Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Pack Separate From Eco Pack Please?

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    If I was assured that laundry would come in a different pack then sure I would vote for something else. But I have to be assured by a dev to change my laundry vote. Where as the other suggestions do have a chance of being added to a later pack, that has never been said about a laundry pack.
    Even if laundry could come in another pack though -- I'm not sure if the devs could actually flat out tell us that it would.

They'd have to say something like "just because an idea isn't used in this pack, doesn't mean it's out of the question for a pack in the future necessarily"

You know. PR speak for "I can't say yes. But maybe".

Again, assuming laundry can appear in this pack or a future pack... do you prefer it be separate from this pack? I'd have to agree with some other posters that at this point laundry doesn't seem to hold thematic weight with the pack. I'd be more open to have laundry come out with another more appropriate pack.

I think laundry fits this pack with the clutter objects that made the vote. I think the devs named it wrong when they called it Eco pack. Because what they said would be in it wasn't eco except for the solar panels.
    Oh yeah, laundry does fit right into clutter nicely, when it piles up. In fact, there is a pile of laundry in clutter in the game right now. And it has been there since Sims 4 dropped back in 2014.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I don't think your post was an attack on me. But I do take offense to being called a tantrum throwing toddler.
    This is something that is best left for a PM to Izzabelle. I'm only asking you to please take this discussion there. :)
    I'm with @sunman502 on this. Any further discussions about this between the two of you ( @DragonAge_300905 & @Izzabelle ) Please do so in pm.
    LOL why would any of this need to be PM'd to me? Why is everyone involving me in this line of thought?

I didn't attack anyone or call DragonAge a "tantrum throwing toddler" -- please don't PM me about this, as it has nothing to do with me and I won't respond to it.

Why are @sunman502 and @heatherXkitty making this connection? End this thought process please. Or take your own misinterpretations to PM? None of your responses have to do with the thread or laundry (EDIT: or even me for that matter).

? ? ?
    I'm confused as to what you think is a exaggeration? Describing how I can build in my new game? People asking for spiral stairs and ladders? The devs ignoring requests from builders to add things into the game? The fact that I won't continue to buy the game if I don't see items that I want added to the game?

I did not exaggerate the build features in the new game. I did not exaggerate people asking for spiral stairs and ladders. I did not exaggerate the devs not adding build features to the game. I did not exaggerate the prices I paid for the base game and the packs in my original post. I did not exaggerate my intention to not continue to buy the game if features I want aren't added into the game.
    Forget it -- If you don't get it by now there's no use meticulously explaining it. Easier just to move on.

The link to the laundry pack not being added is on page 2 of this thread by Writing_Reg in reponse to Simanite's question to jimG72.
    Yeah... @Writin_Reg can you by chance provide a source?

Can't trust info unless it's official.
    As to glass blowing or canning being added instead. I think about the cupcake maker which is so huge that I never use it in any of my builds. The devs can't over size a washer and dryer, therefore I'm assured that I'll be able to fit them into my builds.
    INB4 devs add an industrial sized washer lmao

glass blowing and canning don't have to be huge. In fact, a lot of the activities could be limited to a station the general size of an oven.

Do you think given the theme of the pack that laundry just isn't fitting? If you were assured that laundry could still reappear, would you be more open to the idea of laundry being in another pack? Or is there a particular reason for you that laundry has to be in this pack (assuming this isn't laundry's only chance to ever be brought to live)

If I was assured that laundry would come in a different pack then sure I would vote for something else. But I have to be assured by a dev to change my laundry vote. Where as the other suggestions do have a chance of being added to a later pack, that has never been said about a laundry pack.
    Doesn't need to be said because they can not comment on future stuff, unless they get the okay to do so first.

Yeah, so it's like I can't take a chance and change my vote. The devs can't say anything and if I change my vote and laundry doesn't come out because the devs are convinced no one wants it. Then I've lost a laundry pack having really wanted one.
    I don't think your post was an attack on me. But I do take offense to being called a tantrum throwing toddler.
    This is something that is best left for a PM to Izzabelle. I'm only asking you to please take this discussion there. :)
    I'm with @sunman502 on this. Any further discussions about this between the two of you ( @DragonAge_300905 & @Izzabelle ) Please do so in pm.
    LOL why would any of this need to be PM'd to me? Why is everyone involving me in this line of thought?

I didn't attack anyone or call DragonAge a "tantrum throwing toddler" -- please don't PM me about this, as it has nothing to do with me and I won't respond to it.

Why are @sunman502 and @heatherXkitty making this connection? End this thought process please. Or take your own misinterpretations to PM? None of your responses have to do with the thread or laundry (EDIT: or even me for that matter).

? ? ?
    I'm confused as to what you think is a exaggeration? Describing how I can build in my new game? People asking for spiral stairs and ladders? The devs ignoring requests from builders to add things into the game? The fact that I won't continue to buy the game if I don't see items that I want added to the game?

I did not exaggerate the build features in the new game. I did not exaggerate people asking for spiral stairs and ladders. I did not exaggerate the devs not adding build features to the game. I did not exaggerate the prices I paid for the base game and the packs in my original post. I did not exaggerate my intention to not continue to buy the game if features I want aren't added into the game.
    Forget it -- If you don't get it by now there's no use meticulously explaining it. Easier just to move on.

The link to the laundry pack not being added is on page 2 of this thread by Writing_Reg in reponse to Simanite's question to jimG72.

As to glass blowing or canning being added instead. I think about the cupcake maker which is so huge that I never use it in any of my builds. The devs can't over size a washer and dryer, therefore I'm assured that I'll be able to fit them into my builds.

glass blowing and canning don't have to be huge. In fact, a lot of the activities could be limited to a station the general size of an oven.

Do you think given the theme of the pack that laundry just isn't fitting? If you were assured that laundry could still reappear, would you be more open to the idea of laundry being in another pack? Or is there a particular reason for you that laundry has to be in this pack (assuming this isn't laundry's only chance to ever be brought to live)

Doesn't need to be said because they can not comment on future stuff, unless they get the okay to do so first.

Yeah, so it's like I can't take a chance and change my vote. The devs can't say anything and if I change my vote and laundry doesn't come out because the devs are convinced no one wants it. Then I've lost a laundry pack having really wanted one.
    Not necessarily, it's like Graham had said. And he has permission to say this, otherwise he wouldn't have unless he really wants to find another job. Things that don't make it into the finished product may get added later in another Pack or patch. This includes laundry as well. So there's still a chance of laundry being added later in another Pack. If laundry doesn't make the cut this time. ;)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017

? ? ?

It was Sim Guru Graham on Twitter back in August or September of 2016 and is in fact why there is a petition for laundry so Graham could prove enough people were interested in at least us having a sps with laundry in it. You cannot back track that far in twitter like you can here - I tried. But he had said that Laundry was not being planned for an ep or gp, which meant if we could make enough noise he would love, love, love to make us a laundry pack.

Now how that went from a laundry pack to part of the Eco theme is beyond me - but I never once said it would not be in an sps - I said it would not be in any other gp or ep as that is why the campaign started with the petition to start with because they saw the post too.

Don't have any way to further this but check the first page of the petition.

Quite frankly as long as people on twitter and facebook actually vote on the package - it seems to me likely to win as they sure post on both places they want it. I was never not going to get the pack regardless of what was chosen. After my experience with Sims 3 laundry - if it is the same - I just would not add those two items to any of my houses. It's no big deal to me - seeing the ECO pack was not my first choice to start with. LOL. But so far I'm quite happy with the things we have all helped choose (well with exception of that light. But I don't avoid an entire pack if there are just a few things I am not fond of. Not a big issue at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Even if laundry could come in another pack though -- I'm not sure if the devs could actually flat out tell us that it would.

They'd have to say something like "just because an idea isn't used in this pack, doesn't mean it's out of the question for a pack in the future necessarily"

Again, assuming laundry can appear in this pack or a future pack... do you prefer it be separate from this pack? I'd have to agree with some other posters that at this point laundry doesn't seem to hold thematic weight with the pack. I'd be more open to have laundry come out with another more appropriate pack.

I think laundry fits this pack with the clutter objects that made the vote. I think the devs named it wrong when they called it Eco pack. Because what they said would be in it wasn't eco except for the solar panels.
    Oh yeah, laundry does fit right into clutter nicely, when it piles up. In fact, there is a pile of laundry in clutter in the game right now. And it has been there since Sims 4 dropped back in 2014.

Can sims walk over that? I've never used that clutter because it's big and takes up a lot of room. A lot of the clutter in the game is big and doesn't fit on the shelves or counters with other clutter. Like the cereal box, I tried to use that on a shelf, it didn't fit and took up a whole counter space. Like there's only 2 or 3 flower vases that will fit on a table and still allow the sims to eat at the table.
    edited June 2017

Can sims walk over that? I've never used that clutter because it's big and takes up a lot of room. A lot of the clutter in the game is big and doesn't fit on the shelves or counters with other clutter. Like the cereal box, I tried to use that on a shelf, it didn't fit and took up a whole counter space. Like there's only 2 or 3 flower vases that will fit on a table and still allow the sims to eat at the table.

Yes sims treat floor laundry clutter like a rug. It does not phase them at all. But the dirty clothes piles gets stinky - unlike the floor clutter and that makes sims unhappy.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I really don't know because I have always stuffed that little pile of laundry in a corner where sims can't go. I suppose they could since they can run over some of the really short fences in the game.

I really don't know because I have always stuffed that little pile of laundry in a corner where sims can't go. I suppose they could since they can run over some of the really short fences in the game.

Sunman I think she means the floor clutter we have already like what came in the new Parenthood pack. Not the laundry piles clutter coming. The decor clutter never gets stinky at least, like the laundry piles for the washer and dryer do. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Sunman I think she means the floor clutter we have already like what came in the new Parenthood pack. Not the laundry piles clutter coming. The decor clutter never gets stinky at least, like the laundry piles for the washer and dryer do. LOL.
    The pile of laundry that I had mentioned is floor clutter because it's placed on the floor.
    ETA: This pile of laundry has been in the game since the beginning. And not what's coming.
    edited June 2017

The pile of laundry that I had mentioned is floor clutter because it's placed on the floor.
    ETA: This pile of laundry has been in the game since the beginning. And not what's coming.

Yes the same as I said. But if you meant the same thing how do you pile it in a corner then? It is technically a rug in the mesh. I believe we got more in the parenthood pack - but honestly never looked. I sort of ignore the messy look. I saw it in the trailer so mostly just assumed that it was more floor clutter.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2017

? ? ?

It was Sim Guru Graham on Twitter back in August or September of 2016 and is in fact why there is a petition for laundry so Graham could prove enough people were interested in at least us having a sps with laundry in it. You cannot back track that far in twitter like you can here - I tried. But he had said that Laundry was not being planned for an ep or gp, which meant if we could make enough noise he would love, love, love to make us a laundry pack.

You can back track actually, just not the way you think. If you wouldn't mind looking up the tweet, I am curious about it.

Heres how you can find old tweets:
    Type from:username since:yyyy-mm-dd until:yyyy-mm-dd (with the proper info) into the twitter search bar. I had to do this once to find something lol
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200

Yes sims treat floor laundry clutter like a rug. It does not phase them at all. But the dirty clothes piles gets stinky - unlike the floor clutter and that makes sims unhappy.

Ok thanks for letting me know.
    edited June 2017

? ? ?

You can back track actually, just not the way you think. If you wouldn't mind looking up the tweet, I am curious about it.

Type from:username since:yyyy-mm-dd until:yyyy-mm-dd (with the proper info) into the twitter search bar. I had to do this once to find something lol

That doesn't work. But I did find a link in the forums where others saw the tweets too and they put links to them in their post but when I tried the links I get a 404 error which is an error that tells you what you are looking for was remove. Guru's can remove any kind of post they make so I assume that is the problem. But here is the post where this person saw them too and made a post about them.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899035/would-you-like-a-laundry-sp/p1

Also the people who made the laundry petition said it was because of Grahams posts on twitter they made their petition who also put a link on there start page here on the forums that also does not work even typing it in- it just takes you to Graham page today. But just check the Laundry petition page as they saw it too.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899024/352-sigs-raise-your-voice-for-laundry-no-seriously/p1

In dreams - I LIVE!

• heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member

? ? ?

That doesn't work. But I did find a link in the forums where others saw the tweets too and they put links to them in their post but when I tried the links I get a 404 error which is an error that tells you what you are looking for was remove. Guru's can remove any kind of post they make so I assume that is the problem. But here is the post where this person saw them too and made a post about them.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899035/would-you-like-a-laundry-sp/p1

Also the people who made the laundry petition said it was because of Grahams posts on twitter they made their petition who also put a link on there start page here on the forums that also does not work even typing it in- it just takes you to Graham page today. But just check the Laundry petition page as they saw it too.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899024/352-sigs-raise-your-voice-for-laundry-no-seriously/p1

It does work, you must have entered the info wrong. Based on the date in the first link you posted I searched this: from:simgurugraham since:2016-09-01 until:2016-09-30 and found the tweet in question.

http://imgur.com/a/6PsNm
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    After seeing all the possible gameplay idea for Eco Living I think picking laundry over some of the other ideas is a waste of a vote. So yes I would like to see laundry in it's own pack.

That said making a Laundry room pack would be very limited on the type of objects that could be added. Laundry rooms aren't complex they are just counters, sinks, cabinets, shelves, and clutter. I think it would be better if the pack as more of just home stuff. So it could add a little but to each room. A new shower, toilet, sink, counter, table, shelves, maybe beds as well. The CAS could be more relaxed and casual and add to sleep wear. Laundry would make sense in a pack just about adding to home. Also instead of just laundry being for clothing maybe they could patch in messy beds again and if you have the SP you could take the sheets off to clean them. I miss messy beds having to make them. I want more mess in ts4.
    edited June 2017

? ? ?

It does work, you must have entered the info wrong. Based on the date in the first link you posted I searched this: from:simgurugraham since:2016-09-01 until:2016-09-30 and found the tweet in question.

http://imgur.com/a/6PsNm

That is not the one I was looking for - I was looking for Grahams original post on " his:" twitter page which I was told was the 6th of September. That I found as that was a reply to Cindirelli and another simmer, not the whole statement that he made. The one you brought up was the only one I kept finding no matter how I searched. Believe me I know how to search.

Read that first thread - lots of people even mention they saw the tweets too. Those are the tweets that I talked about not a reply 3 days later.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    After seeing all the possible gameplay idea for Eco Living I think picking laundry over some of the other ideas is a waste of a vote. So yes I would like to see laundry in it's own pack.

That said making a Laundry room pack would be very limited on the type of objects that could be added. Laundry rooms aren't complex they are just counters, sinks, cabinets, shelves, and clutter. I think it would be better if the pack as more of just home stuff. So it could add a little but to each room. A new shower, toilet, sink, counter, table, shelves, maybe beds as well. The CAS could be more relaxed and casual and add to sleep wear. Laundry would make sense in a pack just about adding to home. Also instead of just laundry being for clothing maybe they could patch in messy beds again and if you have the SP you could take the sheets off to clean them. I miss messy beds having to make them. I want more mess in ts4.

That would be awesome. We desperately need new sofas as well, as we've got quite a few nice beds lately.
    edited June 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »

That would be awesome. We desperately need new sofas as well, as we've got quite a few nice beds lately.

When we were talking about laundry in the Sims 3 store about making some more packs for the washer/dryer we got in Ambitions some one had a good idea of making 3 sets - called the Past, Now, and the Future of laundry. Granted we did get a 3 pack set from the store but it was not that idea. I still think it might look good from a builders prospect if they did a separate pack like that and show early wash/dry methods and what could be Future Laundry rooms as it could work out nicely for people who like to play Sims from those kind of prospectives. I know some builders that would love that as many ask for past and future looks in furniture and appliances for their builds.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Yes the same as I said. But if you meant the same thing how do you pile it in a corner then? It is technically a rug in the mesh. I believe we got more in the parenthood pack - but honestly never looked. I sort of ignore the messy look. I saw it in the trailer so mostly just assumed that it was more floor clutter.
    I just buy the pile from build/buy mode, and place it a corner. The pile of laundry that I'm talking about comes prepiled. So all you have to do is stuff it in a corner. The pile of laundry can also be found in misc under bathroom in objects by room. That perhaps is the easiest way to find this pile of laundry, just in case anyone is interested in placing it in their game. I'm currently building a new house, and I had just placed that pile of laundry in the new house. And this time I had placed it right in the middle of the bathroom floor, just to see if sims will walk over it as it were a rug.
    Oh, okay. That makes sense. I don't believe I have seen the actual pile - all I have seen is the scattered dirty clothes. I'll look for them later when I go into game after dinner.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Oh, okay. That makes sense. I don't believe I have seen the actual pile - all I have seen is the scattered dirty clothes. I'll look for them later when I go into game after dinner.
    It's pretty easy to spot. Just go to objects by room in buy mode, and click on bathrooms. And click on the towel rack/accents. And the pile of laundry that I'm talking about will be right there just before the ceramic soap dispenser. The pile of laundry is called Pile Of Laundry. You can't miss it once you are there. And it is a base game object. :)
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    As much as I like the OP's point of view on this. I'll have to agree with some others about not putting laundry in it's own Stuff Pack on the basis that there wouldn't be enough to flesh out an entire Stuff Pack for just laundry alone.

It is true that laundry isn't complex enough to warrant it's own stuff pack. Perhaps they could do something similar to what they did in TS3. In TS3 Town Life Stuff it introduced not only laundry, but also game us different variations of playground type items like slides, swings, Outdoor playsets (jungle gym) and more town like things. That pack was one of my favorites.

Yet your OPost is asking just that. That THIS be a "eco" pack and for the devs to make a separate "laundry" pack. So seems like you don't believe laundry should be in the game at all, you're just trying to get your voice heard cause you know what doesn't make it in this pack likely won't be in any future packs.

I voted for eco because of laundry. And I don't care what they line up next to it in the vote, I'm voting laundry. Canning, jarring, bee keeping, none of that interests me anyways. So you vote your way, I'll vote mine. And if laundry doesn't make the pack, well, tough luck for me. And if it does, tough luck for you.

Everyone is so stuck on the "eco" name but we haven't even got to the naming part of voting. "Eco" is just a generalized name this pack was giving. But clothes and objects (that we have voted on thus far) are not overly eco anyways. So I'll just vote laundry and hope we get a "get suds" name option for the naming vote. You guys are too focused on a name.
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    As much as I like the OP's point of view on this. I'll have to agree with some others about not putting laundry in it's own Stuff Pack on the basis that there wouldn't be enough to flesh out an entire Stuff Pack for just laundry alone.

It is true that laundry isn't complex enough to warrant it's own stuff pack. Perhaps they could do something similar to what they did in TS3. In TS3 Town Life Stuff it introduced not only laundry, but also game us different variations of playground type items like slides, swings, Outdoor playsets (jungle gym) and more town like things. That pack was one of my favorites.

Yet your OPost is asking just that. That THIS be a "eco" pack and for the devs to make a separate "laundry" pack. So seems like you don't believe laundry should be in the game at all, you're just trying to get your voice heard cause you know what doesn't make it in this pack likely won't be in any future packs.

I voted for eco because of laundry. And I don't care what they line up next to it in the vote, I'm voting laundry. Canning, jarring, bee keeping, none of that interests me anyways. So you vote your way, I'll vote mine. And if laundry doesn't make the pack, well, tough luck for me. And if it does, tough luck for you.

Everyone is so stuck on the "eco" name but we haven't even got to the naming part of voting. "Eco" is just a generalized name this pack was giving. But clothes and objects (that we have voted on thus far) are not overly eco anyways. So I'll just vote laundry and hope we get a "get suds" name option for the naming vote. You guys are too focused on a name.

Actually the clothing and item offered so far are 100 percent eco.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    @Writin_Reg

Sorry -- took me a while to get back to this thread.

Looks to me, between the Twitter talk, petition, and address to the "losing votes" -- that laundry was never intended to make it into the game or any pack. But since the petition, it is now a feature recognized by the team. This doesn't tell me that laundry's only chance is this pack or nothing. If laundry doesn't win -- it still seems to me that *now* it'd be saved for a future pack. Where as before the petition, this pack would have been laundry's only shot.
    DivieOwl wrote: »

As I pointed out earlier in the thread, as have others; The name of the pack isn't "Eco-Living". But it is the theme of the pack. And so far, it contains a lot of eco-friendly styles and objects.

You can check that out here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915787/eco-living-is-the-winning-theme/p1

Also (for anyone interested) that thread additionally contains the link to what seems to be the most recent policy regarding ideas that don't make it past voting. Which is, put simply: they may be used elsewhere.

People are being a little stubborn about what to believe in this instance though since laundry isn't specifically spelled out -- perhaps @SimGuruGraham needed to clarify that this same policy would be extended to laundry.

Considering the devs now listened to the community and recognize that laundry would appeal to enough people; it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume or even request that laundry be included in another (possibly more fitting) pack as the OP suggests. I think a lot of the hostility seen from laundry voters is because too many people are holding on to this "all or nothing" approach to it... and that just doesn't seem like the actual case. Laundry could easily be slotted into a more domestic pack with an emphasis on household care and maintenance, which makes more sense than trying to cram it into an eco-themed pack.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • batmansrobinbatmansrobin Posts: 146 Member
    I don't think laundry would get its own pack, nor do I believe it should have its own pack. However I do believe that if it isn't included in eco living it'll be included somewhere else, probably.
    tumblr_n801qpC3jx1qknma4o5_500.png