Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5

DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
edited September 2018 in Off Topic Chat
The Sims 5
This. Changes. Everything!

Here are some of my Ideas for The Sims 5, firstly is my suggestions for Buildmode, then I will add Create a Sim, Buy Mode, General Gameplay/careers etc. and extras like weather, animals etc. it is also possible I will give ideas for packs.

Build Mode

1. Terrain tools such as Lakes, level terrain, create unlevel terrain etc.
2. When building walls you can make diagonal, straight, circular, octagonal walls etc. There should also be special wall coverings that give special effects.
3. Air conditioning/Heating
4. Build up to 6 floors up and 2 floors down.
5. Build Garages.
6. Build Decks and Foundations.
7. Choose from large varieties of Fences and gates.
8. Build Pools with varying levels of deepness and sizes and colours.
9. Ceiling Fans.
10. Solar panels.
More to come!

Create a Sim

1. Create Sims with pushing and pulling at their bodies
2. Choose from over 50 tops for all gender and over 30 pants for all genders including 5+ Jeans.
3. Choose 5 major and 7 minor Traits out of more than 100, Traits have depth.
4. Choose Turn ons and Turn Offs
5. Star signs
6. SimDNA is a part of every sim, every sim will have a natural hair colour/eye colour etc. determined by there parents or by the player/random.
7. Nationalities, Sims can be from fictional "worlds". This will be opened up further with special interactions and objects in packs.
More to come!

Gameplay

1. Emotions are deep and meaningful, there are at least 30 Emotions and Sub-Emotions.
2. Sims will sometimes conflict with those of different traits, this will be minor though.
3. Sims have different interests, there are more than 20, these interests can shape conversations.
4. Sims have Turn ons and Offs and get along naturally better with those who fit their turn ons.
5. Sims can learn over 20 skills, Skill levels reach up to 10 as in other games, however, Sims continue to improve in certain aspects of their lives, for example, Cooking, a Sim is sometimes learning new recipe's, and as packs come with new recipes will need to learn them, they may need to learn a new technique.
6. Sims can enjoy more than 75 recipes with more added through patches and packs, they range in difficulty.
7. Sims as a result of their DNA which is Hereditary can get sick etc.
8. Open Neighbourhood, most buildings should not be rabbit holes, you could follow your sims into it.

More to come!

Places to Go
1. Open Businesses.
2. Go to the Supermarket or open your own.
3. Go to a department store or open your own
4. Bookstore
5. Cinema.
6. Clothes Store
7. Electricals store.
8. Restaurants (More functionality in a DLC.)

Hugely customise your businesses, have Sales, put signs up etc.)

More to come.

Life Stages

Sims go from Newborns to Toddlers much like The Sims 4's as in around 3-5, to Children that are around 7-9 to older children that are around 10-12 then Teens who are around 14-17 then go into Young Adult which is 18-30 with small changes and Adult which is around 30-55 Years old, to Senior which is 55-74 years old then Elder which is 75-100+ years old. Older Sims and Younger Children are more susceptible to Colds, flus, etc.

Careers
Most careers should be active, so you can choose to go with your sim to work or School if you wish.

Factory Job

Fast Food

Astronaut

Teacher:

Military

Businessperson

Culinary

Designer

Author

Painter

Politician

Cashier

Inventor

Horticultural

More to come!

Life States

1. Sims
2. Ghosts

Ideas for Packs
1. Mythical Creatures
2. Unicorns
3. Supernatural
4. Careers
5. Generations with even more family content
6. Pack with more content for pets
7. Medieval theme
8. Future theme
9. Travelling to places based on real countries.
10. Funerals
11. Eco-warrior (full on, lots of gameplay for Sims that want to really be Eco-friendly and cut bills.)
12. University

Suburbs
Choose from 2 plus more coming in updates and DLC.
1. Each World/Nation/State will have up to 8 Suburbs with up to 10 lots each.
2. Each Suburb will be open, Sims will have no loading screens in that Suburb.
3. There should be public spaces like in The Sims 4.
4. Suburbs can feel connected, Sims could drive around the neighbourhood.

Modes of Transport

1. Cars.
2. Bicycles, choose from a few varieties.
3. Walking, you can walk anywhere.
4. Buses.

I feel this is better than some of my old ideas!
Post edited by DcD2510 on

Comments

• DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    What do you think so far?
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I like your list so far!

I would like to see the return of create a style as well as create a world. Open world would be a nice touch too!

I really like your idea for the traits. I feel like I'm TS4, traits barely matter, and for the most part, only give sims moodlets. I would like to see them have more of an effect on sims' daily lives. I also like more options for pools, like stairs into the pool as opposed to a ladder, slides, diving boards, and waterfalls into the pool. Okay, the last one might be pushing it, but I can dream :joy:
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I would have create a style and create a world as well, however, you can choose more basic options unless you make it in SimCity
    Please give your Thoughts, I have updated this post.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @DcD2510 said:
    > What do you think so far?
    I like all your add-ons. its the perfect game for sure. if we could get a few that would be nice.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    I would like to see Sims able to change their own path over time. like, improve on bad traits. maybe with getting help. counseling or whatever. even parental help with bad traits,
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Personally, I Think Sims 5 should be and on-line game. everyone Loved" Sims online"
    we really do need more build tools, I know it could not be hard to enable us to make a circle. like a pool or wall, I do not have sims Vampire. maybe you can with that pack with all the castles.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I would love gradual aging! But it's very difficult to implement. Hopefully someday, along with heights. I've been wishing for gradual aging since the Sims 2 days.

The idea of major and minor traits is also good. I always thought it would be great to give "magnitudes" to traits, so you can have sims who are just a tiny bit evil, or full-blown. It's more like a cross between the point system of 1 & 2 and the trait system of 3 & 4. Honestly, some traits have less of an effect on a sim's overall personality (like vegetarian), so it would be nice if they could take up fewer "slots".
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I would like to see in Sims 5 also along with what you want. which would be great . But also to be able to add up to 5 friends say from your Facebook or any online friends that play the Sims 5 alone with you. how would you go about that?
    > @DcD2510 said:
    > I would have create a style and create a world as well, however, you can choose more basic options unless you make it in SimCity

you said "I would have create a style and create a world as well" can you please explain what you mean by both create a style and also create a world.?
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    You gotta make this game yourself cause there's no way anyone's ever going to make a game like that :smiley:
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    Simpkin wrote: »
    You gotta make this game yourself cause there's no way anyone's ever going to make a game like that :smiley:
    Do you like it, if I get rich I could buy Maxis and all trademarks
    Stormsview wrote: »
    > @DcD2510 said:
    > I would have create a style and create a world as well, however, you can choose more basic options unless you make it in SimCity

you said "I would have create a style and create a world as well" can you please explain what you mean by both create a style and also create a world.?

They would be separate tools, one to style objects and clothing, in fact, let's make it a body shop type thing, as well. And one to create neighbourhoods/Worlds.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I would love gradual aging! But it's very difficult to implement. Hopefully someday, along with heights. I've been wishing for gradual aging since the Sims 2 days.

The idea of major and minor traits is also good. I always thought it would be great to give "magnitudes" to traits, so you can have sims who are just a tiny bit evil, or full-blown. It's more like a cross between the point system of 1 & 2 and the trait system of 3 & 4. Honestly, some traits have less of an effect on a sim's overall personality (like vegetarian), so it would be nice if they could take up fewer "slots".

Yes, that is the sort of idea, Heights will be changed in the form of 3 buttons
    In sims medieval, they have create a style. Also, we have like a body shop and we can change our sims now to anything mostly as we like. in Sims 4.
    Create our own neighborhood/Worlds. would be awesome. I am so tired of living in the boxes they give us. that way we can just have the world and we make lots our own size. snow worlds our choice.
    In sims medieval, they have create a style. Also, we have like a body shop and we can change our sims now to anything mostly as we like. in Sims 4.
    Create our own neighborhood/Worlds. would be awesome. I am so tired of living in the boxes they give us. that way we can just have the world and we make lots our own size. snow worlds our choice.
    That is in Sims 3, The Sims 4 doesn't have that, in Sims Medieval they don't have Create a style either.

> @DcD2510 said:
    > Stormsview wrote: »
    >
    > In sims medieval, they have create a style. Also, we have like a body shop and we can change our sims now to anything mostly as we like. in Sims 4.
    > Create our own neighborhood/Worlds. would be awesome. I am so tired of living in the boxes they give us. that way we can just have the world and we make lots our own size. snow worlds our choice.
    >
    >
    >
    > That is in Sims 3, The Sims 4 doesn't have that, in Sims Medieval they don't have Create a style either.

Sorry then, I am not understanding you correctly. Do you have Sims Medieval. they do have create a style, well they call it that. but it must not be the kind you plan to have.. In sims 4 create a sim. we can shape the avatar change skin tones, make fat or think change nose, mouth hair whatever. all parts of the body for the most part.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Create_a_Style Create a Style is a tool featured in The Sims 3 and The Sims Medieval. It is included in the console versions of the game as well.
    https://www.thesims.com/create-a-sim-demo Create Smarter Sims with unique personalities and distinct appearances in The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo! but if you have sims 4 you have it in your game. give it a try.
    One of the best features to me in sims4 which I hope you include in your Sims 5 is, play with genetics. Like if you want your own child and not adopt. you can go to create a sim and use only yourself or your mate or even a child you already have. and ask them to make your child. and you can try again if you do not want the first one. What I did once. I had a nice sim family and wanted a grandparent. so I went to create a sim and made my mother. first, they gave me and elder. but I just wanted her older but not and elder. so I click adult, I was a young adult. and so they made my mother perfect. she looked like me. also, they already knew she was my kids' grandmother. I love this feature of Sims 4. So yes please Keep that in your Sims 5 :)
    I'm
    > @DcD2510 said:
    > Stormsview wrote: »
    >
    > In sims medieval, they have create a style. Also, we have like a body shop and we can change our sims now to anything mostly as we like. in Sims 4.
    > Create our own neighborhood/Worlds. would be awesome. I am so tired of living in the boxes they give us. that way we can just have the world and we make lots our own size. snow worlds our choice.
    >
    >
    >
    > That is in Sims 3, The Sims 4 doesn't have that, in Sims Medieval they don't have Create a style either.

Sorry then, I am not understanding you correctly. Do you have Sims Medieval. they do have create a style, well they call it that. but it must not be the kind you plan to have.. In sims 4 create a sim. we can shape the avatar change skin tones, make fat or think change nose, mouth hair whatever. all parts of the body for the most part.

Ok, it was in medieval then, I'm talking about colour wheels etc. in a separate tool where you recolour clothes etc. the sims 4 doesn't have a colour wheel
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2017
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Do you like it, if I get rich I could buy Maxis and all trademarks
    Well if I get rich I might like it cause I'd need a super computer to play that game which with my current money and the way my financial life is going now I will never be able to afford. ;)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    @DcD2510 Your right we do need a color wheel. and I do not see why they did not add one for us. Medieval has one. so yes they know how. They know how to do any and everything. Just if they decide to or not. Sims 5 may be in the works now who knows? right. no one that I know even knew we were about to get toddlers. and such cute well-animated ones. so Sims 5 could be just around the corner. :)
  • Txskd123Txskd123 Posts: 63 Member
    Great start. I would want the full town again and not just little sections. Maybe be able to visit the different towns. A little bit more dangers for the sims. If he is a cop, construction worker or something dangerous. fix it where they might get hurt or killed.
    > @Txskd123 said:
    > Great start. I would want the full town again and not just little sections. Maybe be able to visit the different towns. A little bit more dangers for the sims. If he is a cop, construction worker or something dangerous. fix it where they might get hurt or killed.

laughs, see how it takes all kind of people to make up a Sims world. ok, now Sims 5 is on its way.
  • Txskd123Txskd123 Posts: 63 Member
    Look at 4, just the way it was set up was terrible. I loved going all over town in 2 and 3, meeting and playing the familes. You sorta miss that in 4.