Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Founders & Friends

NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
I have Sims 3 since it came out and never played a proper legacy yet - so a few days ago I finally gave it a shot. I wanted to add some extra spice though, so I made up a challenge in my head: The two founding sims start in a small world, completely on their own. No other buildings, no other sims. They need not only build a family, but also the town. :)

BtqOEiy.jpg
This is their house. They have not had enough money yet to paint the outside walls. The rest of the neighbourhood is empty, inhabitated only by some wild horses, deer and racoon.

edQi43e.jpg
This is Maike Summer, the foundress. She has a green thumb, is thoughtful and likes to be alone. She also likes collecting things (for now a good way to earn money) and tends a small garden behind the house.

04r3Ev9.jpg
This is Stefan Founder, the founder (lol). He is ambitious and athletic and sometimes a little hot-headed. And he is a werewolf! When Maike first saw him transform she fainted of horror. Normally Stefan has his werewolf transformation under control and has not done severe damage yet when transformed, so Maike can live with it. Having a strong housemate in a deserted neighbourhood isn't the worse, and when on the hunt he finds very valuable things.

6D8hdSa.jpg
One night while hunting for valuables, Stefan got abducted by aliens! But unfortunately, he didn't get pregnant. Bummer, would have been a nice twist. :D

qn2Zf3p.jpg
Slowly, slowly, the two are getting closer. After some inital difficulties and random small disagreements and a rejected first kiss (poor Stefan!), the two finally became a couple. Neither of them is really romantic, but they function well together and do their best to get on well with each other.

a89Yb2H.jpg
One lovely evening, Stefan proposed to Maike in her garden. And she said yes! At that time, she was already pregnant...

s9CcPip.jpg
... so it was no surprise that soon a little girl was born, they called her Stefanie. Maike had actually wished for a boy, but she of course loves her daughter now that she is here. They had saved enough money to furniture most of the house, the next big goal is to buy a lot in the town centre to start building the neighbourhood.
Post edited by Nindl on

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Nindl

A great idea so your 3 world is completely empty even of community rabbitholes? I have never played in a completely empty 3 world before I think my party sims would complain lol plus every time I started trying to play legacies the game would end up borked so my attitude became a little more right now focused and if the game blows up I haven'e lost much-)
    @Rflong7

I adore the Avi you are using at the moment and for some reason have always associated it with you most of all :)
  • WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    Aww, this family is super cute! I look forward to hearing more!
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Can I just say, this is like some Adam and Eve cross Sims Freeplay kind of stuff, lets hope incest doesn't become a thing O_o
    FFCOojX.gif
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @Rflong7
    Thanks a lot! :smiley:
    The neighbourhood is rather small, still rebuilding it is probably expensive and will take quite a while I think. ;)

@SPARKY1922
    Thank you! Yes, it is completely empty. I hope it will function as long as possible. :)

@DragonHarmony
    Thanks a bunch! :blush:

@CitySimmer16
    Lol of course it doesn't - I will move other sims in when the children grow up and need partners, not so sure if townies would be potential partners, they look mostly weird in Sims 3. I wonder what makes you compare it with Freeplay?
    edited June 2017
    @Nindl

I remember what you said about having a thread for 2&3 pics what if any of our little gang who plays 3 as well posts their 3 pics on here leaving the other thread for 2 what do you think? Or because you started the thread you may wants just your own pics on here so whatever works for you best? it's just a suggestion :) not that I can post any right now-)

there is incest in Freeplay? :o

I often wonder why players mention incest I am quite sure most players don't think about it much do they? I don't think the game would actually allow it would it? not sure I have never tried? I have the unmentionable mods in my games and never think about it either because it's more about realism that's all :)
    @SPARKY1922
    Of course, that is a good idea! I would be more than happy if you and the others from our thread would post here as well. :smiley:
    Any idea on how I could rename the thread? :)
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Nindl
    Great pics! Your house looks so nice, I always find it hard to build houses that look appealing and special from the outside. Good job on yours!
    Looking forward to more updates!

@SPARKY1922
    That is a great idea! :smiley:
    I will surely contribute as well as soon as I get my 3 to work with all expansions grrr.
    @Nindl

Trust you to ask that question lol as I suppose in a 2 forum/thread we cannot really name it something about 3 can we? I am not too well clued up on forum etiquette much lol I think as it your thread and you started it with founders what about the 3 founders then it does not sound like a totally 3 thread unless of course you posted this over in the 3 threads did you? I just followed the link and never thought to check.. but really it was your good idea idea to start this so it should defo be something you like first and foremost (and no I am not passing the book-)

@Sally1502

have you not been able to sort anything out with the showtime pack yet? you did check to make sure Origin is showing that you own the pack yes? Also I forgot to mention in my other post that if repair game does not work I have managed to fix problems by uninstalling/reinstalling the base game only rather than having to re-download every expansion pack as well but after these recent Origin updates I am no longer certain you can do that anymore I would hate to give you information that is no longer relevant. Honestly if the pack is showing as owned in Origin I would defo bite the bullet and contact EA by live chat to see if you can get it fixed with the minimum off fuss and while I know players complain about EA I have never not been helped when I have gone on to live chat and asked for it and if I have tried everything I can think of then there really is nothing else left to do. One time my original purchased 3 base game became corrupted for some Reason and the CS found it and just gave me another one I wasn't asked to pay for anything so it maybe one of your packs has become corrupted?

Whatever it is I hope you get it sorted soon :)
    edited June 2017
    @Sally1502
    Thank you very much! :smiley:

@SPARKY1922
    I did post it in the Sims 3 section, so it is a Sims 3 thread. What about "Founders and Friends"? :)
    Post edited by Nindl on
    @Nindl

Yes that sounds really good its great to have somewhere to post pics on for both series as then we can play/post whatever series we feel like playing at the time so win win :)
    @SPARKY1922
    Oh okay, I thought we would use this thread for Sims 3 stuff and the other one for Sims 2 stuff, but I guess this works as well. :)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Nindl Nice founders! I love the house also. This is a interesting challenge you got going. I am super bummed there is no alien baby though... :'(
    @JULES1111
    Thank you! Haha, me too - hopefully next time someone gets abducted there will be an alien baby! :D
    I have another update on the Founders! :)

B79mKJV.jpg
    Here you can see Maike taking Stefanie for a walk. I really like the buggies!

y1iNeY8.jpg
    Stefanie isn't just a cute, innocent toddler though - she is a werewolf! I think it is very cool that she inherited that by her father, but still has her mothers hair. It is awesome that the game also allows toddler supernaturals, not only adults.

QqZvLNd.jpg
    Here she is howling together with her dad. Daddies little werewolf girl. :sweat_smile:

Sk98MRk.jpg
    The founders also had a second baby, this time it is a boy. They called him Ben. I think he is human, as it least it looks like that for now.

fRMPCZj.jpg
    The whole family! Stefan looks like that because he got drenched from the rain btw. :D

And here some pics of the inside of their house:
    FMCn6L4.jpg
    The kitchen

c6ILOCR.jpg
    The living room

5SRPofH.jpg
    The dining room

I went a bit for a 50s style in both the furnishing and a little in the clothing for the sims. I still lack 50s style objects and clothing, there seems to be very little out there.
    Nindl wrote: »
    @SPARKY1922
    Oh okay, I thought we would use this thread for Sims 3 stuff and the other one for Sims 2 stuff, but I guess this works as well. :)

No that's what I meant sorry I am a dizzy head today-)

fantastic pics I love the family you have made and I too love taking babies and toddlers for walks in buggy's in 3-) I think if one parent is a supernatural and the other normal there is a 50/50 chance of the baby growing up to be supernatural too.. that pic of the father and daughter howling together is beyond awesome so so cute..I really like how you have kitted out the different rooms as well :)

@SPARKY1922
    Oh, okay! :)
    Thank you! :grin:
    I think that compared to Sims 2 handling babies is very easy in Sims 3. :o
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    @Nindl Sims Freeplay starts off as an empty town and you make sims to fill it up, similar to what you're doing ;)
    FFCOojX.gif
    @CitySimmer16
    Okay, I see, thanks for clarifying that. I only played Freeplay for a few minutes after I uninstalled it again. I guess mobile phone games aren't my cup of tea. :)
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @SPARKY1922
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help. :smiley:
    Yes, it shows that I own the packs. I will see what I can do, I really wanna be able to play 3 again.

@Nindl
    Such a nice update! Love the kitchen. :grin:
    I really like the pic where she howls with her dad, I didn't know that's possible, that is very cool.
    @Sally1502
    Thank you! :grin:
    Hope you get your game to work soon. :)
    edited June 2017
    @Sally1502

OMG after all that hard work decorating 2 whole sims 2 hoods I suddenly wanted to play 3 again after downloading rflong7's world so I hope you mange to resolve your problem and you are able to play again :)

@Nindl

did you say you started a new custom world for your founders? Today I have been going through my sky water/water mods for 3 and then started looking at ways to change world terrain because in 3 that's not as simple to do as in 2 unless CAW is used and I am no good at that. Anyway to get to the point because you are using a world where you stated 50 era I have found a few mods while surfing today enabling a road terrain change to remove new roads if you want to play medieval or similar. Apparently if used in Dragon valley it will also change the terrain to look older in a few other older EA worlds and I thought you may find it interesting so have provided a link.

https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.com/2014/08/07/mod-3-mods-that-will-change-your-world/

There are also fantasy style moon, stars, and clouds overrides for supernatural worlds that may fir with your game play style

http://wasset-aseskara.tumblr.com/post/151025253736/enchanted-environment-sky-mod-replaces-sun-sun

EDIT:for the clouds mod you need to turn advanced rendering on in the game for them to show I have not tried them yet but I am going to :)
    @SPARKY1922
    Wow, thanks for the links! ;)
    Hope to soon see pics of your Sims 3 game. :)