Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood bugs

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Sorry if there's another thread for this, I"ve not been here in ages.

I played parenthood for an hour last night and noticed a couple bugs right away. First of all, edge scrolling doesn't work at the hospital in the doctor career anymore. I have to use the arrow keys now to move the camera.

I've tried that in my game and have no issues

Did you replace the hospital ? Is this in Live Mode or Buy/Build (with cheat) ? Is it just the hospital or do you have issues with other lots as well ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »
    I can't seem to open the Simology panel for any age groups. When clicked, a small grey arrow appears but no character values/traits appear at all. As the character values are a key part of the pack, I am disappointed.

Hello @DatLlama
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

The UI Cheats extension mod may be cause of your issues. If you use that mod, you need to install the latest version
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I posted this in general discussion to, forgot about the bugs thread
    Ok so this is what happened. My couple had a daughter. she got all her toddler skills maxed and a few times parents helped with manners and sorry. they had another daughter, who soon aged into toddler and another baby, first child aged into child, just before baby number 3 aged into toddler. her grades started at an F and even before she went to school I got a pop up saying her grades were bad and she was being neglected. she got on with her homework and the next day went off to school, in a good mood. Came back still an F, so the next day I made her work hard at school and get her with help from parents to do one of those science projects. went to school still an F but the bar was up and said good. But the very next day she got whisked away. I wasn't having that so went into main menu to start before all this happened. all my saves but the very first one, are with the third child still a baby including the one she was whisked away, yet I've been playing the last child as a toddler for nearly a sim week, so the saves aren't saving properly and the school bar hasn't noticed her hard work, and extra work as well as homework done every night.
    Is anyone else having the same problem. and yes mum and dad were giving her attention, help with homework, family hugs, help with projects, and talking to as well as teaching good manners ect. so what did I do wrong or is this a glitch??
    I'm annoyed because the only other save I have is before the last two girls were born and oldest is still a toddler.
    my mods are off and no CC.
    I have started the family again and second baby is now a toddler, yet the save still has a pic of one toddler and one baby with the parents, I no longer have any babies in the family.
  • Options
    Ok so this is what happened. My couple had a daughter. she got all her toddler skills maxed and a few times parents helped with manners and sorry. they had another daughter, who soon aged into toddler and another baby, first child aged into child, just before baby number 3 aged into toddler. her grades started at an F and even before she went to school I got a pop up saying her grades were bad and she was being neglected. she got on with her homework and the next day went off to school, in a good mood. Came back still an F, so the next day I made her work hard at school and get her with help from parents to do one of those science projects. went to school still an F but the bar was up and said good. But the very next day she got whisked away. I wasn't having that so went into main menu to start before all this happened. all my saves but the very first one, are with the third child still a baby including the one she was whisked away, yet I've been playing the last child as a toddler for nearly a sim week, so the saves aren't saving properly and the school bar hasn't noticed her hard work, and extra work as well as homework done every night.
    Is anyone else having the same problem. and yes mum and dad were giving her attention, help with homework, family hugs, help with projects, and talking to as well as teaching good manners ect. so what did I do wrong or is this a glitch??
    I'm annoyed because the only other save I have is before the last two girls were born and oldest is still a toddler.
    I have started the family again and second baby is now a toddler, yet the save still has a pic of one toddler and one baby with the parents, I no longer have any babies in the family.

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had 'this issue, You may not be able to now fix what occured with the sim now that she was taken away, and your earlier saves are earlier in the familyl.
    With your new game with the family, try having the sims travel to another lot and back and see if that helps with the picture issue,

If the issue remains. repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

• Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member

Once you get an F in school, you need to get your grades up within a couple of days or your kid gets taken away. Performance within the grade doesn't matter.
  • Options
    what amazed me was that she started with an F, none of my kids have ever started with an F and all her toddler skills were maxed. No matter what I did she still get taken away. I started again when she was still a toddler. I'll let you know what happens.
  • Options
    what amazed me was that she started with an F, none of my kids have ever started with an F and all her toddler skills were maxed. No matter what I did she still get taken away. I started again when she was still a toddler. I'll let you know what happens.

Here's an older thread on this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915130/fs-in-school#latest

Did you age down the Sim ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    EliseFine93EliseFine93 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > EliseFine93 wrote: »
    >
    > Just aged up 2 teens into yound adults and they are still acting like teens! Doing that moody walk, randomly getting the 'enraged' mood but with no moodlet to click on to find out why, really annoying :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @EliseFine93
    > Try having them travel to another lot and back home then see if thst helps
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Thanks for the reply, I repaired the game and that helped :)
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I'm not sure if this is a glitch or intentional. My family had 2 parents, 2 teens, and 1 toddler. Both teens and the toddler were exhausted. I sent Mom to read the toddler to sleep and sent Dad to take a shower. Then on the teens I clicked on their energy bar to have them auto-resolve to go to bed. However, they didn't do that. They stood there with an action queued to put the toddler to bed (who as already being put to bed). I tried the auto-resolve several times, with the same result. I finally just clicked on their beds and they went.

It reminded me a little of Sims 2 where everyone in the household seemed to autonomously flock to care for the baby or toddler in distress, dropping other actions.
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    Has anyone stated an issue anywhere on these forums with wahoo and trying for a baby..neither is working ?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have discovered a problem with the Scientist career track following me downloading the Parenthood Game Pack. When I join my sim in going to work, when the Science Facility loads in the time sets back to about 3:00 am, my sims is not in her lab coat, and no work tasks appear in the upper left corner. I have tried it a few times and it does the same thing each time. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they found a way to fix it.

Hello bananagirl,
    I played the science career yesterday and everything was fine. But sometimes (especially after patches) some lots become corrupted and cause time jumping. I have experienced this with a self-built restaurant and found no way to fix it. My Sims always jumped some hours back when they travelled back home.

If your issue is not related to mods, repair game or moving your Sim to another house may help.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a glitch or intentional. My family had 2 parents, 2 teens, and 1 toddler. Both teens and the toddler were exhausted. I sent Mom to read the toddler to sleep and sent Dad to take a shower. Then on the teens I clicked on their energy bar to have them auto-resolve to go to bed. However, they didn't do that. They stood there with an action queued to put the toddler to bed (who as already being put to bed). I tried the auto-resolve several times, with the same result. I finally just clicked on their beds and they went.

It reminded me a little of Sims 2 where everyone in the household seemed to autonomously flock to care for the baby or toddler in distress, dropping other actions.

I have had the same with any of the toddlers, toddler care is serious business. They all want to watch it or pick it up or check it or something, all at the same time. Free will had to be turned off to resolve the helicoptering.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ChambersN wrote: »
    Has anyone stated an issue anywhere on these forums with wahoo and trying for a baby..neither is working ?

Have you pulled out mods and CC to make sure it's not a conflict?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    No I didn't age her down, I made the family in CAS on a previous save, uploaded to my library and downloaded them to my new game. another thing I only just noticed her homework has the option to do Catch up homework, I've never had this before unless they miss a lot of school.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I can't seem to open the Simology panel for any age groups. When clicked, a small grey arrow appears but no character values/traits appear at all. As the character values are a key part of the pack, I am disappointed.

Hello @DatLlama
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

The UI Cheats extension mod may be cause of your issues. If you use that mod, you need to install the latest version

I installed the latest version of the mod (I used that) and I can open the panel. However, the character value wheel thing goes from green to red and back again in a loop and I can't scroll down. Flashing arrows appear on either side of the top value and I can't scroll down. I might just have to uninstall the whole mod, as this is an annoying problem.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Hello @DatLlama

I installed the latest version of the mod (I used that) and I can open the panel. However, the character value wheel thing goes from green to red and back again in a loop and I can't scroll down. Flashing arrows appear on either side of the top value and I can't scroll down. I might just have to uninstall the whole mod, as this is an annoying problem.

Make sure you've uninstalled the previous version. It doesn't overwrite itself.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JodainJodain Posts: 95 Member
    I haven't seen anyone else have this problem yet, but it is driving me up the wall. It didn't happen at first, but now it's happening all the time.

When my parent sim gets a chance card from the child at school or is asked for advice, I go to click on an option and nothing happens. The chance card doesn't go away and there's no way for me to get out of it. The only way I can get out of the game is to minimize it, close the window from my task bar, then go back to the game where it asks if I want to save and exit etc. Clicking cancel doesn't fix the problem, either.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    edited June 2017

Hello @DatLlama

NVM didn't properly uninstall old version. Thanks for the help guys!
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Sorry if there's another thread for this, I"ve not been here in ages.

I played parenthood for an hour last night and noticed a couple bugs right away. First of all, edge scrolling doesn't work at the hospital in the doctor career anymore. I have to use the arrow keys now to move the camera. Secondly, some children were standing off the ground/above the ground when they got out of their hospital beds. And third, the toddlers do not "return home from daycare" and yet they are in the house and able to be controlled - but their pictures remain faded and when you hover on their icons, it says they are still at daycare. Eventually after several hours go by, it returns to normal.

I'm sure there are more bugs to report, but those were the three I noticed straight away during my first hour with the game.

one of the bugs you are mentioning has happened before. It is the one with the toddlers as I have got a save with that problem.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > EliseFine93 wrote: »
    >
    > Just aged up 2 teens into yound adults and they are still acting like teens! Doing that moody walk, randomly getting the 'enraged' mood but with no moodlet to click on to find out why, really annoying :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @EliseFine93
    > Try having them travel to another lot and back home then see if thst helps
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Thanks for the reply, I repaired the game and that helped :)

Hello
    I am glad that it helped the issue :)
  • Options
    ChambersN wrote: »

Hello @ChambersN
  • Options
    P

Hello @DatLlama

NVM didn't properly uninstall old version. Thanks for the help guys!

Youre welcome :) It is good that the issue has been fixed in your game.
  • Options
    Jodain wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone else have this problem yet, but it is driving me up the wall. It didn't happen at first, but now it's happening all the time.

When my parent sim gets a chance card from the child at school or is asked for advice, I go to click on an option and nothing happens. The chance card doesn't go away and there's no way for me to get out of it. The only way I can get out of the game is to minimize it, close the window from my task bar, then go back to the game where it asks if I want to save and exit etc. Clicking cancel doesn't fix the problem, either.

Hello @jodai
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop,.Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • Options
    WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2017
    Just wanted to mention this to see if anyone else was having the same issues. I've recently done a Vanilla reboot, repaired and removed my mods, but I haven't been back in game yet to see if it worked.
    Two things.
    -When my toddler aged up, the parents are only able to see his toddler trait (Charmer) in relationship info. Not his new child trait.
    -And they had a new baby. The mother was friends with the newborn upon coming home from the hospital, which is normal. But the Dad had nearly no relationship with his new baby girl. And as I increased their relationship with interactions, he's stuck at 'acquaintances' with her - even though their green bar is now almost maxed out.
    I'll check back and update when I find out if all the troubleshooting steps had an effect.

EDIT:
    So since I took out the mods, I haven't reached a point in my CC free game where I could try to replicate the issues... reason for this is my game is unplayable. Anytime a child or teen has to go to school, my game basically stops working. Time continues to pass, the pause button doesn't work. The sims ... ALL of them, get stuck doing whatever they were doing when the "Go to School" action gets queued.
    So yah... I think I've seen this issue mentioned already. But I won't be bothering to play Sims 4 until it's fixed. It's too frustrating the way it is now. :(
    Post edited by WizardOfRoz on
  • Options
    No I didn't age her down, I made the family in CAS on a previous save, uploaded to my library and downloaded them to my new game. another thing I only just noticed her homework has the option to do Catch up homework, I've never had this before unless they miss a lot of school.

Would you be willing to share your save ?

If you are, please send me or @SimGuruNick a PM
    AHQ Tutorial