Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so the patch should be today ?

Comments

• Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Ah, nice to have some of these pesky bugs stomped. Thank you for donning your Bugbuster suits, jumping into your 1950 ambulance, driving into the guts of the game, and braving the prospect of being, um... bug juiced.

SimGuru Ninja: It's looking at me....
    SimGuru Nick: If you and the rest of the players could wait out here, we'll take care of everything... (Shuts door.)
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    > @poeticnebula said:
    > Simanite wrote: »
    >
    > What are the detective, Dine Out, dressing table and waterslide glitches/bugs? I haven't heard/encountered.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't know about the others but my kids can seem to access the dressing table from anywhere in the house. I've had them putting on makeup while eating, coloring, and playing on the computer when the dressing table was located on another level. I don't mind it though cause it's funny to watch.

Mine does the same thing. He got his makeup on while eating breakfest in the morning before school. He went to school wearing makeup and god embarrassed LOL. I wish I could post pictures, he looked so funny :D

By the way, the same child got invited to hangout to Sergio Romeo's house :( I guess this bug was not fixed, adults are still calling and inviting children.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Superkam64 wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    The new lamps are great. And I really like the way they redid the menu to load your games.
    New%20Menu_zpswebo1ydx.jpg

What's up with the blurry thumbnail images?
    I have the same issue in my game.
    C'mon it's 2017 not 1997...

It's strange, I went back and re-saved a bunch of my saves, and most thumbnails were blurry but a couple of them were clear. The blurry thumbnail may not be intended.
    Could be tied to your graphics settings if you play on low graphics (I'm just guessing).

I have it set to medium-high graphics, but even when I raised it, some thumbnails were still blurry.

Here's what my load game menu looks like: Screenshot%20599_zpsi3f9ldf6.png

Half of them are blurry, half of them not, it's so odd. Anyway, it's still a big improvement from before, and I love how I don't have to go through investigations to figure out which save file is which lol.
    Weird. I suggest making a thread about it in the bugs forum if you haven't already.

I agree though. The save interface has a refreshingly modern touch now.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    The new lamps are great. And I really like the way they redid the menu to load your games.

It's strange, I went back and re-saved a bunch of my saves, and most thumbnails were blurry but a couple of them were clear. The blurry thumbnail may not be intended.
    Could be tied to your graphics settings if you play on low graphics (I'm just guessing).

I have it set to medium-high graphics, but even when I raised it, some thumbnails were still blurry.

Half of them are blurry, half of them not, it's so odd. Anyway, it's still a big improvement from before, and I love how I don't have to go through investigations to figure out which save file is which lol.
    Weird. I suggest making a thread about it in the bugs forum if you haven't already.

Oh I was browsing Twitter and found a fix for it from simgurunick. You have to change something in the household (clothing, age, add sim). It should fix the blurry thumbnail!

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @Superkam64 thank you for posting that here. I wonder why it does that? My graphics are all at the highest and I still have some blurry ones. Strange that some would be fine and some not.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited May 2017
    so there are no changes to the traits whatsoever, or did i miss something ?

the best thing probably is
    "With cheats turned on, you should now be able to modify NPCs in Create a Sim by shift clicking on them and choosing "Modify in CAS". "
    brings some flow to the gameplay
    but on the other hand since they get culled since culling is still mandatory, so it's no use to change them anyway :tongue:
    or are there finally options to turn culling off ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I expect a wall of text with needless "jokes" that bloat the size of the patch log by a ridiculous margin, accompanied by about 3-4 bug fixes, amongst them a fix to a sofa casting shadows incorrectly. :/

Would love to be wrong.

Well good news, you are mostly wrong, they still have a few jokes (but some of us appreciate the added humor).
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    I really don't understand the hate for the patch jokes! I absolutely love them. With all there is out there to complain about you want to take a little fun away too? :'(

I know right? Especially when patch notes without the added humor can be seen in other sites, and there are often posts on the forums where people list a few of them. If people don't like the patch notes for the humor, then they have all the right not to read them, this is the official forum for the game, it's not just a forum for us to discuss the game, make jokes and read news/updates, it's just as much a forum for the Sims Team to do all that we do and more. If the fun is taken away from us, it's probably taken away from them too :(
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    In all honesty, I don't see how the added humor and 'bloating' of patch notes is a valid thing to complain about, if you don't want to read all the unnecessary things, skim-reading is an option, they often highlight the added objects and fixes before they make the jokes.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I just checked mine but I only have one thumbnail with my household. All the others just have the 'unknown' thumbnail. :D But the one that shows is clear for me.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I can't see any actual changes, which is a shame.

A new hairstyle would have been cool. Or a Summer item.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    lmusic wrote: »

they added three new lamps, in case you wanted anything specific
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    lmusic wrote: »

they added three new lamps, in case you wanted anything specific

I'm very happy with those lamps. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    Ooh, thanks. Haven't seen them yet
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2017
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I expect a wall of text with needless "jokes" that bloat the size of the patch log by a ridiculous margin, accompanied by about 3-4 bug fixes, amongst them a fix to a sofa casting shadows incorrectly. :/

Would love to be wrong.

Well good news, you are mostly wrong, they still have a few jokes (but some of us appreciate the added humor).

Eh. :|

The way I see it, bug fixes have different severity. Take this as an example list:

-Severe/Fix ASAP (anything regarding ever-increasing time distortion)
    -Highly Important (Doctor/Detective careers)
    -Intrusive (Sims walking across the lot to wave at a nobody before continuing their task)
    -Average (Tamed Thirst Vamps spamming the thirsty animation)
    -Low Priority (Standing while watching TV)
    -Minor glitch (Adults inviting kids to night clubs)
    -Small mistakes (Chair #245 always casts a shadow facing north regardless of time of day)

The thing about this patch and past patches is the past patches we've gotten since ~toddlers have all had fixes for Low priority issues or minor glitches, the biggest bugs fixed being some of the most recent ones their last patch triggered. (AKA a patch in January breaks voices so that males are always female-voiced, a patch in February remedies it)

This patch? We've got several fixes to average-quality bugs.

I'm of a mixed opinion about the patch because I'm happy it's an improvement over the last couple patches we got, but I also don't exactly want to go praising them for a patch I used to expect as the standard. It's nice to see a standard quality patch with actual bug fixes, but I still have to wonder why the Doctor and Detective careers for example are taking so long to fix and I still wouldn't feel right praising them for....well, doing their job. I get that stuff like time distortion may be a long-term project that they need time to really crack down on, but the functionality of two careers and 66% of an expansion's careers...? Yeah, that's pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 important, and as I recall that bug has existed since...December? Longer? Dunno, but I really have to wonder what happened to the BIG issue fixes.

This patch is a nice return to fixing standard issues instead of minor inconveniences. We still haven't returned to fixing huge feature-breaking bugs though, so I'm a bit hesitant to celebrate.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I haven't patched yet. Should I hold off?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @fullspiral Tough question. Some people are clearly having issues. I played without incident after the patch and was delighted to be able to use the pool venue again with swimming townies and everything. But I guess there is a risk of catching some new bugs. So ... no help deciding from me, I guess. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member

Would love to be wrong.

Eh. :|

The way I see it, bug fixes have different severity. Take this as an example list:

-Severe/Fix ASAP (anything regarding ever-increasing time distortion)
    -Highly Important (Doctor/Detective careers)
    -Intrusive (Sims walking across the lot to wave at a nobody before continuing their task)
    -Average (Tamed Thirst Vamps spamming the thirsty animation)
    -Low Priority (Standing while watching TV)
    -Minor glitch (Adults inviting kids to night clubs)
    -Small mistakes (Chair #245 always casts a shadow facing north regardless of time of day)

The thing about this patch and past patches is the past patches we've gotten since ~toddlers have all had fixes for Low priority issues or minor glitches, the biggest bugs fixed being some of the most recent ones their last patch triggered. (AKA a patch in January breaks voices so that males are always female-voiced, a patch in February remedies it)

This patch? We've got several fixes to average-quality bugs.

I'm of a mixed opinion about the patch because I'm happy it's an improvement over the last couple patches we got, but I also don't exactly want to go praising them for a patch I used to expect as the standard. It's nice to see a standard quality patch with actual bug fixes, but I still have to wonder why the Doctor and Detective careers for example are taking so long to fix and I still wouldn't feel right praising them for....well, doing their job. I get that stuff like time distortion may be a long-term project that they need time to really crack down on, but the functionality of two careers and 66% of an expansion's careers...? Yeah, that's pretty plum important, and as I recall that bug has existed since...December? Longer? Dunno, but I really have to wonder what happened to the BIG issue fixes.

This patch is a nice return to fixing standard issues instead of minor inconveniences. We still haven't returned to fixing huge feature-breaking bugs though, so I'm a bit hesitant to celebrate.

I have a feeling that the time distortion issue is just a matter of 20,000 alarms going off at once (Just made up that number). So it'll naturally take awhile to fix. Although I have noticed
    Sims that have been turned into Vampires should no longer have a non-functional age bar.
    I noticed that EA's fix was identical to the one I've been using in one of my mods.

• TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    So...umm...stereos have animations showing they're on even though they are not, scripts are still failing with items in my build inventory, small flea marketed purchased items still vanish, fruits still float since 2014, Sims still standing outside of homes when returning from work, Sims still walking a mile after cancelling an action....and these are things I saw after only playing for about an hour. Are we sure there was even a patch that actually did something other than make a cute save page?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @TravisBlackfox It sure did, we have new lamps and pools work as intended again. :)
    What is the floating fruit thing, not sure I've heard that one before?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Oh I was browsing Twitter and found a fix for it from simgurunick. You have to change something in the household (clothing, age, add sim). It should fix the blurry thumbnail!

Deleting the thumbnail cache file in your Sims 4 folder works as well to resolve the bluriness.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I really don't understand the hate for the patch jokes! I absolutely love them. With all there is out there to complain about you want to take a little fun away too? :'(

I know right? Especially when patch notes without the added humor can be seen in other sites, and there are often posts on the forums where people list a few of them. If people don't like the patch notes for the humor, then they have all the right not to read them, this is the official forum for the game, it's not just a forum for us to discuss the game, make jokes and read news/updates, it's just as much a forum for the Sims Team to do all that we do and more. If the fun is taken away from us, it's probably taken away from them too :(

It's simple, when your game has been crashing, when detectives can't find the suspects and have to drop out of the career, when lagging and freezing is an every moment occurrence frustration builds up. Jokes are never appreciated when people are serious about their problems. They start feeling like get to the meat already, I'm starving.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

It's simple, when your game has been crashing, when detectives can't find the suspects and have to drop out of the career, when lagging and freezing is an every moment occurrence frustration builds up. Jokes are never appreciated when people are serious about their problems. They start feeling like get to the meat already, I'm starving.

Nevermind that, it's the simple matter that if I go to patch notes to seek news and information, I want news and information. I don't want to hunt for it.

The suggestion was "if you don't like the jokes, don't read them." I'm sorry, have the people making this suggestion ever read the patch notes...? Try reading patch notes sometime while dodging the jokes and not accidently skipping over a single serious bit of info. Might as well play Where's Waldo while colorblind.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    @TravisBlackfox It sure did, we have new lamps and pools work as intended again. :)
    What is the floating fruit thing, not sure I've heard that one before?

I still have yet to check on the pool issue. The floating fruit thing is something I've had a problem with (all possible suggestions to fix it failed unfortunately). It's when you have a tree too close to your lot edge and when it's removed the fruit remain caught between your lot and the next. I'm not sure how to describe it. I was looking through the forum for answers (and on Google) and found this was an issue addressed all the way back in 2014 but apparently hasn't been resolved...at least not in my game :( And speaking of lamps, my light dim and color choosing still doesn't seem to be fixed either. I do know that was one of the bugs fixed I was excited about. I guess I'll repair the game and reset folders just in case. I know the flea market issue has been causing people grief as well. I would have personally liked more repairs than lamps >.<
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Do we no longer have a forum for reporting bugs like technical? Did it get removed?