Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fruit Bears

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I recently sent my sim to the pub and FOUR townies dressed as bears were drinking at the bar. Four.

I really don't like the sim bear costumes. Not a huge fan of this new phase.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I recently sent my sim to the pub and FOUR townies dressed as bears were drinking at the bar. Four.

To be fair, it was probably "Bear Night", just like there's Ladies Night, Guys Night, and so on...

I wouldn't mind bears if they didn't give off the Unbearable tense moodlet so much.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I think the "I'm a bear!" phase is a super cute idea, but I hate the outfit. I would have loved it if it was a onesie with a hoodie, like the toddler pyjamas. But I don't like not seeing my sims' faces when I play them, if that makes any sense. Plus the colors are just awful.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think the "I'm a bear!" phase is a super cute idea, but I hate the outfit. I would have loved it if it was a onesie with a hoodie, like the toddler pyjamas. But I don't like not seeing my sims' faces when I play them, if that makes any sense. Plus the colors are just awful.

It's incredibly lazy. They're essentially recoloring an old asset instead of bothering to make something new. Make a knight suit for kids. Make a teletubby costume. Make a giant toe costume. Make anything. Just make something new. I'd seriously prefer a Giant Toe Costume phase to "here's the bear costume...again." When we see that bear costume....what is it, three times now? It just broadcasts "LOL WE REHASH OLD CONTENT AND SELL IT TO YOU AGAIN LOL."
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

To be fair, it was probably "Bear Night", just like there's Ladies Night, Guys Night, and so on...

I wouldn't mind bears if they didn't give off the Unbearable tense moodlet so much.

I didn't even know there was Bear Night. In any case, it was still weird and I think it even gave me a real life tense moodlet
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

It's incredibly lazy. They're essentially recoloring an old asset instead of bothering to make something new. Make a knight suit for kids. Make a teletubby costume. Make a giant toe costume. Make anything. Just make something new. I'd seriously prefer a Giant Toe Costume phase to "here's the bear costume...again." When we see that bear costume....what is it, three times now? It just broadcasts "LOL WE REHASH OLD CONTENT AND SELL IT TO YOU AGAIN LOL."

I know, it's disappointing that they've made such an adorable costume phase for kids and not been able to make an original or even nice costume for it. And according to the phase description, they don't want to wear any bear costume. But particularly one of those fruit ones, which are the most hideous so far. But I'll try to not let it bother me, it's such a small detail and I'm sure lots of people like the recolored bears.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member

To be fair it's not like they have the rights to a Teletubbies anyway.(Maybe a parody could work though) Truth to be told this feature could be been really good. They could have made three different generic costumes. Like a cowboy, astronaut, and police officer for boys, and a princess, fairy or mermaid for girls.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    my first thought was that they were child entertainers like teletubbies or barney, but why couldn't they create a cute new mascot? this looks so cheap and dumb, it's just a boring recolor with a frickin sticker on it. honestly, it reminds me of when people first get into creating cc and they just slap random images on tshirts and furniture.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @SimGuruNinja PLEAAASE consider making this work for Spooky Stuff costumes (and maybe even Star Wars and any eventual other costumes) one day... *toddlers eyes* Even though it might ruin your puns, it would make lots of people happy.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I also think that they would have been better off with a different costume. I know it was done as a easy recolor of an existing costume, but it would have been nice if the bears were a group like the Teletubbies. Then, if there were a show on TV and posters and tee-shirts with their image on them, it would have given a reason for the child wanting to wear just that bear costume.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Zafireria wrote: »
    You don't have to use the bear suit, the child will be unhappy if they can't wear it, but as far as I have understood you can have one of their parents talk to them about the phase and it might go away faster. Although not 100% sure on that one.

Else there is always cheats.

Actually, that's a good question: Is there a cheat that gets rid of...god, they aren't called moodlets anymore, are they? Uh...You know what I mean, though, right? The THINGS that make your Sims FEEL. It used to be "testingcheatsenabled" and then ctrl+left click, but that obviously isn't going to work anymore...

Not sure there is a cheat persay, ,but if you're not opposed to mods, ui cheats extension lets you right click on a moodlet to remove it. I use it quite often when the game glitches for some reason. I recently had a sim I cloned and meant to change him to geek but forgot and left in 'creative'. He'll still get the tense from not being creative sometimes so I just right click it away.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja PLEAAASE consider making this work for Spooky Stuff costumes (and maybe even Star Wars and any eventual other costumes) one day... *toddlers eyes* Even though it might ruin your puns, it would make lots of people happy.

I think from a coding perspective, they can't. Initially I was more forgiving in the sense I believe the purpose of this new suit is because it's demanded via coding. AKA, let's say you have Parenthood but no Outdoor Retreat. How is the bear phase gonna happen...? It isn't, so this pack needed it's own bear rendition.

....But that begs the question of why it needed to be a bear specifically. They could've redone your Spooky Stuff costumes instead, for example. (though I'd prefer they didn't) They could've mixed it up, they could've made literally anything new. Power Ranger parodies are popular and common, they could've done a Barney parody and made a dinosaur costume in multiple bright colors, they could've done a Princess phase that both boys and girls can get, they could've done anything, but instead they recycle old content. :/

It's very hard to take this team seriously (the collective Sims 4 development team) when they continue doing this. I dunno if it's a lack of creativity or a very stingy budget or what, but it doesn't exactly inspire hope in future packs when they more or less advertise a crack in the wall by inserting it into a key role for a new feature.
    Post edited by DeservedCriticism on
  • Options
    itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    edited May 2017
    @DeservedCriticism The dino costumes from Sims 3 were bomb!

Honestly, now that I think about it, I know folks complain that people are asking for the same things over again, but kids costumes from Generations is the one thing I can truly say I wished they'd just copied.
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    I would have prefer something more ''realistic'' like a princess costume for the girls and a superhero costume for the boys, often at a young age girls have a princess phase, and boys a superhero phase, and that wouldn't have been that hard to design a princess dress and a superhero costume.

I never saw a kid with a bear phase.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    I think they chose a bear because A) they had it already in the game B) it is nongender specific, so one fits both, so to speak. I would have liked a boy/girl Llamaman costume (without the muscles, of course), something along the lines of the pj onesie with a Llamaman symbol and mask.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I wouldn't mind the bear suits if they had a bit of texture to them/ if the kids ones were different >.< like it's the same suit you just changed the colour and slapped fruit on it..
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think they chose a bear because A) they had it already in the game B) it is nongender specific, so one fits both, so to speak. I would have liked a boy/girl Llamaman costume (without the muscles, of course), something along the lines of the pj onesie with a Llamaman symbol and mask.

Personally I think Little Billy having a Princess phase sounds amazing.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Personally I think Little Billy having a Princess phase sounds amazing.

That's got my vote. >:)
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    I think the bears are the ugliest things in the game lol
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully a mod comes out that replaces the use of the bear costume and changes it to princess or pirate not a fan of the bear outfit it should of remained in Outdoor Retreat.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    wait, so kids go through a furry phase? lmao
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    If the bear outfits had been done like this, so they looked like actual kids costumes..

sims2ffs-2-lg.jpg

w-800h-600-1636742.jpg

MTS_mashelle-1388490-KidsCostumes_Bunny_Image.jpg

I like the idea of the phase, just not these costumes and why just bears.. not all kids like the same stuff, a few options would have been nice. I know my cousin's kid loved her elsa dress and wanted to live in it.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think the new bear outfits are kind of cute. But I do wish it wasn't another bear suit again. Every time I see the bear suit I'm reminded of Claire the bear in the sims 1 and I feel sad that game got an actual bear and 17 years later we have costumes!

I love the idea of phases but I do wish the costumes were not the bear costume. I love the dress up options from the sims 2 and 3. I think it's really cute when my sim child in the sims 3 regularly dresses up like a princess and presides over the royal court.
  • Options
    I think the new bear outfits are kind of cute. But I do wish it wasn't another bear suit again. Every time I see the bear suit I'm reminded of Claire the bear in the sims 1 and I feel sad that game got an actual bear and 17 years later we have costumes!

I love the idea of phases but I do wish the costumes were not the bear costume. I love the dress up options from the sims 2 and 3. I think it's really cute when my sim child in the sims 3 regularly dresses up like a princess and presides over the royal court.

omg, claire the bear <3 you just reminded me of one of my favourite TS1 objects Buster O’Beast stuffed bear. it was so cute. I only had the console version but I played TS1 on PC at my friends and I remember seeing that object and loving it.. never got to see Claire though.

I agree, I think it would be cute for kids to dress as superheroes, princesses and princes, freezer bunny and llama as a nod to Sims etc.