Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone good at building?

AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
I was thinking of building a house that could be a home for adopted female teenagers and they would move out once they became young adults but I suck at building.

I have all the EPs and vampires, dine out and spa day GP. If you could I would be really grateful and appreciative :DD

Could you also build it on a 40x30 lot?

Comments

• AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    *bump*
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Do you have more information? How many bedrooms/bathrooms are needed? How many Sims? All one floor or multiple floors? Do you like basements, porches, decks, lofted areas, rooftop areas? Do you have a style you are looking for? Do you want lots of yard space for outdoor activities? Are you looking for activity rooms?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    @Piperbird

There's gonna 1 adult sim and 4 teenagers at the house at once. 3 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms as the teenagers will be sharing a room and the adult will have their own room. Ground floor will be the kitchen, living room, study room, and place to put 3 computers. Second floor will be the bathrooms, bedrooms, a room to do yoga and meditate and stuff in and a gym room.

Space outdoors for a basketball court. A porch on the front and a deck at the back of the house.

I would like either of these two styles:
    TQBceH3.jpg
    Pl2VBcL.jpg

But if there too complicated you can simplify them.
    I can certainly try. I only have the base game and Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work, so I can decorate lightly so you can add the items you want. I couldn't find floor plans for the insides of the pics you posted, so I am going to kind of wing it.
    @Piperbird Thank you very much :DD Whatever you build will be miles better than anything I can build so I'm sure you'll do fine :DD
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    use the gallery lol
    giphy_1.gif
    I did the best I could. It's much bigger than I am used to making. I also didn't furnish it much, so you can furnish with the packs you have. I also left the back yard empty, because I don't have any of the spa or yard packs, and you can put what you want there. There is an unfinished basement for more space, or you can delete it if you don't want it. And I always wanted to try a pool in a sunken sunroom, so I hope you don't mind I tried that.

x9V0TCI.png
    vvR62pG.png
    xnl2JMn.png
    iMVghpo.png
    Oh wow that looks amazing! :DD
    It looks really good!
    I tried something new and used half walls instead of fencing on your porch and patio. Your Sims should be able to put things down on it, and you can decorate it with small items.
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Piperbird The home you built for AmySims looks great! So wonderful that you stepped up to help a fellow Simmer :blush: I love that sunken pool, it looks gorgeous! I've never tried that actually, I might have to :wink:

Since you already got help I guess you are no longer in need of any tips, but if you ever in the future are in need of houses and are not a fan of building yourself then you can certainly put up a post like you've done here, and then you might get helpful Simmers like @piperbird help build you a custom home :blush:

If no one puts their hand up to help you out in a thread, you also have the option of using D.N.A requests. There you can fill in a form, and one of their builders will build a home to your specifications. You can find info here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917158/d-n-a-request-team-designing-nature-architecture-just-for-you/p1

I hope your Sims have a great time in their beautiful new home :blush: Have fun!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I tried something new and used half walls instead of fencing on your porch and patio. Your Sims should be able to put things down on it, and you can decorate it with small items.

Ty! :DD
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Hi would you mind if i gave it a try too?(:
    Hi would you mind if i gave it a try too?(:

@WiggleyTuff
    Not at all :DD Go ahead!!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Here is my contribution to the cause. I like it so much, I may try your storyline. I did a few things differently, but I let the house build take me where it wanted me to go. You can find it at my gallery I.D.: #dannydanbo

The Prairie House
    05-19-17_5-26-06nbspPM_zpsxx7tjzsh.png
    05-19-17_5-26-37nbspPM_zpsoukvxey4.png
    05-19-17_5-26-34nbspPM_zpsuazqwd9l.png
    05-19-17_5-26-30nbspPM_zpsqlor4x9m.png
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Here is my contribution to the cause. I like it so much, I may try your storyline. I did a few things differently, but I let the house build take me where it wanted me to go. You can find it at my gallery I.D.: #dannydanbo

The Prairie House
    05-19-17_5-26-06nbspPM_zpsxx7tjzsh.png
    05-19-17_5-26-37nbspPM_zpsoukvxey4.png
    05-19-17_5-26-34nbspPM_zpsuazqwd9l.png
    05-19-17_5-26-30nbspPM_zpsqlor4x9m.png

@Dannydanbo Very nice. I really like the colours. :DD I'm glad you like the storyline ^_^
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    This is a link to a Sorority House. It is a very expensive and grand home , and on a bigger lot size than you have posted, but I just thought that I would post the link to details about it

Sorority Queens 6br, 4ba.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14286609/#Comment_14286609
    edited May 2017
    Would anyone else like to try? I'd love to see your builds!
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Agreed, it's a very interesting sounding storyline!