Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inviting the reaper and ghosts over

Is there a way to invite over the grim reaper or a ghost of a sim from a different lot?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Anyone? I need the reaper for the grilled cheese aspiration and wanna bring this one ghost back to life.
  • Options
    bump!
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited May 2017
    Have someone die with your sim nearby, grim appears, spam grimmy with socials and befriend the bejeebers out of him, befriend ghost in another lot and then invite them both to your house/on an outing. (Not necessarily together but you can if you want to i guess).
  • Options
    I have the reaper on my friends list and I keep calling and texting him but no option comes up to invite him over or out.
    And I have no options whatsoever for the ghost on my friends list. When I click nothing happens.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited May 2017
    Can't you invite them out then travel back with them? I had a ghost show up a while ago but he was the father and there were two toddlers there but I haven't had a ghost in a while so I don't remember without that. The reaper..not sure at all unless you have the cc robe and a sim is just playing the reaper.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    I don't think you can invite ghosts anywhere unless they're part of a played household. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Try going somewhere and bringing grim with you. He'll poof away after a short second or 2 but it should give you enough time. Otherwise you may have to kill off a sim. :)
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    with grim, i can't ever invite him out directly, but often sims that have him on their relationships list can invite him along if they're doing or joining group activities. he tends to come out to brunch a lot with some of the girls (one of whom is a ghost) and celebrates a whole lot of promotions with various sims. quite the party animal, that grimmy! he likes simming and karaoke in my game (pictures in various other threads)

i seriously would love to be able to directly invite ghosts to go anywhere, though. and call them
  • Options
    omg, I never thought of tagging the reaper along with me. Ooh, I will definitely try it next time I play.

Now it's just the ghost business then. I killed Vlad by accident and wanna bring him to life. My sim's wife can write the book of life and I wanna bind it to Vlad but she doesn't know him yet so I've been trying to get her husband to call him over so she can meet him.
  • Options
    @Simpkin If you killed Vlad, you could bring his urn over to your place and wait for him to spawn. Then have him eat some ambrosia. You can't bind the book of life to ghosts.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hadron1776 wrote: »
    @Simpkin If you killed Vlad, you could bring his urn over to your place and wait for him to spawn. Then have him eat some ambrosia. You can't bind the book of life to ghosts.

Waaahhh! Okay. Good to know. Maybe I'll do that then since my sim completed the writer aspiration already and has nothing else to do with her time.

edit: oh wait though... but the book of life is supposed to bring back the dead. How does it work then? Do I have to bind the book to a living sim and then can bring them back when they die or what?
  • Options
    You bind the book to a Sim who is still alive. If the sim dies later, you can summon the ghost immediately and invite the ghost to your household. Then have the ghost read it ('Restore Life') and he'll be resurrected.
  • Options
    Okay...I'm having trouble with grimmie. I can't seem to get him on the list of sims when I travel to get him to go with my sim. Their relationship is really good though....
    ???
  • Options
    KlueniiKluenii Posts: 90 Member
    With MCC in use, you can use the mail box and the "Summon Sim" command to have ghosts arrive on your lot as if you have phoned and invited them over. They walk up ..well float up ... and knock on the door to be invited in.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Mmh, sry I don't do mods
    Any other sure fire way?
  • Options
    Is it actually possible to invite the grim reaper out?
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Is it actually possible to invite the grim reaper out?

• Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Sorry if this has already been said didn't read all the answers, go to where the reaper is and make the sandwich and give it to him, as far as the ghost....download one into your house then get a wishing well and bring it back to life. You can always delete it when you are done. Hope this helps...I am starting to confuse myself...lol
  • Options
    pinkish wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been said didn't read all the answers, go to where the reaper is and make the sandwich and give it to him, as far as the ghost....download one into your house then get a wishing well and bring it back to life. You can always delete it when you are done. Hope this helps...I am starting to confuse myself...lol

but I don't know where the reaper is.