Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack clothing vote results!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Knowing this stuff pack will cost $20, why not just give us all of what you had us voting on! There is never enough good clothes in stuff packs or even EPs, same with hairstyles! Make the stuff packs worth $20 for once! I don't use CC in my game, because it always messes it up too much, so all I have is whatever I can get from the Stuff Packs and EP's or Game Packs! If it wasn't for the fact that I am able to have my female Sims wear the male clothes, there would be even less for them! But that doesn't work for my men all the time, since I don't always want my male sims wearing womens clothes! And the children's choices are shameful, it's like you make no effort at all to give them anything special to wear! And of course the poor toddlers are even worse off, since you left them out completely in this stuff pack! We need more clothes and hairstyles for both the children as well as the toddlers!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • UntaintedUntainted Posts: 3 New Member
    Wanted to know if at some point our sims could have the option to choose their outfits randomly
    lets say a sim changes after a shower or to goes off to school when on random the sim chooses what they wear completely random could be anything. I think having a random option if possible could make every sim day different for that sim being they are changing their outfits on their own. I know as a player I would relate with the sim with either a "Oh heck no." we need to change you before you leave or that's actually a cute choice and leave them in what they have chosen.
    By having this option simmers can choose to have that random changing on or off would be great.
    Just a thought but felt it could be possible one day.
    what do other simmers think about this?
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    @pookysimslover stuff packs are $10 not $20. Also they can't just give us everything because making these assets takes time and resources and believe it or not EA is a business and needs to make a profit.

@Untainted personally I wouldn't want my sims randomly changing their outfits in game since most randomly generated outfits are hideous (just look at all those overly accessorized townies). I choose my sims outfits based on their own sense of style and personality and I don't want the game messing that up. Plus I feel that having 5 slots per outfit category is enough of a change up that I don't get bored looking at the same outfit all the time.
  • dyokabbdyokabb Posts: 3 New Member
    Men, children and toddlers are still the great forgotten. :'(
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Pretty disappointed in the women's tops except the first one.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Great mix, and Yay for the unexpected incorporations!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    jotajeje wrote: »
    I voted for just a few of these itens, what I wanted most (pictures below) didn't come through. :(
    34764798830_541785615e_m.jpg
    35111238106_f110b8f5d1_m.jpg
    I'm wondering if any of those itens that didn't win could come in another pack... I'd pay $10 for the pants by itself, as I have the same and It's clearly inspired in some pictures I posted. @SimGuruGraham Can we have hope?

That top was also one of my favorites​. Would have loved at least one long sleeved top for the ladies. Everything is sleeveless, off the shoulder.
  • mikishugo246mikishugo246 Posts: 48 Member
    poor little boys, just a top.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited June 2017
    I voted for just a few of these itens, what I wanted most (pictures below) didn't come through. :(
    I'm wondering if any of those itens that didn't win could come in another pack... I'd pay $10 for the pants by itself, as I have the same and It's clearly inspired in some pictures I posted. @SimGuruGraham Can we have hope?

That top was also one of my favorites​. Would have loved at least one long sleeved top for the ladies. Everything is sleeveless, off the shoulder.

That's a good point. I would have liked a long sleeved top for my female sims too. Out of the winners I voted for the blue flowery top, female jeans, shoes, white male shirt and male jeans. That's 5/14. The clothes look like something I can use even if some of my favourites are missing, like those male trousers where one leg was higher than the other (oh boy that was original). But it's great to see that female clothing from the earlier voting back :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    From my understanding - these pictures are just the concept art and not the actual made items - so it is not as if these items are made and just not going to be in the pack - and can just sit around waiting to go into another pack. That is not the way it works. From what I have seen tons of things make it to concept art stage - but is never sent to whomever actually make these things from the concept art - and why we often never see stuff from concept art ever in the actual game. So chances of us ever getting the concept art not voted for is pretty slim unless they get another pack that needs that certain kind of style.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Knowing this stuff pack will cost $20, why not just give us all of what you had us voting on! There is never enough good clothes in stuff packs or even EPs, same with hairstyles! Make the stuff packs worth $20 for once! I don't use CC in my game, because it always messes it up too much, so all I have is whatever I can get from the Stuff Packs and EP's or Game Packs! If it wasn't for the fact that I am able to have my female Sims wear the male clothes, there would be even less for them! But that doesn't work for my men all the time, since I don't always want my male sims wearing womens clothes! And the children's choices are shameful, it's like you make no effort at all to give them anything special to wear! And of course the poor toddlers are even worse off, since you left them out completely in this stuff pack! We need more clothes and hairstyles for both the children as well as the toddlers!

This is a stuff pack - not a GP. GPs are 20 dollar dollars. Graham is in charge of Stuff packs. In Sims 4, Stuff packs are 10 dollars (9.99 to be exact), not 20 dollars. Those things are just pictures. The item are not actually made until they were voted for. The items not picked, are NOT made to be put into another pack. They simply did not make the vote, so they aren't made. There is also the fact the Guru's are limited to the number of items they can put in a particular kind of pack - so they cannot give us more than what they are allowed to give us - even if they wanted to.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I'm surprised that after the decision was made to include the dress, stockings and boots from the original art style vote that one of the other chosen female tops wasn't removed and a male piece of clothing added in. As it stands now, women have 10 individual assets and men have 5. Children got one piece of clothing apiece.

If there were tweaks made to to ensure variety and diversification across the vote, why do adult women get the most items? Why not provide something like 6 for women, 6 for men, 2 for girls, 2 for boys and a unisex pair of children's shoes?

I like some of the selection but it's a bit disappointing that additional assets are being added and they're being added to the category that always seems to get the most in the game.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member

I voted for these two as well but as I have some of my favourites included I'm not too disappointed. Maybe they can be added in a later pack.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I'm surprised that after the decision was made to include the dress, stockings and boots from the original art style vote that one of the other chosen female tops wasn't removed and a male piece of clothing added in. As it stands now, women have 10 individual assets and men have 5. Children got one piece of clothing apiece.

If there were tweaks made to to ensure variety and diversification across the vote, why do adult women get the most items? Why not provide something like 6 for women, 6 for men, 2 for girls, 2 for boys and a unisex pair of children's shoes?

I like some of the selection but it's a bit disappointing that additional assets are being added and they're being added to the category that always seems to get the most in the game.

preach
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Ooh, the clothes are cute, though I didn't choose a lot of them, but oh well. The only thing I didn't vote for that I'm not really into are the sandal heel thingomobies for the women and the jeans for the women. Not saying anybody else can't like them though, if you like it then that's all good - I'm not implying those options are ew or anything, just not my style. c;
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yay! I was pretty disappointed with the object results, with a few exceptions, but I'm really happy with the clothing choices! A lot of my picks are in there
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I got lucky with all the objects but less so with clothing. Oh well, that is how it goes :smile:

Voted for all the nice "not-full-length-pants". Use all the 3/4 length items all the time. At least the guys got one and it will hopefully look good on the women as well.
  • aquabluefoxaquabluefox Posts: 74 Member
    Untainted wrote: »
    Wanted to know if at some point our sims could have the option to choose their outfits randomly
    lets say a sim changes after a shower or to goes off to school when on random the sim chooses what they wear completely random could be anything. I think having a random option if possible could make every sim day different for that sim being they are changing their outfits on their own. I know as a player I would relate with the sim with either a "Oh heck no." we need to change you before you leave or that's actually a cute choice and leave them in what they have chosen.
    By having this option simmers can choose to have that random changing on or off would be great.
    Just a thought but felt it could be possible one day.
    what do other simmers think about this?

If you have Get Together, you could use the closet to do this. Tell a sim to try on outfits and they will come out in different random outfits. Once you see one that you like, you can click on them and tell them to keep it.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    From my understanding - these pictures are just the concept art and not the actual made items - so it is not as if these items are made and just not going to be in the pack - and can just sit around waiting to go into another pack. That is not the way it works. From what I have seen tons of things make it to concept art stage - but is never sent to whomever actually make these things from the concept art - and why we often never see stuff from concept art ever in the actual game. So chances of us ever getting the concept art not voted for is pretty slim unless they get another pack that needs that certain kind of style.

Graham has said that they do keep concept art and ideas, and it's a possibility that some things might be used later down the line. :smile:
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

While I agree it would be nice to see more clothing options for men, somehow I wasn't surprised on a level there were much more being offered for women. For better or worse, it's often been the case where the adult (or young adult mixed with adult, depending upon which Sims series we're talking about) often have had more options for clothing and other assets in comparison to any other age group.

Just as I have to wonder if most of what voters gravitated toward may have been just the different styles of clothing options and assets being offered for women? I can't speak for Sims 4 content creation (as I'm neither involved with it, admittedly don't download/play with it nor really follow it for TS4), but I know with many of the past games (at least, going back to TS1 days), it had often been the case with fan-made clothing where there was often more options available for adult/young adult female sims than there often was male--just as the number of downloads by players also often reflected this as clothing (or other assets) catering toward that group historically often garnered far more downloads than their male sim counterparts typically had. If the votes may have reflected that, I'm wondering if that may explain why we see so many options for women?

Personally, I wouldn't have minded seeing perhaps more shoe options offered up in the upcoming pack as well. I understand that they felt they had to limit how many of the different types of assets--either for time's sake or other reasons--and they did mention including having to redistribute options for the sake of equality (in the sense of maybe providing a better sense of balance or so some groups wouldn't be entirely left out?), but I think of all the categories, this one was not only the hardest to narrow down for us as fans/voters, but also perhaps for those attached to the pack. Although, I'm now wondering if every pack has this same limit and maybe we just didn't notice it before now?
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Not bad, not great either...
    I'm disappointed to see the majority of clothing is geared toward adult female sims yet again. When are males, kids, and toddlers are going to be shown a little bit more attention? :(
  • enzopenguinenzopenguin Posts: 21 New Member
    @kokoro80 @Writin_Reg Stuff Packs are worth different amounts depending on where you are in the world. I don't know where @pookysimslover is from but here in australia each SP is $15.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 2017
    I just can't believe that not one of those beautiful, embroidered, long sleeved tops did not make the cut. All of the women's tops that did make it, are skimpy, for lack of a better word.

Well at least we only have to deal with one pair of cropped pants. Well not really cropped, pulled up. I won't ever use those myself, it triggers me. I want to pull them down. :#

But hey, congrats to all those who are happy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top