Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love or Hate the Goths?

Comments

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I LOVED them in Sims 2. (Hated Cassandra in Sims 1, but otherwise I liked them). I didn't like how it was done in Sims 3. But now I really like them again! To be honest, I would be upset, if they ever didn't put them in a sims game!
  • megan_mariamegan_maria Posts: 645 Member
    I used to always play the Goth family in The Sims 1 & 2 but never took interest in them in 3 & 4. I still like seeing them walk past in town etc.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I LOVED them in Sims 2. (Hated Cassandra in Sims 1, but otherwise I liked them). I didn't like how it was done in Sims 3. But now I really like them again! To be honest, I would be upset, if they ever didn't put them in a sims game!

Cassandras always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. :D
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I don't think it hurt to have Bella to help advertise Sims 4 :)

Poor Mortimer's been quite poorly treated - already an elder in Sims 2 and absolutely ferrety looking in Sims 4.

I like Cassandra and wish she could have her Sims 2 frock back. I never let her marry Don in Sims 2. I'd get her to Strangetown where she could find Vidcund Curious, her perfect match imo.

I liked to resurrect Bella and make Mortimer an adult so they could have their lives together.

I haven't played them as a family in Sims 4. I made a copy of Bella and put her in Oasis Springs. The story was that she was seeking out the aliens who'd kidnapped her in Sims 2. I got her to the top of the Astronaut career and that was hard work but the idea just sort of fizzled out. I could let her go to Sixam but it's not like she could wreak some terrible revenge or get any answers.

She's quietly living on her own, riding around in her spaceship, going fishing, gathering plants & collectibles, painting. Her friends come to visit at weekends and she seems happy enough. She's just an alternative Bella in the Sims 4 alternative universe :)

Don't feed the trolls
    ratsrbest wrote: »
    I don't think it hurt to have Bella to help advertise Sims 4 :)

Poor Mortimer's been quite poorly treated - already an elder in Sims 2 and absolutely ferrety looking in Sims 4.

I like Cassandra and wish she could have her Sims 2 frock back. I never let her marry Don in Sims 2. I'd get her to Strangetown where she could find Vidcund Curious, her perfect match imo.

I liked to resurrect Bella and make Mortimer an adult so they could have their lives together.

I haven't played them as a family in Sims 4. I made a copy of Bella and put her in Oasis Springs. The story was that she was seeking out the aliens who'd kidnapped her in Sims 2. I got her to the top of the Astronaut career and that was hard work but the idea just sort of fizzled out. I could let her go to Sixam but it's not like she could wreak some terrible revenge or get any answers.

She's quietly living on her own, riding around in her spaceship, going fishing, gathering plants & collectibles, painting. Her friends come to visit at weekends and she seems happy enough. She's just an alternative Bella in the Sims 4 alternative universe :)

I like the way you think! Sounds like a great story.
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    I've always loved the Goths but I've never gone out of my way to play with them. It wouldn't be The Sims without them or without some mention of the Landgraabs for me.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
    ponderosa wrote: »
    I've always loved the Goths but I've never gone out of my way to play with them. It wouldn't be The Sims without them or without some mention of the Landgraabs for me.

I agree! The Landgraabs are essential as well.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Love. Bella is a great grandmother in my oldest family:) i never played or met the rest of Goth family.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I delete them and most of the premades from my saves. Esp all the ones from the base games. I got tired of them being the sims the game drew on to send to every lot so they were everywhere I went. I prefer to play and see my own sims out and about for whatever sim I am playing to interact with.

It's been that way since sims 1 for me. The Goths were just some people that always showed up on my lot. They'd come in, dance and that was about the extent of how I ever saw them.

I've never, ever, in any of the series played a premade household.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I delete them and most of the premades from my saves. Esp all the ones from the base games. I got tired of them being the sims the game drew on to send to every lot so they were everywhere I went. I prefer to play and see my own sims out and about for whatever sim I am playing to interact with.

It's been that way since sims 1 for me. The Goths were just some people that always showed up on my lot. They'd come in, dance and that was about the extent of how I ever saw them.

Interesting that you've never played with a premade household! They were more interesting in the earlier versions, definitely. It seems like they are just in the background of most people's games.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

Interesting that you've never played with a premade household! They were more interesting in the earlier versions, definitely. It seems like they are just in the background of most people's games.

I just never did. I guess maybe it was because they made Bob & Betty Newby as the tutorial for S1. I assumed I was to use them to figure out how to play the game with my own sims so that's all I ever saw any of the other sims in the game. I never thought of any of the other sims as more than the same type of tutorial. I certainly didn't even think to visit their houses or play as them!
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I'm pretty neutral about them. They were the family I played the most in Sims 1 & 2. But these days, they're just like any other pre-made family and I feel Bella has been a little over-hyped; but I'm sure if they weren't in my game, it would feel a little empty.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    I don't really care much for premades The Goths are the most iconic but I wish Bella wasn't in almost every iteration of the game.
    She did help me out though. After she set my friends self-sim on fire in his game. I used MCC to turn autonomous mischief interactions off. Thanks Bella.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I have a lot of writers, so my sims will always be at least acquaintances with Mortimer. It's still weird seeing him as an adult when I was used to his TS3 kid version.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I like Cassandra the most.

I am tired of Mort and Bella.
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    ponderosa wrote: »

I agree! The Landgraabs are essential as well.

Agreed! I actively played/play with the Landgraabs in TS4 and TS3. I prefer them over the Goths, but it just wouldn't be Sims without them. Funny considering I have Bella and Mort in my avatar. It's from when I played them around the time Vampires came out. Deleted Cass and Alex, made Bella a vamp, and lived out their love story before the kids. I lost interest when it came time to add the kids in.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I've never played them in TS4. I've only ever played premades once they become relevant to my sims, like when they marry into the family.

Bella's actually always been a really great friend to some of my female sims in the past. She's very sweet. Mortimer is just kind of...there. :lol: I've warmed up to Cassandra a bit too. She's a beauty once you give her a better hairstyle and some new clothes.

I'll have to play them at some point. :smile: It's just difficult for me because it's rare that I become as attached to a premade as I do to my sims and their families.

...Although, how cool would it be to turn all the Goths into vampires and have them overthrow Vlad? >:)
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    Love them! They're my favorite family! I've always thought Bella was the prettiest base game sim in TS4.
  • picnikstoragepicnikstorage Posts: 67 Member
    Alexander is actually an attractive sim! I think he is cute. Tweaked him just a bit and used him to pollinate my legacy family lol
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @picnikstorage said:
    > Alexander is actually an attractive sim! I think he is cute. Tweaked him just a bit and used him to pollinate my legacy family lol

lol this is off topic, but the gif in your sig is the most amazing thing i've ever seen
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I love the Goths. Just because of their history and back story. They are usually the only premades I allow to stay in my game.
  • B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    I love the Goths in the Sims 2. In the Sims 4, not so much, although I do keep them around. Cassandra just doesn't look like her Sims 2 version, and I really miss the graves in their backyard. I also miss the Dreamer, Broke, Pleasant and Burb families! Gosh I used to play them all the time... Good times.
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I love having the Goths around, especially Bella! I even have a save game playing their household for peaceful gaming (no skipping time lol and just watch them live their lives)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    I like them, always killed off Bella or let her be unhappy in ts1..in ts2 I often played into the drama and ruined her family while she wasn't there, in ts3 I destroyed Mortimer's family and never let him get with Bella. Now I often give them a make over and just let the family exist in peace lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    Neutral.

Well actually, I don't really care for any pre-mades in TS4. But because they're such iconic characters in Sim lore I do like the family.