Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

loggin a last exception file

I went into my game and an orange box came up sayin there is a last exception file logged. I know its from mc commander coz it said it can be given to deaderpool. I had only just updated my mod yesterday to 3.5.2. It didn't even say this when I had 3.4.0 yesterday
To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Helo
    It is a new feature that came with the MC CIommand Center 3.50
    Added a setting, “Show LE Notices” (MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Show LE Notices). If this is enabled, then anytime an error message is logged to the LastException.txt file by the core Sims 4 processes, a notification will show-up telling the user it has happened. To me, this setting should always be true! People should know if they have mods and CC causing problems with their game. The mods or CC are not working right anyway if they’re throwing exceptions so the user should remove them to prevent them breaking other mods, which we’ve seen recently with menus not working due to broken custom clothing. I added this option for those that just want to make life harder on themselves and take the chance that their out-of-date custom content will not cause problems throughout their game and if they just want to ignore them. Bad choice, in my opinion, but all I can do is try to help! Defaults to True.

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I looked at the file and some of it is mods but some is the core or tuning goin wrong or settin wrong values.. I'll delete the mods that showed up coz I don't rlly need them. However, I had updated my sorcerer mod but it still came up in the error
  • Options
    ilikepie203ilikepie203 Posts: 19 New Member
    > @ChloeDeCookie said:
    > I looked at the file and some of it is mods but some is the core or tuning goin wrong or settin wrong values.. I'll delete the mods that showed up coz I don't rlly need them. However, I had updated my sorcerer mod but it still came up in the error

Check all of your mods. The mod that caused me this problem was the no cooldown plant sim trait. Make sure all of your mods are updated and those that aren't, sit them out. Good luck!
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @ilikepie203 I dint have that nod and I updated or deleted every mod that showed up in my last exception file. I logged on and got another one but its just about was core and tunin files, nothin else
  • Options
    AfrochiomaAfrochioma Posts: 16 Member
    I there, I'm having the same issue but I have no clue how to understand what I am reading on my last exception file, it's just too confusing. I have updated all my mods but still the error notification shows up, at times several of them in less than a minute. The game doesn't crash but there is obviously something wrong. Anybody could help ?
  • Options
    Afrochioma wrote: »
    I there, I'm having the same issue but I have no clue how to understand what I am reading on my last exception file, it's just too confusing. I have updated all my mods but still the error notification shows up, at times several of them in less than a minute. The game doesn't crash but there is obviously something wrong. Anybody could help ?

Hello @Afrochioma
    What is happening at the time that the error occurs?
  • Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    Is there really no way to turn off those last exception notices? I went to (MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Show LE Notices), that selection is not there in the 3.7.0 version. I am getting absolutely spammed with those. I can't even clear them out of the notifications area. If I hit the trash can icon to clear them, the game just freezes and I have to force quit.

I know how to read last exception files. I know bout checking them and fixing them accordingly. Why do we ALL now need to be harassed by them in-game?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Is there really no way to turn off those last exception notices? I went to (MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Show LE Notices), that selection is not there in the 3.7.0 version. I am getting absolutely spammed with those. I can't even clear them out of the notifications area. If I hit the trash can icon to clear them, the game just freezes and I have to force quit.

I know how to read last exception files. I know bout checking them and fixing them accordingly. Why do we ALL now need to be harassed by them in-game?

Hello @dirtandpretty
    Since the latest version of MCCC mod, there isn’t an option to turn them off. You may like to post feedback on the MCCC section on Discord
    https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

With your issue with pressing the trash can causing freezing, sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that helps.
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate.

Cc /mods that you have in your game may be causing this freezing issue.
  • Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @dirtandpretty
    Since the latest version of MCCC mod, there isn’t an option to turn them off. You may like to post feedback on the MCCC section on Discord

With your issue with pressing the trash can causing freezing, sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

The issue cannot be inventory as my Sims don't have any items in their inventory, except a homework book. I don't understand what that has to do with being spammed last exception errors.

Also, my PC specs exceed what is needed to run this game on Ultra; how would lowering the settings effect last exception?
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @dirtandpretty

The issue cannot be inventory as my Sims don't have any items in their inventory, except a homework book. I don't understand what that has to do with being spammed last exception errors.

Also, my PC specs exceed what is needed to run this game on Ultra; how would lowering the settings effect last exception?

Hello @dirtandpretty
    You posted that when you press the trash can to delete the notifications , your game freezes. I posted the suggestions to try to prevent this occurring.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member

" I know bout checking them and fixing them accordingly" does this mean that once you read the LE you pull the CC/Mod causing the problem? I am not trying to be rude, just asking because once the bad CC/Mods are pulled from your game, MCCC shouldn't generate LE's.

You might want to pull out all CC/Mods except MCCC and start a new test game to see if you get new LE's, if not then you know you have some bad/broken CC/Mods that need to be removed, you can test by putting back your CC a bit at a time, test in game, if they work, pull them and test the next batch, keep testing until you find the problem.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Siobsim88Siobsim88 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am also having the same issue and have no idea what the LE means, something about the “object having no attribute” I have ran all cc through the mod conflict app and deleted a lot but this still seems to be happening and I hate the idea of having to do this step by step!! Any ideas how else to find them?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Siobsim88 wrote: »
    I am also having the same issue and have no idea what the LE means, something about the “object having no attribute” I have ran all cc through the mod conflict app and deleted a lot but this still seems to be happening and I hate the idea of having to do this step by step!! Any ideas how else to find them?

Hello @Siobsim88
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too
  • Options
    Siobsim88Siobsim88 Posts: 3 New Member
    Thankyou!!
  • Options
    BlackQueen12BlackQueen12 Posts: 51 Member
    I have had the same issue, but I knew about last exception files before it was added as a feature in MCC. I had the regular messages in my Sims4 folder but they never disrupted my gameplay. When I got the version of MCC that informs you of last exception files I started having issues with the freezing. I understand the other post questions. I never had the freeze issue until that feature was added, and when I take MCC out, I don't have this issue. It has nothing to do with the inventory though. It's a great feature with this strange side effect. But the newer versions of MCC are not as bad as the first two that came out. Just trying to clarify that the MCC alert to the bad/outdated cc or other issues triggers these repeated popups. Otherwise, I would get the same result without it. It never happens when MCC is out of the game. Great mod still though. I guess it's too many popups back to back for the game to handle sometimes. Like 15-20 or more.
  • Options
    I have had the same issue, but I knew about last exception files before it was added as a feature in MCC. I had the regular messages in my Sims4 folder but they never disrupted my gameplay. When I got the version of MCC that informs you of last exception files I started having issues with the freezing. I understand the other post questions. I never had the freeze issue until that feature was added, and when I take MCC out, I don't have this issue. It has nothing to do with the inventory though. It's a great feature with this strange side effect. But the newer versions of MCC are not as bad as the first two that came out. Just trying to clarify that the MCC alert to the bad/outdated cc or other issues triggers these repeated popups. Otherwise, I would get the same result without it. It never happens when MCC is out of the game. Great mod still though. I guess it's too many popups back to back for the game to handle sometimes. Like 15-20 or more.

Hello
    As you use the MCCC mod, you probably know this, but it may become broken as a result of the upcoming patch. Deaderpool has very kindly posted that he will be working on a fixed updated release as soon as possible, if this occurs.
  • Options
    BlackQueen12BlackQueen12 Posts: 51 Member
    Nah, it's been like this, but the newer versions aren't as bad, as I've only had this issue once in the last month. Also, I try to ignore the popups, and only delete them after they stop. I find that when I try to trash them as they pop up, this triggers the freeze issue. That is the only time I notice the freeze. And yes, I know I'm going to have to remove MCC, the 4 columns, and whatever else breaks. Thanks for your time!
  • Options
    Nah, it's been like this, but the newer versions aren't as bad, as I've only had this issue once in the last month. Also, I try to ignore the popups, and only delete them after they stop. I find that when I try to trash them as they pop up, this triggers the freeze issue. That is the only time I notice the freeze. And yes, I know I'm going to have to remove MCC, the 4 columns, and whatever else breaks. Thanks for your time!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    Hello
    I have the problem of the last expectation error (error logged massege). Also I noticed that when I go to pick up my pets the sim's freezing. It happend also when i wanted to do other things, but they were cutted by the error massage And then it was like reset sim command. I updated my mods (mc and Ww) but I don't know of the problem is in one of these mods or in other cc. I know that in order to stop that annoying problem I need to look for the problematic cc, but I have about 4200 cc files!! Do I have to do the 50% method or there's another way to find the bad cc? Or the problem is in the mods? I really don't know. Can someone help me?
  • Options
    I can't pick up or hug my pets!
  • Options
    Can I delete all the lastexpactations files from the sims 4 folder? Maybe they causing the problem?
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    Hello
    I have the problem of the last expectation error (error logged massege). Also I noticed that when I go to pick up my pets the sim's freezing. It happend also when i wanted to do other things, but they were cutted by the error massage And then it was like reset sim command. I updated my mods (mc and Ww) but I don't know of the problem is in one of these mods or in other cc. I know that in order to stop that annoying problem I need to look for the problematic cc, but I have about 4200 cc files!! Do I have to do the 50% method or there's another way to find the bad cc? Or the problem is in the mods? I really don't know. Can someone help me?

Since MCCC has been hotfixed and WW has been updated, it's not those 2 mods causing your problem, I am afraid the only thing you can do is pull your CC and test them in batches, I know this is not what you want to hear but it is the only thing you can do to find out what is causing your problem/s in the game.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    Hello

Hello
    I am sorry that you have these issues
    Because you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.