Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fruit Bears

13...Next

Comments

• JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Does anyone know how long the phases actually last or how often the "I'm a bear" phase lasts? I suspect people are getting worked up over something pretty minor. Also, isn't the whole point of this phase supposed to be that the kid wants to wear some ridiculous, annoying costume? If the kid wanted to dress in the "omg, it's the most adorable outfit ever!" costume, then there wouldn't be much of a parenting dilemma there, lol. I'm sure there will be mods some other costume in one of the other packs to be substituted....plus, it's not like they stopped developing the game, with the functionality put together now, it's not like they can't add some other costume phases at some point down the road.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Kids want to be bears?

Sims are interesting creatures
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Kids want to be bears?

Sims are interesting creatures

yes truly
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I get that's it's probably meant to be a Care Bears reference, and that's a fun little nod to my childhood, but whoever the furry is on the Sims Team (@SimGuruGraham I'm looking in your direction) really needs to tone it down a smidge. Why not a Llama Man phase? Little kids are obsessed with superheroes. Why did it have to be furries?
    wJbomAo.png
  • RDaanRDaan Posts: 88 Member
    Don't get me wrong but this is the third time that they've added a bear costume to the game... They were a nice addition to Outdoor Retreat but there are lots of other costumes in which you can change as a kid, but please don't add a recolor of an item that was already a part of another pack...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I had a club of sims in bear outfits that hung out at parks and hugged sims. They were called Huggy Bears.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    First I have heard of this .... and can't say I have seen the bear costume myself. I think it would have been better if a child sim got the phase and we had a set of say three to choose from, a bear, a superhero, a prince/princess. The bear could be what we are getting, superhero, add a cape, tights and a eyemask. Prince/princess ... fancy pants/dress and a crown and a wand to hold. Done.

I see some disappointment in my sims kids future if they get this phase ... I don't see a bear suit on the child for days on end.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Aw, I actually really like the fruit bears.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Aw, I actually really like the fruit bears.

We seem to be in the minority but that's ok we'll have all the fun ;) .
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • SolariaSolaria Posts: 2 New Member
    I like the outfits, reminds me of family parties were there is always one kid, running around in a costume that he/she has been wearing for the last 2 weeks.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    itsmegamo wrote: »
    @DeservedCriticism The dino costumes from Sims 3 were bomb!

Honestly, now that I think about it, I know folks complain that people are asking for the same things over again, but kids costumes from Generations is the one thing I can truly say I wished they'd just copied.

I don't see why they don't copy things over. Anyone who has ever play TS2 and TS3 will know that both games share items that are the same, cause the TS3 team copied a couple TS2 items over. I was actually a bit disappointed when I didn't see some of the chairs and tables that were in TS2 and TS3.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    itsmegamo wrote: »
    @DeservedCriticism The dino costumes from Sims 3 were bomb!

Honestly, now that I think about it, I know folks complain that people are asking for the same things over again, but kids costumes from Generations is the one thing I can truly say I wished they'd just copied.

I don't see why they don't copy things over. Anyone who has ever play TS2 and TS3 will know that both games share items that are the same, cause the TS3 team copied a couple TS2 items over. I was actually a bit disappointed when I didn't see some of the chairs and tables that were in TS2 and TS3.

I'm pretty sure it's because they changed the game engine with 4 so they had to start from scratch. Things don't just cross over as they did previously.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Someone please say this isn't autonomously.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Someone please say this isn't autonomously.
    It is.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited May 2017
    What about a phase to peek up skirts?

Imagine Bella Goth being followed by a pack of toddlers when she is in the little, red, number.

I mean, it could be something you punish your toddler for - or, just encourage them.

I can imagine a single, male, Sim encouraging his toddler - ie as an ice-breaker to pick-up chicks. Like having a puppy.

That's disgusting. Like, really. And before you say it; its not the same as belching/farting/sharting. And what is your fascination/obsession with Bella Goth? And whether pixel or not, please don't talk about kids like that.

Edit: on the topic of fruit bears, i thought they were most likely a spin off of some kind regarding care bears. The coloring is an eye sore but will definitely use this to my advantage story wise.
    Post edited by BlueR0se on
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks these suits look like evil Care bear suits? lol!
  • girl-on-fire96girl-on-fire96 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @plopppo2 said:
    > What about a phase to peek up skirts?
    >
    > Imagine Bella Goth being followed by a pack of toddlers when she is in the little, red, number.
    >
    > I mean, it could be something you punish your toddler for - or, just encourage them.
    >
    > I can imagine a single, male, Sim encouraging his toddler - ie as an ice-breaker to pick-up chicks. Like having a puppy.

UGH. Just UGH. Do you have an idea of how disgusting this is? Like 4 real? Even though The Sims a TEEN rated game, it's a family game. They didn't include "dying from sadness" as an emotional death because this would be too dark. Imagine peeking up skirts? Are you crazy?

And yeah, I know this was posted long ago but somehow I ended up here while looking for recolors for this Fruit Bear outfit and I got disgusted with this comment. I hope you learned a lesson from this, plopppo2. This whole "peek up skirts" thing is terrible, and I believe it's not a behavior the Sims Community would like to encourage (even if we had the option to punish the child).
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I don't mind these phases, but it annoyed me that my child wore a different color bear suit every day. I think it made it totally unrealistic, no child I know would have access to 4 or 5 different costumes. They should rather stick to one color trough out the entire phase.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MaxNekoeMaxNekoe Posts: 12 New Member
    Honestly it'd just be funny to see some kids walking around looking like pineapple bears. Embrace it.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    @mizuru007 I think he's just trying to get a rise out of you at this point.
    Nope.

I just thought of it as a legitimate phase. It is something that boys will do - YouTube is probably full of it.

It's a disgusting phase. Obviously parents are doing something wrong if their child does that, especially as a phase.
  • Frank_The_Simmer_32Frank_The_Simmer_32 Posts: 42 Member
    To be honest, I don't like it. It feels so permanent. Why is it do my wife (In the game) and I have to wear (shudders) bear costumes? I want it to end. I don't like the idea of wearing a costume for myself to stop my daughter (In the game) from wearing that costume. It isn't fun. It's like that internet meme where a teen girl says her cat phase is not a phase. Please make it stop, EA.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It really doesn't happen that often -- usually just once during the childhood phase.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It really doesn't happen that often -- usually just once during the childhood phase.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    To be honest, I don't like it. It feels so permanent. Why is it do my wife (In the game) and I have to wear (shudders) bear costumes? I want it to end. I don't like the idea of wearing a costume for myself to stop my daughter (In the game) from wearing that costume. It isn't fun. It's like that internet meme where a teen girl says her cat phase is not a phase. Please make it stop, EA.

It's like three sim days or so, like all phases.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Hannah77Hannah77 Posts: 1 New Member
    Will The Child Randomly Turn Into A bear? Or do u have to make them? If so how do u change them into a bear costume?