Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Expensive

2...Next

Comments

• VulnnVulnn Posts: 131 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Vulnn wrote: »
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    I stand by for correction but if I understand the process correctly, what I believe @TreyNutz is saying is that you cannot install the extra DLC through Steam but you can buy DLC from Steam and then use the Origin key that comes with it to register and download through Origin.

Or I could be completely wrong. :)

No, you are not wrong. You have it right.
    Oh that plum :(, I thought i could finish my collection of 3 stuff packs

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. You can finish off your collection on the next Steam sale if you want. You can mix Steam and Origin purchases, but to do so you have to register everything on Origin and install via Origin. You cannot do the reverse (register Origin purchases on Steam to install through Steam). And you cannot mix Steam and Origin TS3 installs. That is, you cannot install some backs from Steam and other packs from Origin. That won't work. You can buy from both services, but only if you install everything through Origin.

I have purchased TS3 packs from both services, registered all my Steam purchases with Origin and installed everything through Origin. Works fine.

Im ages late but i dont got to buy sims 3 on steam to buy packs on steam?

You need to buy (or own) the base game from Steam before Steam will sell you EPs/SPs. I believe that's true for every game Steam sells.
    Im ages late but i dont got to buy sims 3 on steam to buy packs on steam?
    It's not as bad as you might think. I've seen several Steam sales where everything from Sims 3 went on sale for $5 each.

So, let's say you're missing 2 EPs and 3 SPs. You would buy the base game for $5, then each of those DLCs for $5 ($25). So for a total of $30, you've just purchased 2 EPs and 3 SPs, which you can then activate on Origin.

Even if all you are missing is one EP, you will pay only $10 ($5 for the EP, $5 for the base game), as compared to... what are they, $20 normally?

Still a big savings, even with having to buy the base game again.

I'll admit this doesn't help with the store. I got the store for almost nothing, and I helped my best friend get the store for nothing, using the DD, MMAO, and the ads that used to give points on the site. Until they fix the ads, though, you would need to buy simpoints; there's no way around that, unfortunately.

I'd probably need to think about it since i dont get money often or have a job at the moment but it does sound like a good idea :smile:
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited August 2018
    Game companies will always usually sell at full retail price even years later and their offers are rarely ever as good as other external sources. I know that Square Enix charges full price for Final Fantasy XI Online and all its expansions despite you can purchase the game plus all its expansions from other sources for less than 1/50th of what SE is charging for them when bought individually through their launcher. Thing is if the code you get is a dodgy one from an outside source then EA can't do much about that, you'd have to contact the people you bought it from to get a replacement, so what you're paying for when buying directly from EA is a guarantee that the code is genuine and hasn't been used by someone else. Yes a lot of the DLC is stupidly overpriced now but with it being so old a lot of external sources don't have it in supply that you're pretty much limited to having to buy it directly from EA or pray and hope that they'll some day do a reasonable sale price on it.
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on