Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so the patch should be today ?

husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
The patch should be coming today as usual considering the parenthood pack coming like in 6 more days

So what are you expecting to be patched ?
yondu-guardians1.jpg
over here i post my cc
new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
you may know me as g1g2

Post edited by husseinandali on

Comments

• FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    tomorrow is wednesday for me, but yeah it will probably be on thursday :)
    i'm just praying for bug fixes. nothing else. just please bug fixes!
  • John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    2 main requests: PLEASE FIX -Dine Out food quality glitch AND PLEASE FIX -Rabbit hole City Living events not working (i.e. Opera)
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    It is now Wednesday for me. So hopefully we will get the patch tomorrow. Because I'm curious to find out what Parenthood related stuff will be in it. I wish that they can give us a little hint about what we can expect to be in the patch coming either tomorrow or on Friday.
  • Shadia13Shadia13 Posts: 22 Member
    i've been constantly checking the patch notes section for the may patch update like crazy! I hope it'll be sometime this or next week.... ugh the suspense is driving me insane! :blush: XD
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Shadia13 wrote: »
    i've been constantly checking the patch notes section for the may patch update like crazy! I hope it'll be sometime this or next week.... ugh the suspense is driving me insane! :blush: XD
    The patch will be out this week if it contains some Parenthood related contents in it. These patches that contain this stuff usually come out the week just before the release of the Pack.
  • John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    [quote] @DeservedCriticism said:
    > I expect a wall of text with needless "jokes" that bloat the size of the patch log by a ridiculous margin, accompanied by about 3-4 bug fixes, amongst them a fix to a sofa casting shadows incorrectly. :/
    >
    > Would love to be wrong.[/quote]

LMAO someone get the aloe vera!
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I expect a wall of text with needless "jokes" that bloat the size of the patch log by a ridiculous margin, accompanied by about 3-4 bug fixes, amongst them a fix to a sofa casting shadows incorrectly. :/

Would love to be wrong.

Basically. I loathe the crap jokes more than anything
  • ana1959ana1959 Posts: 22 New Member
    > @DeservedCriticism said:
    > MrMonty96 wrote: »
    >
    > DeservedCriticism wrote: »
    >
    > I expect a wall of text with needless "jokes" that bloat the size of the patch log by a ridiculous margin, accompanied by about 3-4 bug fixes, amongst them a fix to a sofa casting shadows incorrectly. :/
    >
    > Would love to be wrong.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Basically. I loathe the plum jokes more than anything
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I really do question if someone in the office is just extremely bored, or if the purpose is specifically to make the patch notes look larger than they actually are. I'd be curious to see patch notes with the fat cut out, just to see how big they look when you only list bug fixes.
    >
    > I don't get it either, cause I find them exceedingly annoying. Every time the patch drops there's a number of bugs I'm hoping to see fixed, but I have to read through a bunch of junk just to realize the fixes I want aren't in there.
    >
    > I just wanna know if they have a fix for the Doctor Career, the Detective career, the Friend of the World reward trait, improvements to culling, fixes for lag and time distortion, improvements on musical chairs, improvements to the wonky AI that makes sims walk aaaaaall the way over to wave to someone regardless of if you've canceled the action, improvements to AI prioritizing (aka no more grabbing a dish off the filled dining table then going all the way up to the third floor for a cup before going back to the next dining table dish), the general lag around toddlers, rejoining a career ruining your career unlocks, alien face distortion, Get to Work retail employee AI being terriawful, standing while watching TV, obsessing over certain objects (was once woodworking, now I recall complaints about Basketball by people with CL), Sims canceling your commands to do random other desires they queued up that they KEEP re-queue'ing no matter how frequently you cancel them, Vampires with Tamed Thirst constantly doing the thirsty animation regardless of thirst level, vampires randomly acting inappropriately around the sun (staying in it or random sun resistant ones bursting into flames), Dine Out food quality, the Serial Romantic Reward Trait being iffy, Singing sometimes sticking and repeating after your sim stopped singing, being invited to celebrate a promotion I didn't get, being invited to a "wicked sweet party" at the nightclub at 8am, festival lag/overlap, vampire break in power being buggy, no practical method of telling random strangers to screw off when they join in on the convo between my sim and their date and cause certain romantic interactions to fail due to the "Awkward conversation" OR preventing said problem from occuring, ghosts of long dead sims not properly being culled from the relationship panel but by god my Sim's best friend lost 60% of his relationship bar, ghosts often filling random homes around town if you have "fill empty homes" checked and you need to manually evict them, collection reward plaques never arriving in the mail....
    >
    > I could go on and on. Sadly none of those are minor bugs, either. All of the ones I just listed have the potential to seriously hinder or interrupt gameplay. It's not a list of petty nitpicking, but a list of serious bugs impeding progress and annoying ones that take you out of the game and make you rather fed up with the micromanaging sims often need due to sub-par AI.

I want to thank you for giving me the best Laugh I had all day! AND for pointing out every major, important problem with the game with such... aplomb (only word I could think of at 3 in the morn). I can only hope they were able to fix half of what you mentioned. I'll settle for that. Thank you for making my morning!
  • B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 2017
    I want all of these bugs fixed, especially the GTW careers, although I'm not hopeful. I also wonder if they might modify the sim lifespans for this pack. I mean after the toddler update, most of my sim parents die of old age when their kids are teens.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    They really need to work on those life spans. I dont want my young adults to immediately have kids, just so they dont die halfway into their teenhood
  • lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I agree with the lags - going to a restaurant or doing something in GTW Careers takes years.

A meal 'out' takes literally a whole day.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    They really need to work on those life spans. I dont want my young adults to immediately have kids, just so they dont die halfway into their teenhood

I use MC Command Center to adjust the life span of my sims. You can set the amount of days for each life stage, it is great!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    B_E2009 wrote: »
    I want all of these bugs fixed, especially the GTW careers, although I'm not hopeful. I also wonder if they might modify the sim lifespans for this pack. I mean after the toddler update, most of my sim parents die of old age when their kids are teens.

The reason why I want a cursor for the life of the sims.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @DeservedCriticism You forgot the Butler bug, which has essentially stopped me from playing my favorite families, because they happen to have a butler. To clarify, I get the same butler in all the households that has a butler - and if I fire them and get a new one, lo and behold the same butler will appear in other households aswell. It's super annoying and immersion breaking.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    I expect a wall of text with needless "jokes" that bloat the size of the patch log by a ridiculous margin, accompanied by about 3-4 bug fixes, amongst them a fix to a sofa casting shadows incorrectly. :/

Would love to be wrong.

I said the same thing seems like years ago and got roasted for it by the forums lol...
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Hopefully something exciting, and performance issues fixed.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I hope it will come tomorrow. I´m ready for new content.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I hope they can fix the festival spawning bugs, where one festival spawns on top of another one and objects spawn on top or inside of food carts making them inaccessible:
    05-17-17_1-25-32PM_zpsx1xsk6tp.png05-17-17_1-25-15PM_zpsij4sauk7.png

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I'd love for the 8 am lag to be fixed. I play the 100 baby challenge so I often have 4+ kids heading to school at the same time, and the lag is horrible! The clock will keep moving, sometimes all the way to 10 AM before the game catches up and sends the kids to school, at which time the clock goes back to 8:15 or so.

I've also experienced a lot of lag recently when I use 3x speed. I notice it especially if the Sims are trying to skill up- they keep moving but nothing really happens.
  • the1975the1975 Posts: 82 Member
    Honestly, I really want to buy Dine Out, but this glitch everyone's talking about is what's stopping me. Recently, I've had the city life glitch where festivals build on top of existing food booths and when guests come over, all they do is drink water. I really do hope they focus on glitches!
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I hope they can fix the festival spawning bugs, where one festival spawns on top of another one and objects spawn on top or inside of food carts making them inaccessible:
    05-17-17_1-25-32PM_zpsx1xsk6tp.png05-17-17_1-25-15PM_zpsij4sauk7.png

Omg yes! I stopped playing in CL because of this.

I hope the whim system gets looked at and repaired a bit. Married sims getting whims to get married when they're already married is super annoying.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree with basically everything that has already been mentioned.

I also hope that they fix swimming pools. Fix the lap-swimming and let a sim keep swimming in the pool for fitness unless his/her needs drop too far or the player directs them to do otherwise. It's really annoying to click "swim here" and to have a sim climb out of the pool and then jump in near "here". The point is to swim and get fitness. It's like a swimming version of "the sitting bug" that they mostly fixed.

What's the point of an attractive swimming pool if they won't swim in it for more than a nanosecond?
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.