SEPTEMBER 12 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4, see what issues were fixed.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Thread for New Members to post Sims Mobile questions

rosemowrosemow Posts: 113,531 Member
edited September 15 in Bugs and Issues
Hello everyone :)
New Members are unable to start new threads . You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

This thread is for New Members to post their The Sims Mobile bugs and issues because they are unable to start their own thread.

Edit by EA_Mage: For New Member bug reporting, please see this thread.
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Comments

• dropdeadmelissadropdeadmelissa Posts: 22 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you once again for starting this thread for us newer members! :) Hopefully it will encourage other newer members like myself to discuss bugs in The Sims Mobile that may have not been posted yet. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to talk about some of the weird and wacky bugs that are in this game so far. ;)
    I'll start this off with a few of my own. I'm currently level 25, half way to 26. The bugs I've noticed so far that aren't mentioned in the bugs forums yet for The Sims Mobile:

. Parties: I have been only able to start my first party. I have tried twice since my first time and I have received network error messages both times. I also noticed that after the first time it bugged out, I have no more NPC sims walking in front of my home and it has been that way for over a week now. Each time I tried to start a gold wedding event it bugged out each time, it also took the required coins and tokens and reset to almost 6 days until I can have another party. This happened to me again today so it's a little upsetting but will keep trying different parties because I have seen some people still be able to create the party I have been trying to create and other parties on a Facebook group I'm in. I'm currently waiting another 5 days but no more NPC sims walking in front of my home.

. Accepting friend request/favourite sim requests: I have received similar error messages for trying to accept requests from someone that I may have already sent them and they've accepted. Workaround for now is to check to make sure they are in your friends list and then click not now on the request.

.Heirloom quests: Some of my heirloom quests won't disappear. I have two, 'Orb of Revelry' and 'Hail to the Chef' quests. I have completed placing them and activated them but these two quests never completed. I should also point out that that I've received both of these heirlooms twice, I sold the one chef hat heirloom but still have both orb of revelries.

. Life goals: I find it weird that you can complete most life goals for certain careers at level 1. I have noticed this with the law, DJ and I think business career. It forces me to switch careers very quickly and not be able to progress through the career normally because I rather complete more life goals. Not to mention you get easy XP and coins or tokens ;) I have also noticed hobby life goals are doing something similar or sometimes the quest action doesn't show up at all until you are a higher level instead of showing up as a locked action. The 'Hold your first baby' life goal can be completed with any baby and it doesn't have to be your first, not a bad bug just the text is confusing.

. Animations: Some of the animations are very strange. List includes: Sims will sometimes stick out of beds, toddlers sink into toddler bed (you can also choose an adult sim and the animation is even funnier looking), in the culinary career the assistant chef sometimes has a bowl stuck to their feet and slides with them as they walk, when using the kitchen island my sim will usually use the sink instead but then will use the kitchen island during the cooking hobby when supposed to be using the cutting board, sims don't "make out" they just talk instead (other various relationship actions will be talking), when using the tv your sim will perform the animation wherever they are standing sometimes, when putting away a plate of food if the sim hasn't completed the action they will forever hold their arm out like they're still holding the plate, the 3 star guitar looks like there are two of them while playing it, sims are able to play video games before unlocking the video game console as a relationship action during an event, sometimes sims shower with clothes on.

. House: The exterior wallpaper to my house disappears randomly sometimes. Windows and doors are sometimes overlapped by the wallpaper but you can workaround this by rotating them. This has already been mentioned but I want to stress this the indoor build limit is frustrating to deal with and I reached it at level 15 and I'm level 25 now. Haven't boughten any new items recently because of it so I currently have 10k coins and don't know what to do with them lol.

. NPC sims: I've noticed that the generations of the NPCs to be a little unbalanced. There are so many elders walking around so it's hard to find young adult sims for my playable sims to get married to :P

That's all on the top of my head for now. Sorry for such a long post xD
  • CystiaCystia Posts: 13 New Member
    Why sometime I can't call in some sims who I have relationships with, just no respond clicking the socialize button, some of them are npcs and some are real players and they shouldn't be dead at that moment....
  • DarthBeccaMooDarthBeccaMoo Posts: 13 New Member
    So all of my build and families have been wiped. What the heck happened? We are talking mansions created by me that took weeks and generations of families...just gone! I'm in tears!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 113,531 Member
    So all of my build and families have been wiped. What the heck happened? We are talking mansions created by me that took weeks and generations of families...just gone! I'm in tears!

Hello @DarthBeccaMoo.
    I am just checking, This thread is in the Sims Mobile section of the forums. Are you playing the Sims mobile? If you aren't, it would be best to post on of these other threads.
    Sims 3 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest
    > @Cystia said:
    > Why sometime I can't call in some sims who I have relationships with, just no respond clicking the socialize button, some of them are npcs and some are real players and they shouldn't be dead at that moment....

Can anyone help me? This is the 3rd day and the problem persists. I tried to clean the cache but still...
    Cystia wrote: »
    > @Cystia said:
    > Why sometime I can't call in some sims who I have relationships with, just no respond clicking the socialize button, some of them are npcs and some are real players and they shouldn't be dead at that moment....

Can anyone help me? This is the 3rd day and the problem persists. I tried to clean the cache but still...

Hello
    I am just checking. Are you playing the Sims Mobile or another version of the game?
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 23 New Member
    I recently formatted my phone and reinstalled the sims mobile and got the backup saved in the cloud, however now I'm out of notifications on the app so there are no options to resolve this at the moment through the game menu or the iOS notification system.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Cystia wrote: »
    >
    > > @Cystia said:
    > > Why sometime I can't call in some sims who I have relationships with, just no respond clicking the socialize button, some of them are npcs and some are real players and they shouldn't be dead at that moment....
    >
    > Can anyone help me? This is the 3rd day and the problem persists. I tried to clean the cache but still...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am just checking. Are you playing the Sims Mobile or another version of the game?

I am playing the Sims Mobile
    > @rosemow said:
    > Cystia wrote: »
    >
    > > @Cystia said:
    > > Why sometime I can't call in some sims who I have relationships with, just no respond clicking the socialize button, some of them are npcs and some are real players and they shouldn't be dead at that moment....
    >
    > Can anyone help me? This is the 3rd day and the problem persists. I tried to clean the cache but still...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am just checking. Are you playing the Sims Mobile or another version of the game?

I am playing the Sims Mobile

I am sorry but I am unable to assist you because I cant access the SimsMobile yet.
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 65 Member
    > @Cystia said:

I am experiencing this issue occasionally but it usually resolves by itself. If you get a pop-up that a sim is in a different location and won't show up I try traveling there with my sim and try interacting with them, after that they usually show up in my home lot. If you get a gray icon that should mean the sims is genuinely retired. I think townies age up a bit faster than my sims and for your neighbors sims; perhaps they retired their sims early? I know I have done that a few times now :D
    I keep having an issue when I put my 4th and last sim to sleep, the sim will go to bed and the timer starts but when I re-open the app up later that sim that I put to sleep last, never went to bed, standing instead and isn't fully energized. This is starting to become frustrating because it happens quite often and I expect to use 4 fully energized sims, not 3.

Can we get an option added to stop the camera from zooming in automatically on selecting items, starting a party, and finishing daily goals? I like playing the sims at a certain zoomed out state so I can see everything and I find it very annoying when it keeps zooming in on everything I click and then I have to zoom back out to click something else that might be on the other side of my house or work.

I'm about to start generation 4 and starting to notice NPC sims generally look the same, in terms of clothes and body type. Needs to be more unique. Here are the list of builds that I keep seeing over and over again:
    . Girl Sim - Slightly athletic body type, Bella's outfit
    . Girl Sim - Very athletic body type, black tank top that doesn't cover belly, black pants, red ballet flats.
    . Girl Sim - Normal body type, White and blue long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, brown tall boots.
    . Boy Sim - Chubby body type, light blue long sleeved shirt, army shorts, beige Toms.
    . Boy Sim - Very athletic body type, red long shirt, faded light-blue rolled up jeans, white Toms.
    . Boy Sim - Normal body type, green long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, black shoes.
    . Boy Sim - Slightly athletic body type, red shirt with leather jacket, black jeans, black shoes.
    Just installed the new update and I'm experiencing a couple of new bugs.

I've noticed you guys were playing with colour swatches in this update, that's great but in doing so you have removed colour swatches I was using and some items look really ugly now. The lantern with the candle in it used be a pretty white colour and I believe it had a couple of swatches, those are all gone and it's an ugly bright red. The wall planter that is a reward for the medical career, the box for it is now an ugly green color with a little bit of red on the one end. The panda with the umbrella light used to have swatches (I was using the one with the blue umbrella) those are all gone and I'm defaulted to a purple umbrella. I wish I could show pictures of these items but I'm still a new member.

What is the point of an heirloom shelf if each heirloom you put on it still counts to the build limit? Such a pointless item when I've been maxed out for the build limit since lvl 15.

I'm still going through the new update and will give more bugs feedback if I experience anything else.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 4,882 Member
    I recently formatted my phone and reinstalled the sims mobile and got the backup saved in the cloud, however now I'm out of notifications on the app so there are no options to resolve this at the moment through the game menu or the iOS notification system.
    Resolve what? You need to explain your problem better. Have you reinstalled the cloud backup on your phone? If so what happens when you open the game?
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 65 Member
    Just installed the new update and I'm experiencing a couple of new bugs.

I've noticed you guys were playing with colour swatches in this update, that's great but in doing so you have removed colour swatches I was using and some items look really ugly now. The lantern with the candle in it used be a pretty white colour and I believe it had a couple of swatches, those are all gone and it's an ugly bright red. The wall planter that is a reward for the medical career, the box for it is now an ugly green color with a little bit of red on the one end. The panda with the umbrella light used to have swatches (I was using the one with the blue umbrella) those are all gone and I'm defaulted to a purple umbrella. I wish I could show pictures of these items but I'm still a new member.

What is the point of an heirloom shelf if each heirloom you put on it still counts to the build limit? Such a pointless item when I've been maxed out for the build limit since lvl 15.

I'm still going through the new update and will give more bugs feedback if I experience anything else.

the poster that comes with the medical career also looks weird
    727qxf.jpg 29g5tx.jpg 2urupw3.jpg
    > @BlackandWhiteBunny said:
    >
    > the poster that comes with the medical career also looks weird (Spoiler)

I noticed that one too after making my last post. Thank you for posting pictures of the items that are broken :)

I'd also like to mention in the new update, parties are still broken and no NPC sims walking in front of home because of it. Just tried for my 3rd time since my first party like 3 weeks ago and it failed with a network error again. I also lost 80 party tokens from it!!! That was a lot more tokens than the last few times, why did you guys make parties so expensive now? :( Fix this immediately and I hope we can get free parties and free party tokens to make up for this. Really discouraged to keep playing now :\ Going back to Sims 4 to try out parenthood until parties are fixed or when it officially releases.
    I've been playing the new update for TSM a little bit in between trying out the parenthood pack for sims 4. I noticed some new bugs that I didn't experience until the new update. It looks like the jobs in the downtown area have no lighting anymore, it's very dark now xD

Also in the new update for TSM my game crashes when trying to change accessories, especially the bracelets. I tried using the new gold and black bracelet that was added in this update and it added it but then the app crashes when I try and remove it. I can also add another bracelet if I have that one on and now if I try removing either of them the app crashes. It sometimes crashes when adding a necklace or earrings.
    I installed the Patch 2 and now my illuminations in downtown are all gone. Quite hard to see when carrying out job event in that area....would you pls fix the problem?
    I was finally able to have my second party in the newest update, no NPCs walking in front of my home still but I'm happy I was able to start a party. But then I had another issue arise :(

I started a bronze concert party early in the day, had people join it and we were all having a blast and then I was busy the rest of the day. I came back to the party maybe 12 hours later and I got an error when I first loaded up the game saying "The party you are trying to attend is full" but I just loaded the game up and wasn't joining parties. Because of this error I had no party anymore, it completely disappeared and I got no rewards, not sure if my guests got rewards either. I guess too many people on my friend's list joined my party and for some reason I'm counted as a guest for my own party? It's a huge bummer that I lost out on another party but at least I was able to have one for a short amount of time? xD
  • anna1009anna1009 Posts: 5 New Member
    Been playing the game for quite sometime now and as a fan of this game, here are my feedback:
    1. The Animation
    The sim's animation is a bit off. Before the recent update, the "make out" action only animated two sims talking. Other animation that seems "off" also could be find in the career interaction. [b]The command is very different than the sims action[/b]. For example in culinary career, there's a command to do something with the nectar rack, but the sims is laughing instead. Also, the cuddle on the sofa command do not potray the action.
    2. The Genetic Line
    I have two white couple sims having black babies. I dont know whos cheating who
    Please consider to add family tree line feature in the game so player can trace the genetic line of their sims. My sims produce so many babies, I dont know whom siblings with whom. And I dont want any incest relationship.

3. Toddler & Kids
    I'm wondering why bother buying kids and especially toddler their furniture, since they have a very short childhood time!

4. The 1 to 3 star objects
    Like the traditional sims rule, can we sell the object that we no longer use? Since we will use the 3-star object anyway, it is better if we could sell the 1&2-star object. My inventory is full!

5. Emotion
    Please add the emotion feature also! How can a daughter or son sims is faceless and heartless when the parents retire(dead)? They should mourn!

6. Time, Wheater, Season
    It is perfect if the time, wheater and season are present in the game. How can the Downtown is the only forever night area?? And why are we playing in forever daylight? Because this is life simulation game, please make it more closer to real time experience.

7. Teenage
    Dont you know that teenage life phase is the most important of all?? Just too bad that you deciding to eliminate this aspect..

8. Other Feature
    Pets, school life, university life... these features make The Sims more alive. Please consider to add it in the next update!

9. REMOVE INDOOR OBJECT LIMITATION
    The Sims has many wish for stuff also all the house furniture needs lots of other object in order to be used. SO WHY YOU LIMIT US TO PUT OBJECT AND DECORATE OUR HOUSE??!
    PLEASE, REMOVE the limitation rule. LET US FREELY DECORATE OUR OWN HOUSE.

10. The Double Bed
    The double bed is a single bed after all. It is only good for woohoo. How can a married couple cannot sleep together??!

11. After recent update, the inbox deliver message with incomplete information or even with nothing written in the message. It says "(blank) has reach bla bla bla with (blank) sims".

12. Honestly, the 4-hour events such is useless and boring. Please consider to remove it from the game or make it more attractive to play.

13. Other "OFF" things
    - watching TV standing up and sims just starting execute the command eventhough they are standing at nowhere!
    - the co-worker at culinary career has a bowl on their feet.
    - why the sims eating while standing??
    - the command to use the kitchen island is to wash their hands at a sink??
    14. The Multiplayer
    I have many friends now, and I also sent many friend request. But become friends with other player is useless because there are zero interaction within them, unless they throw parties, players cant interact with each other. Be better if we could visit their house!
  • DanninicoleDanninicole Posts: 32 Member
    So ive experienced a few of the other bugs people have mentioned but the heirlooms are my biggest issue. Like some one else said i cant get rid of a few of the quests and i have 2 of the same quest.

When one of my sims retired, it said she was leaving Lydsays Simoleon Charm but i got Bankers Bounty instead. Lyndsays says i own it and the picture of it shows up normal in the heirloom menu and says it was left by the specific sim. Bankers bounty shows the outline of the charm in gray and just says discovered. No idea why this happened.
  • devil_woman_24devil_woman_24 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, everyone. So I downloaded the game and everything started to work great, but then one time I opened the game and it went in slow motion. Is very annoying to play like that. I tried cleaning the cache and moving it from the SD to the internal storage, but nothing. Help?
  • aeriajelaeriajel Posts: 3 New Member
    Is anybody here figured out the mischievous life goals? I badly needed the mischief tokens for alarm clock