Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still loving TS3

2...Next

Comments

• Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Found the castle wall top parts, can't find the walls themselves. :(
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    In "Decor>All>Only Store the wall parts are not all showing, just the following appear:

A Sliver of Wall
    Corner for the Top of the Wall
    Teensy Weeny Tower Wall
    Top of the Wall with a View
    Wee Tower Wall
    Top of the Tower

The doors, arches, and windows are in the proper places. What I can't find are the following:

Corner Wall with a View
    Towering Tower Corner Wall
    A Rounded Courner
    A Slab of Wall
    Slab of Wall and Narrow Window
    Slab of Wall with a View

They aren't wall coverings, I checked there already. Nor are they in Build under half walls. Thus why I'm asking where to find these.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @Faerie197 Have you looked in columns or misc. decor? I find that sometimes things are in those two sections and don't really make sense.
    Will have to check later. I need to build a huge castle for a storyline I'm doing.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think the Castle parts are in two different places: in the "misc" "decor" section of Buy mode and under columns in build mode. I believe you can only build with them properly by using moveobjects on.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    @Faerie197 Have you looked in columns or misc. decor? I find that sometimes things are in those two sections and don't really make sense.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I think the Castle parts are in two different places: in the "misc" "decor" section of Buy mode and under columns in build mode. I believe you can only build with them properly by using moveobjects on.

Thanks, started building the castle now. I would have thought the walls (well, other then tower walls) would have been a wall covering under Masonry or something like that. It doesn't make much sense to require the debug menu to use the castle wall pieces as intended. Not everyone will know about or how to use the debug menu.
  • EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    its the little details isn't it!
  • cry0wr1ghtcry0wr1ght Posts: 16 Member
    I like it at least because a primitive diving board comes with the original game and does not cost me ~$30.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I still loving TS3 too. 8 years after, I still discover things on the game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I still love it, but I haven't played in a very long time.
    I actually have more games, movies, and books than I have time to enjoy them. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm still enjoying it and even getting a new game set up in Sunset Valley2 for starting out in a short while.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    I am also playing TS3 again and it feels like a brand new game after all of these years of not playing it.
    For a couple of hours it actually felt like I was playing TS5, because its just that much better than TS4, and I had to keep reminding myself that its actually the old game they've long since abandoned.
    Like even just having roads and open world be a thing again is just... wow. I didn't realise how important that was to the flow of game play. And it makes me sadder that we'll neeeeever see that for Sims 4 and if we did, it'd be limited to the one world they felt like doing.
    And all the gameplay? hhjkhsdjsdjlksdfklksdfjkf I'm actually genuinely addicted again, in a way that I haven't been in SUCH a long time. Like its been forever since I had a moment where it was hard to fall asleep because I was super excited about what I'd have my sims do next, and I had that feeling last night. It felt like coming home.

Its even less laggy, less choppy, and less buggy than Sims 4 after I installed the ErrorTrap and Overwatch mods. I never, ever play any game with mods but it was so worth it. My computer is super plum so that's pretty sad that 4 is worse but here we are hahahahaha I mean yeah, they sometimes have moments where their bodies get stuck while they're waalking and their head slowly turns in the direction they want to go in a SUPER CREEPY exorcist looking moment but its still way better
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    ....I'm actually genuinely addicted again, in a way that I haven't been in SUCH a long time. Like its been forever since I had a moment where it was hard to fall asleep because I was super excited about what I'd have my sims do next, and I had that feeling last night. It felt like coming home.

I love seeing comments like this.
    TS3 is so often written off as a bad or terrible game because of the problems it has, which, can be fixed rather neatly with the use of the couple of mods that you mentioned in your post.
    It just requires a little bit of TLC, and it will reward you a hundredfold if people just took the time to optimise it a little bit.

I'm glad you're so excited about it, it's a great feeling isn't it :)

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @somethingsteller -I've got my game folders loaded with about 700 Mods and over a 1000 package files of CC without any lag and have even had to pause for pictures in live mode or miss a shot.I even went as far as installing awesommod to fix school overcrowding and routing fail issues by disabling the automated school assignment which was a main cause of those issues.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I haven't played it in a long time until recently. I love The Sims 4, but I need something to bide me over until the next drop of quality DLC. I'm even excited for the next teaser.

( Which should be in four days, right...? )

But until then, I started playing The Sims 3 and I never knew how much I missed the game until I started playing it.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    ....I'm actually genuinely addicted again, in a way that I haven't been in SUCH a long time. Like its been forever since I had a moment where it was hard to fall asleep because I was super excited about what I'd have my sims do next, and I had that feeling last night. It felt like coming home.

I love seeing comments like this.
    TS3 is so often written off as a bad or terrible game because of the problems it has, which, can be fixed rather neatly with the use of the couple of mods that you mentioned in your post.
    It just requires a little bit of TLC, and it will reward you a hundredfold if people just took the time to optimise it a little bit.

I'm glad you're so excited about it, it's a great feeling isn't it :)

I wish I knew about the mods earlier tbh. I'm amazed at how smooth everything is. I was playing today without my OBS in the background and I had a thunderstorm at the same time as two wild horses on my lot and NOT A STITCH of lag. A thing of beauty really. My computer would have turned in to a molten core of nonsense over that before.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • JackiMahJackiMah Posts: 46 Member
    While I own both the Sims 3 and 4 and all expansion packs for both, and even though the Sims 4 is newer and still has content being developed for it the Sims 4 becomes boring after a while, while the Sims 3 has a more lasting effect and is in my opinion is better for story making.