Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that still annoy me about this game

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims leave clubs and switch jobs during rotational play. Not happy about this.
  • Options
    ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    Of course I agree with everything, everyone has said. The top ten things that annoy me.
    1. Speed/simulation lag
    2. Constant, inappropriate text messages.
    3. All the bugs!! Sooooo many bugs. Games back in the day were much more bug free. One of the reasons is that they couldn't just patch in fixes, so they had to make sure the game they released was solid from the beginning. These days, and especially with EA, their motto is sell it first, fix it later.
    4. Traits pretty much have no meaning. It doesn't change the lives of the Sims. They are all pretty much exactly the same.
    5. Half baked EP's. Both the quality and quantity of EP's has reduced from past series. (I'm secretly hoping this is because they are working on an epic Sims 5, and that they are just throwing out these half baked EP's once a year to stall, until the release of Sims 5).
    6. Utopian world. I don't like this overly utopian world where you can't do anything wrong. There are no consequences for anything.
    7. The emotions system. It's just all over the place.
    8. Lack of story progression. No one has any jobs, improves on any skills, relationships or does anything. The entire world is stagnant. There should be an option to turn off or on Story progression.
    9. Lack of detail in the game. I find the world and the actions of the Sims so bland. I want to see them pour a bowl of cereal, walk to a car and get in to travel. Have a decent loading screen of an animation of sims looking out of a car looking at scenery or something.
    10. Seasons!! I need weather and seasons in my life. I don't want to wait to the end of the Sims 4 to finally get seasons, just to drop it all for Sims 5 and then need to wait again another 3 or 4 years after that to get my seasons back. Seasons need to be in the base game of Sims 5, and added to Sims 4 ASAP.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Yes to many of these, but I have something to add.

I'm really tired of children's and teen's voices defaulting to the sweet/clear voice when they age up. I've been playing a family for several generations now, and every single time a toddler ages up into a child, the child is given the sweet voice. When a child ages into a teen, girls get the sweet voice, and boys get the clear voice. Every. Single. Time.

I don't know if this is a bug or if the game is just set up this way. I feel like it shouldn't be, though.
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    by god, the endless violin playing. this one Sim will autonomously choose to do so, and just. won't. stop.

oh, and lately? i see Grim everywhere. i never used to, and now he won't leave my Sims alone. i play with ageing off, Grim, get the message...

(edit: and now we have this, which i'm sure will annoy us for a long time.)
    Post edited by fewlines on
  • Options
    when you click their portrait to "bring Sim here"... they show up in whatever outfit they were wearing at home. it's often their night clothes as they don't change into everyday wear when they wake up. so... no. -_-
  • Options
    doloresghazedoloresghaze Posts: 11 New Member
    My sim has the "cat lover" trait and she had a cat called Macarronada (it's portuguese) and they loved each other <3 SO HE DIED AND SHE HASN'T DROPPED A SINGLE TEAR. I stopped playing since then. This was yesterday but oh my god, i mean, i love the sims 4, but this lack of feeling is just ughhh.
  • Options
    @doloresghaze that's so sad. :(
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    The fact we can hold pets but not babies.

Also the fact babies are stuck in their bassinets.

My sim just had twins following an alien abduction and I hate the lack of cribs and Ability to hold them and move each baby around the house to chill them after a feeding or a diaper change.

They’re at the toddler stage now and I feel like he’s missed that big part of being a dad where you stay up all night carrying your baby through the house to help them sleep or take them to the fridge to get a bottle, or even sit down and watch tv while they settle. It’s so small but so annoying.

Next to that the loading screens and lack of story progression are very very annoying, it makes sims 4 not worth playing anymore and it’s sad because it’s got so much potential if they just do a few things to fix it
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Sims leave clubs and switch jobs during rotational play. Not happy about this.

Your played Sims should not be switching jobs. That was patched a few years ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    There are still NO Family trees! The Sims 4 Kissin Cousin edition. Gross
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3