Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stereo Glitched,( After Game Patch )

sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
The stereos are showing signs of being on in the game but no sound is coming from them. The game gives me the option to turn on the stereos when moved the pointer over them. I have tried to debug them, replacing them, even sending the sim to another lot, and back again. I have come out of the game to the main menu, and back in again. I have even backed out of the game entirely, and did a repair. And nothing seem to work so far. I'm about to start a new game to see if the problem remains.

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Same!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Same!

x3
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The same here, it does play music when it is on, but when it is turned off, it still has the animation of sound coming through.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had just started a new game, and the problem remains.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Does it affect toddlers in anyway - in terms of their interaction with a stereo?
  • Angel98366Angel98366 Posts: 57 Member
    Count me in..... I removed all my mods and did a repair.. and it still happens
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Does it affect toddlers in anyway - in terms of their interaction with a stereo?
    I don't know, I have no sims that are toddlers in any of my games at this time. They are either older or still on their way in my games at this time.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Quick workaround: Go to buy mode, sell the stereo, then press the undo button and go back to live mode. The animation will disappear after a second.
  • mayz_simsmayz_sims Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the exact same problem. Seams like a glitch with the update..
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Quick workaround: Go to buy mode, sell the stereo, then press the undo button and go back to live mode. The animation will disappear after a second.

I can't reproduce the workaround :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I'll have to try that. Thank you for sharing the work around tip here. :)
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Same here !
    edited May 2017

Hmm, I tried it with too big stereo models and it worked perfectly. Have you turned the stereo off before selling and re-selling it?

PS: The workaround doesn't fix the problem permanently, it just cancels the ugly yellow silent-music animation until the next time.
    mayz_sims wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem. Seams like a glitch with the update..
    This one I know for certain was a result of today's game patch. Otherwise I would have noticed this in my game by now.

Hmm that workaround isn't working for me.

Hmm, I tried it with too big stereo models and it worked perfectly. Have you turned the stereo off before selling and re-selling it?
    But what if the stereo was already turned off?
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    My stereo is on all the time without option to turn it off :( I sold it, purchase it again, nothing helps.
    My stereo is on all the time without option to turn it off :( I sold it, purchase it again, nothing helps.

Ok, I don't have this bug. I still can turn the radio off. The music stops, but a giant yellow "notes animation" remains. This can be stopped by selling + undo button.

Thanks for the reports everyone, we're seeing this too :)
    Thank you for chiming in SimGuruNick. It reassures us that are experiencing this in our games that the Sims Team see it too, and is on the case. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member

PS: The workaround doesn't fix the problem permanently, it just cancels the ugly yellow silent-music animation until the next time.

Yep, tried that. Didn't work for me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Same.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited May 2017
    Out of curiosity, was the visual stereo notes animation updated? It seems different. Or maybe I just paid closer attention to it now.

Yep, tried that. Didn't work for me.

I did some further testing and could reproduce my workaround with all stereo models.

It is essential that you undo the selling in buy mode with the small arrow next to the "delete hammer". Buying a new stereo from the catalogue will not stop the animation.