March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer Maxis Match CC clothing or Alpha CC?

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
I find myself enjoying more maxis match related clothing than anything, especially with the increase of CC that fits the game.

Since it fits in with the style of the game or even some semi-maxis match as it doesn't break away from my immersion. Some items that aren't maxis match usually look good when I see the preview picture of it, but once I got it into the game everything just looks pasted on the majority of the time. PAINTED on at that just tight skinnies with a jean texture copied and pasted. Can't see myself using it less I re-do ALL the sims in the game as it really stands out.

Same with skin tones thought I'd try out some of those realistic skintones, but it always ended up looking like my sim needed lotion for their dry skin or have really oily skin. R.I.P. :scream:

I know many players have a certain style they like to keep with their game.
5vJrxmT.png

Comments

• WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    I prefer Maxis Match CC mainly because I like the style and it fits in with the game.
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Maxis Match, definitely. I used to use both, but over time the alpha content started to really look cheesy to me. Alpha seems to have the main purpose of turning sims into supermodels, and that's just boring to me. I feel like they lose their personalities that way and become too cookie-cutter.

So now I specifically seek out Maxis Match, but there are still a few pieces that I use that are a bit in-between, but those pieces are very unique and unlikely to be replicated in MM. I don't mind being a little bit flexible if it doesn't stand out too much in my game. Having strange and unusual pieces like gothic, punk, anime, theatrical, supernatural, historic, etc. are more important for me personally. I wish there were more alternative MM creators because a lot of the clothing ends up being very much replicated.
    #Team Occult
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Maxis Match, definitely. I used to use both, but over time the alpha content started to really look cheesy to me. Alpha seems to have the main purpose of turning sims into supermodels, and that's just boring to me. I feel like they lose their personalities that way and become too cookie-cutter.

So now I specifically seek out Maxis Match, but there are still a few pieces that I use that are a bit in-between, but those pieces are very unique and unlikely to be replicated in MM. I don't mind being a little bit flexible if it doesn't stand out too much in my game. Having strange and unusual pieces like gothic, punk, anime, theatrical, supernatural, historic, etc. are more important for me personally. I wish there were more alternative MM creators because a lot of the clothing ends up being very much replicated.

Yeah, I don't get the whole SUPER MODEL looking Sims that look like that belong on the runway or on the front of Vogue. Try to keep my sims simple yet unique in terms of gameplay and story, since a lot of those model looking sims always feel more or less the same with pouty, big lips and big eyelashes.

Yeah, certain things can't quite be replicated for Maxis Match, but I have a few little things in game that I enjoy having on my sim. Usually I like downloading all sorts of make-up.

I've found some really good CC creators lately who do nothing but Maxis match and finding some pretty unique clothing too.I like seeing pieces of CC and the work that goes into it that can cater to one or more themes. Can use more victorian inspired CC since the Vampire pack with the new location :hushed:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited June 2017
    I like pretty sims , but I don't like look you described.I prefer softer features. Im probably going to get a few pieces of cc , to fill in gaps, but not go crazy with it like I did last time. Because I download a least 100 pieces of cc and worked at it for days.
  • anjenniferanjennifer Posts: 4 New Member
    I liked alpha cc before, but now I'm all for maxis match. They look so much better in gameplay and fit perfectly.
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I agree with @anjennifer when I discovered CC I went ham on Alpha CC with the hairs and everything but as my play style grew and was horrified by some of the townie clothing choices, I slowly transitioned to Maxis Match everything and I have never looked back since. (Shoutout to all the maxis match creators for still creating and making my townies look 10000% better)
    FFCOojX.gif
    I like pretty sims , but I don't like look you described.I prefer softer features. Im probably going to get a few pieces of cc , to fill in gaps, but not go crazy with it like I did last time. Because I download a least 100 pieces of cc and worked at it for days.

Same. I try to keep things at a minimum if I see myself using them constantly.

Though with all the MM CC I'm probably around 200 pieces of CC by now, but nowadays that's VERY little compared to people over thousands worth of pieces and I'm keeping myself from that range. XD Though I will hoard CC in case I want to put it in the game or in the event I can't find it anymore is safely tucked in a extra folder on my desktop.
    5vJrxmT.png
    I agree with @anjennifer when I discovered CC I went ham on Alpha CC with the hairs and everything but as my play style grew and was horrified by some of the townie clothing choices, I slowly transitioned to Maxis Match everything and I have never looked back since. (Shoutout to all the maxis match creators for still creating and making my townies look 10000% better)

Yeah, I get townies that look absolutely HORRENDOUS with alpha CC and I never wanted to go and change the randomization on the CC because I'd want to do it on all of them, so I just removed it. For whatever reason there were like 20+ townies that would be wearing the same hairstyle all the time along with certain other CC. Least the Maxis match is more bearable when randomized, but ha they are townies. XD
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    @LadyKyn AND I had those HORRIBLE blond streaks in my alpha hair and it looked so gross I just gave up on Alpha CC altogether, and yeah my townies are pretty tamed compared to some of the other ones I've seen on the forums but geez no wonder my sims were single for so long, everyone around her looked horrifying
    FFCOojX.gif
  • anjenniferanjennifer Posts: 4 New Member
    > @CitySimmer16 said:
    > I agree with @anjennifer when I discovered CC I went ham on Alpha CC with the hairs and everything but as my play style grew and was horrified by some of the townie clothing choices, I slowly transitioned to Maxis Match everything and I have never looked back since. (Shoutout to all the maxis match creators for still creating and making my townies look 10000% better)

exactly! alpha cc is just ugly to me now, haha.
  • krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    I prefer Alpha, but will use MM
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I stick to MM. I tried an Alpha hair in the beginning - it was a conversion of one I had loved in Sims 3, but it really stuck out like a sore thumb in my game, so I removed it. Now I make a point of ensuring that all my CC fits in with the overall aesthetic of the game.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Both! I really like the style of maxis match and I really like the style of alpha. I used to be like eeeeeeeeh about maxis match and only let my townies wear it so that they wouldn't go around in crazy cc, *but* now I've played with it more bc of being too lazy to download more custom content, I like it a lot. I like alpha, too, when I can be bothered to use it.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • frog211frog211 Posts: 110 Member
    yeah i prefer maxis match over alpha cc, which may have worked better with the sims 3, but maxis match fits better with the sims 4's style.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Alpha content always looked better in sims 2 & 3.

In sims 4 I like the look of the MM stuff because it doesn't look like my sim jumped into another game. the only time I'm going to use alpha is when I want to do a photo shoot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    I like a mix of both.

I just hate some alpha stuff because it looks too fake and doesn't mesh well with the sims. I hate that sometimes creators will photoshop a picture to make the CC look good. Then I'll download it and it doesn't look right at all! (clunky shoes are the worst!)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • OakOak Posts: 363 Member
    I prefer Alpha cc.
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    I like a mix of both.

I just hate some alpha stuff because it looks too fake and doesn't mesh well with the sims. I hate that sometimes creators will photoshop a picture to make the CC look good. Then I'll download it and it doesn't look right at all! (clunky shoes are the worst!)

This entirely.

There was some alpha looking clothing I saw and was just 'Oh man that looks great gotta download that' come to see it looked NOTHING like it was presented in-game at all. If not WORSE. Pretty up photoshop pictures heavily and not showing any sort of in-game pictures to not knwo what they get and I feel people who don't show them it looks far worse in-game.

Too much of it is just pasted on. Like taking a real pair of pants from a real photo and slapping it on some tights I'm just ????
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm a big Maxis Match girl. I've never been a fan of Alpha CC and in fact I just learned that's what it's called through this thread. Hmm. lol
    I especially am not a fan when I see it on toddlers. That's just me though, if you love that's great. It's your game. :)
  • KenmaeKenmae Posts: 20 New Member
    I'm really really fond of Maxis-Match cc over Alpha but ocassionally I'll find something (usually a clutter build-buy object or occasionally a slightly less realistic alpha eyebrow) that isn't necessarily MM but doesn't quite look out of place in the general Maxis-Match artstyle, so I'll still keep it! But I definitely prefer MM, especially by some notable MM creators that make very cute and colourful custom content!
  • MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    Alpha CC is more my thing. I mostly just download hair and make-up cause I don't like the ones in the game. The clothes on the other hand are nice and usually fit the CC hair I have.
    cha cha cha
  • MusicluverbreeMusicluverbree Posts: 7 New Member
    I much prefer alpha CC but ONLY when it's done well!! A lot of people just abuse it, and make their sims look like kylie jenner wannabe's with cheap looking makeup, hair and clothes lol. I've been so picky with this game because I can't stand maxis match (the plastic looking hair just kills me), and a lot of alpha cc looks like 🐸🐸🐸🐸. When I make my sims, I give them alpha cc, but I don't exaggerate their features or pack on a bunch of makeup. I like to keep it natural and simplistic lol.
  • StarSarahSStarSarahS Posts: 9 New Member
    I am totally on the same page as Musicluvervree. I really do prefer alpha CC and more realistic looking sims. Especially because the story I'm telling is based on a gameshow and i want it to be realistic. MAXI hair and clothing kills me - looks too cartoonish! But as you all say, around 60% of alpha CC looks really bad in game so its trying out all of it and finding the best.
  • CxpmemeCxpmeme Posts: 76 Member
    Alpha for sure. I hate Maxis-match, i think it looks boring but hey, that is just my opinion
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top