Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mods not working anymore?

the only mod i wanted in the sim 3 is the fast skill it is updated mod same thing has the game but when i put in it it is not working

Comments

• zosiezosie Posts: 14 New Member
    what patch is your game and what patch is the mod? also can you write me the steps you went through in order to install the mod?
  • starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    edited November 2017
    zosie wrote: »
    what patch is your game and what patch is the mod? also can you write me the steps you went through in order to install the mod?
    1.67 updated that's the last update that I remember before sim 3 was over
    I think
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I can get that by adjusting skill gain factors in NRaas Relativity to a higher number to make them gain faster.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • PortugueseSimmerPortugueseSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I have the same problem. When i downloaded NRaas's master controller with cheats, my household had 0 simoleons, i could not click anything and it didn't show my sim's face, if anyone could fix this that would be so great, thank you. :)
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited March 2018
    Did you install the base version of MasterController as well? You need to have it to run any add-on version. And did you check to make sure the versions of the mods you downloaded matched the patch level of your game, i.e. patch 1.67 or 1.69? After you installed MC Cheats, did you clear the five cache files? They would be in your Documents or My Documents folder, Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\. The files are:

CASPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package
    socialCache.package (deleting this one is optional, but it can't hurt)

The third one is the only one that's strictly necessary to delete when you install a mod, but they all should be cleared regularly.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Hello, I have the same problem. When i downloaded NRaas's master controller with cheats, my household had 0 simoleons, i could not click anything and it didn't show my sim's face, if anyone could fix this that would be so great, thank you. :)

If you haven't done so already best to make a free account and apply for membership at Nraas and ask for help there so they can assist you better.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • PortugueseSimmerPortugueseSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @puzzlezaddict said:
    > Did you install the base version of MasterController as well? You need to have it to run any add-on version. And did you check to make sure the versions of the mods you downloaded matched the patch level of your game, i.e. patch 1.67 or 1.69? After you installed MC Cheats, did you clear the five cache files? They would be in your Documents or My Documents folder, Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\. The files are:
    >
    > CASPartCache.package
    > compositorCache.package
    > scriptCache.package
    > simCompositorCache.package
    > socialCache.package (deleting this one is optional, but it can't hurt)
    >
    > The third one is the only one that's strictly necessary to delete when you install a mod, but they all should be cleared regularly.

Thank you so much. And i liked yours too, @ScottDemon .