Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please stop letting strangers join conversations on dates.

Comments

• Options
    ElderSimChildElderSimChild Posts: 38 Member
    I hate this too. It's impossible for two Sims to have a private conversation in public without some random Sim crashing the conversation.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    i disagree with everything stated in this thread even if sims are on dates i do not see anything wrong in other sims wanting to join the conversation.
    In real life this would be beyond awkward. Its rude and such a conversation is none of anyones business. I dont have random people on my (vampire) lot but I had one random come to another house. He just appeared in the living room while two sims were getting romantic. Thats not supposed to happen.

The problem is that a date doesnt disable the random action generator to attempt to interact with the surrounding sims or them interacting with our sims. A solution would be a table for two that shields our sims from townies completely.
  • Options
    orlyonokorlyonok Posts: 191 Member
    I hate it when that happens too.
    At least they could remove the awkward-thing about two people falling in love. Why is that even awkward to begin with?
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @JumpingTrains said:
    > This is so annoying. Yesterday I had 2 YAs on a date, and suddenly the Laandgrab kid, who they don't know, joins in to the conversation and makes the conversation become awkward and my sims refusing to do romantic interactions until I made him go away.
    >
    > I get that the game is meant to be social but c'mon, these things can potentially ruin dates and no offense but my sims don't really need any type of contact with a teen who keeps doing evil/mischief interactions because of his traits.

you can click on them in TS4 and say go away.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

you can click on them in TS4 and say go away.

This is rather time-consuming, annoying and troublesome though. The thing is those same people might show back up, and "Go away/Ask to leave" must be fished out of the library of social interactions we have. It would be nice to be able to just X out individual sims at the top of the screen to immediately kick them out. Such a feature would even help improve GTW retail, too.

Some socials and their success likewise depend on the mood of the convo. If you ask a Risque Question and some old lady walks up like "HEY U GUYS TRADING POKEMANZ CAN I SEE?", then your convo may immediately dive from "Suggestive Conversation" to "Awkward Conversation." This might make Ask Risque Question fail, and that makes the date even more time-consuming and difficult.

Even if solutions exist, they're slow and troublesome, and we're left asking why this should even be an issue to begin with. Sims are sooooooooooo liberal about chatting up strangers that even if they see two sims making out on a sofa, they're gonna sit down next to them and ask them if they saw last night's game. If that cannot be remedied (I mean cmon, it CAN, it's just a question of will they bother), then alternatively a faster method of ejecting people from conversations would be appreciated.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    What bugs me the most is when my active sim is on a date with an inactive sim and there's absolutely nothing you can do about the conversation with the date who is not a part of that household they will continue to converse with said sim butting in on the date. It really grinds my gears. I'm like AHHHH Stop talking to them and pay attention to my sim LOL you are on a date for goodness sake.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2017
    Bear31 wrote: »
    I see both sides of the coin.....I totally get the whole romantic vibe going on and some sim decides to jump in. Usually I ask them to go or tell them goodbye and it works.

As for the social side of things? Well, real life is like that. You go out and you make friends. There are always going to be others that butt into conversations or overhear people and make comments.

So I feel like they need to have a date buffer for the romance side of things. Have them be able to interact with others IF THEY WANT OR NEED TO (caps for emphasis). Socially? I just ask that they not appear in my sim's friends/family panel unless they truly are friends/family. I think that it'd be cool though to have an option of "add to phone contacts" if you want the acquaintance to become a friend later. When picking this option, they are added to the list of people they know......therefore giving the player the power.
    No it's not. If you see a romantic couple, you don't join. And if I see a family or group of people having dinner I don't join either. Not even when I know them. I say hello in the latter case, but I'm not going to join them uninvited.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I see both sides of the coin.....I totally get the whole romantic vibe going on and some sim decides to jump in. Usually I ask them to go or tell them goodbye and it works.

As for the social side of things? Well, real life is like that. You go out and you make friends. There are always going to be others that butt into conversations or overhear people and make comments.

So I feel like they need to have a date buffer for the romance side of things. Have them be able to interact with others IF THEY WANT OR NEED TO (caps for emphasis). Socially? I just ask that they not appear in my sim's friends/family panel unless they truly are friends/family. I think that it'd be cool though to have an option of "add to phone contacts" if you want the acquaintance to become a friend later. When picking this option, they are added to the list of people they know......therefore giving the player the power.
    No it's not. If you see a romantic couple, you don't join. And if I see a family or group of people having dinner I don't join either. Not even when I know them. I say hello in the latter case, but I'm not going to join them uninvited.

You mean you don't walk up to couples that are making out and ask them what they think of the new Mario trailer? I do that all the time.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

You mean you don't walk up to couples that are making out and ask them what they think of the new Mario trailer? I do that all the time.
    Yeah, I know, I'm a bit strange :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I rather them make out and have the prude old lady back Mrs Crumblebottom and hit our sims with her purse on a date. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I rather them make out and have the prude old lady back Mrs Crumblebottom and hit our sims with her purse on a date. :joy:
    Yes, that I actually would love :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Yes, that I actually would love :D
    Though then she would be hitting our sims for having bathing suits on even if there is a swimming pool on the lot. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    For me it's not just dates, all sorts of social intrusion from strangers are usually weird, and the most annoying of all is I cannot cancel that queue! Even when I clicked on the queue to cancel, the stranger still came all the way to talk; resulting in unwanted relationship gain.
    I mean, at least let the players having control on who and when they want to be hopped-in by stranger conversations!
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @Simmer_chiyen said:
    > For me it's not just dates, all sorts of social intrusion from strangers are usually weird, and the most annoying of all is I cannot cancel that queue! Even when I clicked on the queue to cancel, the stranger still came all the way to talk; resulting in unwanted relationship gain.
    > I mean, at least let the players having control on who and when they want to be hopped-in by stranger conversations!

I had that before on a date. I end up clicking on the annoying person and found (go away), I click that and they left.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited June 2017
    Of the many things I find annoying, this isn't actually one of them :)

Dating in a public space is fraught with risk - I could even quote some real world examples :blush:

If there is a promise in the air, then I suggest the glowing couple seek a location with some privacy.

The game does provide a range of options that can be used to solve the problem of those uncouth enough to intrude, tho' - from telling them to go away to the Sim Ray or if a vampire, just deprive em of their needs and leave the intruder as a puddle on the floor and then the sims can go back to their moment :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    They simply (no pun intended) seem to be far too keen on talking to eachother in this version. In Sims 3 the Sims would mostly leave eachother alone, except for when they didn't. But here it's just horrible. I can't even let two parents flirt with eachother without their child daughter coming into the room to talk about animals with them.
    Even if they went to the bathroom.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Agreed. I don't want my sims to make friends unless I chose them to. Another example is when karaoke night starts and you are there, the game adds all these random Sims who are there to my friends category. Please fix. Unless, I chose someone as a friend they should not be added and the same goes for random sims joining my conversation.

It is pretty annoying. If I'm in a house filled with other sims, and I tell a sim to sit in a room by themselves, they ignore what I say seconds after and move to a room where all the sims are. Even if their social need is high.

Not to mention people joining my conversation randomly.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member

Real life is most certainly like that on the social side of things......I wasn't talking about romance or dating when I said "socially?..." What I mean was, other than dates specifically.....hence my talk about having a romance buffer. Otherwise, going out IRL opens up opportunity that someone is going to come around and chat you up that you don't know sometimes. It's plausible. As for going up and just sitting down at a table where friends are gathered, I sometimes see that happening at public places if seating is limited.
  • Options

Real life is most certainly like that on the social side of things......I wasn't talking about romance or dating when I said "socially?..." What I mean was, other than dates specifically.....hence my talk about having a romance buffer. Otherwise, going out IRL opens up opportunity that someone is going to come around and chat you up that you don't know sometimes. It's plausible. As for going up and just sitting down at a table where friends are gathered, I sometimes see that happening at public places if seating is limited.
    I think I misinterpreted "I totally get the whole romantic vibe going". I thought you meant you get the game, but maybe you meant you get what people complain about in that respect? Of course it's possible people join a social interaction irl, but as so often in this game (and by that I don't just mean Sims 4 but also Sims 3) it's all about balance, not overdoing it. It can be nice when sims your sims know join in, but not when they do it all the time. And you mention the romance buffer, which indeed would be something, but I'd like to include a strangers buffer to that. It doesn't make sense total stranger push their way into private conversations all the time. Life isn't Twitter ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    amanda88mamanda88m Posts: 39 Member
    Yes, I totally agree! I don't have this problem with just dates though-- this would bother me when a sim butts in on any conversation really. I would love it if EA could add a tiny "x" button in the corner of a person's icon whenever you hover over them in the conversation panel, & clicking the "x" would make the sim leave the conversation and go do something else. Here's a picture for some visualization :smile:

yLdGc3I.png

Please, EA? <3
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

I think I misinterpreted "I totally get the whole romantic vibe going". I thought you meant you get the game, but maybe you meant you get what people complain about in that respect? Of course it's possible people join a social interaction irl, but as so often in this game (and by that I don't just mean Sims 4 but also Sims 3) it's all about balance, not overdoing it. It can be nice when sims your sims know join in, but not when they do it all the time. And you mention the romance buffer, which indeed would be something, but I'd like to include a strangers buffer to that. It doesn't make sense total stranger push their way into private conversations all the time. Life isn't Twitter ;)

Exactly. Butting in sometimes - I'm fine with that. However, when it happens always/usually ; to commonly, than no thanks!
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited June 2017
    I just sent two of my Sims on a date. I found it annoying the girl was talking to the people at the next table. She got up to talk to them too. I was worried she wouldn't sit back down, but she did once their food arrived. The guy was a perfect date, he didn't get up or talk to anyone else. :p
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I just sent two of my Sims on a date. I found it annoying the girl was talking to the people at the next table. She got up to talk to them too. I was worried she wouldn't sit back down, but she did once their food arrived. The guy was a perfect date, he didn't get up or talk to anyone else. :p

Heck mine was the opposite lol. The guy got up and danced and talked to other sims while my sim sat there waiting for her food and date to come back lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    This is so annoying. Yesterday I had 2 YAs on a date, and suddenly the Laandgrab kid, who they don't know, joins in to the conversation and makes the conversation become awkward and my sims refusing to do romantic interactions until I made him go away.

I get that the game is meant to be social but c'mon, these things can potentially ruin dates and no offense but my sims don't really need any type of contact with a teen who keeps doing evil/mischief interactions because of his traits.

Does 'goodbye' not work? Maybe that is what needs beefed up. (ETA) maybe like get to steppin', get out of here, get out of my conversation, and immediate end of conversation and Sim immediately walks away.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.