Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

any news about improvement of traits in TS4 ?

did any of the gurus mention in the last couple of months anything regarding traits or traits improvement ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA

Comments

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    No, not really. However with the new family GP there will be traits Sims can grow up with due to their parents parenting skills.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited May 2017
    bummer
    new skills & features don't change the basics of an average sim though
    :confused:

• Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    No but I hope favorites/zodiac signs/turn ons & turn offs make a return in a patch. It personalizes Sims more besides walking styles. :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    The parenthood game pack will introduce 'lots' of new traits according to the gurus (its on a tweet somewhere), and the game pack k itself is introducing character traits, so imo that should have some impact. Apparently we'll find out more about those next week so keep an eye out for new info, hopefully it'll be what you want :) I'm definitely looking forward to more variety
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I seriously hope we either get an update or pack on their personalities soon.
  • Options
    minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    > @Nomiko13 said:
    > No but I hope favorites/zodiac signs/turn ons & turn offs make a return in a patch. It personalizes Sims more besides walking styles. :)

As a simmer that really enjoyed said features... Yes please! I feel like for now, the sims that I create - personality wise - there's not much of a variety... I'm crossing my fingers for a patch in the near future, it'll make me so happy!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    i am very sure there won't be any zodiac traits in TS4 & probably not in any future sims game,
    astrology is meantime not modern enough for EA & too feminine :tongue:

also

new traits is fine but as long the old traits are not improved nothing will change about those sims

i didn't even play todds because i wanted to spare me the shock between the new definition of traits for todds & the old shallow half working & not making much sense definition for the other ages

i was too often disappointed with this game to have still any expectations
    i just wait & see

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited May 2017
    [quote="Rukola_Schaaf;c-15766932"]i am very sure there won't be any zodiac traits in TS4 & probably not in any future sims game,
    astrology is meantime not modern enough for EA
    & too feminine :tongue:
    [/quote]

We had them in the sims 3 though and thats barely the olden days is it lol...
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Traits aren't broken.
    It's the layering of emotions over the top of them which need optimization.

Oh and zodiacs were useless as were nearly all of the traits they didn't carry over from TS3.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    i am very sure there won't be any zodiac traits in TS4 & probably not in any future sims game,

also

new traits is fine but as long the old traits are not improved nothing will change about those sims

i didn't even play todds because i wanted to spare me the shock between the new definition of traits for todds & the old shallow half working & not making much sense definition for the other ages

i was too often disappointed with this game to have still any expectations
    i just wait & see

Considering a good 90% of the Sims community is female, that's a pretty crappy reason.
    Next you'll be telling me they'll never make a Katy Perry pack, because most of her fanbase is tweens, or they'll never make a mobile game, because that's too "casual".

I mean, I wouldn't personally want astrology in TS4 (turn ons and turn offs are much preferred), but saying that they won't because "lol that's girl's stuff" is pretty ridiculous considering The Sims' core demographic.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, @kwanzaabot, most of the serious Sims players ARE female. Guys tend to play it to lock their Sims in 1x1 rooms and set up torturous social experiments involving clowns and babies and possibly Duke Nukem. Which is also fun, but probably wasn't Maxis' original intention.

I don't know about Zodiacs. Just how would they affect your Sims?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Yeah, @kwanzaabot, most of the serious Sims players ARE female. Guys tend to play it to lock their Sims in 1x1 rooms and set up torturous social experiments involving clowns and babies and possibly Duke Nukem. Which is also fun, but probably wasn't Maxis' original intention.

Mainly for romance purposes. In TS2 they helped define your traits from the get go. Unless I'm missing something else.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Hey, maybe we'll get the Zodiac with a Supernatrual pack? It would go nicely with Witches or Fairies, like a Lunar Cycle would go with Werewolves.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    cadecade Posts: 5 New Member
    I definitely think adding zodiacs, turn ons/turn offs, etc., would be a good idea. At the very least, make it an optional addition, like having a different walk style. The turn ons/turn offs would be a nice callback to Sims 2 - I know a lot of players want something more Sims 2-esque, anyways.

Personally? I'd like to see more traits in general. Not necessarily a ton more, but I think a few more would be nice. But we'll get those through future expansions (and perhaps gamepacks, if the traits in Parenthood end up being popular.) But I'd rather they ignore new traits if it means we'll get some improvements to the current traits. I'd love to see Sims with the Jealous trait, for example, get jealous when someone has something they don't, or someone has a nicer house than them. (Well... for all I know, they do - I only have one Sim with that trait, and she tends to stay at home.) But some slight improvements, at the least, would be really nice, and definitely appreciated.
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    Well, it seems that the parenting skill of the adults affects the new character values the kids get and that in turn now affects what traits the kids get as they age up according to this tweet: https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/865598460350693376

I don't know if they've made any changes to the traits themselves, but I love that now the traits available to you depend on the quality of your upbringing. Consequences like that are things I live for personally. I also really missed the effects a good or bad upbringing had on our Sims in previous games, so I'm happy we will get something similar and maybe even better. And I'm really excited about character values, it sounds like they'll make our Sims more unique.
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    astrology is meantime not modern enough for EA
    & too feminine :tongue:

We had them in the sims 3 though and thats barely the olden days is it lol...

in TS3 it was
    1. decorational
    2. still due to nostagia & sims games tradition
    3. sims could talk about it but what else ?
    4. sims had some sort of "attraction" because of it

the initial idea about those zodiac signs in TS1 was to bring some different character & behaviour to sims
    TS2 sims' personality system was developed further upon that idea
    TS3 left that path, TS4 went even further away from both - personality & zodiac assortment of personality

well,
    maybe i should correct myself then

TS4 might have zodiac signs as decorational feature :tongue:

• Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Considering a good 90% of the Sims community is female, that's a pretty plum reason.
    Next you'll be telling me they'll never make a Katy Perry pack, because most of her fanbase is tweens, or they'll never make a mobile game, because that's too "casual".

I mean, I wouldn't personally want astrology in TS4 (turn ons and turn offs are much preferred), but saying that they won't because "lol that's girl's stuff" is pretty ridiculous considering The Sims' core demographic.

or you could aswer yourself the question why you don't want zodiacs & astrology in TS4
    then you would know exactly what i meant

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

Uhhh... and all female Sims players tend to create brain dead "models" that scream YAAAS all the time and dress like they couldn't afford more fabric. Stereotyping is fun, isn't it ? Then again I don't even know where you got yours from, aside from LGR. Most guys I encountered IRL or online who play this game are either dramatically gay and play pretty princess dollhouse or are really into building.

But yeah, it definitely wouldn't be too feminine. Especially because there's a huge pandering to women going on in our society anyway these days.

Am I the only male who plays The Sims...normally? :D
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    StairStephStairSteph Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm hoping they'll add back the "randomize/roll trait" button :#
  • Options

As a dude, I don't know if that's necessarily true.

A lot of guys just use it to make hot girls and marry them to selfsims.
    Me, I just do the legacy challenge with a bunch of weirdo aliens, vampires and plantsims.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Considering a good 90% of the Sims community is female, that's a pretty plum reason.

or you could aswer yourself the question why you don't want zodiacs & astrology in TS4
    then you would know exactly what i meant

.... because it's meaningless pseudoscience that deserves to be left in the past?
    It being "feminine" has nothing to do with my complete and utter contempt for it.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

Uhhh... and all female Sims players tend to create brain dead "models" that scream YAAAS all the time and dress like they couldn't afford more fabric. Stereotyping is fun, isn't it ? Then again I don't even know where you got yours from, aside from LGR. Most guys I encountered IRL or online who play this game are either dramatically gay and play pretty princess dollhouse or are really into building.

But yeah, it definitely wouldn't be too feminine. Especially because there's a huge pandering to women going on in our society anyway these days.

Am I the only male who plays The Sims...normally? :D

Lol. I wonder how many guys Loanet actually knows who play the sims, to be able to make such a statement.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    This thread is teaching me some fascinating stuff about myself. I had no idea I was flaming gay, love building and constantly make hot girl Sims to marry to my simself. Here I was, like the idiot I am, thinking I just like playing the game and seeing what stories unfold when Sims with various personality traits and habits interact with each other.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"