Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's All Vanilla [Updated: 7/13/17]

orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
Okay, after asking about it, I decided to go ahead and push out my ISBI/Eco Existence Blog. This is a fun little blog I will be working on the side of Second Chances. It won't be updated as frequent. All my chapters will be short, and very friendly. There is no adult content warning, but there might some adult context. No swearing, though.

Anyway, check out the home page while you visit, and read up on what this Legacy is about and how I am really challenging myself.

header2.png?w=800

Generation 1:

about-jeremy-vanilla.png?w=611

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Post edited by orangeplumbob on

Comments

• orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Okay, before I head off to bed, I figure I give you all an extra chapter. Tomorrow I am probably going to release a few as well as play some more. I am having a blast writing Jeremy.

chapter-2.png?w=611

• WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Lover WitcHazard: Another cutie huh you're trying steal my heart with this guys hunkyness aren't you and it's working! ;)

Nooboos WitcHazard: Yeah legacy means more nooboos! Eeeeeeeppppp! <3
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Finally a relateable founder. I too am not over Jackson Day's death!

Jeremy's taking things so positively but I'm expecting a change when his apples run out. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Bookmarked!!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    LOL!

Love his voice!!!!!!!! Great start! (And I agree...he should have saved his money rather than going to see Jackson Day that one last time...Jackson would have agreed with him, too..)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Jeremy looks like a sweetie. And I'm envious that you're able to get his freckles to show up in a screenshot. Yeah, Jeremy Appleseed, we're all sad about Jackson Day.
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Lover WitcHazard: Another cutie huh you're trying steal my heart with this guys hunkyness aren't you and it's working! ;)

Nooboos WitcHazard: Yeah legacy means more nooboos! Eeeeeeeppppp! <3

Hahaha, Lover. Don't you know that's my master plan... And Nooboos, slooooow down, girl. He still has a long way to a family. Love the optimism though!
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Finally a relateable founder. I too am not over Jackson Day's death!

Jeremy's taking things so positively but I'm expecting a change when his apples run out. :p

Sooo, bad guys in prison aren't relatable? :p Jeremy is fun to write as much as he is to read. We'll see what happens if our dear Johnny Appleseed can make something of his apple.

And yeah, I don't think anyone is over Jackson's death.
    LOL!

Love his voice!!!!!!!! Great start! (And I agree...he should have saved his money rather than going to see Jackson Day that one last time...Jackson would have agreed with him, too..)

But...but Llama Kings. And his voice is so fun and refreshing to write.
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Jeremy looks like a sweetie. And I'm envious that you're able to get his freckles to show up in a screenshot. Yeah, Jeremy Appleseed, we're all sad about Jackson Day.

He's adorable. I am so used to my dark and handsome Elijah, that it's really refreshing to play Jeremy. He's dorkably handsome, me thinks.

New Update:
    chapter-31.png?w=611

So, I will probably update 2 chapters a day for a bit until I run out of photos. They are quick reads. I'm trying to keep the chapters short and sweet. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

chapter-4.png?w=611
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    I love this! I don't know if I can explain it properly but it is the reading equivalent of drinking something straight from the fridge on a hot summer day. Cooling and refreshing. I love that your chapters are so short and sweet! Also loving Second Chances, I think it speaks a lot for you as a writer that you can do both: Suspense and Light-heartedness. I also love the title and he is so adorkably cute *__*
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    I love this! I don't know if I can explain it properly but it is the reading equivalent of drinking something straight from the fridge on a hot summer day. Cooling and refreshing. I love that your chapters are so short and sweet! Also loving Second Chances, I think it speaks a lot for you as a writer that you can do both: Suspense and Light-heartedness. I also love the title and he is so adorkably cute *__*

Wow, that's an awesome compliment to get...thank you so much. I really love writing a different style. I am usually more into the drama/suspense of writing, but this is really fun to write. And the short chapters are also refreshing for me. I usually loooove to write long chapters. I can write almost 1k words in 20 minutes, so writing short little spurts of chapters is a challenge of it's own. I'm sure there will be longer chapters later, but right now I am enjoying the shortness.

As for the title (and Jeremy's name) that was my husband's doing. He kept telling me that I should name him Vanilla. He's the one that kind of convinced me to do this. And the last couple of days he's just sat next to me and watched me play...and today he installed Sims 4 on his computer and we just played together.
    Latest update!
    chapter-5.png?w=611

A little author's note for after you read:
    So, Siobhan is a random (I think) generated Sim. That or was one that came with one of the packs. Anyway, I kept bouncing with the idea I should change her name due to "Knight and Day." However, I decided to stay true to the game and the story it is taking me on. So, hopefully @pammiechick won't mind...or any of my readers. I just want to be perfectly clear, I didn't steal the name, the game did. :p

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited June 2017
    Siobhan is actually one of the pre-mades who lives in Windenburg :) She is so gorgeous! Glad Jeremy got to meet her ;) I am still crushing on him so hard. If things don't work out with her, my simself is always an option, just sayin' :tongue: (kidding!)
    snvAF3B.png
    Siobhan is actually one of the pre-mades who lives in Windenburg :) She is so gorgeous! Glad Jeremy got to meet her ;) I am still crushing on him so hard. If things don't work out with her, my simself is always an option, just sayin' :tongue: (kidding!)
    Thanks for clearing that up. I moved out all the families when I redid all the neighborhoods, and updated them for all the different lots that have been added since base. My hoods are all gallery finds now. (I even saved it before I started the game so I have a clean save). So, I wasn't sure which family went where, and then when I met her I couldn't be sure if she was random or from a family that came with the game.
    I'm enjoying all the updates! Keep it up!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I'm enjoying all the updates! Keep it up!!

Thanks, Pammie! I'm glad. I'm enjoying this as much as everyone is reading it. It's really refreshing not having to pose or get the perfect shot for a story. Though, I do miss some CC (like k-hippie's terrain, the no-blur, and the one more slot please mod.)

And because of your comment Pammie, I have another chapter for you today!

chapter-6.png?w=611

Also an in-game update on my progress if you want to know:
    For the Eco Exsistence challenge, I am up to Stage 2. Jeremy has managed to gather up 50K worth of funds. I have about 100-200 pictures still to go through before you see the progress and the house I've built for him.
    Yay! Lol! Sims....where they're ready to get married after one meeting! Love it!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Yay! Lol! Sims....where they're ready to get married after one meeting! Love it!!!

He certainly is, but I am also following some rules. He can't get married until he reaches Stage 2 in the Eco challenge, AND has to have a Charisma level 3. So, it's still going to be a while.

He certainly is, but I am also following some rules. He can't get married until he reaches Stage 2 in the Eco challenge, AND has to have a Charisma level 3. So, it's still going to be a while.

Lol! Ok...just love at first sight then...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Haha! New update!!!

chapter-7.png?w=611
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Great chapter! I love Siobhan, she is absolutely stunning. I really like how you portray her. In the original game, her mother is the leader of the club that does gardening while she is the leader of the club who's all about appearances, trying on clothes etc. Somehow I always imagined her to be a gardening-geek but kind of suppressing that side to seem "cool" and be liked by others, so her reacting to the plant was a delight for me and my weird brain especially. :) Also Mr Vanilla gets more handsome with every shot. *swoons*
    DAAAAANGEROUS cowplant...

You will grow tired of it. You'll have to watch your sims 24-7. But it's fun to play with--especially for story purposes...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Lover WitcHazard : Don't get eaten sweetie! Otherwise you'll never get to embrace Siobhan!
    edited June 2017
    Woot, another Vanilla Chapter!!!

chapter-8.png?w=611

Also, look at that smexy couple. They are so adorable. I love this EA-made sim.

Next Chapter...
    chapter-9.png?w=600