Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so let me get this straight about acnee

so having random acnee would take away from players because it would feel like its forcing things onto players. yet its perfectly fine for vampires to randomly walk into your house and bite your sims. okay sure.

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    acne is a SKIN DETAIL so NOT like sims 2
    6adMCGP.gif
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

that still does not make me feel any better. like how exactly does that make me feel any better. since acne should be more then just a "skin detail".
    brendhan21 wrote: »

that still does not make me feel any better. like how exactly does that make me feel any better. since acne should be more then just a "skin detail".

because it been confirmed by @SimGuruNinja that's its nothing BUT a skin detail @luthienrising can also confirmed it in her BIG thread that stickied at the top of this area
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    my teen having acne for a week when I don't want them to would be a lot more annoying/impactful to me than a vampire attack (which very rarely happens) would.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)

because it been confirmed by @SimGuruNinja that's its nothing BUT a skin detail @luthienrising can also confirmed it in her BIG thread that stickied at the top of this area

again how is that supposed to make me feel better.
    Selios wrote: »
    I really don't get the issue. the player literally has full control over the acne and it's somehow a problem...
    you're comparing a tiny feature of the family pack (acne) to the vampire pack's central focus (vampires)

yes well i do not want want vampires breaking into my house randomly and biting my sim but hey its good to have random stuff happening and not have control on if vampires break into your house or not but oh its also great to have full control over acne and not have it be random.
    BECAUSE SIMS TEENS WILL NOT BE GETTING IT AUTOMATICALLY because of STRESS or GENTICS which I keep telling you since you have to put it on MANUALLY yourself IF YOU WANT it. But you aren't listening..
    6adMCGP.gif
    my teen having acne for a week when I don't want them to would be a lot more annoying/impactful to me than a vampire attack (which very rarely happens) would.

lol. happens to me every time i create a new family. and yeah so random vampire attacks are fine but random acne is not okay. okay got you.
  • SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member
    edited May 2017
    BECAUSE SIMS TEENS WILL NOT BE GETTING IT AUTOMATICALLY because of STRESS or GENTICS which I keep telling you since you have to put it on MANUALLY yourself IF YOU WANT it. But you aren't listening..

he knows this. his argument is that if vampire attacks can be random and everyone's okay with it , acne should be as well.
    where you want to go from there is up to you.

again how is that supposed to make me feel better. yes its fine you can put on manually but its like i also want it automatically.

he knows this. his argument is that if vampire attacks can be random, acne should be as well.

No he thinks w/o checking the FACTS that the ance will happen RANDOMLY.. but SimGuruNinja says its not happening
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member

he knows this. his argument is that if vampire attacks can be random, acne should be as well.

No he thinks w/o checking the FACTS that the ance will happen RANDOMLY.. but SimGuruNinja says its not happening

he never said that was what he thought. that is you misunderstanding.

the way he kept going on and on "How does that make me feel better?" that implied the OPPISTE of what you said.
    6adMCGP.gif

he knows this. his argument is that if vampire attacks can be random and everyone's okay with it , acne should be as well.
    where you want to go from there is up to you.

thank you! this what i am trying to say. i am disappointed we do not have acne but i am more annoyed there reasoning is oh we do not want it to be random even though they feel like random vampire attacks are compeletely acceptable.
    edited May 2017

lol. happens to me every time i create a new family. and yeah so random vampire attacks are fine but random acne is not okay. okay got you.

Please don't start with that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sarcastic tone. A vampire attack results in my sim having to sleep for an extra 3 or 4 hours. That's it. I don't want acne plastered all over the faces of all the teenagers in my game. It's a complete loss of control versus a minor inconvenience.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)

the way he kept going on and on "How does that make me feel better?" that implied the OPPISTE of what you said.

well the reason why i am posting this because it got confrimed and i just found out about it and i felt like it was kind of silly how vampire attacks are perfectly fine yet random acne is going to take away from playing the game.

Please don't start with that plum sarcastic tone. A vampire attack results in my sim having to sleep for an extra 3 or 4 hours. That's it. I don't want acne plastered all over the faces of all the teenagers in my game. It's a complete loss of control versus a minor inconvenience.

its breaks the imersion for me but now we have to put on something manually in order to get the illlusuion of a feature.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Hmm the thing for me is, having acne as a random event would have made me really annoyed. Was it Sims 2 where teens got acne with low hygiene? I always hated it. Plus, I never got acne as a teen. Not everyone does. It would have been nice to see some kind of cas option where a sim could be acne prone or not. Then you could avoid it on the sims you didn't want to have it, but still have it be a random occurrence in your game with other sims
    edited May 2017
    Now I wish they could fix the beards/freckles and make then Genetic..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited May 2017
    A vampire attack and teen acne are two very different things. The devs decided to make acne a cas feature. Sorry, that you don't like it that way but it is what is. They can't please everyone. I would've been fine with it either way, but I think it's better then random as not every teen suffers from acne, and often times things get over done in sims 4. Like monster under the bed or toddler nightmares.

From what I've read they're is going to be lots of other things that happen randomly like toddlers biting, teen mood swings, toddler messes, etc.
    It's a very small feature of the parenting pack, whereas vampire attacks are a pretty big feature of the vamp pack.

Also, If you want to avoid the vamp breaking in just lock your sims door at night.

SimTrippy wrote: »
    Well as much as I understand wanting "control", it's still a game and I like a bit of a challenge. Acne as a skin detail is just, and I'm sorry to say this cause I love the rest of the pack, a tiny bit lazy... Fire away everyone, but on this particular point, I agree with the OP entirely.

there's no reason to "fire away" at you. you're allowed to agree. I just don't think the justification via vampire attacks makes any sense, whatsoever.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    It's the best way they could introduce it.
    In TS2 teens would get acne because of low hygiene, which is totally wrong and not how it works in real life. It's based on your genes, hormones and how much stress you have.

Making it because of low hygiene would just spread misinformation. Again: Acne doesn't comes from being dirty!
    a256aFi.gif