Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is Mike and what is his connection with toddlers?

Performance improvement: Movement level 1 toddlers should no longer contemplate the use of objects on floors they can't reach.

Highly intelligent toddlers may still contemplate their place in the universe.
Toddlers with high wisdom may still contemplate their daily movements.
High strength toddlers may move in contemplation.
Toddlers with unusually high charisma may seek contemplation of others.
And highly dexterous toddlers may contemplate how they might also be like Mike.
Who is Mike?

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited May 2017
    Michael Jordan. It was a Gatorade commercial back many years ago that said "I wanna be like Mike!"

Which is actually a take on something older. US president Eisenhower's nickname was Ike. The slogan was originally "I wanna be like Ike." It was part of his presidential campaign.

So there you go. Older pop culture deconstructed.
    Ah, I see.

I was worried I was missing out on something here - ie like Mike was a Sim that we are meant to all know about.
  • daltwisneydaltwisney Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2017
    Michael Jordan, former basketball superstar. "Be like Mike" is from a Gatorade commercial from the early 90's.

Has nothing in particular to do with toddlers, other than that they may aspire to sporty greatness.
    Wait a minute - I have a feeling that the whole thing I quoted is meant to be a joke - ie the entire thing.

The only thing that is relevant is this:
    Performance improvement: Movement level 1 toddlers should no longer contemplate the use of objects on floors they can't reach.
    Unless I am now mistaking myself having been fooled by what I quoted?
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    It was also movie; Like Mike(2002)...I watched that thing so many times.
    So, is the rest of it fake:
    Highly intelligent toddlers may still contemplate their place in the universe.
    Toddlers with high wisdom may still contemplate their daily movements.
    High strength toddlers may move in contemplation.
    Toddlers with unusually high charisma may seek contemplation of others.
    ^ Is that all fake?
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute - I have a feeling that the whole thing I quoted is meant to be a joke - ie the entire thing.

That first part was the only thing relevant I think. The rest were jokes.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

Generally, all "sub points" in the patch notes are usually jokes. At least I think so.
    edited May 2017

Generally, all "sub points" in the patch notes are usually jokes. At least I think so.
    Basically, I had done a Ctrl F in my browers to search toddler - so I basically just zoomed in on anything toddler related.

It did dawn on me after I had created this thread that I had been Rickrolled again by the Maxis Mafia - oh their aching sides - let's hope none of them break a rib and puncture a lung and expire (at least before we get Pets).
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Or the toddler in the Life Cereal add - "Let's get Mikey to eat it!" "He won't eat it! He hates everything!" "He likes it! Hey Mikey!!" :p
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Or the toddler in the Life Cereal add - "Let's get Mikey to eat it!" "He won't eat it! He hates everything!" "He likes it! Hey Mikey!!" :p

yeah my parents (and my older sister) used to call me Mikey because I eat leftovers (still do occasionally)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Mike is Michael Jordan. Hands down the world's greatest basketball from the Chicago Bulls. The Nike Silhouette (the jump man) is modeled after him. He's a big deal in Chi-town.
    Hey, maybe they should add a Mike in?

Maybe add a Daycare GP and Mike runs it?

The point being our Sims could also run their own Daycare.

Stevie Wonder ran Daycare in TS3 - he was on Carl's Guide thing:
    x1.gif.pagespeed.ic.4v7HEgS3M9.jpg
    edited May 2017
    This is him cruising in the reward van thing:
    x15.gif.pagespeed.ic.Ed0L-Q0-JI.jpg

Good job TS3 had no vehicle collision detection - because Stevie use to plough through everything.

EDIT:
    ie, because he is blind - he can't see.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    The Eisenhower campaign slogan was actually, "I like Ike."

Yoda and I remember this; he, like it was yesterday, myself, barely.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Michael Jordan. It was a Gatorade commercial back many years ago that said "I wanna be like Mike!"

Which is actually a take on something older. US president Eisenhower's nickname was Ike. The slogan was originally "I wanna be like Ike." It was part of his presidential campaign.

So there you go. Older pop culture deconstructed.
    Wait, but, like... Mike and Ike candy was invented in 1940, according to the interwebz. Eisenhower came after it and so did Michael Jordan. Both known for a similar statement?

So... Mike and Ike is a prophetic candy. :open_mouth:

Illuminati confirmed.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Being like Mike was to have the ability to spring high into the air like Michael Jordan was famous for doing - If you reread what that says is even if the toddlers are super intelligent and believe they can be like Mike, they won't any longer be able to take things they can't reach by flying through the air to get them like some were doing - because they fixed the issue. The rest of the info is just the Guru being funny.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CoreyTessCoreyTess Posts: 48 Member
    Yea, i wondered about that. Independent toddlers would just get the food off the counter or off the high chair.. how in the world can they do that? So glad its fixed, that makes it more realistic.
    Catch Up with My Sims Stuff Here simfablife.blogspot.com
    tumblr_oa663idSUS1v00mydo1_500.gif

• ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    CoreyTess wrote: »
    Yea, i wondered about that. Independent toddlers would just get the food off the counter or off the high chair.. how in the world can they do that? So glad its fixed, that makes it more realistic.

Ever been around a toddler that age? They can get food from the counter. Trust me.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I'm glad y'all explained who Mike was because i could only think of Magic Mike which seemed pretty inappropriate when talking about toddlers :blush: