Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

if laundry wins the next vote what would be your choice if you had choice top load and front load?

hello to all simmers if laundry wins the next vote what would be your choice retro vintage washers basic models modern toploads and front load fancier models?

i will start me in my case i would go for all my sims with retro vintage washers in these styles

2zs38kx.jpg

nbtdoy.jpg

2hwp4dt.jpg

246pguq.jpg

k20qdt.jpg
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• jillyflower220jillyflower220 Posts: 9 New Member
    I would have to go for top load washers. For drying, I would actually like a clothesline...
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2017
    I would rather just have modern machines that can fit within other themes too. Maybe 2 styles of machines, one retro, and one modern.

Would be very limiting if the only thing/style we get would be retro. What about modern homes? :)

For drying, both. A machine and a clothesline.
  • VengefulBlueVengefulBlue Posts: 7 New Member
    ideally, i'd like:
    a laundry sink (same animation as dishes/wash hands, but with clothes)
    a clothes line (same animation as harvesting fruit trees?)
    a combo washer/dryer, which fits under counters (same animation as dishwasher, but door opens sideways)
    a top load washer and front load dryer pair (maybe trash animation and dishwasher animation?)

i'm trying to think of what options would maximize options for different play styles, but also be able to recycle animations as much as possible
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    70's washers are not eco-friendly. If we had to choose a single style I would go with either the high efficiency front loading or washboard and bucket. Personally, I think Laundry should be its own stuff pack complete with a laundromat.

For Eco Living I would prefer candle making and soap making (they use the same actions and molds so this could be a two-fer), weaving or sewing. Canning would be a distant second because they didn't do enough with that in TS3 so I found it boring.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    70's washers are not eco-friendly. If we had to choose a single style I would go with either the high efficiency front loading or washboard and bucket. Personally, I think Laundry should be its own stuff pack complete with a laundromat.

For Eco Living I would prefer candle making and soap making (they use the same actions and molds so this could be a two-fer), weaving or sewing. Canning would be a distant second because they didn't do enough with that in TS3 so I found it boring.

@1need4kaffee not everyplayer plays the same and if i had the choice for my game i would chose the 70 style washer dryer
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I also kind of feel like this isn't the right stuff pack. I would prefer something like a chicken coop, which is eco friendly in the sense that food scraps and such get used to feed chickens so nothing goes to waste. However, when laundry becomes a thing, I'd like a mix of separate washer and dryers, stack-able, and clothesline like they had in the sims 3
    I also kind of feel like this isn't the right stuff pack. I would prefer something like a chicken coop, which is eco friendly in the sense that food scraps and such get used to feed chickens so nothing goes to waste. However, when laundry becomes a thing, I'd like a mix of separate washer and dryers, stack-able, and clothesline like they had in the sims 3

even if its an eco stuffpack i do went modern conviniance like washers and dryers in the stuffpack not evcery one plays the game the same and for me in this sp washer dryer are important

• SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    I agree that we should have different styles of washers/dryers, both the "common" style and a sleek, expensive, modern one. My guess is gonna be that we will get the same meshes, so I'm hoping for top loading washers, front loading dryers. A clothesline would be great, but I doubt we'll get one. It requires a new mesh and animation set, which means more work for EA. I'm sure we'll see a bunch of clothesline mods, though. :)
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member

I agree that older washers are definitely not eco friendly. I personally don't like front load washers, but modern front load washers are far more eco friendly and would better suit this pack.

Since this isn't a laundry pack, but an eco friendly pack and laundry shouldn't even be in this pack, if washer/dryers premium objects do get voted in we'll most likely only get one set. This is a stuff pack after all and people will want eco premium objects in an eco pack.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Even though I liked the washing machines and dryers in Sims 3 and happy for them to be in Sims 4, I agree with others that washing machines and drying machines are not eco at all which is the main theme for the pack. Like others have mentioned maybe chicken coops, gardening etc is more eco themed :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Yeah, I would want a both modern and retro. If they were to add washing machines/dryers into this pack, it might be that they won't add it in any other future packs, so it will be a waste if they only had one style of washing machine/dryer.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • XxLunaxxXXxLunaxxX Posts: 17 Member
    I think modern would be cool, but some old fashioned ones for a cheap price would be cool i think. I really like the idea of clothes lines as someone suggested, and i think it would be cool if that you didn't change your sims clothes every couple of days or just in general have been wearing them for a while or something, some of the clothes items get dirty and you have to wash them in the machine, hang up to dry etc. It would also be cool if the kids could have washing baskets to put their dirty clothes in. A bit off topic i know but just an idea.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @snowie they had clothes lines in TS3, so it would not be a stretch to add it here. They tend to reuse as much as possible from one iteration to the next. I just think laundry needs its own pack. Putting it in with Eco Living will be a disservice to those that want it.
    RubyxAngel wrote: »
    Even though I liked the washing machines and dryers in Sims 3 and happy for them to be in Sims 4, I agree with others that washing machines and drying machines are not eco at all which is the main theme for the pack. Like others have mentioned maybe chicken coops, gardening etc is more eco themed :)

i also went eco content but i also went to see laundry return to the sims4 since for me to have a washer dryer in my sims household is a must have aspeccaly if they are workable in game like in sims3

@snowie they had clothes lines in TS3, so it would not be a stretch to add it here. They tend to reuse as much as possible from one iteration to the next. I just think laundry needs its own pack. Putting it in with Eco Living will be a disservice to those that want it.

Yep, I agree laundry isn't really "eco living" at all. However, that's what the theme was advertised with, which is why it got picked. People want laundry, and will take it in just about any pack I think.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Snowie wrote: »

Yep, I agree laundry isn't really "eco living" at all. However, that's what the theme was advertised with, which is why it got picked. People want laundry, and will take it in just about any pack I think.

Laundry was picked the first time, but country feel was the winner the second time. The dangerous stuff was almost even with it and all the other voters with other choices, which adds to many simmers who didn't pick modern appliances. In keeping with the country feel that we were asked to keep in mind and the eco spin, I would rather have a clothes line and a wringer washer or washing in a tub. All of that has a country feel and is what I hope happens. Laundry machines can be added to most packs & I hope they do. :)
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Laundry was picked the first time, but country feel was the winner the second time. The dangerous stuff was almost even with it and all the other voters with other choices, which adds to many simmers who didn't pick modern appliances.
    I was just pointing out that laundry has pretty much nothing to do with an "eco living" theme, so I'm not sure why they bundled the laundry description with the eco living title in the first place. When I think eco living, I think of riding a bike instead of driving a car, green energy, recycling, and so on. Laundry would have fit better in a different pack, but I'm looking forward to getting it.

@Snowie for lots of simmers that plays the game laundry was requested since the first day of the sims4 some plays with reality and for others it makes there sims homes mor complete in my case its something i wanted since it was introduce in the sims3

@Snowie for lots of simmers that plays the game laundry was requested since the first day of the sims4 some plays with reality and for others it makes there sims homes mor complete in my case its something i wanted since it was introduce in the sims3

Everyone know that a lot of simmers (myself included) really want laundry. But what @Snowie is saying is that laundry doesn't fit at all with the theme of an eco pack.

We all know that this pack idea was only chosen because the description of what we could get had laundry listed in it. I really want laundry, but it's not going to be as great as what everyone wants in this type of pack, it would be better suited for it's own laundry pack.

Everyone needs to realize that this is an eco pack, not a laundry pack.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200

Everyone know that a lot of simmers (myself included) really want laundry. But what @Snowie is saying is that laundry doesn't fit at all with the theme of an eco pack.

We all know that this pack idea was only chosen because the description of what we could get had laundry listed in it. I really want laundry, but it's not going to be as great as what everyone wants in this type of pack, it would be better suited for it's own laundry pack.

don't forget that titles might change it do not mean eco living is the offical title

don't forget that titles might change it do not mean eco living is the offical title

Um... Eco Living is the theme of the pack, not the title...
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200

Yep, that's exactly what I was saying :) I definitely want laundry, and if it came down to a "deciding feature" of the pack, and laundry might get cut if another vote option won, I would vote for laundry. It doesn't remotely fit in with the eco living theme, but EA hasn't made the most cohesive stuff packs in the past so I wouldn't want them to start now ;) Honestly, the people (myself included) will probably vote for laundry over anything else in this pack, because that's what they want the most from it. The art style, title, and other objects included don't matter in the end as long as we get to torture our Sims with dirty laundry.
  • Becca04Becca04 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would love to see both retro washer and dryer. And modern washer and dryer.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'd like to see a top load retro style washer & dryer & a modern front load washer & dryer.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Ew none of that retro garbage. Modern and sleek; and family-friendly and affordable.