Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game keeps freezing at 9pm...

I have saved/uploaded families and houses, deleted the existing lots, replaced the houses and families and it "fixes" the problem for 1 or 2 sim days, then goes back to freezing at 9pm. Load totally new families... plays fine 1-2 sim days and then the 9pm freeze. NO mods have been downloaded. no custom content. I do use the testingcheats option only to adjust sims needs etc. I can't figure out what is up with the 9pm freeze... its been since the Parenting installation, also, my sims keep dropping their queues and jump up to standing position. Can anyone help.... thanks!

Comments

• SassyPenguin96SassyPenguin96 Posts: 208 Member
    Just loaded my game, hoping to play for a few hours... and wouldn't you know it.... 8:59pm this time and it FROZE my whole game/pc and had to force crash the entire thing... again..... can ANYONE offer any help.... please.... thank you.
  • Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    First thing to try would be to repair your game. If the issue still occurs start a new save and see if it still freezes at 9:00 p.m.
    Thanks, I'll try that!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue .
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
    Thank you, I'll try that too!
    So far, "repairing" the game seems to have fixed it.... I've gone through 4 sim evenings now since doing the repair. I still get some dropped queues and my sims inventories have duplicate items in them that I can't sell or discard, buuuut, fingers crossed that's all that was needed to stop the freezing! Thanks for the help, I'll be back if the problem continues and then try the new folder thing... although I'm not sure I follow all the info, I'm not pc savvy... or I'd figure out how to download and install some of the awesome custom content out there! lol
  • Ajabe10Ajabe10 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello, I need to bump this thread because I am having this same problem but none of the fixes listed in this thread have fixed it. My save file keeps starting on a Tuesday around 8:45am and every time I play it will freeze at exactly 9pm on the same day. What can I do?

I have tried using "save as" and using the new save file and I have also tried to repair my game on Origin. I have also tried the method @rosemow gave as well and that also didn't work. Does anyone have any more ideas? This is really upsetting!
    edited August 2017
    Ajabe10 wrote: »
    Hello, I need to bump this thread because I am having this same problem but none of the fixes listed in this thread have fixed it. My save file keeps starting on a Tuesday around 8:45am and every time I play it will freeze at exactly 9pm on the same day. What can I do?

I have tried using "save as" and using the new save file and I have also tried to repair my game on Origin. I have also tried the method @rosemow gave as well and that also didn't work. Does anyone have any more ideas? This is really upsetting!

Hello @Ajabe10
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. When it occurs, try going to game options and back, or press the M key , then cancel traveling and see if that helps the issue. Also if you can, try pressing pause when the game freezes, wait a little while, press pause again, then press normal speed and see if that helps.

To try to prevent it occuring, lowering your graphics settings may help.
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    Try starting a completely fresh new save game file , that isn't a "save as " file, and test to see if it occurs in the fresh new save game.

> @rosemow said:
    > Ajabe10 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, I need to bump this thread because I am having this same problem but none of the fixes listed in this thread have fixed it. My save file keeps starting on a Tuesday around 8:45am and every time I play it will freeze at exactly 9pm on the same day. What can I do?
    >
    > I have tried using "save as" and using the new save file and I have also tried to repair my game on Origin. I have also tried the method @rosemow gave as well and that also didn't work. Does anyone have any more ideas? This is really upsetting!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Ajabe10
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue. When it occurs, try going to game options and back, or press the M key , then cancel traveling and see if that helps the issue. Also if you can, try pressing pause when the game freezes, wait a little while, press pause again, then press normal speed and see if that helps.
    >
    > To try to prevent it occuring, lowering your graphics settings may help.
    > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    > Try starting a completely fresh new save game file , that isn't a "save as " file, and test to see if it occurs in the fresh new save game.

Thanks for the response @rosemow . When the game freezes, I'm not able to click anything at all, it all locks in place and stays at 9PM. I have tried lowering graphics settings as well and it didn@Ajabe10

I tried controlling another family past 9PM and it was fine. I had time go to about 10:40PM and then switched back to the family I want to use and they were frozen, so the problem seems to be locked to the one family. I moved them into another house and the same thing happened to them at 9PM. I'm not sure what could be causing this because their inventories are fine. This is so frustrating! Any other ideas?
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello, I need to bump this thread because I am having this same problem but none of the fixes listed in this thread have fixed it. My save file keeps starting on a Tuesday around 8:45am and every time I play it will freeze at exactly 9pm on the same day. What can I do?
    >
    > I have tried using "save as" and using the new save file and I have also tried to repair my game on Origin. I have also tried the method @rosemow gave as well and that also didn't work. Does anyone have any more ideas? This is really upsetting!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Ajabe10
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue. When it occurs, try going to game options and back, or press the M key , then cancel traveling and see if that helps the issue. Also if you can, try pressing pause when the game freezes, wait a little while, press pause again, then press normal speed and see if that helps.
    >
    > To try to prevent it occuring, lowering your graphics settings may help.
    > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    > Try starting a completely fresh new save game file , that isn't a "save as " file, and test to see if it occurs in the fresh new save game.

Thanks for the response @rosemow . When the game freezes, I'm not able to click anything at all, it all locks in place and stays at 9PM. I have tried lowering graphics settings as well and it didn@Ajabe10

I tried controlling another family past 9PM and it was fine. I had time go to about 10:40PM and then switched back to the family I want to use and they were frozen, so the problem seems to be locked to the one family. I moved them into another house and the same thing happened to them at 9PM. I'm not sure what could be causing this because their inventories are fine. This is so frustrating! Any other ideas?

Hello@Ajabe10
    Try seeing if the same issue occurs if the family is on a community lot at 9 pm.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there with that family.

Try evicting the sims family from their home. Then go to manage households, and move them into a home that way. Test to see if the issue remains.

> @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Ajabe10 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hello, I need to bump this thread because I am having this same problem but none of the fixes listed in this thread have fixed it. My save file keeps starting on a Tuesday around 8:45am and every time I play it will freeze at exactly 9pm on the same day. What can I do?
    > >
    > > I have tried using "save as" and using the new save file and I have also tried to repair my game on Origin. I have also tried the method @rosemow gave as well and that also didn't work. Does anyone have any more ideas? This is really upsetting!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @Ajabe10
    > > I am sorry that you are having this issue. When it occurs, try going to game options and back, or press the M key , then cancel traveling and see if that helps the issue. Also if you can, try pressing pause when the game freezes, wait a little while, press pause again, then press normal speed and see if that helps.
    > >
    > > To try to prevent it occuring, lowering your graphics settings may help.
    > > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    > > Try starting a completely fresh new save game file , that isn't a "save as " file, and test to see if it occurs in the fresh new save game.
    >
    > Thanks for the response @rosemow . When the game freezes, I'm not able to click anything at all, it all locks in place and stays at 9PM. I have tried lowering graphics settings as well and it didn@Ajabe10
    >
    > I tried controlling another family past 9PM and it was fine. I had time go to about 10:40PM and then switched back to the family I want to use and they were frozen, so the problem seems to be locked to the one family. I moved them into another house and the same thing happened to them at 9PM. I'm not sure what could be causing this because their inventories are fine. This is so frustrating! Any other ideas?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello@Ajabe10
    > Try seeing if the same issue occurs if the family is on a community lot at 9 pm.
    >
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there with that family.
    >
    > Try evicting the sims family from their home. Then go to manage households, and move them into a home that way. Test to see if the issue remains.

This has fixed! It was apparently a toddler problem. I force aged them up (I had twin toddlers) and then the problems stopped. So weird...
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Ajabe10 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hello, I need to bump this thread because I am having this same problem but none of the fixes listed in this thread have fixed it. My save file keeps starting on a Tuesday around 8:45am and every time I play it will freeze at exactly 9pm on the same day. What can I do?
    > >
    > > I have tried using "save as" and using the new save file and I have also tried to repair my game on Origin. I have also tried the method @rosemow gave as well and that also didn't work. Does anyone have any more ideas? This is really upsetting!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @Ajabe10
    > > I am sorry that you are having this issue. When it occurs, try going to game options and back, or press the M key , then cancel traveling and see if that helps the issue. Also if you can, try pressing pause when the game freezes, wait a little while, press pause again, then press normal speed and see if that helps.
    > >
    > > To try to prevent it occuring, lowering your graphics settings may help.
    > > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    > > Try starting a completely fresh new save game file , that isn't a "save as " file, and test to see if it occurs in the fresh new save game.
    >
    > Thanks for the response @rosemow . When the game freezes, I'm not able to click anything at all, it all locks in place and stays at 9PM. I have tried lowering graphics settings as well and it didn@Ajabe10
    >
    > I tried controlling another family past 9PM and it was fine. I had time go to about 10:40PM and then switched back to the family I want to use and they were frozen, so the problem seems to be locked to the one family. I moved them into another house and the same thing happened to them at 9PM. I'm not sure what could be causing this because their inventories are fine. This is so frustrating! Any other ideas?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello@Ajabe10
    > Try seeing if the same issue occurs if the family is on a community lot at 9 pm.
    >
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there with that family.
    >
    > Try evicting the sims family from their home. Then go to manage households, and move them into a home that way. Test to see if the issue remains.

This has fixed! It was apparently a toddler problem. I force aged them up (I had twin toddlers) and then the problems stopped. So weird...

It is good that the issue has been fixed :)
  • islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member

I've been having the same issue since July, on the Oakencrest 50x50 lot in Willow Creek (with a home I built). It occurs with a two parent household with two children, and two babies (No CC used). The problem started during the second trimester of the female young adult sim's pregnancy, after moving into a larger home - at which point the game client was freezing every night at 9:00 pm. I wound up playing on the same save file with a new childless household, without issue (this is how I was able to get from pregnant sim -> twin babies).

Details:
    Playing the Sims 4 on PC with all game packs, expansion packs, and stuff packs to date. Was using MCCC (Deaderpool) and UI Cheats (Weerbesu) mods, both were up to date and properly saved (no prior issues). Client freeze happened regardless of whether mods were installed or not. I was able to play the same save file with another house hold without issue both with and without the mods. I use crash and frozen interchangeably, but the issue is a proper freeze, wherein nothing can be done and the client has to be force closed. Sound still works, but nothing can be interacted with and I get the spinning wheel effect. If I click on the game client, I get a pop up that the program is not responding.

My Solution:
    This was weird because a number of things fixed the problem - but none of the standard troubleshooting suggestions did. What worked for me was to go back to the last working version of the family, prior to the second pregnancy, and replace the bugged family with the older version -- I was able to play fine on the same exact lot on the same save file [with the old version of the family] without issue. Because of this, I was convinced I just had overbuffed demon twins that were causing the problems. But as you'll see in my troubleshooting "journey", there are a number of changes that resulted in surviving the curse of 9:00 PM. Fixes that worked for me include: Deleting all talking toilets on the played lot (they don't affect other households, just this one for some reason). Sending the family to another lot while waiting for 9:00 pm to pass (like a park or even visiting Granite Falls, however it's not a long-term fix unfortunately). Moving did not fix the problem. Deleting a family member prevented the issue from occurring, but canceling the pregnancy did not.

For anyone else experiencing this issue: Does the issue occur while playing a household with children? Which life stage are they in? Do you have Parenthood installed? Do you have a smart toilet installed in the house? Did you receive any fertility boosts/buffs prior to your sim getting pregnant (ley-line lot trait, fertility massage at the spa, fertility reward perk, etc.)? Did you use any pregnancy risk modifiers when your sim got pregnant (i.e., mods that increase/reduce risk, including MC Command Center)?

Troubleshooting:
    if you want to see my loooooong troubleshooting journey, and the various things that worked and didn't work, my original version of this post is on the ea help forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Sims-4-save-crashing-at-9pm-every-time/m-p/6242790/highlight/false#M98157

Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hello.

Although it's not listed in the patch notes, we believe this is fixed on today's patch. If you are still encountering this issue after updating to today's patch, please let me know.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    Hello.

Although it's not listed in the patch notes, we believe this is fixed on today's patch. If you are still encountering this issue after updating to today's patch, please let me know.

Thankyou for letting us know :) It is great that it has been fixed!
  • NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    I am having this same problem except it freezes at 9am. The kids wont go to school and Im not able to control any of my sims but the time keeps progressing in the game. I updated to the newest patch today too and still no change.
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
    NiLLA wrote: »
    I am having this same problem except it freezes at 9am. The kids wont go to school and Im not able to control any of my sims but the time keeps progressing in the game. I updated to the newest patch today too and still no change.

Hello @NiLLA
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. There is an issue that simmers are having when sims go to school or work .The sims freeze
    This is what another simmer helpfully suggested on another thread when playing in windowed mode
    Toreshinbo posted
    When it's almost time for school (around 7:50) make your window veeeery tiny. That way the game will snap back to it's usual rate. It might get stuck for a few seconds but that's it. When the kids are at school you can enlarge the window again :smile:
    I know it's an annoying workaround but at least it helps.

Having your sims outside near where they leave for school just before 8 can also help.

This is for when the kids are leaving for school at 8 a.m.
  • NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    Oh jeeze I mean 8am- whenever they go to school LOL I will try that thanks! I have them outside near the sidewalk and that hasnt help. I hope they can get this patched or something soon.
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
    edited October 2017
    NiLLA wrote: »
    Oh jeeze I mean 8am- whenever they go to school LOL I will try that thanks! I have them outside near the sidewalk and that hasnt help. I hope they can get this patched or something soon.

Hello
    This AHQ EA site refers to the issue. You may like to post feedback there.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-freezes-when-kids-teens-go-to-school/m-p/5870882#M34546