Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Confused.....

When I go to buy inspiration point gifts like faster learning or double chance of twins, Entrepreneurial mindset, stuff like that, they seem to disappear from the box they go to when I leave my sim to play another family or even just move that sim to another house, its just started happening, I'm wondering if its happening to others aswell? and what to do about it, its getting rather frustrating having to keep buying my inspiration gifts over and over!!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Offhand I would have to say this is not happening to others or we would have heard about it by now. Lifetime Rewards (LTRs) should be embedded in the sim in the same way that traits are, they aren't supposed to change all on their own.

Strange. You aren't by any chance working with multiple game saves from different points in the timeline, meaning are you always playing the same ongoing save going forward? Is this happening to more than one sim or in more than one game? Are mods in play at all?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor this has happened to me with no mods. I sometimes loose my lifetime rewards when a sim ages up or I move them out of the house. I have to use cheats to buyback their rewards.

If OP is switching households while not using mods I suppose the game is glitching up with rewards that way too. You know this game does not do well on playing diffrent households without mods.
    edited June 2017
    @igazor this has happened to me with no mods. I sometimes loose my lifetime rewards when a sim ages up or I move them out of the house. I have to use cheats to buyback their rewards.
    I stand corrected, then.

If OP is switching households while not using mods I suppose the game is glitching up with rewards that way too. You know this game does not do well on playing diffrent households without mods.
    Yes, so I've heard. ;)

But outdated or conflicting mods, if in play, can cause much worse issues. Didn't realize this was "a thing" in some cases in a modless game until now, though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor I have LTR go missing allot. Maybe some people don't notice it's happening but it's definitely a game bug

I have had issues trying to switch households without mods years ago. lots of glitches. I don't bother anymore.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

My ultimate sim has lost 3 or 4 reward traits. I did move her to a new save, and to be honest, I tried a few different ways and can't remember the way I settled on (either with traveler, with porter, or saved to the bin and moved in new town). And I don't switch households at all. My sim is my exclusive household. :s

But I have a host of mods, mostly Nraas, and still lost some traits. I don't know which ones it is, either, so I can't see if she still has them and they are only "invisible". There are clear gaps in her list of rewards. :neutral:

Hate to piggy back someone's post, but is there any way to know what's missing and to replace them within the Nraas mods?
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    My ultimate sim has lost 3 or 4 reward traits. I did move her to a new save, and to be honest, I tried a few different ways and can't remember the way I settled on (either with traveler, with porter, or saved to the bin and moved in new town). And I don't switch households at all. My sim is my exclusive household. :s

But I have a host of mods, mostly Nraas, and still lost some traits. I don't know which ones it is, either, so I can't see if she still has them and they are only "invisible". There are clear gaps in her list of rewards. :neutral:

Hate to piggy back someone's post, but is there any way to know what's missing and to replace them within the Nraas mods?
    You can't see them all on a list and sort by has/doesn't have like you can with regular traits. But if you do NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Traits > Drop Rewards (don't really drop any though), does a list appear of "droppable" ones that doesn't quite match what they show on the reward tab or is it exactly the same?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

I don't think it has anything to do with the mods. It's a long time game glitch and I believe happens when moving a sim to wherever you move them. I wasn't using mods. I used the in game cheat to get more reward points to give them back their LTR. I have had sims with allot of LTR points and the points will go missing :/ Maybe @igazor has been lucky and this has not happened to him?
    edited June 2017
    I don't think it has anything to do with the mods. It's a long time game glitch and I believe happens when moving a sim to wherever you move them. I wasn't using mods. I used the in game cheat to get more reward points to give them back their LTR. I have had sims with allot of LTR points and the points will go missing :/ Maybe @igazor has been lucky and this has not happened to him?
    It has not. But what @ChelleJo is asking is if MasterController can be used to help figure out which LTRs went missing if they were not memorized by the player as she now has blank spaces on her sims' panel reserved where the rewards used to show up. That's a different, although somewhat related, question. There are various ways to get them back as noted.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    It has not. But what @ChelleJo is asking is if MasterController can be used to help figure out which LTRs went missing if they were not memorized by the player as she now has blank spaces on her sims' panel reserved where the rewards used to show up. That's a different, although somewhat related, question. There are various ways to get them back as noted.

I got ya. Usually the sims I move out I give fireproof house. Long distant friend. Steel bladder, hardly hungry.
    edited June 2017
    Fireproof Homestead is the one I would notice right away, or at least as soon as the house catches fire.

"No! This can't be happening! I gave a sim in that family the LTR, I know I did, what the heck is wrong with this game...oh. That sim moved out to a different household across town now and took it with them, didn't they. Oops."
    ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Fireproof Homestead is the one I would notice right away, or at least as soon as the house catches fire.

"No! This can't be happening! I gave a sim in that family the LTR, I know I did, what the heck is wrong with this game...oh. That sim moved out to a different household across town now and took it with them, didn't they. Oops."
    ;)

I usually catch the missing LTR going missing when the sim I gave steel bladder to no longer has a steel bladder. Using the restroom 20 times is usually the first thing I notice :p That will happen more frequently than a house fire ;)

You can't see them all on a list and sort by has/doesn't have like you can with regular traits. But if you do NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Traits > Drop Rewards (don't really drop any though), does a list appear of "droppable" ones that doesn't quite match what they show on the reward tab or is it exactly the same?

Thanks @igazor! Sorry I took so long to respond. I was having an issue with Sims 4 and the after fixing that, I just haven't had to the time to get on my games. Hopefully I'll be able to load Sims 3 up and at least attempt to fix this issue. :)

;)

;)

I usually catch the missing LTR going missing when the sim I gave steel bladder to no longer has a steel bladder. Using the restroom 20 times is usually the first thing I notice :p That will happen more frequently than a house fire ;)

:D:D:D Unfortunately, my sim doesn't get the need traits (steel bladder, dirt defiant, etc) cause I like the daily care of needs in my game. I figure it is only fair, with me using relativity to slow down game play. But she does have fireproof homestead, so I'd definitely catch that one missing! :D
    p8L4V6v.png

Thanks @igazor! Sorry I took so long to respond. I was having an issue with Sims 4 and the after fixing that, I just haven't had to the time to get on my games. Hopefully I'll be able to load Sims 3 up and at least attempt to fix this issue. :)

;)

;)

:D:D:D Unfortunately, my sim doesn't get the need traits (steel bladder, dirt defiant, etc) cause I like the daily care of needs in my game. I figure it is only fair, with me using relativity to slow down game play. But she does have fireproof homestead, so I'd definitely catch that one missing! :D

The sims I move out are from my legacy. I raise them from babies so they have steel bladder, hardly hungry etc . I give them fireproof house when they are adults and I move them out when I no longer am playing them . Sometimes when I move them they loose their LTR.
    I started my game and went to the Nraas/MC setting. At the very top there are 3 that show as "has" but the are blank. I wrote down the other 55 showing. :#

I just don't know if I should drop those 3 and try to "buy" them again. :s

She does have the age freeze, and it's showing, but honestly, I've been playing her over a year, I have no idea what I have and haven't gotten her. I just know she doesn't have the needs rewards and there was a couple others that weren't pertinent at the time, so she hadn't got those yet.

Would any rewards, such as age freeze (though it is showing) have a invisible trait attached to it, too?
    p8L4V6v.png
    @ChelleJo If you need more life time reward points you maybe able to get more with mods? If you use the in game cheat you have to do testingcheatsenabled true "Before" you choose your game to play. Once in game if you left click in between the treasure chest and LTR points you will keep getting more points the more you click. It's an annoying way to get points but it works.
    @phoebebebe13 Allie (my sim) is good on points. She's totaled over a million in her lifetime and she has over 500K.

I was just trying to find a way to know exactly what was lost and if I could just delete those 3 not showing an icon or name in MC. I'd hate to delete one and it be tied to another one that I'd have to play "guess which one you messed up" to fix. :D:D

And, I was also checking to see if the "missing" rewards would reappear if I removed them (the 3 blank ones) with MC.

But, thanks for the tips on getting more points. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • LopezPlaysAlotLopezPlaysAlot Posts: 19 New Member
    Hello. I am using sims 3 ( with every extension pack )

My sim, Lexi went to University and found the love of her life. They were both in the technology degree.

When Lexi left, she decided to come back for another term. Her love from last term, Mugsy was still there and now was gone, disappeared.

I had no choice but to create another world. I imported Lexi over, and did everything the same, I put Lexi on the dating site.

They became a match and met up, then I realised he had pink fairy wings. I thought oh no, but Lexi really loved him.

After the 2 terms were over they were girlfriend and boyfriend again. You might be thinking what's so wrong with this?

It gets way worse!

We went home and I had a lot of money, like 100,000's and so I made them an underground basement house! They loved it!

After a couple of weeks they decided they wanted to have a baby!

The next day, Lexi finds out she is pregnant. After a long time of pregnancy, twins were born.

Mugsy wanted to propose to Lexi, it came up in his wishes, and in hers too.

So I went to Google, and Googled how to propose in Sims 3? That didn't work. All I did, didn't work.

I gave up, their love was unbreakable anyway. ( some advice on marriage would be helpful )

Then they wanted another baby, so I went and built a bigger house for them.

After another hard pregnancy, their were more twins!

I saved and excited the game for the night...

This morning I came back on, to find out I have toddler twins and infant twins.

This Mugsy has gone through a lot with Lexi!

They truly loved each other and had had four children.

WITHOUT ME DOING ANYTHING! Lexi decides she's had enough and breaks up with Mugsy!

I freak out! What now? I wanted them to get married!

So comes to the reason why I'm here.

I gave Mugsy enough time to get over it ( 24 sim hours )

Lexi tried to be friendly and give him a shoulder to cry on and someone to talk to.

Now I just want them to be friends again! Or lovers even!

Please tell me if you can remove the label of ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.

I ship Mugsy and Lexi forever <3 !

Please please please reply. I won't play sims 3 on that world till I get myself an answer!

Thanks, Lopez.
    Hello. I am using sims 3 ( with every extension pack )

My sim, Lexi went to University and found the love of her life. They were both in the technology degree.

When Lexi left, she decided to come back for another term. Her love from last term, Mugsy was still there and now was gone, disappeared.

I had no choice but to create another world. I imported Lexi over, and did everything the same, I put Lexi on the dating site.

They became a match and met up, then I realised he had pink fairy wings. I thought oh no, but Lexi really loved him.

After the 2 terms were over they were girlfriend and boyfriend again. You might be thinking what's so wrong with this?

It gets way worse!

We went home and I had a lot of money, like 100,000's and so I made them an underground basement house! They loved it!

After a couple of weeks they decided they wanted to have a baby!

The next day, Lexi finds out she is pregnant. After a long time of pregnancy, twins were born.

Mugsy wanted to propose to Lexi, it came up in his wishes, and in hers too.

So I went to Google, and Googled how to propose in Sims 3? That didn't work. All I did, didn't work.

I gave up, their love was unbreakable anyway. ( some advice on marriage would be helpful )

Then they wanted another baby, so I went and built a bigger house for them.

After another hard pregnancy, their were more twins!

I saved and excited the game for the night...

This morning I came back on, to find out I have toddler twins and infant twins.

This Mugsy has gone through a lot with Lexi!

They truly loved each other and had had four children.

WITHOUT ME DOING ANYTHING! Lexi decides she's had enough and breaks up with Mugsy!

I freak out! What now? I wanted them to get married!

So comes to the reason why I'm here.

I gave Mugsy enough time to get over it ( 24 sim hours )

Lexi tried to be friendly and give him a shoulder to cry on and someone to talk to.

Now I just want them to be friends again! Or lovers even!

Please tell me if you can remove the label of ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.

I ship Mugsy and Lexi forever <3 !

Please please please reply. I won't play sims 3 on that world till I get myself an answer!

Thanks, Lopez.

You can follow my instructions here to give them more LTR points. Give them both the clean slate life time reward and that should clean up the relationship issue . They can then become friends, lovers and married. You ran into this problem because your sim did not break up with the first boyfriend (he disappeared) . Why she could not marry the second boyfriend

If you need more life time reward points you maybe able to get more with mods? If you use the in game cheat you have to do testingcheatsenabled true "Before" you choose your game to play. Once in game if you left click in between the treasure chest and LTR points you will keep getting more points the more you click. It's an annoying way to get points but it works. [/quote]

@phoebebebe13 Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. I probably will get clean slate. :blush: Thnks again, Lopez
  • ThreeweThreewe Posts: 2 New Member
    I have had my sims 4 game for a few years now. I used to play it on a toshiba laptop, which worked perfectly fine all the time. My old computer recently died, and my new computer, which is a core i3 and is actually an upgrade from my previous computer, is having tons of problems with my sims. I always kept my graphic on low-medium, the original states EA sets it at, and I decided to put lighting on high. This completely caused my computer to freeze and my sims would not move one bit, even when I commanded them to move. They just stood there idle in a house I built. For example, one of the kids had to go to school, but he was stuck in the pool and the only way he unfroze was when I deleted the pool, and replaced it. Even after I changed my graphics to the lowest they could go, even the 3d scene resolution, the game got even glitchier. It took a while for the graphics to even change back. I am worried I will not be able to play sims because I broke it, or because it is my computer, and it is not strong enough. I own two expansion packs, 3 game packs, and two stuff packs if that makes a difference, and have never interacted with any custom content. My computer is a Dell Inspiration 15, the 5000 series. I just read it contains an intel HD Graphics 4000. I hope this is enough information. I am also not really interested in digging deep into the files, because I am not very technoligical like that. If anyone knows any way to help me return my game back to normal, or if my computer is unstable to play sims, please let me know. Any information is helpful. Thanks in advance!
    edited June 2017
    Threewe wrote: »
    I have had my sims 4 game for a few years now. I used to play it on a toshiba laptop, which worked perfectly fine all the time. My old computer recently died, and my new computer, which is a core i3 and is actually an upgrade from my previous computer, is having tons of problems with my sims. I always kept my graphic on low-medium, the original states EA sets it at, and I decided to put lighting on high. This completely caused my computer to freeze and my sims would not move one bit, even when I commanded them to move. They just stood there idle in a house I built. For example, one of the kids had to go to school, but he was stuck in the pool and the only way he unfroze was when I deleted the pool, and replaced it. Even after I changed my graphics to the lowest they could go, even the 3d scene resolution, the game got even glitchier. It took a while for the graphics to even change back. I am worried I will not be able to play sims because I broke it, or because it is my computer, and it is not strong enough. I own two expansion packs, 3 game packs, and two stuff packs if that makes a difference, and have never interacted with any custom content. My computer is a Dell Inspiration 15, the 5000 series. I just read it contains an intel HD Graphics 4000. I hope this is enough information. I am also not really interested in digging deep into the files, because I am not very technoligical like that. If anyone knows any way to help me return my game back to normal, or if my computer is unstable to play sims, please let me know. Any information is helpful. Thanks in advance!
    I don't mean to be unkind, but you have posted this on your wall (just noted), The Sims Mobile boards, and here -- this is TS3, not TS4. You will get a more helpful response if you post on the Tech Issues board of the TS4 side of the forum as others have already suggested. Perhaps you might take a look at how the forum sections are organized by game, with each in their own areas:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories

But I suspect the i3 processor in that laptop is not powerful/fast enough to run these games. It also does not have a dedicated graphics card, Intel HD is an integrated chip not dedicated, and it's probably too tight on RAM although we can't tell until asking for more specs.

Anything more than the lowest graphics settings would likely be too much for that laptop, and the two EPs might be overworking it as well. But you probably should post on the TS4 side to get a more detailed answer.

Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @LopezPlaysAlot your very welcome
    @phoebebebe13 When I got the cheat I decided I really wanted them to marry, So I went onto a third world and decided to enrol in university, when I got their I realised that Lexi can't marry Mugsy because of the first world so I just ran off with this other guy called Branden. He is a fire man, Lexi met him when he saved her life. He repaid her by going on a date. That turned into a love story of boy friend and girl friend. Without your help I would still be dealing with 2 groups of twins and trying to marry this guy who was cheating on me with myself. xD. Let's be friends?
    @LopezPlaysAlot Im glad you got Lexi sorted out. In the future if you ever have a sim date an NPC sim at Uni ask them to move in if you want to keep them around. The game will purge NPC sometimes. If your sim is in a relationship with an NPC that disappears it messes everything up as you have experienced. There is also a fertility LTR should you want to abuse your sim with lots of children. You might even get triplets. You need to give the fertility rewards to both parents. Twins can happen without the fertility LTR. Have your sim listen to kid music and watch kid tv from the beginning as soon as you know your sims is pregnant will increase your chance of twins. You can also control gender of the children. Eat apples for boys. Watermelon for girls. I find that if you don't eat apples or watermelons your twins will either be girls or boy/girl. If you want twin boys eat allot of apples while watching kid TV and listening to kid music. I have only gotten twin boys twice in 10 generations
    @phoebebebe13 I got two boy/girl and I watched kid tv and ate watermelons and apples. I would love to hear about your sims one day! also I did get that LTR and it gave me two sets of twins.