Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone here have part of their game deleted from Origin?

Comments

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Okay I'll wait guys. Maybe they are having issues with my card provider (?).

It's such a good deal though. If this works out, I might get more from them.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Having said that, the first order that you ever make with them always takes longer.

I can remember having to supply a mobile phone number for them to send an authentication code to. They also have some kind of browser checking which is going to be looking at your region, etc. They possibly look at payment routes and locality.
    @plopppo2 hmm okay I see. So if they go through all of that for your purchase perhaps my card provider is making it a bit more difficult for them, since they contacted me about purchasing from CDKeys. I'm guessing that is what is causing the problem.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    Goodywood wrote: »
    @plopppo2 hmm okay I see. So if they go through all of that for your purchase perhaps my card provider is making it a bit more difficult for them, since they contacted me about purchasing from CDKeys. I'm guessing that is what is causing the problem.
    Your card company may see the transaction as suspicious - ie out of the ordinary - ie they may want to check that you actually want your card to be used. I think CD Keys are US based.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Just a tip I've picked up... when buying things online from websites always look for the "https://" as that shows the website is secure.

You see it on bank websites and sites like Amazon.com/.co.uk.

But always look for reviews if there are any to make sure of yourself.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    I legit have come back to this thread time and again for the past 3 hours wondering what website ya'll are talking about and what kinda shop sells key codes from CDs rather than just giving the whole physical copy.

But only now I realize the website is called CDKeys....

pregnancy-meme-7.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I legit have come back to this thread time and again for the past 3 hours wondering what website ya'll are talking about and what kinda shop sells key codes from CDs rather than just giving the whole physical copy.

But only now I realize the website is called CDKeys....

pregnancy-meme-7.jpg

:D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    I used to buy WoW cd keys on there, they were almost always instantly delivered to my email.
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Just a tip I've picked up... when buying things online from websites always look for the "https://" as that shows the website is secure.

You see it on bank websites and sites like Amazon.com/.co.uk.

But always look for reviews if there are any to make sure of yourself.

Yep @AmySims09 ! I always look for it, and the green lock! lol

@plopppo2 Yes that is exactly what happened. They contacted me to make sure it wasn't fraud.

@DeKay Everybody has those days! I have them almost everyday. :blush:
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I'm usually cautious of something that sounds too good to be true. Are CDKeys an authorized reseller for EA games? If not, you may well eventually run into a problem.
    I'm usually cautious of something that sounds too good to be true. Are CDKeys an authorized reseller for EA games? If not, you may well eventually run into a problem.
    They are legitimate in terms of selling keys.

Look at their TrustPilot rating:
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.cdkeys.com

5 star company - 9.7 out of 10 rating - 6,529 reviews.
    Interesting. So is CDKeys UK based? Because I live in US, so maybe that is causing some of the trouble. I got another call today about my card, I had to again give authorization of allow the site to use my card.
    They replied and this is what they said:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting cdkeys.com.

We apologize for the inconvenience with placing your order. Please use another web browser, and make sure to disable any software such as ad blocker, VPN and proxy. You could also use incognito mode in Chrome, or private browsing in Firefox, and see if that works. If that doesn't work, kindly use a mobile data connection or a different computer if you're able to. Also, check if changing the payment method to Skrill/PayPal/Checkout/Card works.

Hope these suggestions will help.

Kind Regards,
    edited June 2017
    I think the stumbling block is your card company clearly queried the payment.

CD Keys will possibly not mention this to you - they may not know - they got a failed payment.

I would just redo the purchase - using the same method you did before - same browser - on the basis that your card company will now let the payment go through.
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    i'm from the US and don't have issues buying from there so I don't think that would be it
    It is not uncommon for a card company to query a payment - if they deem it unsual, or there were other payments being made around the same time - ie, if you were also shopping online as well as CD Keys they might wonder if the card has been stolen.
    I think I'll try using pay pal guys.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I think the stumbling block is your card company clearly queried the payment.

CD Keys will possibly not mention this to you - they may not know - they got a failed payment.

I would just redo the purchase - using the same method you did before - same browser - on the basis that your card company will now let the payment go through.
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    It is not uncommon for a card company to query a payment - if they deem it unsual, or there were other payments being made around the same time - ie, if you were also shopping online as well as CD Keys they might wonder if the card has been stolen.

It's confirmed this issue was done by EA. People were selling unauthorized codes on Ebay. People here legitimately bought those codes off Ebay. Some have had those codes for a year before EA decided to take the games away. I'm guessing EA has a list of those codes that were stolen and sold. People who bought legit codes off origin, steam etc have not has their games taken away. It's possible it could have been an inside job at EA that sold the codes for people to sell on Ebay for EA to know what codes were stolen. The world may never know the full truth only that the player has paid the ultimate price in loosing their games or part of. We do know origin now has a way of detecting stolen or illegal codes

Where are you buying your cd keys from ? You can only buy legit cd codes off Origin, Amazon (not a 3rd party seller) , and steam. There may be some others if in the USA but ebay is not one of them. Did you get a TOS violation notice for your cd keys?
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

Where are you buying your cd keys from ? You can only buy legit cd codes off Origin, Amazon (not a 3rd party seller) , and steam. There may be some others if in the USA but ebay is not one of them. Did you get a TOS violation notice for your cd keys?

Hi @phoebebebe13 , this thread was moved here from the Sims 4 GD. @Goodywood is trying to purchase a sims 4 bundle pack from CDKeys.com and has been running into trouble getting them to process payment on her credit card. Do you happen to know if that site is authorized to sell/resell codes for EA?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    CDKeys.com has a reputation for being a trusted place to shop, this is true, and they seem to have decent customer service. But no, they are not an authorized re-seller of EA games. We've already seen a few TS3 players who purchased from them get caught up in these Origin TOS Hold scenarios much like those purchasing from eBay did, but in at least one unusual case EA did reportedly lift the Account Hold and issue the player new codes after investigating with no further fuss or bother made about it. Is it really worth it to go through all of that, though?
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net

Hi @phoebebebe13 , this thread was moved here from the Sims 4 GD. @Goodywood is trying to purchase a sims 4 bundle pack from CDKeys.com and has been running into trouble getting them to process payment on her credit card. Do you happen to know if that site is authorized to sell/resell codes for EA?

Wrong Thread. I started this thread in this sims 3 section and it has not been moved anywhere. Still they should not buy any cd keys. They should buy the sims 4 directly though origin or they may have same problems the sims 3 has with EA taking away fraudulent keys
    edited June 2017
    I know this is confusing, but a newer somewhat long thread on the TS4 board got merged into this one on the TS3 board. It's actually around four or five different threads merged together now,
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    I know this is confusing, but a long thread on the TS4 board got merged into this one on the TS3 board. It's actually around four or five different threads merged together now,

Why? This is about the sims 3 codes not the sims 4 :/ People asking about sims 4 codes should be in the sims 4 section
    I don't know, but back on the topic of credit card companies demanding authorization for "unexpected" purchases, I had to go through this around five times with mine because what looked like a strange recurring charge to them was really totally ordinary. It's not my fault that the place I sometimes get coffee from on the way to work calls itself "Darling (Coffee)," they make good stuff no matter how cutesy their name might seem. And, not sure why I had to point this out to the cc company, "Darling" is a perfectly acceptable English surname. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!