Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love or Hate the Goths?

Personally, they are my favorite premade family in the Sims series. What about y'all? Do you find them to be annoying? Do you ever play them? If so, what do you do with them?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I really don't do much with them in Sims 4, but my sim though did have a recent encounter with Bella, and it wasn't very nice. But I don't find them annoying at all. To me, if they weren't in the game, I would miss them, and this game just wouldn't feel right without them.
  • Options
    taraincognitataraincognita Posts: 109 Member
    I like the Goths. I play with them now and again - usually to experiment on. I try out mods, cc I've made, and challenges with them. Bella has been a vampire and a plant sim. Currently she is running around in a Twin Peaks t-shirt and pregnant by the same vampire that impregnated Cassandra. Ahhh...good times.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I really don't do much with them in Sims 4, but my sim though did have a recent encounter with Bella, and it wasn't very nice. But I don't find them annoying at all. To me, if they weren't in the game, I would miss them, and this game just wouldn't feel right without them.

My thoughts exactly. The Goths, to me anyways, are the Sims. They are who I initially think of whenever a new iteration is being created.
  • Options
    I like the Goths. I play with them now and again - usually to experiment on. I try out mods, cc I've made, and challenges with them. Bella has been a vampire and a plant sim. Currently she is running around in a Twin Peaks t-shirt and pregnant by the same vampire that impregnated Cassandra. Ahhh...good times.

Love that! I just turned Bella and Mortimer into vampires because I dont want them to go away in my legacy save.
  • Options
    KHS12 wrote: »

Love that! I just turned Bella and Mortimer into vampires because I dont want them to go away in my legacy save.

I understand. It is not the same without them around.
  • Options

It really isn't! I think I could honestly go without any.other.premade.family.
    But not them, no sir.
  • Options

But not them, no sir.

I'd need Don Lothario jogging around in the background. If for no other reason than looks. ;)
  • Options

But not them, no sir.

I'd need Don Lothario jogging around in the background. If for no other reason than looks. ;)

Oo ooh I forgot about good ole Don! I think I've mentally blocked out him and the Calientes because the girls are so frightening in this version, and I always group him with them.
  • Options

But not them, no sir.

Oo ooh I forgot about good ole Don! I think I've mentally blocked out him and the Calientes because the girls are so frightening in this version, and I always group him with them.

I tend to move him out into his own place. He doesn't have any romance going on with Katrina like the notes say, and a playboy needs a place of his own.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

But not them, no sir.

I tend to move him out into his own place. He doesn't have any romance going on with Katrina like the notes say, and a playboy needs a place of his own.

In most of my games, Katrina has more of a thing with Marcus Flex than she does with Don.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't bother with the premades. Never did. I just assume that the Goths, being the first family of the Sims, are going to be there. When I see Bella walk by I say to myself 'there's the chick from the box'. Of course the Goths weren't literally on the box but the sentiment is true enough. They never seem to be in my family's circle of friends, so they're just people who walk by from time to time.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

But not them, no sir.

In most of my games, Katrina has more of a thing with Marcus Flex than she does with Don.

Marcus is just as bad as Don - noncommittal. Katrina knows how to pick 'em.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    The Goths aren't my favorite family but I do like them. I find their backstory to be very interesting. Their similarity to the Addams family is also a plus.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i like them a little bit more than the other premades, but still not enough to want to interact with them or play them :s
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Neutral. I liked them more in Sims 2 when it was broken/a mysteryyyy.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Hate or like for me is irrelevant, they generally end up deleted like most of the premades.

I don't hate them, I just don't care enough to hold an opinion on them. I do appreciate that someone worked on them but I like my sim world to be filled with my sims.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Neutral. I liked them more in Sims 2 when it was broken/a mysteryyyy.

The story lines in TS2 were fantastic. Gosh I miss those.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I disliked them in Sims 1 and even more when the sexy, mysterious Bella personality cult started.
    I warmed up a bit more to them when Alexander attached himself to my first sim child in Sims 4 and they ended up having a family together.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i really love how they made mortimer and bella look younger and more attractive in TS4. it's obvious they spent more time on the goths then most of the other premades. give the premades a new hairstyle, more attractive clothing, and makeup, they would be much more attractive as well.

having been in the series from the beginning, it's always nice to see a family that you are familiar with. it makes me feel more "at home" to see some "old friends" walking through the neighborhood.

red and black being their obvious favorite colors and living in an old mansion also makes them perfect candidates for vampires.

i socialize with them, but have never played their family. i prefer to play my own sims as opposed to a premade.

• Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I love them because of their history but i havent really played with them since sims 1&2, i havent in 3 or 4 yet.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I liked the creepy haunted mansion they had in Sims Bustin Out.
  • Options
    i really love how they made mortimer and bella look younger and more attractive in TS4. it's obvious they spent more time on the goths then most of the other premades. give the premades a new hairstyle, more attractive clothing, and makeup, they would be much more attractive as well.

having been in the series from the beginning, it's always nice to see a family that you are familiar with. it makes me feel more "at home" to see some "old friends" walking through the neighborhood.

red and black being their obvious favorite colors and living in an old mansion also makes them perfect candidates for vampires.

i socialize with them, but have never played their family. i prefer to play my own sims as opposed to a premade.

Yeah I agree, I think they're ts4 version is definitely the sexiest. Like you said, they are perfect candidates for becoming vampires. I'm glad to be incorporating them in to my legacy now!
  • Options
    the1975the1975 Posts: 82 Member
    In earlier sim versions, I remember always going over to their house cause I thought the haunted aspect was cool and then I'd eventually take over their home with my own premade sim lmao.

In Sims 4, I honestly forgot about them but I'd see Bella around and even hit on her (got rejected) and eventually they all died off except for Alexander Goth. Then I didn't want the Goths to die off completely, so I got him hitched to my sim's ex-wife and now their offspring are carrying on the Goth legacy. So, I guess that means I like seeing the Goth name around!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I like the Goth family. I'm currently playing two families, one being Alexander's great-grandchildren and the other being Cassandra's great-grandchildren, They're the Goth-Campbell family. Alexander's heirs still live in the Goth home whereas Cassandra's family lives across the street from them. I play them in rotation along with the Landgraabs, Lotharios, Calientes, and a few other pre-made families.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Don't think I've ever met them in my game
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)