Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Players who DO NOT use CC and/or mods.

I've been playing since The Sims 1, however I didn't start using mods and cc very heavily until TS3. I frankly couldn't imagine my game without the endless array of clothing and hairstyles creators come up with. I do minimize the use of mods that heavily alter game play simply because I haven't had any crashing issues with TS4 and I don't ever want to, but currently I have over 2000 files of cc (mostly hair and clothing). For those of you who don't, why? I'm curious. I've been thinking about doing a big dump of cc in hopes it would make the game run faster.

Comments

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    A few reasons

1) As you touched on it makes loading times a lot longer
    2) If something goes belly up in my game I don't want to spend hours troubleshooting when I could be playing.
    3) I like to upload my creations from time to time and can't stand the thought of somone recieveing something that isn't the way I designed it.

Lastly I had a bad experience on one of the sites back in the TS1 days with adware and malware..
    once bitten twice shy.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2017
    I tend to stay away from mods because they become a hassle when they break. I just don't like the idea of having an issue fixed with a mod for like a month, and then it's broken and the creator is nowhere to be found and I have to go back to playing the original way again. I only use a couple, which are being maintained by their creators actively.

As for cc, I don't mind it. It's easy enough to figure out when CC is causing a problem and how to fix it if you organize your folders properly. I don't have nearly enough of it to slow my game
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ChelseaSTLChelseaSTL Posts: 20 New Member
    I don't use CC on Sims 4 because I had so many issues with it on Sims 2-3. And, to be completely honest, I never used mods because I didn't know how lol I'm trying to learn now, though.
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Well doe TS3 I didn't actually know how to download cc and mods and I didn't know about them until like a few months after playing the game. But now with TS4 I actually get how modding works and somehow my laptop is still surviving after 1000 cc in. Mod wise I have the no mosaic mod which doesn't need to be updated and maybe a lag fix for fast forward time or two
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    I use mods for TS3, but not TS4. I just can't stand the idea of having to uninstall and reinstall every single mod whenever there's a patch. Waaaay too much work for me. At least with TS3, I can just download the mod and be done with it.

As for CC, I used to have a bunch of it in TS3, until I had to reinstall it. There were two main reasons I didn't reinstall all my CC. Firstly, I didn't want to have to hunt for it all again. Major pain, since I didn't keep track of/store all my CC properly. Secondly, I realized that I really hated it when all of my sims and their homes were CC'd up, and everything else was Maxis match. I didn't want to makeover every single townie so that they all had that CC texture hair/clothes, so I just decided to go CC free.

I do have some Maxis-match CC for TS4, by only a little bit.

Tl;dr too much work, and my sims look different from all townies when they're covered in CC
  • Options
    OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    I don't use CC because I like to have one cohesive look and I prefer the Maxis style. I used mods in TS3, but I haven't found any worth having for TS4.
  • Options
    DaKitty_10DaKitty_10 Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't use mods or CC because I have know idea who to trust. I'm just to scared to take the chance of downloading something from a site and getting a virus or something else.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In Sims2, lots of CC so I can play medieval. Sims4 none, as I keep encountering comments on how hostile it is to outside content.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    The only actual mod I use is No Mosaic and I have four CC hairstyles and that's it. I didn't use CC for the longest time because of bad past experiences with my game borking or malware/spyware/viruses.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2017
    I actually keep two mods folders, one that's empty but for the removal of the blur censor, and the other for all my almost 10K worth of CC and Mods. I move the folders in and out of my game folder depending on how I want to play) My computer takes about 3-5 minutes to load with CC, without 20 seconds, max. The reason I started to play with No Mods (minus the censor patch) and no CC was actually just to see what the game is really like without it. I've recently purged 3K worth of buy objects I never once used. (I used the Tray program to figure this out). I still have some bad cc, but not enough that it doesn't keep me from loading up a CC game when I am working on my story. But my new legacy is all about keeping the game CC free, and I am loving it. It's new and refreshing and a totally different experience.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I haven't used mods and CC since TS2 because the game is buggy enough without them. I also think that CC hair is looking ugly.
  • Options
    YoGummyBearYoGummyBear Posts: 41 Member
    I don't mind mods, and use a couple (mostly stuff like MC command center.)

I don't really like CC though.
    My reasons for this are:
    -When I add too much, it causes my game to lag.
    -Some of them show up weird due to a glitch (like a hair style just shows up bald, and it turns the sim's head black and white with question marks) and it bugs me to no end, and it would take me hours on end to try and find which file it is.
    -Some of them mess with the default underwear settings and it bugs me.
    -Some show up weird on the sim outside of CAS, such as hair that goes through arms/shoulders/chest/etc. and clothes that act glitchy.
    Overall, it's just too much work for me, although I do download some CC when I get bored with my EA created content.
    grimbunny-wallpaper-the-sims-4.jpg
  • Options
    dreamsimmer394dreamsimmer394 Posts: 425 Member
    I only use one mod and it's just to help my Sims. It makes the townies go on with their lives as though someone was playing them. and I don't use CC because some of it looks odd in the game.
    I love simming, reading, and YouTube.
    IvX9ELd.jpg

My current family: https://theplumtreeapp.com/#tree/5b0617041acd4e000fc2aba3

• Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    There's some CC I'd never give up, such as default skin and eyes, and perhaps a couple of very good MM hairs. But even though I love the variety of CC, and some build/buy items --- especially from peacemaker-ic --- were very good, I just prefer to have everything match exactly. Plus I want to keep my gaming running as smoothly as possible.

I use MCCC occasionally when I need my townies to procreate, but I'm able to live without it most of the time.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't use cc and I've just recently started using mccc. I get a few hiccups now that I use even one mod so I don't think I'd add on more unless I can find something that fixes active careers or school being useless.

I avoid CC mainly because of laziness, I mean I've even looked up clothes I'd love to add (I don't like most EA kids/toddler stuff) but never added any. The only reason I added mccc was because of laziness too, I kept having to edit all my townie families to merge (for "marriage") and roll random Cas toddlers to keep my town looking like a town. Now mccc does it for me. I actually miss it a bit, but I was wasting an hour setting up Townies when I could have been playing my actives. I like that I can add more sims to my household and I utilized some of its features to curb annoying behaviors too. Now couldn't play with out it (mainly cause my household has 15 sims lol).