Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Losaru's Sims Stories Archive: Raven's Rise

This is a collection of screenshots from my save "Raven's Rise" which were originally posted to the "Happy Play" thread.
As I said, this next post is start of a small flashback side story involving Raven. Difference with this one to is that it'll be in first person. So you could essentially consider this like my simself asking her about her life, although there won't be any questions asked though. Interview format for storytelling is a bit cumbersome for me. So for anyone's interest, here's Raven's story.

Also note that this isn't attached to 2nd World. It's just one of my one-off stories.

Oh! Um...Well I guess if anyone is interested, I don't mind telling them. How many did you say might read this?....That many?...Okay that is true.

My name is Raven Rosales. I was asked to tell how Shannon and I got together and well...about who I am as someone that is trying to transition. Stories like this, well...they're never the same and my experiences may differ greatly from someone else. Some have better experiences with this, some have it worse.

I also know that where you, the readers, are from, the processes are also very different. For myself, being a sim, my eventual transitioning will involve "Adjustments." First to gain a more feminine figure, next to...How do I put this...not have the ability to pee standing? And the final one is to actually be able to have kids. After that is some minor adjustments and recovery. Downside is is that it's all very expensive and were it not for Shannon, I wouldn't even be waiting on my appointment for the first stage. In fact, were it not for him and his family, I'd probably be on the streets...or worse.

rTvzuw

If I have to go really far back, I was born as Romero Rosales, son of Monica and Dominic Rosales.

YVRVAd

My father was a businessman, usually balancing accounts for investors and all that.

ldr6ZZ

Mother retired from working in a bakery when she met my father. Ever since then, she was always on me to meet someone.

"All I'm saying is that you go out all the time and yet you haven't brought a nice girl in this house even once. What you are even doing when you go out?"

"I've told you before, mom. On weekdays I'm working odd jobs. On weekends like today, I go out and relax."

dNDN6g

"Maybe something you should consider doing sometime too..."

C3EEBz

"Don't think I'm completely deaf, Romero. I heard that! It's called someone needs to keep this place tidy while your father works. We have a vacation planned for next year. Unlike you, I'm married, as one would think you would be by now."

Mom was always a bit of a hothead, now that I think back on things...I knew she meant well, but if I had to tell her the reason why I hadn't met anyone well...You'll see eventually.

JDZJp5

I tried to figure out a lie at that time to tell her.

"Look...Mom...There is a reason why I haven't met anyone. It's that...well...I'm just waiting...you know?"

"Oh don't give me that, Romero. Everyone says that. And by the time you find them, it'll be too late for us older folks to have grandkids."

"Yeah...About that too, Mom...I...Well..."

"Oh we'll talk about it later. Thanks for making me breakfast. Go out and have fun and we'll see you later on. And if you run into Nancy, tell her I have a lemon square recipe to give her.

6yPAmz

Thatt was the plus side with Mom: She never wanted to have big discussions before breakfast. That and, for me, Mom wasn't for really traveling too far from home. She always stayed in Oasis Springs, hanging out with her card club that she and Nancy Landgraab ran. It meant that so long as I went elsewhere, I could be myself.

I may need a moment before I continue with the next part so please forgive me. It's just...well...hard for me to talk about...

Next post, Raven will discuss her usual weekends.
D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Anyways, back to Raven's stories. Last we left off....

I'm good now...

Like I had said, so long as I went outside of Oasis Springs, I could be myself: Raven. It may seem like an odd choice or a boring one, but I chose it because (aside from thinking it was a really nice name) I saw a raven flying above me the day I realized I was not the right gender or however you wish to use the term. I won't go into deeper details into that but just understand that at home, I didn't feel comfortable at all.

S4Bcty

I usually kept my clothes and make-up at a friend's place whenever I went out. My first times trying a more feminine look felt a bit...odd...as I wasn't sure how to really dress for my frame. Still, no one really seemed to mind how I looked or who I was.

"One please..."

P6i1TW

I actually felt comfortable. No one asking me who I was or even really recognizing me. Here, I was Raven. That's all anyone needed to know.

N6MI5c

But then there would be times I would think back on my parents. What they would think of Raven if they saw her?

lKj0h9

I'd usually give myself a pep talk then, trying to forget about it.

"Right now, they aren't here. You're yourself. You're Raven. So just go have fun! That's why we're here, remember?"

bXiyFR

When I got my looks a bit more refined, I went out more. I was a regular at the lounge in San Myshuno. I know it's usually more for adults and I would always worry should my father and mother get the odd idea to go out, but that was rare. And by this time, I was finding myself faking Romero's voice for them rather than my actual voice so how would they know, right?

fY3UpG

"Really, Raven? Here to hit up older men as usual?"

"For your information, Geeta, I'm here because I like it and the drinks are better. It's a lot quieter than the karaoke bars over in the Fashion District."

"You look more like you're dressed to go to a nightclub, not a lounge.

YqtQoM

"You're just jealous that I can even carry such a look, Geeta. Maybe you should try it sometime, hm? Then again, you probably tossed out all your tanktops when you realized you looked like a stork with a plastic bag over its body, huh."

abHnuH

I was even testing my limits in pools as well, since swimming nowadays was always something I felt more...exposed with.

4Tf8gF

Before going home though, I always made sure to turn back into Romero, something I eventually found out forgetting would change everything for me.

Next post, Raven's broken wing.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Thank you. I'll continue...

I guess that day had to come at some point when my folks would find out about who I really was. Still, as I reflect on it, especially what they said when they did find out, I think the outcome would have been the same.

HQX5tE

That day started when I came back that Friday after mowing some lawns, my father wanting to speak with me.

"Son I wanted to say that me and your mother were talking and...it's alright to tell us."

"T...Tell you what?"

I had a mix of fear and joy at first. Had they seen me somewhere? Maybe it was like with all those other people I had read online about whose parents seemed to have always known. Maybe I was lucky enough.

gjgB01

My mother soon came in though, my heart sinking as she spoke.

"That you're not into ladies, dear."

"Oh...That..."

"Yes, yes. Your mother and I realized that since you never seemed to meet any girls that maybe you were into guys instead."

"There's nothing to be ashamed about, Romero. If you find yourself a nice guy, you can always adopt, right? We won't judge."

'We won't judge.' The irony of those words tends to tear my stomach now. Yes, I tend to swing...well..closer into liking guys, but my preferences weren't the thing that kept me back from meeting someone. It was simply finding someone that would like me for who I actually was and was hoping to finally become.

cqLScp

Wanting to clear my head a bit, I decided to hit up the night club in Windenburg, obviously going as Raven. A friend of mine in San Myshuno had found the outfit in a department store, suggesting I try it out.

xVmdIo

As I wasn't feeling my best though, I decided to hit up the bar for some juice.

"Hi Muriel."

"Ah Raven. Certainly got yourself done up tonight. Gonna hit the dance floor soon?"

"After a drink. Been having a hard day."

I6l20x

One drink though...

isqtbI

Soon became several. The bartender soon cut me off in case I got dazed. I don't think she understood that maybe that was what I was trying to do.

xDTihk

If anything, the juice binge gave me a false sense of confidence to dance like a loon on the dance floor.

kSYlhg

As I fell off the buzz a bit though, I was feeling oddly happy. Like maybe things would work out. If my folks accepted me for one thing, maybe they would this too. I was a fool.

yx8pe1

I don't know if it was because I was feeling brave, buzzed, or just being a damsin, I returned home as I was, forgetting to change back into Romero.

YikhVK

I had expected my parents' first reactions.

"Dominic, who is that?!"

"I don't know. I will tell them to leave before I call the cops."

uubCn1

"Who are you?! What are you doing in our house?"

"D...Dad relax it...it's me."

"Who are you...Romero?"

8fBHbQ

The proverbial cat was out of the bag now.

"Why are you dressed like this? You lose a bet or something?"

"Well...No..."

"Then why?"

"Dad I...umm..I like wearing this..."

"WHAT?! My only son?!! Dressing as some female dancer?!!!"

"It...It's not exactly like that, Dad...I..."

qRgZzf

Mom interjected with burning words.

"This is why you never found anyone. You've been going around like some candy floss! A disgrace to the Rosales name!!"

"Mother..."

"Indeed. A disgusting disgrace. Who knows how long he has been making a mockery out of our family..."

oznj1Q

I fumed. In one moment, I chewed out my father, telling him everything in rage.

"I never did anything of the sort this family!! If anyone is a disgrace it's you for being hypocrites! I dress like this all the time because this is who I am, Dad! You say you can accept me if I'm into guys but yet you can't accept me for trying to be who I actually am! I was born in the wrong body, Dad! I've always felt that...that there was something wrong and now I know: I'm supposed to be a woman."

1xsZJc

My father glared at me.

"If you're a woman, then you are a stranger breaking into our home. Get out."

I was taken aback. He...He was actually saying he wanted me to leave. He was actually kicking me out.

9IehCE

"Dad...I...I'm sorry for yelling at you. I...I was upset. Can...Can we talk about this..."

ivgIj7

"Sorry ma'am. I don't know you and I don't know why you call me your father. I'm not your father."

"Dad please be serious for once..."

"I've told you to begone, ma'am. Now shoo..."

g2pYEH

I looked on in bewilderment, thunderstuck by what was happening.

"Y...You're actually going to do it. You're going to kick out your own son..."

"What son? My son is dead, ma'am. He was killed by a lady similar to you..."

xxcFgT

The truth soon sank in. He was indeed kicking me out. Not just that, but he (and I could easily assume my mother as well) had disowned me. Within one evening, I had gone from feeling on top of the world to crashing right down into it.

gZGmku

I could hear my father calling out as he closed the door.

"If you ever come back here again, I will have you arrested for home invasion. A floss like you is not welcome in this home."

With that, there was a slam, and the click of a lock.

I'm sorry I...I need a moment....

Next post, Raven tells about her move to San Myshuno.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Think might be best to let Raven get back to her story.

I'm...I'm fine. It's just really hard to think back on that day. I think I tried calling them once but...well...that was the last time I ever had contact with my parents. And from how things went down, I doubt they'd even take me back after so long.

bBWKGI

I ended up sleeping on a bench at the park that night. I know Desert Bloom has a lounging area, but I was so tired I just fell where I was.

QxvIsn

When I woke up, I thought about what happened. I was now homeless, without a family. I was alone. It was like...was I really wrong to feel like this? Was I maybe sick in the head? No...I knew who I was and what I wanted and if there was a silver lining, it was that I wouldn't have to live in fear of my parents anymore. Can't really fear them if they don't acknowledge me as their child anymore, correct? Still, being homeless was devastating so I started calling around.

pV7Nlr

A friend of mine, Katlyn, from back in high school eventually let me stay at her place in San Myshuno with her boyfriend, Serio. And while I was grateful...

UiJq83

The nights weren't exactly quiet.

cEBuRO

One morning, Katlyn sat next to me on the couch while I was watching TV.

"Hey gorgeous! There's a party going on at the Bluffs the weekend and I was thinking that you should come along."

"I dunno, Kat. I'm still not exactly comfortable going out again, you know?"

"Well staying in here isn't gonna help you. I need to check out some outfits anyway. Why not come along? I know you like trying on new clothes."

ywsDfD

I chuckled. She was right and it wasn't like my parents were going to see me. Why was I really worried anyways?

"I guess. Been a while since we we out anywhere."

"Excellent! You'll love it I'm sure."

XVZOib

We ended up going to this one boutique that had a change closet, Katlyn suggesting I go in.

nXxQbC

"Wh-! This isn't that tank top and pants I had."

"Bwhaha! You fell for the 'clown costume' prank! Oh man I didn't know people still did that!"

"Ugh...Gimme a moment."

4vaSL4

"Now does this not remind you of someone?"

"OMG Miss Wells from high school Math!"

"I can hear her now. 'You kids do whatever. I need my coffee. No you can't have some. It's...teacher coffee. Three more months til my vacation!"

unIXBU

"Heeeyy Raven. You actually look really cute in that one."

"I like the colors but these shoes are killing my feet!"

iiJiOY

"Maybe keep that one for the summer?"

"Yeah. I think I could get something like this at the thrift store."

I saw there were others wanting to use the closet so I soon stopped.

civw2C

One of the struggles I still have, even to this day, is when I see an outfit I want to try on but, being built how I am, I can't even think about wearing it. (Hey @SimGuruGraham If a sim likes feminine clothes, why not let them try it off the feminine manniquin?)

ijl37S

Katlyn soon saw me fretting.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"Just...I dunno it's plum."

"Hey no thought is plum...unless maybe thinking the Earth is flat and lizard sims exist...What's wrong?"

"I...I saw this outfit here and it reminds how I'm still not built like a woman, you know?"

"Aw Raven. I know plenty of girls that have your frame. Not even with adjustments ya know? I know you wanna get that first adjustment, but don't think being stocky makes you unfeminine."

18CP5U

"Really?"

"Well yeah! Besides. A gorgeous bird like you doesn't need an outfit like that. Only one whose looks would improve with that thing would be Miss Feng's and even then she'd still need a pound of make-up to hide that scowl of hers."

2WxkJp

I laughed. Miss Feng was Katlyn's boss at the business firm she worked at as secretary. She'd always bring back stories with how she and her boyfriend would go out of their way to ruffle her feathers come closing time. Can't fire someone for flirting in the office when it's after your shift.

"A pound? Girl that woman would need full on facial reconstruction to get that scowl off her."

We both laughed before being interrupted by Bjorn, soon leaving to head back to the apartment.

Let me get some water and I'll continue...

Next post, Raven tells about the first time she met Shannon..and his brother Nick.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Okay, I've had my water. Thank you.

I was started to feel that familiar confidence again as we started getting ready to go to the party. Seems that Serio desperately needed to go out too.

aT0Kyl

"And so my boss just tosses all my papers on the floor saying. 'I want results, Serger. Give me a logo that doesn't look like a baboon's behind by next week or you're fired.' Bad enough he called me after a sewing machine, but he didn't even let me show him the work on had the tablet. Ugh. He's insufferable sometimes."

"Aw poor baby. Sounds like you'll be hitting the juice a bit tonight, huh."

"I can tell you from experience, you won't get anything off the zesty salt. Just a heads up."

"Who's going to this shindig anyways that we might know, babe?"

"A couple co-workers, some friends from high school, oh and Shannon. You remember him?"

"From the career fair, yeah. Said he was considering going into espionage. Is he bringing 'Ghost' along as well? Ugh...Didn't like that guy."

"Probably. He is his brother after all. Gotta tolerate your siblings sometimes.

I had never heard of those two before. Little did I know I was going to know them very well after this party.

QcEn63

At the party, I was just becoming acquainted with a pale looking man as I heard Katlyn taking to a red-headed guy. He seemed rather boyish, although also boisterous from the sound of his voice.

"Kitty! How've ya been? You take up that job after?"

"No. I ended up working for Feng Industries."

"Oh dwam! You're workin' for the sour peach!! She's a right old piece of work. Maybe should bug 'er office with fart noises sometime. Make things interestin' at your job."

ZUyBOk

Thinking back on it now, I actually feel a bit flustered...not in a bad way...from what I overheard between Katlyn and Shannon.

"Oi...Who's the black-haired missus?"

"Your accent is showing, Shannon, who you talking about?"

"That lil crow over there talkin' with Ghost."

m4zt6e

"Whoa there Seabiscuit! First off, her name is Raven and second off, stay away from her."

"What are ya talkin' about?"

"I know you, Shannon. You go after anything with a pulse. I remember you hitting up those ladies at the career fair at the nectar booth."

"I was tryin' for free drinks. If anything it twas practice for my work."

"Yeah well Raven is...different."

8u9tTb

"Now ya got my interest peaked, Kitty Kat. What's up with her?"

"Aside from being a bit shy, nothing that I can really tell. Just...You gotta take things easy with her. She's had a hard few weeks and she's a bit sensitive."

"Aw Kitty. You sayin' I can't sensitive?"

"No, I'm saying you tend to be hyper."

tTnFOV

It was then I found out that Nick and Shannon were related.

"Sounds like my brother might be smitten with you."

"Who?"

"My brother Shannon over there."

"Well, be sure to tell him that I'll take his crush as a compliment."

"Not surprised actually. He's always been into the oddballs."

"Hm? Oddballs?"

krtOKA

Nick brought me over to the other side of the party.

"You see everyone out there?"

"Yeah..."

"You see all the ladies out there?"

"Yes..."

"Well amongst them, you stand out, and not in a 'cocktail dress' sort of way. If your body was any broader they could use you as a barn door!"

Nick chuckled to himself, my self-esteem falling really low once again. I hadn't told him that I was transitioning, which was probably good considering the insult he used assuming I was a full woman.

5MNVkV

I sat away from the party then, not wanting to be seen as a 'barn door' by any of the other party guests.

475Xnk

I saw Serio confronting Nick just after our conversation, him telling me later what happened.

"Dude, don't ever do that again."

"What are you talking about?"

"I heard what you said to Raven. That was rude and totally uncool."

"What? I was only telling the truth. She's a very brawny lady."

"Yeah and is getting over getting disowned by her parents, you snake."

"Disowned?"

"Yeah. Something I'm surprised your parents haven't done."

kY8YQ2

Katlyn soon came over to comfort me.

"You okay gorgeous?"

"About as okay as a barn door: Weather beaten and stripped of paint..."

"Oh Raven. That was just Nick talking. He can be a big jerk at times."

6LDZxf

"But he also said that his brother was attracted to oddballs. What's more odd than a woman who could make other girls feel like Lettuce Leaf Baby Dolls with her height?"

"Shanty's a romantic, Raven. He knows what he likes and shouldn't matter in that case. He's got a crush on you, girl! He even gave you a pet name even before he knew your name."

M2QWdf

"A...pet...name? He...He finds me adorable?"

"Totally! He called you "Lil Crow". Maybe he was using some irony, but knowing Shannon, that means he likes you. Want me to give him your number? Believe me, he's nothing like Nick."

"Well...I guess it wouldn't hurt. If anything it would be nice to have another friend."

"Trust me, gorgeous. He's hyper and can't go anywhere without a toy in his pocket, but he's a real sweetheart."

I'd soon find out after how much she was right.

I shall just be a brief moment. Need to...umm...powder my nose.

Next post, the beginning of Raven's and Shannon's relationship.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    I'm back. What was I talking about?

Right. Shannon. Like I said, I agreed to Kat in giving my number to the redhead. I mean if anything I could suggest for us to be friends. He definitely didn't sound like his brother.

m7vy4d

Next week, I got a call.

"Hm? I don't think I know that number...doesn't look like a spammer though."

2rIwQL

"Hello?...Yes this is Raven...Oh it's you...Yes I remember you...From the party, yes. To be honest I expected you to...well actually I didn't expect...Oh that's why. Yes I can see that...Hm?...Breakfast? Well I don't see why not. Katlyn and Serio are gone to work so I really don't have anything to do...Yes I've heard of that place...Sure. I'll meet you there."

HFjllN

I later met Shannon at a nearby family restaurant that had opened up just last week on top of one of the vacant penthouse lots.

"They certainly like their bright colors here."

"Mhm. Been eyein' it since I heard about it and saw the flyers on Simbook."

YsQmL2

"Table for two?"

"Ah...Yes please."

lvRiAr

As we were seated, I noticed Shannon looking at me up and down. I wasn't exactly sure how to feel about it. Was he judging me? Did he...know? Was Katlyn right in that he was still infatuated with me?

pwfSR0

"So umm...You see anything you like?"

"Huh? Oh I ah...they got some fancy breads and toasts here!"

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"Same family, different upbringing."

I honestly had to laugh at that one.

nKvuQB

"I'll just get the oatmeal I think. I'm...trying to watch my figure..."

"I can watch that if ya want."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

FeMcqT

Shannon had to get up to use the washroom, the waiter coming while I placed our orders. I had to admit, I was starting to feel good about myself again, hoping things would work out between Shannon and me. If anything he seemed like a fun guy to hang out with.

PRWFZC

Shannon soon came back.

"So I don't think I've ever seen ya around before last week. Where are ya from?"

I hesitated for a moment.

"Well...far away. I had an incident with my family so that's why I'm living with Katlyn now until I can eventually afford my own place."

"My father gots connection through his job. We might be able to find ya some work if that's what's holdin' ya back."

nu3jfD

I felt my stomach twist a bit.

"I appreciate the offer, but there aren't many places that would want to hire me honestly."

"What?! You're kiddin'! A beautiful thing like you and you can't find work! Why? Ya didn't go to college or somethin'? I knows my brother is a pain but if all else fails, I knows he's goin'..."

"No, no it's...well...I...I'm transitioning and employers I find aren't into that..."

Oh boy. It was out then. I started to wonder how Shannon was going to react.

cZ4XMQ

Before he could say anything though, our food arrived.

HKvB2c

We ate quietly, myself still wondering what his thoughts were...

kollpa

Although I did find a way for silence to be loud. Dear sweet plums that lady's garments. Fits with the theme but definitely not a look for her.

0UA0wX

After we ate, Shannon spoke with me in calmer, but still cheerful tone.

"Tis a shame they don't hire ya, ya know? Ya seems like a smart lady, and a bit of diversity in a workplace never 'urt anyone. Plum with my job, we get all kinds. Best for espionage and all that. Now I can't tell anything else about what I does, but I'm just sayin' that it shouldn't matter what ya are so long as you're qualified for the job. If you're becoming a woman, ya can still write up stuff, move stuff, do anythin' normal jobs need, right? An' if a business doesn't see it that way, they get no respect from me."

xN1oF1

He took out a placemat of all things, appearing to be ready to draw on it.

"So...You don't mind that I'm not a full woman...That I wear make-up and lady wears."

Shannon laughed, shrugging as he made a silly face.

"I wears make-up all the time, and not just for my job. And depending on the lady wears, I'll buy it if it's comfortable or cute. But I still considers myself a guy. Only difference with you though is that you're a woman. And if I might add, a very beautiful one at that."

MmAUHZ

I was overwhelmed. I know it might sound silly, but words like that were something I needed, especially after last week.

"Well I...I appreciate the compliment..."

"It ain't a compliment: Tis the truth. You're a wonderful woman, Raven. And anyone that would say otherwise should get their head out of their rear."

"I dunno about that. I mean...people are attracted to different things."

ci7Slo

Shannon returned to his more calm self.

"Yes, but attraction is different from respect ya know. Someone may not be attracted to ya because of what you're going through, but they should still respect ya and consider you as a woman."

I felt my body become warm.

"Katlyn was right about you. You are rather sweet."

"Well I tries. You're not gonna make many friends bein' a pain in the croissant."

5GlkiR

I was about ready to go for the afternoon when Shannon stopped me for a moment.

"I'm usually off on Saturdays. You wanna go to the park or somethin'? Maybe let Kitty and Serio have some time to themselves?"

I felt a grin form across my lips.

"I'd love to."

I'll be back in a moment. Need to use the washroom again. Why is it so far away?!

Next post, Raven recounts her moments hanging out with Shannon before finally meeting his parents.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    I'm back. I didn't miss anything did I? Okay thanks.

After the first time we hanged out together, Shannon and I started going out every weekend. I was still working odd jobs during the week, which was fine since Shannon was usually busy during those days anyways. Sadly, that included Fridays, but every Saturday would bring some sort of adventure.

RzwSsH

Now watch as I gets a ringer."

"I don't know why you're wanting ringers so much. You're already beating me by 20 points."

"Yeah but tis the principle of it all!"

dUpqWv

"Ya mind movin' to the left. I'm missing a wonderful view."

"Of what?"

"Of that hair of yours."

"Oh Shannon. I hope you know that flirting won't distract me from trying to beat your score."

"Who says I was tryin' to distract ya? If anything I'm distracting myself."

DReck5

There were times we would hit up the bar too. The first time we went was how I found out about just how eccentric Shannon would go with his looks. Not that it mattered to him, or even myself. He was still fun to be around.

"A bit of extra mousse helps keep it in place. Also works if your hair grows like a dandelion like mine does."

UxY41I

Fooseball was usually our game of choice..

cTXi4U

Even if Shannon kept losing.

"How ya even learn to spin those things for fast anyways?"

"What's wrong? Jealous?"

"Nah but I'd like to actually score on your goal for once....I don't mean like that, woman. You wipe that smirk off."

6CC2ML

And it was one night at the discotheque...

t9fYsL

That I finally gave him my response to his infatuation with me.

Q9vA3f

"Well bless me...hah...I guess I knows how it is between us then...an' tis shaped like a heart."

YNLWA5

Eventually, the time came for me to meet Shannon's parents. He suggested having me over to dinner, his mom having a roast chicken with some pie she made from scratch. I also got to meet his father and...well...see Nick again.

"I tell ya boys I'm some happy you didn't get into the fisheries like I did. I likes bein' on a boat but being stuck in the home office doin' up fishery policies isn't all that fun."

"I don't see an issue with it. At least being in an office means not having to deal with disgusting fish."

"Ah don't be like that, Ghost. If it weren't for dad, ya wouldn't be getting that fancy caviar stuff that you likes to eat at that club of yours."

"It's not a 'club'. It's a writer's guild! Besides, The caviar there is much different."

xYgUxC

While Shannon chatted with his brother and father, his mother turned to me.

"You've been awfully quiet, dear."

"Hm? Oh I'm just enjoying the meal."

"Well I'm glad you're enjoying it. But no need to be a stranger. Where are you from, dear? Who's your crowd as my husband would say?"

"My...crowd?"

"Your family. Who knit ya?"

VQq1rs

I turned my head in shame, not wanting to answer.

"I...I'd rather not talk about it."

"Mmph...Oh go on, girl. I've been around for a long time. I'm sure it isn't anything I haven't heard."

I sighed.

"I...I have no family. I was...as far as my family is concerned, Miss Burke, I'm dead."

"Oh my! Are you homeless? Do...Do you have a place to stay?"

Xy2Lkj

"She's currently stayin' with Kat and Serio. Good lot but they can be...loud," said Shannon,interjecting as I tried to brace for what his mother would say next.

"Oh my. How did such a sweet darling like you get into such a predicament?"

"I don't feel comfortable talking about it at the moment, Miss Burke. All you...you need to know was that it wasn't anything illegal. We just...They didn't want me anymore..."

pcrrIN

Just then, Shannon's mom became excited. Now I knew who he got his energy from.

"I just had a wonderful idea! Instead of being stuck in that lil apartment with Katlyn and Serio, why not stay with us?"

I blinked for a moment.

"Are...Are you sure?"

"Of course! Our house is big enough and you can stay in Nick's room once he leaves for college later on. We got a blowup mattress in the meantime."

hZ1LuX

Nick suddenly fumed, although I wasn't surprised.

"You're not letting that...that freak sleep in my room while I'm away!"

qYHAh5

I heard Shannon whisper harshly to him.

"Oi! They don't know about her yet like that so shut it or I'll find a way to shut it for you!!"

bLWm3Z

Shannon's mother apparently also had his fury as well. Either that or it was from her that Nick got his mean streak.

"I don't know what you two are talking about but under this roof, we don't go calling people 'freaks'. Unless she has a second head growing on her back or was a descendant of the lizard people, she's still a person and under this roof, you'll treat her with respect. And it won't matter if she sleeps in your bed or not, Nicholas Barnaby Traverse. You'll be off to New Island and she'll be stuck without a good night's sleep if she stays with those two. Now straighten up!"

n2ubS6

To say Nick was not impressed would have been an understatement.

nola1e

Shannon's mom took me aside.

"Are you alright, dear? I'm sorry if we all upset you."

"N...No I...I'm fine..."

"Dunno why Nick was calling you a freak but he should know better."

"I...It's because I...I'm transitioning, ma'am. I...I guess I should have something before. If you want me to leave..."

bqOEbj

"Don't you even dare," she said.

"Are...Are you sure?"

"wholeheartedly! Now I don't understand too much about transgender or transitioning or the like, but I can understand that you're a person that needs a better place to rest her head. And if we can offer it, we will. Right Marcus?"

I heard Shannon's Dad shout from the kitchen.

"So long as ya don't be stealing my shampoo."

"Marcus you fool you barely have any hair left to shampoo. Besides, that my shampoo you keep using. Why you think your hairs been curlier lately?"

I couldn't help but laugh. Aside from the mishap with Nick. I was starting to feel happy again.

mJyh66

I had to give Shannon's mom a hug.

"Thank you, Miss Burke. You don't know how much this all means to me."

"Of course, dear. Under this roof, you shouldn't have to be someone you're not. Now call up your friends and bring your stuff over here. Then you and the boys can help clear the table."

One sec I have a phone call...Hello?

Next post, Raven is confronted by Nick, with Shannon comforting her.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Spammers I swears. I'm on the list for no-call and yet I still get them. Anyways, I was talking about staying at Shannon's place.

Katlyn was home, saying she would bring my stuff over later on after she did some overtime for Mrs. Feng. Something about trying to find the source of the constant fart noises in her office. While I waited, I helped Shannon and Nick clear the table. While Shannon went to take a call for work, I was now alone with Nick in the kitchen.

JjqA8y

Nick knew about how I was transitioning (apparently pried it out of Shannon one night while their parents were out) and used any moment he had to pester me about it whenever I saw him, going so far as to not even acknowledge me how I saw myself.

"It still baffles me how a male like you could degrade themselves like this? Pretending they're a woman. You failed to man-up so you decided to try and live as the opposite sex? It's disgusting! Have you no shame?"

hsIaqh

I was on a short fuse that moment.

"I don't have to be ashamed of a proven condition, Nick. I am female. I was born in the wrong body and will be going through procedures someday to correct it."

"Hope your insurance can cover a lobotomy."

39ny4S

"Look, Nicholas! I've already told you it's not that kind of condition. I'm not a loon!"

"Ooohh...Trying to emphasize the point with my full name, huh Raven? Or should I call you by your real name. Well, Romero?"

XQ2F9e

I shrieked back. Ever since I had been kicked out of my parents' place, I went by my wanted name, Raven. For me, Romero was a long forgotten memory I didn't want to bring up. I never even told Shannon what my original name was and now Nick of all people knew?!

0p7vKs

I begged in a whisper.

"Please. Not even Shannon knows that name and I'd prefer to keep it that way. I go by Raven. Just...how did you find out?"

"The Sims National Business Daily Report. See I read it online as preparation for my business courses. Granted not all the articles are sound, but an interesting one showed up last month about the associate bank manager Dominic Rosales. Aside from the usual interview questions about how he manages finances and how he handled the terrifying requisitions scandal, there was an interesting question about his family and the absence of his son, Romero. He said his son died in an accident, but looking at the picture, I found you have quite the resemblance to him. You don't have family, they don't have a son. I figured there was some connection."

A picture in an article of all things! That was how that snake figured it out!

KUVvK1

Nick then started laughing hard at me.

"I guess you were right then! You are dead to them! Oh sweet irony!"

"Wh...What are you even going on about?"

WhFGH6

"That you could have been even more well off than my father and yet you figuratively murdered yourself for this delusion of yours. What does poor Raven Rosales have to her name? No family and having to work washing dishes at a local restaurant before they kick you out again for being the freak you are. Good luck trying to get real work while being such a tomato! No one's gonna hire someone that they can't tell what they are!"

A44Imh

I couldn't take it anymore. I ran upstairs to hide in Shannon's bed, weeping hard. I don't know what Nick's problem was with me. I wasn't hurting him. It was as if just my mere existence and situation set him off. Eventually, I heard Shannon come up.

"Hm? Now I don't remember my bed being that lumpy before...nor cryin'. Raven, love. What's wrong? Did Ghost tease ya again?"

eZK5Nh

I got out of the bed, sniffling.

"N...Nick figured out what my name was before I went with 'Raven'. Said he figured out who my dad was and apparently, they really do consider me dead! I never even told you about any of it! I wanted to wait for the right time!! He called me delusional, a freak!"

"Aw Lil Crow..." Shannon lamented, holding me. "I never even asked about your old name cause, well...Raven is your name to me. When ya found out what ya were, you also found your name, right? That has been your name all along if you ask me. And I don't know any guy that would be lucky enough to have a girlfriend with such a wonderful name."

I paused for a moment.

"G...Girlfriend?"

4Np28O

"I was gonna wait until later when we were alone, but I wanted to ask you: Did you wanna go steady? Make all this flirtin' and every thing official between us?"

We had been on and off taking about the idea. I just wasn't expecting Shannon to make the first move.

2omvOR

"Well...We have been talking about it..."

"I knows it might not be the best time to be asking you. I mean Nick could ruin a political party with that tongue of his sometimes."

"No, no. I'm over Nick's antics now. I just wanted to figure out...."

Ja838w

"How we should tell your parents. Yes, Shannon. I'll go steady!"

His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree then. It was almost magical how his youthful personality started to shine through.

"You will! Oh sweet mighty this is perfect! It's like getting the best birthday present ever!"

mAZ7Eb

He hugged right into me.

"I promise to be the best boyfriend ya could ever want!"

"Oh Shannon, you silly. You're already the best boyfriend ever by asking me to be your girlfriend."

Lunchbreak. I'll be back in a bit.

Next post, Raven shares some observations about Nick and about when Shannon finally popped the question.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Mmph...Sorry. I was just finishing my lunch when you called me back. Where was I?

KBexcS

Once Nick moved out to go to college, I got his bed to sleep in. I will say it was really comfortable. His room was also a big contrast to Shannon's. Everything was neat and his room was much bigger. According to his mom, Shannon stayed in the 'kids room' when the boys were old enough for their own rooms. I also had to admit that the Christmas tree on the desk was cute.

MWOd1J

Something odd I saw though was the hand sanitizer dispenser on the wall. Shannon's guess was so that he didn't get any germs from his purchases at the flea markets when he went looking for antiques.

ixZF6x

And then I saw the picture covering the hole in the wall. Shannon didn't seem to know why it was there. According to his father, Nick had punched the hole in the wall after having a meltdown for some reason. Something told me Nick had issues that he hadn't really told any of his family.

Zvbk2i

A few weeks later, Shannon took me to the park for a date.

"Babe you're the best thing that ever happened to me ya know."

"So are you. I don't think I'd even be alive were it not for you and your family."

Tj7A0U

"Speaking of that though, Raven. I need to talk to you. I'm planning on moving out."

"O..Oh? For work?"

I was actually caught off-guard for a moment. I wasn't expecting Shannon to be planning on moving, considering how close he was to his parents.

X4CHWu

"Actually..." he said, suddenly getting down on one knee.

v9CsDb

"It's for this. Raven Rosales, will you marry me?"

I had to blink for a moment, trying to take it all in.

"Of...Of course! Of course I'll marry you!!"

hcIgi4

I slipped the ring on my finger.

"Oh Shannon this must have cost a fortune!"

"Kinda. I had to save a lot of my salary for it, but I thought if you would be sayin' yes, it would be worth it."

mW35hd

I couldn't help but kiss him. My heart was humming with joy!

L6Y1Mg

Shannon then brought me close, saying softly.

"You're the most precious thing to me in this entire world and I wanna be there with you throughout all your joy, all your pain, and support you through all that you wish to go through. I love you, Lil Crow."

JkQQpu

I chuckled.

"You can sometimes be quite the romantic you know."

"Oh. Tis romance you want, eh?"

oQFjaS

Just then, he grabbed me around the waist...

86TSgy

Dipping me as he planted a hard kiss on my lips.

h1CZsO

Shannon soon brought me back up. I was so overwhelmed though that I didn't want to let go of the kiss with my now fiance.

buXTCt

Once we did though, I could feel every part of my body fill with happiness.

"I...I never thought I'd be thinking about getting married someday. And now I'll need to start thinking about our wedding plans."

nj10H7

"Then hows about we go and find you a dress, hm?" said Shannon, myself still riding the high of realizing that I would soon be someone's wife.

I'll tell you later about the wedding. I need sleep.

Next time, Raven talks about the wedding.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Hello again. Shall I continue?

1lleMj

We had our wedding at the central park in San Myshuno, Shannon's mom wanting to make the food.

S2yRVi

"I wanted to thank you, Elizabeth. You've been a major help ever since Shannon and I got engaged.

vbRN4G

"It was no trouble at all, dear! I figured you two would want to save some money for your honeymoon. And besides, I love cooking!"

3UGmf8

"Speaking of....You're sure you know what type of cake we wanted right?"

"Oh deary. I guess I completely..."

1tvEPs

"White and Black cake. Of course I remembered, dear. Don't worry your head about it. Just go out and get ready to get married. I'll see you there!"

I laughed.

"Thank you, Elizabeth."

uaxX2u

I soon went in to freshen up.

vOKaFO

And Elizabeth soon making the cake and putting on the topper.

Mb93QS

The guests soon started coming in, including Geeta who, although I always teased about when I came to fashion, was a somewhat close acquaintance and apparently was friends with Shannon's dad.

aoNSnC

"Ah Geeta. My husband was going to sit there."

"Who cares. You'll meet him for cake after anyways."

GS1Tn7

Shannon was chatting with Baako.

"Thanks for coming around."

"No problem. If it hadn't been for you, I would have probably still been 🐸🐸🐸🐸 by that club manager. I knew I had sold more tickets than he said."

"Eh. A lil snooping helps keep me on my toes. Just remember to keep it on the down low. Anyways, I got my lady over there to marry."

"She's a pretty big lady."

"Means more for me."

9NUjGv

In typical Shannon fashion, he couldn't help but flirt with me right in front of everyone.

S88vOM

"And how many here can say they have been blessed with such an amazing woman like my soaring Raven?"

"Oh Shannon, you're making me blush."

"And much like a raven with its mate, I tell you now my love, that I wish to be with you forever. Through whatever winds you wish to fly upon, into whatever water you wish soar over, to whatever tree you wish to rest in. I promise to be your husband forever."

CmDwmi

We then exchanged rings.

35nBff

And of course ended with a kiss...

w69KPX

And fireworks. Alot of fireworks.

FS172d

While everyone watched the fireworks though, I had to give a hug to Katlyn.

"I wanted to thank you for everything. If it hadn't been for you and Serio, I wouldn't have been here today."

"No way, girl! You probably would have met Shannon somehow. Main thing is though is that you're happy."

"Definitely."

I heard Shannon call out.

"Lil Crow! Hurry up! We're about to go eat!"

One moment while I get a snack. Think about the reception made me hungry.

Next post, Raven recalls the reception and finishes off her backstory.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Yes, this should be our last encounter, correct?

I thought the wedding went well, even if it was small compared to some others.

4WVaxH

Shannon's mom, of course, set up the food for the reception.

Jtm0wT

We had to move the cake to a separate table because we were also having punch.

5UBGog

"Tis your wedding, Lil Crow. You should get to cut the cake."

"You sure? I mean it was your mom that made it."

"I'm sure."

QJajCx

I took off the topper then to signify that I was cutting the cake.

tgNFKT

And while I went to get a knife, Shannon and his mother proved that they were cut from the same cloth. And no, I don't know where the vuvuzulas came from.

501PkC

I soon went to share a piece of cake with Shannon.

"Okay, open up! Unless now you don't trust your mother's cooking."

"You kiddin'? Mom's cakes were the only thing I'd have at my parties growing up!"

Edf4Bx

"Well?"

"Mmph! Good as always. Now it's your turn."

p5Es2i

Evening soon came in, some people sitting outside to take in the warm air.

KJCc7I

Shannon and I went out to a bench by ourselves.

"I haven't this happy in a long time."

"I'm glad ya are. And Raven...."

"Yes..."

OpDvwO

"All that I said today was true. I wanna be there with you through everything. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I'd be lyin' if I said I wouldn't be devastated if you were gone."

"Oh Shannon..."

"I love you, Lil Crow."

"I love you too...Shanty."

NGJSpf

A while after the wedding, since we had to wait for Shannon to get some vacation days, we went on our honeymoon in Granite Falls, renting a small cabin for the weekend.

z63RIr

And well...

MkZ6x5

I think you can guess what we also did there.

KmueRf

Eventually, between Shannon saving money and me working more odd jobs to help, we bought a house in my favourite place: Windenburg.

iF3iWO

"Can't believe we got our own place now! You did so much, love. I love you so much!"

LlT3pX

"Don't count yourself out, Shannon. You helped too. And once I get through the adjustments, we might be able to have a family someday."

"And I can't wait for that day. I love ya, Raven."

"I love you too, Shannon."

I'm glad I was able the share my story with everyone. I know others in my situation may have it better off, others might have it worse. I guess if there's any moral or anything to it, it's that there is are people out there that will support you. In my case, it was my friends and eventually Shannon and his family, aside from Nick. I hope those that read all this at least enjoy it and take care. Now if you excuse me, I have a husband waiting to pick me up.

And thus the end of Raven's story. If anyone wishes to comment, they can do so now.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184