Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Does Not Track Hours Played

I play on a Mac. My hours played has said: "251 hours Last Played: January 2016" and that's completely false. I've had this issue for a while but it's really bugging me. My "show origin after gameplay" is on, so it isn't that. How do I fix it?

Comments

• ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    I play on Mac and have this problem too.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Same.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Same here. Stopped tracking 10/21/2016 , also Mac. Same thing for my children with their mac computers and separate origin accounts.
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I have this problem too. Started using origin in December 2016. Never traked how long i played drives me crazy. It only showed me once. I'm gonna contact @eahelp on twitter.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • hollymakesawishhollymakesawish Posts: 40 Member
    I have this problem too. Started using origin in December 2016. Never traked how long i played drives me crazy. It only showed me once. I'm gonna contact @eahelp on twitter.

Let me know what they say!
  • link4566link4566 Posts: 59 Member
    I play on Mac and mine has stopped tracking for a while as well :( hoping someone finds a fix eventually
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Mine says the last time I played was 2015. I believe the "feature" was turned off for everyone (Windows players too) as it may have interfered with the game itself.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I cannot believe that this is such a problem, I'm sorry. It doesn't affect gameplay in any way and has absolutely no bearing on how the game performs. It's a complete non-issue and I hope EA concentrate on more serious problems for Mac players than this. Why on earth does it matter if you don't know how many hours you played for or when the last time you played was? This was never available for any previous Sims game. Maybe they should take the feature out completely?

If this is the worst thing to moan about with your game (it's actually an Origin problem) then be thankful you're not experiencing some of the major issues that others are facing who aren't actually able to play at all.
    apple-signature.png
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    When did we say it was the Worst Thing Ever? It's just annoying.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I have this too. Since 2015 even.

I remember it being fixed, although for brief moment. Here's to hoping for a permanent fix.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Mine says 77 hours last updated in December 2015, maybe it's not a bad thing, I don't think I want to know how much of my life I have spent playing :blush:
  • RDaanRDaan Posts: 88 Member
    I got the same problem, last played in august 2016
  • justsayEllenjustsayEllen Posts: 7 New Member
    I got the same problem! Last played july 2016.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    Last played says October. I guess they don't care to fix it at this point
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    It's annoying. I wish they could allow us to just reset hours played . I want to know how many hours I wasted.
  • hellbunny123hellbunny123 Posts: 52 Member
    Yeah mine says I've played 0 hours... That's obviously a lie...! haha
  • JunoSimsJunoSims Posts: 74 Member
    Huh, didn't realize that was a Mac issue! Personally, I'm happy with Origin not accurately recording how many hours I play on the Sims....really don't wanna see how many hours of my life I've waste-*ahem, I mean enjoyably spent :)
    294i51u.jpg
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    Since it was initially released for Windows only, I bootcamped my Mac (yeah, I was desperate). I have never really bothered to check the time played statistics until recently, and first noticed the Hours played obviously didn't update after (ahem loooong) sessions, then I checked the Last played and the date is February 16, 2015 - the day before it was released for Mac, so obviously it's a Mac problem. However I'm guessing it's a Origin problem that hopefully, one day, might be fixed..... I hope the Gurus/developers reading might give them a shove soon.
    I'm not saying it's a problem that prevents me from enjoying the game, but it is quite annoying when a function just won't work properly - is it too much to ask that they fix it soon?
  • hollymakesawishhollymakesawish Posts: 40 Member
    This is another reason Steam > Origin.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    JunoSims wrote: »
    Huh, didn't realize that was a Mac issue! Personally, I'm happy with Origin not accurately recording how many hours I play on the Sims....really don't wanna see how many hours of my life I've waste-*ahem, I mean enjoyably spent :)

@JunoSims it's not just macs. I have a regular pc and it's happening with mine.
  • buydebugbuydebug Posts: 197 Member
    When I am looking at the game in my Origin list it says I have 600+ hours logged but I only just got the achievement for playing 100 hours.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I'm a Windows user and mine logs correctly.
    buydebug wrote: »
    When I am looking at the game in my Origin list it says I have 600+ hours logged but I only just got the achievement for playing 100 hours.

That achievement is for "in game" hours for that particular save, not total hours.
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Mine doesn't track, something I'm thankful for as my mom would probably have a heart attack if she knew how many hours I actually played.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • SarahpassionSarahpassion Posts: 5 New Member
    It seems like everyone is having this problem that it didn't carry over into 2017. I bought the sims 4 and just started Origin in Novemeber 2016 and it only remembers the date from the trial version. I bought it early for Christmas, and it says i've played less than an hour. I wish there was a way to fix this!!
  • SarahpassionSarahpassion Posts: 5 New Member
    Btw, it was for Christmas LAST year. I've played like +1094 hours. but i always get the achievement for playing 1 hour or 5 hours and it says 'last played 12th November 2016' which is a lie!