Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood bugs

Comments

• RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Romzarah wrote: »
    >
    > Ok.. Got something here you may be able to help with.. I have been working on this family with the super brainy little girl that just finished her Social Butterfly Aspiration.. Well she has an older sister that is now a YA.. I was just having her help with homework, as if the kid needs help..lol, I seen that the YA does have a button in chat for parenting but none in her skills sheet.. Even after helping with homework and putting her to bed, the YA has not gained the skill.. Is this something Maxis forgot, you would think a older sister could gain the skill helping with the kids.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I think that the parenting skill is only for the parents, not for older siblings.

If that is so, then the Game should not be giving calls to the non parent household sims for teachable things all the time.. Her older sister gets the calls from school and all she has is one option with no info as to how messed up the advice will be on the child.. And her boyfriend get the ask advice thing when the kid is home.. and he has no parenting skills ether..
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Romzarah wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Romzarah wrote: »
    >
    > Ok.. Got something here you may be able to help with.. I have been working on this family with the super brainy little girl that just finished her Social Butterfly Aspiration.. Well she has an older sister that is now a YA.. I was just having her help with homework, as if the kid needs help..lol, I seen that the YA does have a button in chat for parenting but none in her skills sheet.. Even after helping with homework and putting her to bed, the YA has not gained the skill.. Is this something Maxis forgot, you would think a older sister could gain the skill helping with the kids.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I think that the parenting skill is only for the parents, not for older siblings.

If that is so, then the Game should not be giving calls to the non parent household sims for teachable things all the time.. Her older sister gets the calls from school and all she has is one option with no info as to how messed up the advice will be on the child.. And her boyfriend get the ask advice thing when the kid is home.. and he has no parenting skills ether..

Hello
    I thought that the parenting skill was just for parents but I may be wrong.
    Hello

She does have a tab in chat for parenting..
    Just can't gain skill points for anything..
    edited June 2017
    Hello

She does have a tab in chat for parenting..

You may like to start a thread and post on the AHQ EA site about what is happening in your game. They will be able to tell you if it by design or not.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Cheyno3Cheyno3 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a problem with my sims game since I've bought parenthood. Whenever my child sim asks for advice, I click the option on the dialogue box to close it but it won't close. I've tried repairing the game and I've also looked to see if my game is up to date and it's fine. Does anyone have any ideas about what else I can do?? Totally at a loss and I'm just having to force close my game without saving every time it happens :(
    Cheyno3 wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with my sims game since I've bought parenthood. Whenever my child sim asks for advice, I click the option on the dialogue box to close it but it won't close. I've tried repairing the game and I've also looked to see if my game is up to date and it's fine. Does anyone have any ideas about what else I can do?? Totally at a loss and I'm just having to force close my game without saving every time it happens :(

Hello @Cheyno3
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issue remains, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Her sister can't, but her boy friend who is a move in can gain skill for teaching her.. He is not even part of the family.
    Her sister can't, but her boy friend who is a move in can gain skill for teaching her.. He is not even part of the family.
    It is helpful having the feedback on what is occurring in your game.
  • ilikepie203ilikepie203 Posts: 19 New Member
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but my game is being very weird. All of my teen-toddler sims' character values are pulsating from red to green, and the value names and icons have disappeared. I already repaired my game, but no luck. I think it just happened in the past few days. And if I am on a teen-toddler sim's simology, and then go to an adult sim, it keeps the previous sim's simology on that adult sim. I am not sure what to do. Help please!!!
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    The wood surround on the fridge doesnt match the counter set that goes with it, nor does the sofa match the loveseat. :'(
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • ilikepie203ilikepie203 Posts: 19 New Member
    > @ilikepie203 said:
    > Sorry if this has already been asked, but my game is being very weird. All of my teen-toddler sims' character values are pulsating from red to green, and the value names and icons have disappeared. I already repaired my game, but no luck. I think it just happened in the past few days. And if I am on a teen-toddler sim's simology, and then go to an adult sim, it keeps the previous sim's simology on that adult sim. I am not sure what to do. Help please!!!

Now it ALSO seems that my moodlets aren't working either. They are just weird squares. I also can't change sims.
    > @ilikepie203 said:
    > Sorry if this has already been asked, but my game is being very weird. All of my teen-toddler sims' character values are pulsating from red to green, and the value names and icons have disappeared. I already repaired my game, but no luck. I think it just happened in the past few days. And if I am on a teen-toddler sim's simology, and then go to an adult sim, it keeps the previous sim's simology on that adult sim. I am not sure what to do. Help please!!!

Now it ALSO seems that my moodlets aren't working either. They are just weird squares. I also can't change sims.

Hello @ilikepie203

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • jillianx3leajillianx3lea Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't know if this has been addressed but I am having a few issues since I downloaded Parenthood today...
    -When my sim first tried going to work, they came home halfway though the day and no longer had a career, even though it stated they were still at work. I ended up having to restart
    -Whenever any of my Sim's leave their lot - whether its career or a community lot - all of their skills are cleared, and their Job progresses goes back to not having a job
    -I get an error code when I try to save my game
    I don't know if this has been addressed but I am having a few issues since I downloaded Parenthood today...
    -When my sim first tried going to work, they came home halfway though the day and no longer had a career, even though it stated they were still at work. I ended up having to restart
    -Whenever any of my Sim's leave their lot - whether its career or a community lot - all of their skills are cleared, and their Job progresses goes back to not having a job
    -I get an error code when I try to save my game

Hello @jillianx3lea
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

With the error code when trying to save your game, try having your sims travel to another lot or to manage worlds and see if you can save the game there.
    It may be that the game will make any adult in the household deal with the school calls if that sim is the one you are running at the time of the call.. (IE mom writing a book, sister watching funny vids), and in this case a non related move in sim adult that got the call.. Maybe others have noted that the sim in focus is the one that has to handle the call.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    By the way.. adding the 2 new kid sims made the game start spawning new townie kids as well.

Something you can try as well, play another household for a little bit, click on adoption and choose child, the game will generate a few children to choose from, the children you don't adopt will now be in your unplayed households along with their adopted parents.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• mni104mni104 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have a household of 7 sims. Two of them elders, one that just successfully became a young adult, one that just successfully became a teen and 3 other teens. The oldest of those should become a young adult now, and earn all new positive traits from parenthood (lots of work). I have the cake, she buys the candles, makes a wish or blows the candles, no matter, I've tried everything, it freezes for a few seconds middle turn with sparks in the air and then, the age counter just goes to young adult, no popping windows with a trait space, not one of the new positive parenthood traits on her simology. What's up with that? I tried repairing the game and I have no mods at all.
    mni104 wrote: »
    I have a household of 7 sims. Two of them elders, one that just successfully became a young adult, one that just successfully became a teen and 3 other teens. The oldest of those should become a young adult now, and earn all new positive traits from parenthood (lots of work). I have the cake, she buys the candles, makes a wish or blows the candles, no matter, I've tried everything, it freezes for a few seconds middle turn with sparks in the air and then, the age counter just goes to young adult, no popping windows with a trait space, not one of the new positive parenthood traits on her simology. What's up with that? I tried repairing the game and I have no mods at all.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    If the issue remains, you can manually give the traits to the sim, using cheats
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/parentcheats
    > @rosemow said:
    > mni104 wrote: »
    >
    > I have a household of 7 sims. Two of them elders, one that just successfully became a young adult, one that just successfully became a teen and 3 other teens. The oldest of those should become a young adult now, and earn all new positive traits from parenthood (lots of work). I have the cake, she buys the candles, makes a wish or blows the candles, no matter, I've tried everything, it freezes for a few seconds middle turn with sparks in the air and then, the age counter just goes to young adult, no popping windows with a trait space, not one of the new positive parenthood traits on her simology. What's up with that? I tried repairing the game and I have no mods at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    > If the issue remains, you can manually give the traits to the sim, using cheats
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/parentcheats

The reset didn't work either... Had to give her the traits manually using cheats which I hate... Is EA working on a patch for this?
    > @rosemow said:
    > mni104 wrote: »
    >
    > I have a household of 7 sims. Two of them elders, one that just successfully became a young adult, one that just successfully became a teen and 3 other teens. The oldest of those should become a young adult now, and earn all new positive traits from parenthood (lots of work). I have the cake, she buys the candles, makes a wish or blows the candles, no matter, I've tried everything, it freezes for a few seconds middle turn with sparks in the air and then, the age counter just goes to young adult, no popping windows with a trait space, not one of the new positive parenthood traits on her simology. What's up with that? I tried repairing the game and I have no mods at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    > If the issue remains, you can manually give the traits to the sim, using cheats
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/parentcheats

The reset didn't work either... Had to give her the traits manually using cheats which I hate... Is EA working on a patch for this?

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue,
    Now I know that the glitch is a result of an active career with the parenthood expansion. Since my oldest kid became a doctor and went to work for the first time (actively) first sim to age didn't do it correctly and now, first day of school, none of the kids return after 3 pm. Not pausing and waiting, not with "leave school early", nothing. I've already repaired the game, did a reset and have no mods...... I think I'll stop playing until the next patch or I'll get frustrated every step of the way.
    edited June 2017
    Now I know that the glitch is a result of an active career with the parenthood expansion. Since my oldest kid became a doctor and went to work for the first time (actively) first sim to age didn't do it correctly and now, first day of school, none of the kids return after 3 pm. Not pausing and waiting, not with "leave school early", nothing. I've already repaired the game, did a reset and have no mods...... I think I'll stop playing until the next patch or I'll get frustrated every step of the way.

Hello
    I am sorry that these issues are occurring in your game.
    Try testing to see if the children return home correctly the second day of school.
  • french5029french5029 Posts: 18 Member
    I cannot use my mods I moved them to desktop now I can't use them