Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Pack Separate From Eco Pack Please?

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had just tried to get a sim to walk over that base game pile of laundry that I had mentioned earlier, and they wouldn't do. The sim just treated that pile of laundry as it were an object that's blocking their path.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I had just tried to get a sim to walk over that base game pile of laundry that I had mentioned earlier, and they wouldn't do. The sim just treated that pile of laundry as it were an object that's blocking their path.

Yes I did see that in game as you said Sunman and when I checked it's mesh it has the mesh for statues which sims will not step over. So it all depends on the mimic. Like the scattered laundry you see in parenthood has the same as a rug - and sims walks on that - but not a statue mimic - the same as floor statue, rock etc use. So that is why. The game does not recognize the objects - it recognizes the container the object fits in and the mesh it uses to tell the Sim how to react to it. At least that is the way Graham said things went in the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yes I did see that in game as you said Sunman and when I checked it's mesh it has the mesh for statues which sims will not step over. So it all depends on the mimic. Like the scattered laundry you see in parenthood has the same as a rug - and sims walks on that - but not a statue mimic - the same as floor statue, rock etc use. So that is why. The game does not recognize the objects - it recognizes the container the object fits in and the mesh it uses to tell the Sim how to react to it. At least that is the way Graham said things went in the game.
    That would definitely explain why a sim can't walk over that pile of laundry. Thank you for sharing this here Writin_Reg. :)
  • CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    Honestly, after seeing all the other options I think I do really want something other than just laundry.

I think the best case scenario would be if they decided to patch it in, and then they could offer more eco-friendly solutions in the pack (such as washing out by hand and a clothes line) and maybe one or two other small features from the list. That way everyone could be a bit happier

If not, then I dunno. I might still vote for laundry but I also might not depending on what our final choices are. I would really like to see laundry included later though and I think it would be, I don't think a pack all about laundry would work, but there'd be a lot of great possibilities.

tbh im really hoping when we vote on features its in a similar manner that picking the theme was, so that way even things that don't make the cut they'll at least know we're super interested in.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I don't think laundry would get its own pack, nor do I believe it should have its own pack. However I do believe that if it isn't included in eco living it'll be included somewhere else, probably.

I don't understand that. Whether you like laundry or not, it's going to take the team a lot of work to animate and program it. Therefore it would be the only gameplay object(s) in an SP (washers, dryers and hampers). Expecting anything else with laundry would be unrealistic (looking at past SPs for example and knowing about SP restrictions). And a lot of people don't care for laundry, so wouldn't the best bet be just to put it in an SP (not saying this one SP specifically) that way people can just not but it if they don't want it? Or do you mean you think it should come in a bigger pack as just a side addition?
    edited June 2017
    They could easily make a sp pack with laundry as the main them - they could make a laundromat - a couple different styles of washers and dryers, laundry room and laundromat decor, maybe even add some vending machine with snacks and soda or juice. Make another with detergent and fabric softener. So that way people who seriously want laundry would have an entire sp just all about laundry.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I wouldn't mind if laundry got its own pack at all that way we could get more stuff geared to just laundry
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    Starter home pack could include laundry too if we wanted and kept asking for it. Didnt have to pick eco living theme for just laundry thats nonsense. It was my third pick even tho I wasnt that sad bcs the objects and clothes that we voted for made my mind. Still don't want laundry as a feature if they wont add with ironing together. I will go for the allergies and plantable window gardens
    Furkean wrote: »
    Starter home pack could include laundry too if we wanted and kept asking for it. Didnt have to pick eco living theme for just laundry thats nonsense. It was my third pick even tho I wasnt that sad bcs the objects and clothes that we voted for made my mind. Still don't want laundry as a feature if they wont add with ironing together. I will go for the allergies and plantable window gardens

I so agree - it makes no sense to add washers to an Eco Friendly pack as nothing about it is Eco Friendly. But a Starter home pack for Sims just starting out it makes a lot of sense to have laundry to me too. I even thought this too when I first saw the 5 choices and wondered why laundry was in the eco friendly idea.

It was one of those ideas that makes a body bang their heads against a wall and cries - WHYYYYYYYYYY?

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    A separate laundry pack could work. Or maybe they could make that starter home pack or a small spaces pack where you got stackable washers and dryers. Best option though, I think, is patching them in. They did patch in dishwashers, after all, so it isn't that far fetched. Although dishwashers have fewer animations or gameplay involved I guess. I'd just much rather have some of the other ideas that seem to fit the idea of Eco living more. I still wouldn't mind having a laundry option, it's just that next to something like solar panels or pottery wheels, it's not standing out as the desirable choice to me.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    All i have to say is ppl got played. Many people choose this theme thinking laundry was a done deal. To have to vote it in, in hopes of it winning is a bit disingenuous IMHO. I'm not married to laundry so i won't be too disappointed but i know from reading around here in the forums there are players that really wanted this back.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i went laundry back its a must have in the game so laundry must win the vote june 23 so rallying team laundry
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    All i have to say is ppl got played. Many people choose this theme thinking laundry was a done deal. To have to vote it in, in hopes of it winning is a bit disingenuous IMHO. I'm not married to laundry so i won't be too disappointed but i know from reading around here in the forums there are players that really wanted this back.
    We shouldn't have to vote this in in the first place. This was something that should have been in the game right from the start. It should have been in the game because it's part of everyday home life. Just like cooking, and cleaning is.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Yikes @ this thread

To add on, I do not mind laundry included in the Eco pack. I mean if we can have new furniture that have nothing to do with fitness in the prev. pack why not include laundry and ECO stuff and just call it simple household living pack or something.
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    All those people who want laundry, you really are gonna spend $10 for your sims to do laundry? :D:D:D Then afterwards, you're probably just gonna end up dragging the dirty clothes to the washing machine yourself.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Please ask the devs to include washing machine + dryer / clothes line in a Free Patch as I'm not willing to spent $10 for a SP pack that consist laundry alone; if they do this, I reckon there won't be any complaints.

That would be best especially now since we had to vote on it and people assumed it was going to be in the pack anyway.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Omg if it had its own pack it could come with a whackload of cute clothes!!!
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    @DominicLaurence If they're going to throw this thing under the bus for laundry they have to include actual washing machines for me to bother lmao I don't play enough households who would scare to scrub their stuff in a tub. It wouldn't even look good having the butler do it in my gleaming modern mansions.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    care*** I would kill for the ability to edit, please somebody get on this member status thing lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sorry but how is washers and dryers eco friendly they don't save money and the certainty don't help the environment.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Sorry but how is washers and dryers eco friendly they don't save money and the certainty don't help the environment.
    It all depends on how the machines work. If they are built the right way. They could save money, and have less impact on the environment. In fact today's washer and dryers do just just that. They are built in such a way that they save the consumer more money and have less impact on the environment than the old ones did. Except for the earliest washers, which were just a small plunger and a small metal tub.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2017
    It all depends on how the machines work. If they are built the right way. They could save money, and have less impact on the environment. In fact today's washer and dryers do just just that. They are built in such a way that they save the consumer more money and have less impact on the environment than the old ones did. Except for the earliest washers, which were just a small plunger and a small metal tub.
    @sunman502 Ok say they did and you had an eco friendly sim they would still complain about using the dryer because it uses electricity see what I am getting at no matter if they tried to make them eco friendly an eco friendly sim would disagree its eco friendly. Like for example in TS3 if you had an eco friendly sim they never liked to drive around in a car by themselves. They either liked to ride a bike or car pool and the washer might be fine but unless you have clothes lines dryers aren't going to be considered eco friendly to them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    @sunman502 Ok say they did and you had an eco friendly sim they would still complain about using the dryer because it uses electricity see what I am getting at no matter if they tried to make them eco friendly an eco friendly sim would disagree its eco friendly. Like for example in TS3 if you had an eco friendly sim they never liked to drive around in a car by themselves. They either liked to ride a bike or car pool and the washer might be fine but unless you have clothes lines dryers aren't going to be considered eco friendly to them.
    They would because they are program that way. When a sim is programmed to complain, they are programmed to complain in general. And not to one particular object or situation. So yes, they will still complain no matter how Maxis sets up those washers and dryers.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Laundry is eco friendly because of the washtub and clothesline that will be in the pack. washer and dryer is def bonus.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Then we shouldn't get the washer/dryer - it should just be the clothesline/washtub.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.