Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that still annoy me about this game

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    there's a mod that prevents moods from changing so fast. i'm playing without mods at the moment, but it worked when i last used it.
    I don’t like moods changing constantly, I also don’t like a sim being in the same mood for hours in a row though. Neutral sims with an occasional emotional outburst, caused by another sim or an actual event, is the best.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    fewlines wrote: »
    there's a mod that prevents moods from changing so fast. i'm playing without mods at the moment, but it worked when i last used it.
    I don’t like moods changing constantly, I also don’t like a sim being in the same mood for hours in a row though. Neutral sims with an occasional emotional outburst, caused by another sim or an actual event, is the best.

I agree. Less is more.
  • HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    I miss memories.
  • ShemaShema Posts: 56 Member
    I always get stuck in the swimming pool in Windenburg :(
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    That there is still no biography area for each sim in CAS.... like why was that taken out? I know its something small and maybe I'm being petty, but I miss being able to give each sim a background without having to take space from describing the complete household.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • stardust12375stardust12375 Posts: 2 New Member
    my biggest issue right now is the stupid glitch that was caused by the parenthood update where every special townie, those who are going to festivals or nighttime strolling vampires are wearing every single accessory. it is driving me insane.
  • amyhofmanxamyhofmanx Posts: 1 New Member
    What still annoys me is that the sims 4 worlds are so boring, i just bought vampire yesterday and there are only 4/5 slots to play with.. In sims 3 you got a great world with a lot of slots, this sucks and the creators should do better!!
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited October 2017
    That there is still no biography area for each sim in CAS.... like why was that taken out? I know its something small and maybe I'm being petty, but I miss being able to give each sim a background without having to take space from describing the complete household.

I always use the biographies in the previous games to keep notes about certain events and plans I have for my families. Since I play rotationally, I sometimes forget what my plans were. The biographies have always been exceptionally handy.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I always use the biographies in the previous games to keep notes about certain events and plans I have for my families. Since I okay rotationally, I sometimes forget what my plans were. The buigraphies have always been exceptionally handy.

I do that too! Its a feature I really miss!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I miss the family album, too!

The most annoying thing, however, is the same as on day one: No real free will off. I've ranted about it several times before... If a need drops too low the sim wrests control from the player and chooses an action on it's own accord. In large households canceling this (often inefficient or otherwise disrupting) task can be stressful. And of course the choosing of their own conversation topics, the sitting down next to other sims even if it means crossing the whole lot and the compulsive sitting down for every talk (the last one is mainly a problem for storytelling or when a swimming pool is within reach).

Recently I downloaded a trait called "Super Hard Mode" that basically turns gameplay into Sims 1 for sims with this trait. But while in Sims 1 the challenge was to provide better furniture and to make the sim do stuff, in Sims 4 the challenge is keeping the sim from doing unwanted things and only THEN make them do what you want them to.
  • meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
    An issue which shows these sims are not 'smart' at all is with the beds. For instance, you put multiple sims who are strangers in a house, a sim goes to sleep in one of the numerous double beds, another sim instead of using any of the multiple beds in the house, will not only attempt several times to use the same bed, but will also not leave that room for several sim hours but will stand there 'passing out'!

When you go to manage worlds to edit a sim and return to the same lot, amenities that where turned off, because a sim did not pay their bills when you left, are magically turned back on.
    edited November 2017
    What are they always ‘watching’ sometimes they are watching nothing

Pre parental panic that happens loong after the birth

Why can't toddlers turn on the TV after they have mastered all their skills?

Items that get stuck in the inventory

Putting food, dirty plates etc. in the inventory (sometimes they even put dirty plates in the fridge!)

Why can’t toddlers eat from inventory?

Why can’t sims autonomously eat fruits from their inventory?

It’s always daytime in map view, even though it’s night time on the lot
    Post edited by meme009 on
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    You know what's really annoying? That issue where the clock goes into super speed mode while your sim is sleeping, but when you pause it, the clock jumps back by anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of sim hours and, when you turn the timer back on, sometimes the minutes fly and fly without the hour changing at all and you have to pause and restart the time multiple times just to make sure the clock moves forward. They don't have alarm clocks in this game, so we, the players, must precisely time our sims' wake-up times ourselves, but this timer issue is making that way harder than it ever was in TS2 (where, incidentally, I gave up on alarm clocks because whenever your sim gets a promotion, there's a good chance their schedule will change, which means you have to reset the alarm clock, so I just said, "Bump that, I'll be my sims' alarm clock from now on!").

Also, sims spontaneously waking up 2-3 hours before they're supposed to, even if their needs are fine. Just sleep through the night, that's all I ask. Don't get up at 3 a.m. just because your energy need is now full. You have to be up at 5 to get ready for school. Just sleep until I wake you, huh?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    IDK if i've already mentioned (here or elsewhere) that the re-using of animations is quite annoying... i'd rather see nothing at all. or instead, a little pop-up with a random phrase re: favourite band, new albums, new idea. even the clapping animation used when cheering a Sim who's playing music would be less repetitive. maybe a nod or a shaking head "no", too.
    edited November 2017
    Other annoyances are, dropped actions especially while fishing and jogging. Send a sim to fish, they always stop to stare into space after fishing for a few sim minutes, direct them to fish again and they stop again for no reason whatever, and it happens even when their needs are green!. It's especially annoying with the jogging, because you queue the action and they just stand there in one spot spinning in and out of their athletic clothes, and it's easy to miss if you are not watching closely or have a full household.

Just found that that they drop actions for eating fruit as well!. For instance, queue 10 apples for a sim to eat, it will eat a one and cancel the rest of the queue. The only time the queue is not cancelled, is you put the fruits on the floor!. Also if you put fruits in a toddlers' inventory, when they age up, all the fruits end up on the floor!

Constantly smelling the food while eating even salad?!, they even smell the fish after they catch it!
    Post edited by meme009 on
    Can never cancel an action a sim chooses to do autonomously. Let’s say the sim was going to read a book, and you cancel it, they get to the bookshelf first before it cancels out, and if you reset them instead of cancelling the action, they magically appear by the bookshelf, its like they are programmed to get there regardless.

Preparing food on the bathroom counters, eating in the bathroom

Too much talking, even the toddlers!
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2017
    Ugh, the whole thing where Sims can "discover" aliens and see through their disguise despite the alien not being in disguise to begin with. It's made even more frustrating by the fact that it's an ancient issue that's been a problem since GTW first came out in 2015 and it still hasn't been fixed. That's two years! Please fix it! I'm having a really hard time enjoying playing aliens because of it, and I'm sure I can't be alone.
  • QveenSimsxxQveenSimsxx Posts: 15 New Member
    Yep, I agree with the traits as well.
    We are also limited to the traits. Toddlers and children only have 1, teens have 2, and young adults+ have 3. That's a lot less compared to TS3
    We also aren't given many options for traits, so now i have to get trait mods??
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    Yep, I agree with the traits as well.
    We are also limited to the traits. Toddlers and children only have 1, teens have 2, and young adults+ have 3. That's a lot less compared to TS3
    We also aren't given many options for traits, so now i have to get trait mods??

Oh yes, I definitely think our Sims should be allowed to have more than three traits, with more traits to choose from as well!
  • QveenSimsxxQveenSimsxx Posts: 15 New Member
    > @worldofdrakan said:
    > QveenSimsxx wrote: »
    >
    > Yep, I agree with the traits as well.
    > We are also limited to the traits. Toddlers and children only have 1, teens have 2, and young adults+ have 3. That's a lot less compared to TS3
    > We also aren't given many options for traits, so now i have to get trait mods??
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh yes, I definitely think our Sims should be allowed to have more than three traits, with more traits to choose from as well!

Yup! I hope they'll do a new update soon with more traits!
  • RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    Sadly, the way traits/emotions work and I will never be friends in this game. All of my Sims may look unique, but they *aren't* really unique, IMHO. And yes, I'm aware that part of it bounces back to the player and his "responsibility" to use his imagination, but still, when I compare TS2 to the current iteration in that regard, I can't help but feel like the way traits (and emotions, for that matter) work in TS2 is vastly superior. They shape the personality of my Sims in actually unique ways, and combined with other aspects of them - especially wants and fears, but, to go further, also with hobbies, interests, turn-off and turn-offs etc - you're pretty much always playing a different Sim.

This may be a little bit of a weird analogy, but I have to think of the way Obi-Wan explains the Force to Luke in Episode IV and tells him that it partly influences/controls his actions, but also obeys his commands. I feel like this is the way Sims and their personalities work in TS2: Through their wants and fears, the way they interact with other Sims* etc. they may influence the story you are imagining for them and direct you to go certain ways. But at the same time, it is finally up to you to decide the path(s) your Sims should go in their virtual lives. With the Sims in TS4, they really don't give you all that much to work with in the first place, and *what* they give you is mostly always the same either way. This was discussed to death before in various other threads, but it's just weird when a lazy sim who becomes energized suddenly wants to do push-ups 'till there's no tomorrow. It just doesn't make sense and ruins a potential story.

*For example, introverted Sims will be incredibly awkward (and a little bit unwilling) about dancing with other Sims, and it will show clearly through their facial expressions, gestures and postures. Personally, I like those little details a lot and I miss them dearly in TS4.
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Revan wrote: »
    Sadly, the way traits/emotions work and I will never be friends in this game. All of my Sims may look unique, but they *aren't* really unique, IMHO. And yes, I'm aware that part of it bounces back to the player and his "responsibility" to use his imagination, but still, when I compare TS2 to the current iteration in that regard, I can't help but feel like the way traits (and emotions, for that matter) work in TS2 is vastly superior. They shape the personality of my Sims in actually unique ways, and combined with other aspects of them - especially wants and fears, but, to go further, also with hobbies, interests, turn-off and turn-offs etc - you're pretty much always playing a different Sim.

This may be a little bit of a weird analogy, but I have to think of the way Obi-Wan explains the Force to Luke in Episode IV and tells him that it partly influences/controls his actions, but also obeys his commands. I feel like this is the way Sims and their personalities work in TS2: Through their wants and fears, the way they interact with other Sims* etc. they may influence the story you are imagining for them and direct you to go certain ways. But at the same time, it is finally up to you to decide the path(s) your Sims should go in their virtual lives. With the Sims in TS4, they really don't give you all that much to work with in the first place, and *what* they give you is mostly always the same either way. This was discussed to death before in various other threads, but it's just weird when a lazy sim who becomes energized suddenly wants to do push-ups 'till there's no tomorrow. It just doesn't make sense and ruins a potential story.

*For example, introverted Sims will be incredibly awkward (and a little bit unwilling) about dancing with other Sims, and it will show clearly through their facial expressions, gestures and postures. Personally, I like those little details a lot and I miss them dearly in TS4.

I agree with this. I don’t agree that that it falls to the players imagination to be responsible to make sims unique. Like you say evil sims are not really evil. My evil sim is one of my nicest sims in the game. Her daughter who has the hot headed and two positive traits display far more negative behaviours than she does. I have a good imagination, I’m a writer but I can’t pretend my evil sim is evil when she gets whims to tell jokes, hug people and compliment people all the time. She is only evil if I make her be which breaks immersion. My sims 2 and 3 sims are much better in this regard. Even the sims 1 is.

The problem is the sims all pull from the same whims regardless of traits and aspirations. Sims with the non committal traits shouldn’t be getting whims to have children.

I really hope this is improved upon but I’m not sure if it’s too late.
  • ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    > @MidnightAura said:

>
    > The problem is the sims all pull from the same whims regardless of traits and aspirations. Sims with the non committal traits shouldn’t be getting whims to have children.
    >
    > I really hope this is improved upon but I’m not sure if it’s too late.

I agree. I do love the special whims and behaviors sims get from their traits and aspirations; I'd like MORE of that. More of the traits making a change in how the sim behaves, in such a way that it's noticeable and makes each sim more unique. The personality traits should really affect who that sim is and what he or she does. Or else it's just filler. The best sim is an unpredictable sim, a result we couldn't predict. Each trait having more of an effect would make the full total of traits, as in the combination of them, make each sim feel like a brand new "person" who we can like and/or dislike. Like sims with the evil trait should be more horrible! Like, we should really get the feeling they enjoy being jerks! I actually love the set-up of traits and whims, as a basic idea. I just wish the execution felt even more dramatic.

(Oh, I miss the old star signs/zodiacs. That was kinda fun too)
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Revan wrote: »

I totally agree. And even when you give a sim emotional traits, it doesn't really matter unless one of those traits gives a positive or productive moodlet, it's totally irrelevant because Happy is so abundant in this game that all negative emotions are almost instantly buried by it. Negative emotions need a commonly occurring booster (like Uncomfortable) and ambient Happy moodlets from things like furniture and decor need to be either toned down or eliminated...or at the very least give us the ability to turn off the default Happy aura like we can with emotional paintings, sculptures, and minerals. We need to bring balance to the Force, so to speak.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    [/quote]

I think all we need is a +3 "fine" moodlet that takes over all the other ones, except the ones that are really strong.
    alas "fine" is not a mood. I want to get into modding JUST to do this!