Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone here have part of their game deleted from Origin?

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I know this is confusing, but a long thread on the TS4 board got merged into this one on the TS3 board. It's actually around four or five different threads merged together now,

Why? This is about the sims 3 codes not the sims 4 :/ People asking about sims 4 codes should be in the sims 4 section

They were. The thread which was posted in the Sims 4 section starts here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15853955/#Comment_15853955
    However, some moderator decided to stick it in your existing thread in the Sims 3 section.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I know this is confusing, but a long thread on the TS4 board got merged into this one on the TS3 board. It's actually around four or five different threads merged together now,

Why? This is about the sims 3 codes not the sims 4 :/ People asking about sims 4 codes should be in the sims 4 section

They were. The thread which was posted in the Sims 4 section starts here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15853955/#Comment_15853955
    However, some moderator decided to stick it in your existing thread in the Sims 3 section.

Thanks @igazor just informed me that thread from TS4 section got merged into this one. Have no idea why. Either way it's not a good idea for 3 or 4 to buy codes from an unauthorized source. They may start taking away sims 4 codes too if they haven't already
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Yeh, just to clarify - it would be almost impossible for a CD Keys serial to be retracted.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Well, it took awhile (1month, 1day, 1 irate Mother on the phone with EA), but I'm glad to say that my game is back to normal.

Don't give up, y'all! If you can't get the phone tech to listen to YOU, get someone that they WILL listen to! I suffer from Autism and can't really communicate well (on phone or face-to-face)! The forum is a place I feel comfortable enough to "open up" and chat.

My mom is a no non-sense type of person. I should've let her handle it first, because it took me forever just to go thru my old (2014 and 15) Emails looking for my Amazon order confirmations for 2 of my packs! That and a couple of my other receipts had faded badly (doubt EA would've excepted the photos)!

I don't understand why EA punished US instead of the sellers directly. :confounded: I only hope it don't happen again!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @5782341b77vl - Wow, that is a long time to reach resolution. Just glad to hear that you can play again, or at least now have a path back to that.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    Why did they merge this thread? I'm so confused....
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    Goodywood wrote: »
    @plopppo2 hmm okay I see. So if they go through all of that for your purchase perhaps my card provider is making it a bit more difficult for them, since they contacted me about purchasing from CDKeys. I'm guessing that is what is causing the problem.

Where are you buying your cd keys from ? You can only buy legit cd codes off Origin, Amazon (not a 3rd party seller) , and steam. There may be some others if in the USA but ebay is not one of them. Did you get a TOS violation notice for your cd keys?

I was trying to get it from here @phoebebebe13 : http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-sims-4-bundle-pack-5-pc-origin-cd-key

However, I may not get it at all. The sims in TS4 smile way too and are too dang social. Its really annoying!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    @plopppo2 hmm okay I see. So if they go through all of that for your purchase perhaps my card provider is making it a bit more difficult for them, since they contacted me about purchasing from CDKeys. I'm guessing that is what is causing the problem.

Where are you buying your cd keys from ? You can only buy legit cd codes off Origin, Amazon (not a 3rd party seller) , and steam. There may be some others if in the USA but ebay is not one of them. Did you get a TOS violation notice for your cd keys?

Hi @phoebebebe13 , this thread was moved here from the Sims 4 GD. @Goodywood is trying to purchase a sims 4 bundle pack from CDKeys.com and has been running into trouble getting them to process payment on her credit card. Do you happen to know if that site is authorized to sell/resell codes for EA?

I don't know. But it does list that the game is run by Origin: http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-sims-4-bundle-pack-5-pc-origin-cd-key
    edited June 2017
    @Goodywood Here is a list of authorized dealers that sell EA games https://www.help.ea.com/en/article/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

cdkeys.com is not on the list. You will be getting unauthorized codes if you buy there. You will then be out your money and EA will probably take away your game and codes

If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. They are offering you a 5 game pack for $22. That is way too cheap and probably unauthorized codes
    @Goodywood Here is a list of authorized dealers that sell EA games https://www.help.ea.com/en/article/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

cdkeys.com is not on the list. You will be getting unauthorized codes if you buy there. You will then be out your money and EA will probably take away your game and codes

If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. They are offering you a 5 game pack for $22. That is way too cheap and probably unauthorized codes

@phoebebebe13 No, its The Sims 4 Bundle Pack 5, it has two SP and one GP.

I'll check the list. Thank you for giving me the linky.

Whatever they are offering is still very cheap. If the seller is not on the approved list by EA I would contact EA directly about this seller. EA is on the warpath with unauthorized codes.

Whatever they are offering is still very cheap. If the seller is not on the approved list by EA I would contact EA directly about this seller. EA is on the warpath with unauthorized codes.

@phoebebebe13 That is a good idea to contact EA. I didn't think of that. Thank you.

• LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @Goodwood Steam is offering most packs for $5 during the steam summer sale. I managed to replace my removed content by selling a few things on eBay, so if you're strapped for cash it might be your best bet.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
    edited June 2017
    Linamints wrote: »
    @Goodwood Steam is offering most packs for $5 during the steam summer sale. I managed to replace my removed content by selling a few things on eBay, so if you're strapped for cash it might be your best bet.
    Again, a number of conversations got blended together here. Yeah! on the Steam sale but that's only for TS3. I don't think Steam even carries TS4. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Again, a number of conversations got blended together here. Yeah! on the Steam sale but that's only for TS3. I don't think Steam even carries TS4. :)

Why did they blend our convos? Its really confusing.

@Linamints I own every pack from TS3 except all the worlds. I was hoping they would have the worlds on the list too.
    edited June 2017
    @Goodywood you need to buy TS3 worlds from the sims 3 store. I think there were a few issues on disc They had a worlds bundle for Monte Vista/Hidden Springs together https://www.amazon.com/Sims-Worlds-Bundle-PC-Mac/dp/B00C0K4YL4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498505547&sr=8-2&keywords=sims+3+roaring+heights

Correct. Steam does not sell TS4
    @Goodywood you need to buy TS3 worlds from the sims 3 store. I think there were a few issues on disc They had a worlds bundle for Monte Vista/Hidden Springs together https://www.amazon.com/Sims-Worlds-Bundle-PC-Mac/dp/B00C0K4YL4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498505547&sr=8-2&keywords=sims+3+roaring+heights

I have all worlds except: MH, DV, and BB.
  • skye83644skye83644 Posts: 15 New Member
    So what do we do in the mean time? Some of my current sp's are showing and some are not~darn it~
    skye83644 wrote: »
    So what do we do in the mean time? Some of my current sp's are showing and some are not~darn it~

If you got a TOS notice and you bought your codes from an unauthorized source, those eps are gone. EA took them away from you. You would have to repurchase those eps and have EA fix your account
    So this is not right. They did something wrong with this, because there are more that I bought from ebay, and they show up FINE!
    And on Origin they show that I already Own the SPS......so what gives????
    And on Origin they show that I already Own the SPS......so what gives????
    So this is not right. They did something wrong with this, because there are more that I bought from ebay, and they show up FINE!

You would have to contact EA directly and ask them. Only EA staff can help you or get in your account
    edited July 2017
    @skye83644 - EA is not revoking all keys for all games and packs purchased through unauthorized re-sellers. From the information we have, they are reacting to bulk re-sales chargebacks on particular (large) sets of keys where EA was never paid for them by the original bulk purchasers (not you, the entity that acquired them from EA in the first place) or chargebacks were issued resulting in the same.

Origin is not equipped to handle this information effectively. Basically it doesn't matter what Origin is saying. It is only doing what EA has programmed it to do on their end. If there is a potential Terms of Service (TOS) violation on your account, only EA Customer Service can confirm that, given some time to investigate, and help you to resolve it.

This is why it is not generally recommended to purchase from unauthorized re-sellers. You have few choices for recourse if something like this goes wrong. I am afraid that no one on the forums can help you with your individual account and any Holds that may be placed on it, again only EA can.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    @skye83644 You are not alone. I got most of my keys from ebay but only Supernatural and Master-Suite have been affected. They are still in my account as owned but I was told to repurchase them on Origin which is not possible and every EA Supervisor I have talked to via chat about this issue has been absolutely brain-dead and useless. One kept telling me I just have to right-click my games and "re-enable" them. I specifically also asked to get those DLCs removed so I could repurchase them but it's as if I'm speaking klingon to them or something......
    Let us know if you have any luck with contacting a supervisor and getting that still owned/re-purchase situation sorted. I personally haven't played ever since this has happened.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna