Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little fixes here and there

It would be neat if you fixed a few things. The ones that stand out the most to me are:

Aleister's Elixir shop sometimes has small pets outside and you can watch them, but not collect them. This also happens at the big rock formation near the waterfall beside the harvestables in Sunset Valley. It would've been nice if it was fixed to where small animals couldn't escape when in World Adventures.

I've heard of routing issues with WA, which I assume can't be fixed. I've also heard of Island Paradise problems. I haven't come across any except the ones I mentioned above.

Not sure if anyone would ever try to fix those, but it would be nice. :)

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    There is no one working on the sims 3 since 2014. The game is finished. EA is not fixing anything

There are fixes for IP http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

There maybe some mods that will fix some of the issues you mention. Speak to @igazor
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    There is no one working on the sims 3 since 2014. The game is finished. EA is not fixing anything

There are fixes for IP http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

There maybe some mods that will fix some of the issues you mention. Speak to @igazor

Thanks. Someone mentioned on here that they were making some changes to the Sims 3 site, so I just wondered if they could tweak some little things. The bird/ect. that you can't obtain at Alestier's Potion shop really bugs(excuse the pun) me. :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    There is no direct connection between the TS3 website that just went through maintenance and our actual games. As mentioned, although EA keeps the site and store up and running, there hasn't been a TS3 game development team in place for over three years. The last meaningful patch we got that actually affects gameplay was the post-ITF Patch 1.66 in Jan 2014. The subsequent 1.67 update was trivial and the more recent 1.69 only concerns itself with the Origin tie-in and how the game starts up, not how it plays.

Have you tried designing your own Potions shop complete with cash register and small animal spawners or does the problem follow you over to a new such lot if you do this?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    There is no direct connection between the TS3 website that just went through maintenance and our actual games. As mentioned, although EA keeps the site and store up and running, there hasn't been a TS3 game development team in place for over three years. The last meaningful patch we got that actually affects gameplay was the post-ITF Patch 1.66 in Jan 2014. The subsequent 1.67 update was trivial and the more recent 1.69 only concerns itself with the Origin tie-in and how the game starts up, not how it plays.

Have you tried designing your own Potions shop complete with cash register and small animal spawners or does the problem follow you over to a new such lot if you do this?

I haven't, but I don't think it would as I think routing may be the issue with the stuck birds. Just a guess. :)

I've made millions of lots, but have never made spawners(fish or otherwise). It may say it there in build mode, but I've never paid attention before. Just so I can figure it out easy, how do you make spawners: small animals and fish? I still play S3 and I suddenly realized that it might be helpful to know this. Thanks for any info. :)

edited June 2017
    Ctrl+ Shift + C to bring up the cheats console. Testingcheatsenabled true (enter).
    Cheats console again. Buydebug on (enter).

When in Build/Buy Mode, this will open up new categories of placeable items under "?" secion. The spawners I believe have their own tab, they look like various kinds of shapes but mousing over them will tell you which ones are which.

Be sure to switch Buydebug off again when finished.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    You'll have to be in 'sort by function' to see the new "?" (buybebug) tab at the top. It won't show in 'sort by room'. Also check out the Misc tab. The invisible lights there can be quite useful.
    edited June 2017
    While you're in there "shopping" for spawners and invisible lights, also look for the secret bed no one ever talks about that is actually a makeshift mattress seated on old newspapers and trash. Makes a great guest bed for the garage (if you don't like your guests). See if you can figure out what the side-effect is from sleeping on it, doesn't take very long and it's kind of funny. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Ctrl+ Shift + C to bring up the cheats console. Testingcheatsenabled true (enter).
    Cheats console again. Buydebug on (enter).

When in Build/Buy Mode, this will open up new categories of placable items under "?" secion. The spawners I believe have their own tab, they look like various kinds of shapes but mousing over them will tell you which ones are which.

Be sure to switch Buydebug off again when finished.
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    You'll have to be in 'sort by function' to see the new "?" (buybebug) tab at the top. It won't show in 'sort by room'. Also check out the Misc tab. The invisible lights there can be quite useful.
    While you're in there "shopping" for spawners and invisible lights, also look for the secret bed no one ever talks about that is actually a makeshift mattress seated on old newspapers and trash. Makes a great guest bed for the garage (if you don't like your guests). See if you can figure out what the side-effect is from sleeping on it, doesn't take very long and it's kind of funny. :p

Wow, thanks guys. That is something I really needed to know. Also, as long as I was on the S3 forums, sometimes nearly dayly, I have never heard of the makeshift mattress :o:p . Thanks Igazor for the the help and info. & thanks Trynutz for your help as well. I know I will be using these features and looking for that bed when I ever get around to it. Thanks and happy simming. :)