Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim is Getting Fat!

Hey all!

So when I created my sim, she was slender, and now she's super plump. She's a level 10 cook in both gourmet and regular, but I've been having her make nothing but salads. She goes to the gym every night to work out, and I have her jog in her free time. It seems like she's getting bigger and bigger! She's not pregnant either. Her husband is getting a little round too, but he's managing to stay the same size, or lose little by little just from the "go jogging" option at their house. Is there a glitch, or am I doing it wrong? Every time I log in she gets bigger and I can't stop laughing at the effort I'm putting in to get her smaller. Maybe some sims have thyroid issues?

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    maybe it's the muscles?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2017
    What kind of exercise are you making her do at the gym?
    In my experience, it's similar to real life, where in order to burn fat you need to do cardiovascular exercise, like running on the treadmill, jogging, or swimming.
    Putting her on the weightlifting machine will just make her gain muscle.
    Jogging should be helping but I would take her to the gym and make her run till she's thin again >:)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I have opposite problem. I make heavy sims for a reason and they do no exercise at all and poof they skinny.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Could be the type of salad you're making maybe? Foods all have certain calorie values. Gourmet foods tend to have high calories, so if there's some kind of gourmet salad you're making, that could be the culprit.

Grilled foods such as chicken, salmon, and steak, all have 0 calories. There are others, but those are the ones I can remember best. Stick to foods such as those, and try getting their athletic level up so you can do more intense workouts.
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,077 Member
    You could try having her go to the gym, gain a whole skill in fitness while working out, then restart your game after saving. Works for me so far.
    When I restart my save the fat has been splat and my sim is lean after working out and gaining a skill from it. :)
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    if you have the cool kitchen stuff sp use the icecream maker. it has a green icecream that makes a sim skinny if they eat 3 cones in a row
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    You could try having her go to the gym, gain a whole skill in fitness while working out, then restart your game after saving. Works for me so far.
    When I restart my save the fat has been splat and my sim is lean after working out and gaining a skill from it. :)

You don't have to restart, changing outfits will usually accomplish the same thing.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • GdurmaGdurma Posts: 490 Member
    Thanks everyone for the swift replies! I was having her do heavy lifting at the gym, but then jogging at home. I wasn't making gourmet dishes, but I had been for awhile. Good to know about the calorie mechanic and the green ice cream haha! That's all interesting! I've got her at the gym now.. I'll just have her use the treadmill!
    Oh, I do have another question! Do the workout options with (Push the limits) have a chance to kill my sim or anything? Haha I want her to lose weight and get fit at the gym, but I don't want to overdo it and accidentally kill her!
    Gdurma wrote: »
    Oh, I do have another question! Do the workout options with (Push the limits) have a chance to kill my sim or anything? Haha I want her to lose weight and get fit at the gym, but I don't want to overdo it and accidentally kill her!

Nah, the worst that happens is they pull a muscle and it won't let you continue.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member

@Gdurma Only if your sim is an elder.
    You can also use mods like Natural Metabolism if mods are your cup of tea.
    Thank you! She seems to be getting smaller haha!
  • ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    I realized everytime my sim has a baby her hips get huge no matter how much she works out she never gets any smaller I always end up having to use cheats so I can go into full cas mode to slim her hips back down. Also has anyone else noticed when your sim works out alot and is a woman she gets ripped legs like a dude, that drives me nuts no matter what exercise she does her legs always get muscle and thick.
    MiataPlay wrote: »

You don't have to restart, changing outfits will usually accomplish the same thing.

This is good to know.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Good for her!
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    This post can also come in handy, it lists the calories in the different dishes: http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/876976/calories-in-foods
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• mnmpretzelmnmpretzel Posts: 15 Member
    There is the slim or lean potion that she can drink as well
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    mnmpretzel wrote: »
    There is the slim or lean potion that she can drink as well
    Yes - that potion is very, very handy.

(Plus the one to reset a Sim's age when you have two Sims that are too many days apart and you can use it to sort of balance them a bit closer - I like my male Sims older than their female partners.)
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I did not realize there was really different caloric values to food in the game! Now I want to make a story about roommates who have different dieting habits! LOL Thanks for the info! o:)
    I love my Sims to be well versed in cooking (a Sims gotta eat anyway, so why not get some good moodlets going!? ;) ) And now with the City Living pack, I'm obsessed with learning all the new recipes, so that means my Sims are now eating everything in sight when they are in the city! LOL Its like every day is the State Fair for them! :D But I still want a variety of body types in my game, so some of them need to exercise more now.
    Does anyone have any hard data on how the new basketball hoop affects weight and muscle on our Sims? :* Do different options on it do different things for them health wise? Thanks!
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Deon329Deon329 Posts: 7 New Member
    Buy insta lean potion with satisfaction points.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hey all!

So when I created my sim, she was slender, and now she's super plump. She's a level 10 cook in both gourmet and regular, but I've been having her make nothing but salads. She goes to the gym every night to work out, and I have her jog in her free time. It seems like she's getting bigger and bigger! She's not pregnant either. Her husband is getting a little round too, but he's managing to stay the same size, or lose little by little just from the "go jogging" option at their house. Is there a glitch, or am I doing it wrong? Every time I log in she gets bigger and I can't stop laughing at the effort I'm putting in to get her smaller. Maybe some sims have thyroid issues?

Buy the potion, instant lean.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I'm glad the sims can gain weight in this game..keeps it real and the food is obviously delish!
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    Has she had children in the past? That could be the reason.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I did an experiment with this. I started a save with a female sim who was the max body weight. Every day I had her eat nothing but regular salads and fruit salads. She worked out on the treadmill and went jogging. It only took a week to get her to max slender. I was a bit surprised because it seems like when I'm just playing my regular sims it takes forever to lose baby weight. Good luck!
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Hey all!

I'm honestly relieved it's not like how it is in sims 3, sim gets or is remade fat and loses all the weight over night... I mean in sims 3 you have to work to keep your sim fat but in sims 4, they got it right, you have to work to keep your sim thin.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg