Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler Build Block Table is not available for Toddlers to even use

Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
Not sure where to put this, but saw a table (like the activity table back in TS2 & 3) that was for building blocks and the description says "Toddlers Only". Well, sorry to say but there are a couple of things wrong with it.

1) It is too tall for Toddlers to even use (unless those drawer things are actually steps that don't work) and
2) Everyone BUT Toddlers can use it.

Please fix or fix the description.

Thank you! :)
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.

Comments

• JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2017
    Toddlers can use it. A child or older has to build something to completion first and then the toddler is able to play with the end result on the table....they can gain imagination skill from it. The devs have acknowledged the wording on the item description is a little confusing...it's intended to mean that only the toddlers can gain the "imagination" skill from it.
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Not sure where to put this, but saw a table (like the activity table back in TS2 & 3) that was for building blocks and the description says "Toddlers Only". Well, sorry to say but there are a couple of things wrong with it.

1) It is too tall for Toddlers to even use (unless those drawer things are actually steps that don't work) and
    2) Everyone BUT Toddlers can use it.

Please fix or fix the description.

Thank you! :)

Except toddlers can use it, it just has to be built first
  • bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    Thanks for the answer. However, does anyone think it is dumb that the children do not gain any skills from playing with the blocks? They should get motor or logic for building with blocks.
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Thanks for the answer. However, does anyone think it is dumb that the children do not gain any skills from playing with the blocks? They should get motor or logic for building with blocks.

I'd give imagination here.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't really like the fact that the toddlers can't play together on this table with older family members and help build either. Playing with legos and blocks seems like a total toddler thing they'd be way into. Right now, pretty much limited to the dollhouse (which had its autonomy borking factor cranked way up in the last update) and dancing to the stereo as the ways that toddlers can play together with others. I guess there's the learning blocks too, but that's more one sim directing the toddler what to do than them playing together.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    I don't really like the fact that the toddlers can't play together on this table with older family members and help build either. Playing with legos and blocks seems like a total toddler thing they'd be way into. Right now, pretty much limited to the dollhouse (which had its autonomy borking factor cranked way up in the last update) and dancing to the stereo as the ways that toddlers can play together with others. I guess there's the learning blocks too, but that's more one sim directing the toddler what to do than them playing together.

I wish they could play with the doctor set as well, let it build imagination or thinking, or something.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In real life, different toys are meant for different ages. This all seams perfectly fine.
  • bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »

I'd give imagination here.

Well except the motor skill includes fine motor such as typing, and building with LEGOS is definitely a fine motor thing. And they NEED something else for motor skills. And building a LEGO set involves following directions so I could see that as a logic skill possibility. And much better than just playing chess.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    In real life, different toys are meant for different ages. This all seams perfectly fine.

Yes. I do not let my youngest play with the little LEGOS. However, my kids also have the Duplo LEGOS meant for kids 1-5 and that is what the ones in the game look like.

• snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    Yes some one older has to build it for them first it took me a while to figure that out one of my parents was childish and she built it when I thought I was just letting her play with it
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y