Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May 25 Patch issues

After removing all mods, these issues came up after the patch:

- Popup notifications font isnt bold anymore
- mods to remove the wrench icon on custom CAS items are broken as of today. The wrench icon MUST be removed on the detail selection because we cant properly see the detail selection. Leave the small wrench icon on the main item.
- disabled radios visually blast music with a new yellow animation (unlike the blue usual music visual)
- the sound from paying bills is played at random without any notification

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    and my alien kid can't change her disguise lol - that's the only real issue I have so far :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Try repairing the game and see if that helps the iissues.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issues are in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder.

The issue with the wrench icon mod has been posted in this thread for mod issues after the patch
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918421/broken-updated-mods-may-25-17-patch-parenthood-gp
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Try repairing the game and see if that helps the iissues.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps
    Doesnt help.
    The issue with the wrench icon mod has been posted in this thread for mod issues after the patch
    I know. I just write it here because we needed a mod to fix this useless feature. Nobody benefits from not seeing the detail selection items. Now that we have this back, you actually bugged our workaround. So naturally I blame the devs for this.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    After removing all mods, these issues came up after the patch:

- Popup notifications font isnt bold anymore
    - mods to remove the wrench icon on custom CAS items are broken as of today. The wrench icon MUST be removed on the detail selection because we cant properly see the detail selection. Leave the small wrench icon on the main item.
    - disabled radios visually blast music with a new yellow animation (unlike the blue usual music visual)
    - the sound from paying bills is played at random without any notification

Quick workaround: Go to buy mode, sell the stereo, then press the undo button and go back to live mode. The animation will disappear after a second.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited May 2017
    Quick workaround: Go to buy mode, sell the stereo, then press the undo button and go back to live mode. The animation will disappear after a second.
    Doesnt work for me. Even selling and placing a new radio doesnt help.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    My mods and cc are currently disabled. My vampire sim can't seem to drink from anyone, either mesmerised or not.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    My mods and cc are currently disabled. My vampire sim can't seem to drink from anyone, either mesmerised or not.

Hello
    Try moving the whole mods folder to the desktop and see if the issue remains.
  • Options

Can't reproduce this, my vampire drinks as always.
  • Options
    Zasz wrote: »
    Doesnt work for me. Even selling and placing a new radio doesnt help.

Buying a new radio from the catalogue will indeed not stop the animation. Delete the radio in buy mode, then press the small white arrow next to the hammer.
  • Options
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I moved the mods folder. Nothing happened when I tried to drink from a mesmerised sim but I did (eventually) get to drink from the same sim without her being mesmerised, though it took a while. I'll keep an eye on the situation.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I moved the mods folder. Nothing happened when I tried to drink from a mesmerised sim but I did (eventually) get to drink from the same sim without her being mesmerised, though it took a while. I'll keep an eye on the situation.

If the issues return/continue, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder.
  • Options
    ilikepie203ilikepie203 Posts: 19 New Member
    Ever since this new update, the friendship +person icon keeps popping up on all of my sims even if they aren't talking. Basically, it is implying my sims are gaining relationships... with no one.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ever since this new update, the friendship +person icon keeps popping up on all of my sims even if they aren't talking. Basically, it is implying my sims are gaining relationships... with no one.

That's UI Cheats Extension doing that. The modder knows about it and says he'll update when he can.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CrayZCrayZ Posts: 229 Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > and my alien kid can't change her disguise lol - that's the only real issue I have so far :)

I'm having this problem too, but what really bothers me is that my alien child somehow lost her alien eyes and now has human eyes. When I try to edit it her in CAS (with full edit mode on), it recognizes her as an alien and has both her disguise and her alien bodies, but when I'm on alien mode and I try to edit her eyes, it just gives me human eye options. And yes, mods are disabled on my game so I know mod conflicts aren't causing this.

> @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > Try repairing the game and see if that helps the iissues.
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issues are in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder.
    >
    > The issue with the wrench icon mod has been posted in this thread for mod issues after the patch
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918421/broken-updated-mods-may-25-17-patch-parenthood-gp

I tried repairing and resetting my sims 4 folder, neither of them fixed the issue unfortunately :(
  • Options
    ilikepie203ilikepie203 Posts: 19 New Member
    > @CrayZ said:
    > > @SimTrippy said:
    > > and my alien kid can't change her disguise lol - that's the only real issue I have so far :)
    >
    > I'm having this problem too, but what really bothers me is that my alien child somehow lost her alien eyes and now has human eyes. When I try to edit it her in CAS (with full edit mode on), it recognizes her as an alien and has both her disguise and her alien bodies, but when I'm on alien mode and I try to edit her eyes, it just gives me human eye options. And yes, mods are disabled on my game so I know mod conflicts aren't causing this.
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello
    > > Try repairing the game and see if that helps the iissues.
    > >
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > > Start a new game and test to see if the issues are in that new save game.
    > > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder.
    > >
    > > The issue with the wrench icon mod has been posted in this thread for mod issues after the patch
    > > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918421/broken-updated-mods-may-25-17-patch-parenthood-gp
    >
    > I tried repairing and resetting my sims 4 folder, neither of them fixed the issue unfortunately :(

Most likely, it will be updated within the next few days. But you could tweet @/TheSims or @/EAHelp to see what they say too!
  • Options
    ChauntaviaBChauntaviaB Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi guys! I need major HELP.

The new sims 4 update removed the original/normal play for me like Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest. I can no longer play with out buying packs!

What went wrong? I didn't touch anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hi guys! I need major HELP.

The new sims 4 update removed the original/normal play for me like Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest. I can no longer play with out buying packs!

What went wrong? I didn't touch anything.

Can you explain how far you've got in the program before you have problems, and explain what that problem looks like? And have you removed the Mods folder to be sure it's not a conflict?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I'm not very savvy with all the mods stuff. I don't use them. I have had the Sims 4 for a long time and had no issues like this. When I first go into the game all I see are locked game packs like get to work, get together and more! I hope that was helpful, I can't explain myself very well.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm not very savvy with all the mods stuff. I don't use them. I have had the Sims 4 for a long time and had no issues like this. When I first go into the game all I see are locked game packs like get to work, get together and more! I hope that was helpful, I can't explain myself very well.

Ok. So you're on the Main Menu but not seeing it all?

34082198173_e86cba83de_c.jpg

Is it that it seems enlarged so you see just that bottom corner? If so, I'm going to suggest that you quit the game (use Task Manager if you need to), then go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and delete the file Options.ini. It might have the wrong screen size somehow? Then restart the game.

If not, what do you see in the rest of the screen?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Hello.
    If you can see the picture on the right hand side of the screen but the play and other buttons aren't on the left hand side , repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    Just figured it out! Thank you!