Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Planning for Parenthood

I'm so torn right now. Do I hurry up and find a spouse for my favorite sim or set up a new rotational save? I'm so excited, I can't wait until we get more info!

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Really excited as well :)) personally I never really set up a new save or start an entirely new family when a new pack comes out. I kind of just continue playing them, then see how the pack can add to and deepen their experiences. Haha. I also don't mind taking a while to discover new packs, so I wouldn't necessarily hurry any stories along prematurely either. So if you've got a nice save with nice sims, I'd just keep playing them, but that's just me of course! :D
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I'm so torn right now. Do I hurry up and find a spouse for my favorite sim or set up a new rotational save? I'm so excited, I can't wait until we get more info!

New save, then when you get the pack, you can practice parenthood before your favourite sim gets to do it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Really excited as well :)) personally I never really set up a new save or start an entirely new family when a new pack comes out. I kind of just continue playing them, then see how the pack can add to and deepen their experiences. Haha. I also don't mind taking a while to discover new packs, so I wouldn't necessarily hurry any stories along prematurely either. So if you've got a nice save with nice sims, I'd just keep playing them, but that's just me of course! :D

I don't start fresh every time a new pack is released but I recently deleted all but one of my saves.There are no children or teens in the families I'm currently playing and I don't know how long it will take my simple to meet the sim I have in mind for her.
    Good idea @Mariefoxprice83

I don't start fresh every time a new pack is released but I recently deleted all but one of my saves.There are no children or teens in the families I'm currently playing and I don't know how long it will take my simple to meet the sim I have in mind for her.

Well even if you did start a new save each time, that's still be up to you :D didn't know exactly what advise to give so I just shared what I'd do (or am doing in my game) :D

Well even if you did start a new save each time, that's still be up to you :D didn't know exactly what advise to give so I just shared what I'd do (or am doing in my game) :D

I appreciate you opinion. I'm not going to rush it now. I'll use my new save as a way to explore the pack like @Mariefoxprice83 suggested. I don't have a lot of free time this week so setting up the save should take me through to release.
    Enjoy! :D may the pack be with us all soon <3
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have different saves with different stages of families. But I keep one save (the first save I ever started) as my 'test' for new stuff. Mostly clothing and build/buy items, for trying out. I also have aging off and just do random crazy stuff with them. For this pack, I have a couple saves with families (including a rotational play) that I'll wait to see what might work well there. Otherwise, my current save (a legacy challenge) I'm just continuing as normal, cause soon my heir will age up and then the babies begin again :D
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I created a new save with two couples to rotate with! I'm currently so obsessed with their very different story lines, and when parenthood releases, it will add depth to their stories as very different types of parents. This pack is the first one I'll be buying on the release date, I'm so excited! Happy simming (:
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    After the release, I'm thinking about creating two households that live side by side and each has a least one child. I thinking of the boy next door grows up and marries the girl next door type of story. It would be the first time I play sims with aging off. I'll start a new save just for them to see how it turns out. If I like it, I'll take it all the way to their deaths. One save just for them to be born grow old and die. Kids, grandkids and all.
  • RainbowColor1204RainbowColor1204 Posts: 193 Member
    I made a new save and fully did it up how I wanted it to be.

I was thinking of playing a family regularly, but I got bored so I killed the mom after she gave birth to their daughter. The daughter was raised alone by her dad and just turned into a kid. I moved in his girlfriend and his daughter hates his girlfriend. I've stopped playing them for now because I'm excited to see how parenthood is going change their story. I imagine the dad to be strict and loving while his girlfriend is understanding and tries to make the daughter like her
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I've put my main game on hold and have started a new one. I made some elderly parents, their daughter and her husband. They should be just about ready to extend the family by the time the pack comes out, and then I can also play my main game too.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

You can always adopt.
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    I made a new family I'm currently playing she married Don Lothario and they had their first (and only) baby it's a girl and I'm just gonna see how many generations it takes until' the pack comes out then I'm going to just continue on with that family when the pack comes out sense they'll have really good genes (:
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I hadn't gotten too far into playing my most recent game....decided to start over and been getting everything set up for the parenthood pack. Added all the other households I had created into the new game...got the main couple dating and moved in together but haven't yet married them. Used the same house so it's pretty much ready for the kids. Just got done with the bedroom for toddler #1, for when she's born.....oh, she's definitely going to be a spoiled kid in this room, lol:

irMmJzu.jpg

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I just had the first child born in my current family, so I have put that on hold until next Tuesday. In the meantime I'm finishing up my Wasteland 2 campaign and going to be playing lots of Overwatch this week with their new event kicking off tomorrow. I'll be ready to explore the trials and tribulations of parenthood on the 30th.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    As told in another thread my sims are busy coupling up and churning out toddlers, but I had another idea today:
    I'll start a fresh save and then transfer four of my favourite teens from Windenburg to Willow Creek as exchange students: Morgan Fyres, Wolfgang Munch, Yuki Behr and Brandon Colch, also Darling Walsh from San Myshuno and Malcolm Landgraab from Oasis Springs. I'll set the host families as the teens' guardians/caregivers and let them try to handle the mess. After I set the rules for each household I intend to give the host family free will and only play the guest teen.

Would anyone like to vote which host family gets which teen?
    Available are Spencer-Kim-Lewis, Goth, BFF, Pancake, Amber+Armand Diaggro and Vlad Straud
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    So, I've started to revamp the entire game. I am redoing most homes if not all, demolishing some, and building my own. I've never played rotational so I'm gonna try that, maybe a sim week per family? I also am going to create a variety of families, from your typical mom dad two kids, to divorced and step parents, living with aunts and uncles/grandparents and possibly try to do maybe a foster family with a kid who gets tossed around on Sundays and Wednesdays every week? So large families, single parents, teens raising siblings, I am totally a family player, but really got into playing poor sims, so I may have a few poor families.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    So, I've started to revamp the entire game. I am redoing most homes if not all, demolishing some, and building my own. I've never played rotational so I'm gonna try that, maybe a sim week per family? I also am going to create a variety of families, from your typical mom dad two kids, to divorced and step parents, living with aunts and uncles/grandparents and possibly try to do maybe a foster family with a kid who gets tossed around on Sundays and Wednesdays every week? So large families, single parents, teens raising siblings, I am totally a family player, but really got into playing poor sims, so I may have a few poor families.

@gummybear0724 just a heads up teens do not have the ability to 'parent' their toddler and child siblings until they're YAs
    6adMCGP.gif
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

@gummybear0724 just a heads up teens do not have the ability to 'parent' their toddler and child siblings until they're YAs

No curfews or anything? Aww man.
    I'm doing something similar @gummybear0724 this will be my first time playing rotationally
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I've set up a test sim for Parenthood. She's currently skilling up in baking and next I'll have her level up in her cooking career before owning her own restaurant with all the food carts food I can find!
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I've held off on my heir having children until the game comes out and build a brand new house to fill with all the new furniture. Now for the wait...
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I'll continue playing my four main saves. I have families in all of them, but in different stages, so it will be interesting to see how the pack impacts each of them. I might even try rotational play for the first time because this pack finally makes it worth it for me. I intend to experiment with everything and am sure I'll have heaps of fun. And maybe a sleepless night on May 30th when the game comes out. This will be the first time I'm buying a pack on the day it releases, so needless to say I'm beyond excited!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2017
    I am starting a new save and all my CAS YAs will be raised from toddlers.

Miss Peregrine is now ready to start receiving children for the orphanage.
    05-24-17_9-58-58nbspPM.png

It was rough going for that expensive property since she doesn't have a regular job.
    All her money comes from writing children's books, rare garden produce, and a painting here and there.
    05-24-17_10-14-25nbspPM.png

She is now to the point where she can meet the week's bills and have a little left over.
    I just hired a gardener, so she can focus on other activities.

She also has just gotten into herbalism, and expanded her garden for more plants.
    05-24-17_8-09-02nbspPM.png

As far as my other sims go, 7 of them are going to the orphanage as toddlers.
    10 will be aged down to toddlers and given parents. I divided them up into 3 waves. The first and second wave are already saved in CAS ready to go. I will create the third wave this weekend and I will be all set to go on Tuesday.

I have really enjoyed playing this sim in preparation for Parenthood.
    It's felt lonely playing a single sim on that island all alone with only her plants to talk to.
    It will be great to have 7 children on the property...
    7... :# We'll see how it goes.
    05-25-17_6-20-39nbspPM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds