Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Dads and their kids....

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2017
    wrong thread

Post edited by Karritz on
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Beau and Akantha :) Hopefully soon I will be able to post a pic of Beau with a ghost baby :)
    34663958293_a0cbab7270_b.jpg
    35481489175_43e188a252_b.jpg
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    Super cute! Ill try to remember to post some either today or on my big simming weekend.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    I finally got some time to play! I feel like crying. Here's some older pictures of Bruce Savage from Starlight Shores with his son Aspen.
    Screenshot-129.jpg
    Screenshot-145.jpg

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I had someone worrying in my pm-box a while ago, that Sims 3 kids would grow up to be mental wracks as adults because they never received any love. This topic proves that statement wrong page after page.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 This topic certainly does prove that statement wrong! I have to stop my sims from interacting with the kids when I am trying to get them skilled before growing up. Even the dead can't leave the kids alone!
    Great grandfather Cliff visited recently and played with Maeve while the family slept.
    35165609476_dfc4d998f4_b.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @JoAnne65 and @Mikezumi I agree with you on that. It isn't just parents. My sim's then-teen stepdaughter, Palmira Medina, in spite of being both insane and mean-spirited, would autonomously pick up her toddler half-siblings to cuddle and chat with them. She even tried to make baby food for one of them when the toddler was in a high chair, and had just finished eating.

@IreneSwift And then would steal their lolly no doubt :D (I must make sure to choose that trait for a parent some day..., never saw that happening in my own game)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Mikezumi, congrats on the ghost baby! I love following both of your stories you share on here, and I know you had been waiting for a ghost baby. :)
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Some of my favorite interactions with toddlers. This child only exists in my holiday specials, not in my story proper. ;) But the playing around with the specials and how cute the kids were made me keep the kids' mother in the story, the one that wants kids (Zelda), so he'll have 'real' kids eventually. :D I got so far behind on things I didn't write the specials I intended to last year, so these pics are from the Thanksgiving Special That Never Was lol. ;)

rqxac1.jpg

Rafael: "'Vhat vas that?' the rred fyish asked the orrangche sharrk. 'It vas...a...a...a...qvack!' The Orrangche sharrk replied. 'Oh no! It can't be!' Said the rred fish.

Stacy: "Zebaduck!'

Rafael: "'It's...the...enorrmous... terrryible...fearrsyome...Zebrra duck!' Said the orrangche sharrk, 'Qvickly! Svim avay! Svim avay! Ve must yescape the zebrraduck!' contyinued the orangche sharrk and then the rred fish and orrangche sharrk svam avay verry fast!'

k2zn9j.jpg

Rafael: "Vell, how do you fyeel abyout this prroposyal, Chrristmyas Byearr? Do you thyink you can play nicely vith my daughtyerr?"

Rafael voicing the bear with a little higher voice: "'Vell, I vould lyike to play vith herr: She syeems verry nyice, and she's verry smarrt, she knows many vorrds and she uses them vell for herr age and I thyink ve'll haf lots of fun togetherr...but that byit abyout tyeleporrtink herr othyerr toys to anothyer vorrld and byack, that syounds frrightyenink! If she has byeen tyeleportink othyerr toys then vhat's to styop herr frrom teleporrtink me? I don't vant that. I vould lyike to kyeep all my stuffink. Hov vill I hug herr vithout all my stuffink? Vithout it, I vould be a flat bearr and no vone vants to hug a flat bearr.'"

260rjf7.jpg

Stacy: She giggled. "I hug kismis beaw! Kismis beaw stay! Peek a toy small toy, kismis beaw big toy!"
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Mikezumi congratulations on the ghost baby and double congratulations on the ghost/vampire hybrid. Apparently ghosts are special in that they can have any occult type (as far as I know) as well as being a ghost. Other hybrids require a mod of some sort. I remember I got excited when my fairy with the red wings had a baby with a ghost and it was born a ghost with red fairy wings.

EDIT: I should say, being an artist and loving colour like I do, the ghost is a green ghost and the green ghost baby with the red wings is quite a sight. I'll have to try to get a good screen shot one day - whenever I get back into that game. The only one I have is of a baby lying on the floor and the red wings are just baby sparkles. Maybe when it ages up to be a toddler I'll have to try to get it to pose with dad for a screen shot.
    Post edited by Karritz on
    @Karritz I imagine your hybrid baby looks beautiful with that colouring :)

Beau taking Brone for a stroll :)
    35239739530_e0f0db057d_b.jpg
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @IreneSwift And then would steal their lolly no doubt :D (I must make sure to choose that trait for a parent some day..., never saw that happening in my own game)

It's the evil trait that makes them steal candy from a baby. I don't think the mean spirited trait will do that. I did play an evil sim on high free will once, and while at a party, she stole a lollipop from the hostess' toddler, right after she had cuddled the toddler.

IreneSwift wrote: »

It's the evil trait that makes them steal candy from a baby. I don't think the mean spirited trait will do that. I did play an evil sim on high free will once, and while at a party, she stole a lollipop from the hostess' toddler, right after she had cuddled the toddler.
    Oh haha, well, that goes to show I indeed never play sims with nasty characters ;) Though I did play a kleptomaniac... He didn't raise his offspring though, I don't remember the interaction when he occasionally did pick up one of his tods...
    5JZ57S6.png
    Oh haha, well, that goes to show I indeed never play sims with nasty characters ;) Though I did play a kleptomaniac... He didn't raise his offspring though, I don't remember the interaction when he occasionally did pick up one of his tods...

I don't normally play sims with nasty characters either. But when I played my first household in a world I'd made in CAW and populated myself, they lived next door to a woman who was mean-spirited and disliked children, and her husband. My husband sim became friends with the other man, who invited my him to a party a few days into the game. I'd made the mean-spirited neighbor wife pregnant at the start of the game, just to kind of give her a hard time, since she dislikes children. When my sims arrived, she was waiting for her husband to put the baby back in his crib, then she picked him up and cuddled him.

I became interested in that couple and decided to play them in a save of their own. I put them on high free will so I could see how her traits would make her behave. The father was family oriented, and they had five children. I randomized the children's traits as they were born and aged up, and the youngest turned out to be evil. When she grew up, I moved her to Moonlight Falls and played her, also on high free will. So that's how I happened to play my one and only evil sim ever.

@IreneSwift Great story! That's what I so much like about this game: leading you into directions you never planned.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited July 2017
    My main family has four kids with another on the way, the dad works while the Mom practices magic and alchemy at home with the toddlers. Almost everyday he tries to hang out with his kids at least a little bit.
    b3641f0540.jpg
    Gardening with the family.
    1e2f0a960f.jpg
    And of course, you have to help kids with their homework.
    c6c6ceacce.jpg
    On the weekends I love to do family outings, there are a lot of family friendly venues in my world and this was my first time visiting this one.
    0323f6d385.jpg
    Gotta love skating in the winter. Since Mom was sick and the toddlers can't skate, she just hung out on the edge of the pond and watched her husband skate with the kids.
    95cef768c6.jpg
    He really likes using the stroller. This is the youngest toddler.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Papa Carlos is very happy about their new daughter
    The mom, less so. She is already worrying about stinky diapers.
    The_Sims_3_05_23_2017_21_24_10_549.jpg
    The_Sims_3_05_23_2017_21_41_15_760.jpg
    And here's something relatable...
    The_Sims_3_05_23_2017_23_26_40_832.jpg
    "Get out of my way! I need to get to work!"
    kwdT9wX.gif
    Beau's hybrid baby is a child now :)
    34871752453_36ee10af59_b.jpg
    His 3 kids are so different - a human, a vampire and a hybrid.
    34871743273_d0a26c4400_b.jpg
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

Aww I love this thread! Great pics everyone! ♥

Here are a couple of mine from my current family

EtRn15Z.jpg

sr32lPG.jpg

JasBVJI.jpg
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Had this photo awhile now but Michael got a tattoo and if you can see, he has blue and pink in there to represent his sons and daughters:
    MuOF3Wn.jpg
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Screenshot-x5053_zpsbec6ozz8.jpg
    Jan lets his son Henry have a ride on the seahorse.

Screenshot-x5070_zps3ih1jbn0.jpg
    He then shows great sense of TPO. No, it´s not "cloudy", Jan, that´s hail.

Screenshot-x5071_zpskx5g2mes.jpg
    Henry is hungry. Jan feeds him. He has an umbrella.

Screenshot-x5072_zpsicatgh50.jpg
    I got distracted and Jan wandered off. Henry´s other dad Conall saved him all on his own.

Screenshot-x5086_zpso19rfyn2.jpg
    He then read him a story.

Screenshot-x5063_zpscw3rcikb.jpg
    And put him to bed.

Screenshot-x5065_zpsxxau7i67.jpg
    I love, love, love that animation. <3
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.