Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

graphics

Hi I'm Using a Mac this is my details
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

I want a better graphics card and been looking at desktops this is what I have seen
- Intel® Core™ i5-6400T Processor
- Quad-core
- 2.2 GHz / 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost)
- 6 MB cache
RAM 8 GB DDR4 (16 GB maximum installable RAM)
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 940M
windows 10

I obv don't want to spend a lot of money on something that is no greater than my Mac
Could some one help me so I can play Sims 4 faster and in better graphics

Comments

• WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    To be fair, that desktop is already much better than the mac since laptops(especially macs) arent suited for heavy gaming such as sims 4.

Whats your budget and where do you live? @chesterbigbird might find someone better than that one
  • Danielwilks2010Danielwilks2010 Posts: 131 Member
    To be fair, that desktop is already much better than the mac since laptops(especially macs) arent suited for heavy gaming such as sims 4.

Whats your budget and where do you live? @chesterbigbird might find someone better than that one

thank you for your help, my budget is £1000 pounds and i live in london
    Do you play anything other than sims 4?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2017

I want a better graphics card and been looking at desktops this is what I have seen
    - Quad-core
    - 6 MB cache
    windows 10

I obv don't want to spend a lot of money on something that is no greater than my Mac

The specs you are showing are laptop specs and the game will not run well on the specs your posting. We have had several people with issues running those laptop specs. Im guessing your looking at an all-in-one computer? All -in-ones come with laptop specs only they are weaker and worse than laptops. They are not meant for gaming 3d games and will have heating issues

Desktop will run about $800 and up USD depending on sales. Prices vary in other countries.
    She/He got around 1100 dollars to work with
    edited June 2017

Yes I see their UK budget. The specs they are posting are either for laptop or all-in-one desktop. All in one desktop is not for gaming. I need to make sure they want a Tower desktop or laptop. Some people don't have room for a full tower.
  • Danielwilks2010Danielwilks2010 Posts: 131 Member

- Quad-core
    - 6 MB cache
    windows 10

The specs you are showing are laptop specs and the game will not run well on the specs your posting. We have had several people with issues running those laptop specs. Im guessing your looking at an all-in-one computer? All -in-ones come with laptop specs only they are weaker and worse than laptops. They are not meant for gaming 3d games and will have heating issues

Desktop will run about $800 and up USD depending on sales. Prices vary in other countries.

- Quad-core
    - 6 MB cache
    windows 10

Yes it's an all in one computer
    Thank for your help so this is no good? I also play a lot of city skylines too
    You need a desktop specifically for gaming, all in one will not be as good. Sims and CS are heavy games(especially on the cpu). So a good cpu, good cooling system and a 500w power supply at lleast, all in one will underperform quickly.

- Quad-core
    - 6 MB cache
    windows 10

- Quad-core
    - 6 MB cache
    windows 10

Yes it's an all in one computer
    Thank for your help so this is no good? I also play a lot of city skylines too

Your very welcome. All in ones are not meant for gaming at all stay away from them. You will need a somewhat powerful desktop tower or a much higher end laptop. Especially for city skylines . @chesterbigbird plays city skylines and can help you with a computer that will run that game. Any computer that can run city skylines will handle the siims games no problem
  • smokinhot214smokinhot214 Posts: 12 New Member
    but why?
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    But why what? If you're asking about all in one computers, they are great for school work or working on the go. They were never meant to be gaming computers.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.