Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Pack Separate From Eco Pack Please?

Comments

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Doing only one step in a more green manner is not what being eco friendly is about. Laundry no one thinks of when told eco friendly (excepts us here now), hand washing doesn't get rid of the most destructive parts of laundry anyways. I really can't see how having a washbin suddenly makes it so laundry is an eco pack.

Also our sims are currently greener with out laundry because you know they don't use any water at all or chemicals to clean. Our sims current laundry system is better than even hand washing and clotheslines.

We have laundry why do people feel the need to try and justify it for the theme of eco? What is so wrong about just letting it be a laundry/domestic pack? Laundry won that isn't changing, all calling it eco does it make it less likely we will get a more fleshed out eco theme latter.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2017
    Everyone is getting so hung up on the vague overall umbrella term Maxis decided to use when pitching this pack to us, plus laundry was clearly included as one of the potential directions the pack could take from the get go, so it's not like they pulled a switcharoo on us.

Imagine they didn't do this whole voting thing, but instead made all the decisions internally within the studio the way they normally do. It's entirely possible they would have come up with the exact same pack we will be getting. The only difference is that no one would ever known they initually tossed around the term "eco living" when brainstorming ideas. This pack will NOT be called eco living stuff, I think that's pretty much gauranteed. Even if the pack had focused on solar panels or something like that it probably still wouldn't have been called Eco Living Stuff because that was never meant to be the pack name.

This pack is going to be about laundry. I know it's dissappoitning for those who voted for the theme for reasons other than laundry and who wanted eco concious stuff, but it is what it is. At this point its doubful that they are any more or less likely to make a pack focusing on one of the other ideas than they would have been without this vote. It's not like laundry is SOOOO close to one of the other ideas that they would see it as redundant to come out with another pack focusing on one of those.

I think the other ideas would also make fun additons to the game and if Maxis sees that there is demand they may make it. Imagine laundry had been under starter home stuff and that theme had won, then they may not be as aware of how much some people want some of the other ideas presented under the eco living theme since people wouldn't be so fucused on talking about how fun those other ideas could be.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2017
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Everyone is getting so hung up on the vague overall umbrella term Maxis decided to use when pitching this pack to us, plus laundry was clearly included as one of the potential directions the pack could take from the get go, so it's not like they pulled a switcharoo on us.

Imagine they didn't do this whole voting thing, but instead made all the decisions internally within the studio the way they normally do. It's entirely possible they would have come up with the exact same pack we will be getting. The only difference is that no one would ever known they initually tossed around the term "eco living" when brainstorming ideas. This pack will NOT be called eco living stuff, I think that's pretty much gauranteed. Even if the pack had focused on solar panels or something like that it probably still wouldn't have been called Eco Living Stuff because that was never meant to be the pack name.

This pack is going to be about laundry. I know it's dissappoitning for those who voted for the theme for reasons other than laundry and who wanted eco concious stuff, but it is what it is. At this point its doubful that they are any more or less likely to make a pack focusing on one of the other ideas than they would have been without this vote. It's not like laundry is SOOOO close to one of the other ideas that they would see it as redundant to come out with another pack focusing on one of those.

I think the other ideas would also make fun additons to the game and if Maxis sees that there is demand they may make it. Imagine laundry had been under starter home stuff and that theme had won, then they may not be as aware of how much some people want some of the other ideas presented under the eco living theme since people wouldn't be so fucused on talking about how fun those other ideas could be.

You really need to look up the definition of the word THEME. It does not mean "vague umbrella term" - Eco friendly was and is supposed to be the THEME of the pack that we voted for. NOT a vague umbrella term.

I work on a new book, and my editor asks me the THEME of my new story - he wants to know what my story is about - not some vague umbrella term. When I give my editor the theme of my book - it by golly better reflect the theme of what I told him it was and not be all over the place.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Alysha1988 wrote: »

You really need to look up the definition of the word THEME. It does not mean "vague umbrella term" - Eco friendly was and is supposed to be the THEME of the pack that we voted for. NOT a vague umbrella term.

I work on a new book, and my editor asks me the THEME of my new story - he wants to know what my story is about - not some vague umbrella term. When I give my editor the theme of my book - it by golly better reflect the theme of what I told him it was and not be all over the place.
    I have to agree with Writin_Reg on this. A theme is as Writin_Reg has done said [Not an umbrella term]. And yes, Maxis has done said what the theme of this Pack is already.
    Post edited by sunman502 on
    Also just to add - Graham made it pretty clear on this post here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915788/so-what-happens-to-those-themes-that-didnt-win/p1

That the theme was not just a vague umbrella term and that the whole pack was locked into this theme -

as he states on the last line of the above post -

quote"
    Even though this Stuff Pack we're building together is now locked into the eco living theme, we always value your feedback regarding the things that you want to see in The Sims!

Unquote.

So doesn't look like anything vague at all - but rather something the whole pack was locked into.

It is because of this statement from Graham after that theme won - many of us are baffled by Laundry being a choice period - as there is nothing Eco friendly about laundry - at least not in the home anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    If they want to include laundry in an eco friendly pack they should have a wash tub, wash board and clothes line and have the washer and dryer in a separate pack for more modern or at least have a futuristic washer and dryer.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited July 2017
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Please ask the devs to include washing machine + dryer / clothes line in a Free Patch as I'm not willing to spent $10 for a SP pack that consist laundry alone; if they do this, I reckon there won't be any complaints.

And I don't want laundry at all, so I will probably not be buying the ecopack. If my sims should wash their clothes, I would rather be able to let them bathe with their clothes on in rivers and lakes or the sea. :smiley:
    edited July 2017
    BMSO wrote: »
    If they want to include laundry in an eco friendly pack they should have a wash tub, wash board and clothes line and have the washer and dryer in a separate pack for more modern or at least have a futuristic washer and dryer.

Graham said there would be wash tubs and clothes lines as well. Fact is laundry period is not Eco Friendly.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited July 2017
    Can we all just ask (beg/annoy) the devs to make us a laundry stuff pack after the Eco Living pack is finished?

I think laundry wouldn't be done well at all in an eco themed pack. Beside the fact that washers and dryers are not eco friendly at all and won't fit in this pack. If we had laundry in the Eco Living pack, it wouldn't be done to the level everyone wants. Laundry would be super limited. Everyone who really wants laundry would end up a little upset, maybe complain, and end up asking for more laundry stuff.

Wouldn't it be better for laundry to have it's own pack? That way, we could get various styles of washers and dryers. More items and animations for laundry related tasks. Maybe get a laundromat venue type.

In it's own pack, it'll be way more fleshed out.

The devs could do an amazing job with laundry if it had it's own pack.

@heatherXkitty No worries I got a friend in the community who thinks exactly the same as you , she has the same opinions about laundry stuff especially about the eco-friendly matter, indeed it isn't in real life but in the sims even washing machine are eco-friendly because "they save water".
    Trash compactors fits better really.
    You are not the only who think this and laundry pack is the worst hated choice in the community background. Adding laundry in the sims 4 why not , it's an excellent idea anyways. I use a lot of it in my sims 3 and recently mine I used broke lol. That's a true catastrophy to mob the floor because the flood can't be off so easily if you don't fix it first.
    However a true laundry pack might included stuffs as ironing, that miss in the sims 3 and it must be included more interactions but indeed it's limited as choice at least make the clothes streching or become too small or being electrocuted with ahaha. If not so, paying just for washing and is a little bit annoying. The best choice was a free pack or a free update.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    I actually would love eco living, but I DON'T want laundry. So if it has laundry, and I don't have a choice whether I do laundry or not (such as, if I don't buy a washer or whatever, no laundry is spawned) I'm not buying it. I know it's realistic and I do laundry, but it doesn't take me 15 minutes to walk from one end of my house to the other either. With all the time they already spend repairing broken objects (unless I cheat money or have a rich Sim), laundry would just take more time out of their day to experience life. I'd hate getting laundry is a free update. I didn't ask for it. If then make it something like the holiday pack, which I am free to upload or not.
    edited July 2017
    Here's the thing if a Pack has something that you don't want, but want something else that's in it as well. Say like the laundry part of the Pack, but the Pack also contains something that you do want. You still get the Pack. You'll get the laundry stuff, but you don't have to add them to your sims houses. You can just leave them sit there in the buy mode if you wish. ;)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    BMSO wrote: »

Graham said there would be wash tubs and clothes lines as well. Fact is laundry period is not Eco Friendly.

I must have skimmed too fast through that post cause I never caught that. They could always add it in a different pack or they could have just added it into city living rather than a later pack or include it in eco.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Here's the thing if a Pack has something that you don't want, but want something else that's in it as well. Say like the laundry part of the Pack, but the Pack also contains something that you do want. You still get the Pack. You'll get the laundry stuff, but you don't have to add them to your sims houses. You can just leave them sit there in the buy mode if you wish. ;)

No I won't. I'm getting ever penny of my 10$ of value in an sp or that 10$ is going somewhere else, same with any other gp or ep.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member

@sunman502 true exactly in each ep or sp no matter the game !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »

No I won't. I'm getting ever penny of my 10$ of value in an sp or that 10$ is going somewhere else, same with any other gp or ep.

I agree. I can't justify spending $10 on a pack I only like one or two things from. If I'm spending $10 then I do it on a pack that I like at least half the items in it. Otherwise it's a rip off and not worth it for me.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • LoverGal623LoverGal623 Posts: 47 Member
    I like the idea of laundry as an option for those more real family based games. I'd use it. But I too don't want to shell out a bunch of money for washing machines alone that could either be grouped into this pack (they already said there'd be clotheslines and such, but to please the consumers they'll more than likely also put modern machines) or put in as a patch. So what if it doesn't entirely match the theme of the pack?

Laundry didn't match the theme of Ambitions
    edited August 2017
    BeJaWa wrote: »

Like it has been stated many times before on here. No one is twisting anyone's arm to buy this or any other Pack for this game. So it's entirely up to the player if they want to or not buy this or any other Pack for this game.
    I like the idea of laundry as an option for those more real family based games. I'd use it. But I too don't want to shell out a bunch of money for washing machines alone that could either be grouped into this pack (they already said there'd be clotheslines and such, but to please the consumers they'll more than likely also put modern machines) or put in as a patch. So what if it doesn't entirely match the theme of the pack?

Ambitions was the title of that EP - not the theme of that ep. The theme if I recall was things to do from and in the home. So laundry actually did work. You see that is where some are confused - a title is not the THEME of something. A theme is what ideas make up the content based around a singular idea.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member

Ambitions was the title of that EP - not the theme of that ep. The theme if I recall was things to do from and in the home. So laundry actually did work. You see that is where some are confused - a title is not the THEME of something. A theme is what ideas make up the content based around a singular idea.

Yes!! Thank you! It's been super frustrating how people keep thinking the title is the theme when it's not.

Laundry fit with the theme of Ambitions, just like it fit with the theme of Town Life Stuff. Laundry would have been perfect for Parenthood, and then maybe we would have gotten a proper eco pack.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I think referring to it as "Eco Life Stuff" was a bad idea from the get go. That really isn't the idea for the pack. But I highly doubt that Eco is going to be in the name when the vote comes around. Plus, I figure most people voted because of the laundry so holding off on it for another pack makes pretty much zero sense.
    edited August 2017
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    I think referring to it as "Eco Life Stuff" was a bad idea from the get go. That really isn't the idea for the pack. But I highly doubt that Eco is going to be in the name when the vote comes around. Plus, I figure most people voted because of the laundry so holding off on it for another pack makes pretty much zero sense.

Simmers choose that theme - we did that by choosing that theme out of the other themes. When we choose Eco friendly we sort of expected seeing that was the THEME - we would get just eco friendly choices as Graham said it was locked into that THEME. It was never the title of the pack - just what the pack is supposed to be about. Hence why there is so much discord with people who know what it means to be Eco friendly - and laundry is not eco friendly

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    NO MORE voting please. I've realized that the community can destroy an amazing theme on purpose only to get the feature they want even if it doesn't fit so I hope they won't make a voting anymore but the gurus should be more open for ideas and make inspired packs with them.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > BoredinTX wrote: »
    >
    > I think referring to it as "Eco Life Stuff" was a bad idea from the get go. That really isn't the idea for the pack. But I highly doubt that Eco is going to be in the name when the vote comes around. Plus, I figure most people voted because of the laundry so holding off on it for another pack makes pretty much zero sense.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Simmers choose that theme - we did that by choosing that theme out of the other themes. When we choose Eco friendly we sort of expected seeing that was the THEME - we would get just eco friendly choices as Graham said it was locked into that THEME. It was never the title of the pack - just what the pack is supposed to be about. Hence why there is so much discord with people who know what it means to be Eco friendly - and laundry is not eco friendly

I understand what you're saying but when the initial vote was made the description included laundry. I think more people voted because of the laundry, rather than the "Eco" aspect.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Since laundry is the main feature of the pack, I think they should just call it "Laundry Stuff" or "Entry Hallway Stuff". That way people who are extreme enough to prefer to do their own laundry in real life with a washboard and basin and a clothesline aren't screaming about washing machines wasting water, electricity etc.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I suppose a washboard and clothesline would be considered eco friendly. It would funny though if your sim doing the laundry DEMANDED you give them a washing machine after so long. :smiley:
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell