Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 2.0

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    People, I have access to every section of the forum. I chose to place this in the TS4 section because of numerous threads there. This is a discussion I wanted to have with the players in that area. I can understand why someone glanced at the title and thought I posted in the wrong section. Things would be a lot better if we could delete or stop getting notifications on our own posts. Especially when a thread is derailed or necro'd

No need to get snarky. A Simmer didn't move your thread, it was a moderator.

Just a tip for the future, most all threads that mention anything other than TS4 in the TS4 section will end up in Off Topic or TS3 where they usually die a friendly death. Not a lot of unfriendliness or heat in these here parts! :smile:
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    @aricarai I didn't mean to sound snarky. The moving of threads really bugs me. I know it wasn't a fellow simmer. My forum posts during the day can seem very curt but that is only because I work in a setting where I wouldn't want to be seen posting on these forums
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @aricarai I didn't mean to sound snarky. The moving of threads really bugs me. I know it wasn't a fellow simmer. My forum posts during the day can seem very curt but that is only because I work in a setting where I wouldn't want to be seen posting on these forums

No worries. It is frustrating when threads get moved when you intenationally placed it elsewhere but I've learned what I said above...mentioning most anything other than TS4 in the TS4 section will be moved. Maybe if you somehow mentioned TS4 in the title and posted in your opening post that you intended for it to be a discussion among Simmers that primarily place TS4, it might just stay there.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    The way I see it is that there is only so much that the can add to the game. I really can't see anything else that they can do that's different from what we already have or had in the other Sims games. I mean people can ask for these same things to be added to TS4 as there really isn't anything wrong with that. And I'm sure that when people have asked for things that have been in the previous Sims games, they also ask for these things to be made better than the previous games. But that's probably about what EA can do as there really isn't much more that they can add that hasn't already been added.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    You are assuming something in your OP that puts certain simmers in a corner. That definitely is a Sims 4 section thing and I'll be frank with you: I hate it. Because it always seems to be aimed at Sims 3 players, where Sims 2 players are often longing for the literal past even more than Sims 3 players do. Yet that is never adressed, because many Sims 4 players are former - or current - Sims 2 fans. Your OP also reflects a simplified version of what people are complaining about when they adress the new game and its future. Most people don't want a 2.0, just like you. Still you are accusing people they do. You yourself started that conversation, but it's clear you're not interested at all whether the people you are accusing really want what you say they want. Now that a lot of us say 'no we don't' you suddenly lost interest. I find this a rather nasty way of starting a discussion.

Maybe you can explain what it really was you want to discuss here. If you want to discuss Sims 4, discuss Sims 4. If you want to discuss people who love Sims 3, this section is the proper place.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 I wanted to discuss something that was happening in the TS4 section in the TS4 section nothing more. This isn't about bashing TS3 players or anything like that because it took me about 6 months to purchase TS4 and another couple of months to start playing regularly. There are players who hate TS4 and go into that section and pretty much make the same thread over and over again or comment the same comments on thread after thread.
    Once again @SimGuruDrake please close this thread
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I think a lot of the criticism where TS4 is concerned is directly linked to the removal of features that were quite popular in TS3.
    As a result the hardocre fans of TS3 bring a lot of negative bias to the table when it comes to the new features of TS4, leaving an overall impression that any change other than a cosmetic facelift would have been unwelcome.

I think if most of these features had not been ommitted the criticisms of the new fetures TS4 added would have been a lot less harsh and the impression that they just wanted the old game re-skinned would have been drastically reduced.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited May 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    I think a lot of the criticism where TS4 is concerned is directly linked to the removal of features that were quite popular in TS3.
    As a result the hardocre fans of TS3 bring a lot of negative bias to the table when it comes to the new features of TS4, leaving an overall impression that any change other than a cosmetic facelift would have been unwelcome.

I think if most of these features had not been ommitted the criticisms of the new fetures TS4 added would have been a lot less harsh and the impression that they just wanted the old game re-skinned would have been drastically reduced.

If you are going to rebrand something ... Then you rebrand it.
    If you are making a sequel ... It shouldn't be a surprise that it will live or die in accordance to it's predecessors.

There are folks that fall in the middle or on either side of the TS3 and TS4 issue(s).
    But it is completely reasonable for people to expect a lot of the same aspects within the same game under the same title series.

If they wanted to keep them separate or establish a new chain ... Then they could have rebranded TS4 in a different way.
    The easiest way would be to make it clear from the beginning it was a new direction ... All they would have to do is call it "Sims".

The idea they wanted current players to continue to participate (in the store and elsewhere) ... Is probably why they didn't abandon the chain altogether ... And why we are having this conversation ... And here no less ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    edited May 2017
    BlackSand wrote: »

If you are going to rebrand something ... Then you rebrand it.
    If you are making a sequel ... It shouldn't be a surprise that it will live or die in accordance to it's predecessors.

There are folks that fall in the middle or on either side of the TS3 and TS4 issue(s).
    But it is completely reasonable for people to expect a lot of the same aspects within the same game under the same title series.

If they wanted to keep them separate or establish a new chain ... Then they could have rebranded TS4 in a different way.
    The easiest way would be to make it clear from the beginning it was a new direction ... All they would have to do is call it "Sims".

The idea they wanted current players to continue to participate (in the store and elsewhere) ... Is probably why they didn't abandon the chain altogether ... And why we are having this conversation.

See what you are implying here is that TS4 isn't worthy of being a title sequel because it took the game in what you percieve to be a radically different direction.
    However the fact of the matter is TS4 is more in line with TS1 and TS2 than TS3 was.

Trust me when I tell you that I had to fend off hordes of pitchfork weilding TS2 fans before TS3 even launched.
    TS3 is a great game, and I like it a lot... but make no mistake this was the title that caused the first major rift in the community. by taking the core elements into uncharted territory.

TS4 went back to the games roots which of course is a terrible thing for anyone who either started with TS3 or consider it to be their favorite, but is more like a homecoming for people who favored the format of 1 & 2.

Having said that there is certainly nothing saying that they couldn't have made a version of TS4 which would have included CASt and terrain tools at the very least which I believe would have signifcantly diminished the amount of criticism the new features of TS4 has recieved.
    edited May 2017
    @JoAnne65 I wanted to discuss something that was happening in the TS4 section in the TS4 section nothing more. This isn't about bashing TS3 players or anything like that because it took me about 6 months to purchase TS4 and another couple of months to start playing regularly. There are players who hate TS4 and go into that section and pretty much make the same thread over and over again or comment the same comments on thread after thread.
    But I reacted to that in this topic exactly the same way as I would have in the Sims 4 section: I don't want a Sims 3 2.0 and I don't see people stating in that section they do (I don't think you'll find many Sims 3 fans who don't see its flaws; I know I do). I only see people accusing them of doing so, often to simplify and silence criticism (and it puts me off it's always Sims 3 fans who are treated this way, when people who prefer Sims 2 often favour that game in much more absolute praisings). I think you'll find a majority wants the best of all versions combined, including the good things Sims 4 has to offer. I just wish people would stop trying to speak for others what they do and do not want.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited May 2017
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I didn't find TS4 a coming home to TS1 and TS2. I only wanted enjoyable Game Play- which I didn't find*. I found the Sims annoying and couldn't like them at all. :(

I was a hoard of TS2 fans which didn't want to give up my control of each family to Story Progression... but they also added something to pull me in and I had years of fun in TS3. Nothing in 2 years of TS4 has pulled me in- course, I won't buy anything after reading about it on the forums. :(

I'm a "Left Behind-er" of the Series.

Duly noted...and...
    TS4 went back to the games roots which of course is a terrible thing for anyone who either started with TS3 or consider it to be their favorite, but is more like a homecoming for some people who favored the format of 1 & 2.
    Fixed. B)
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2017
    There is so much more that can be done concerning a life simulator and TS3 is the most advanced and has new never been done before worthwhile features that I wanted to see continue and improved upon plus added onto. Because that's what game series are supposed to do, it keeps building on the foundation so gameplay is always familiar but at the same time new and exciting.

If you build your house in the sand...well your foundation is weak (TS4).

TS has an amazing foundation which TS2 further built on then TS3 continued though lost some features I deem important for a life simulator. But nevertheless still stunned the world with its uniqueness and player friendly capability of freedom and creativity.

Oh, you know I see some fish over there. I'll just direct my Sim to go there. What? No loading screens and I have the largest gameplay area in the history of Sims! Yes, please.
    [img]https://s25.postimg.org/437jisja7/Screenshot-759.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://s25.postimg.org/v2bedy5r3/Screenshot-760.jpg[/img]

I love the open seamless world. One of the best features that came to The Sims franchise. <3
    [img]https://s25.postimg.org/6olr3chi7/Screenshot-9.jpg[/img]

(Apparently, still broken for me. Whatever is going on with the forums/site.)
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”

See what you are implying here is that TS4 isn't worthy of being a title sequel because it took the game in what you percieve to be a radically different direction.
    However the fact of the matter is TS4 is more in line with the TS1 and TS2 than TS3 was.

Trust me when I tell you that I had to fend off hordes of pitchfork weilding TS2 fans before TS3 even launched.
    TS3 is a great game, and I like it a lot... but make no mistake this was the title that caused the first major rift in the community. by taking the core elements into uncharted territory.

TS4 went back to the games roots which of course is a terrible thing for anyone who either started with TS3 or consider it to be their favorite, but is more like a homecoming for people who favored the format of 1 & 2.

Having said that there is certainly nothing saying that they couldn't have made a version of TS4 which would have included CASt and terrain tools at the very least which I believe would have signifcantly diminished the amount of criticism the new features of TS4 has recieved.

Oh goodness ... That isn't what I was implying at all ... Perhaps you misunderstood I was talking business and marketing.

There is no way I could imply anything regarding the mechanics or gameplay of TS4.
    That would probably be because I have never played TS4 ... Not even the Demo ... And never intend to.

I base a lot of that decision on the advice and criticisms of people I have grown to respect in the TS3 Community.
    Add that to the fact that EA and our friends at NRAAS have provided me with exactly the game I want ... There's no question.

I followed this rabbit hole all the way to Utopia ... Not in search of another rabbit hole at the moment.
    I'll keep an eye out for TS5 ... Or a rebranded version should that be the case.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Uzone27 wrote: »
    I didn't find TS4 a coming home to TS1 and TS2. I only wanted enjoyable Game Play- which I didn't find*. I found the Sims annoying and couldn't like them at all. :(

I was a hoard of TS2 fans which didn't want to give up my control of each family to Story Progression... but they also added something to pull me in and I had years of fun in TS3. Nothing in 2 years of TS4 has pulled me in- course, I won't buy anything after reading about it on the forums. :(

I'm a "Left Behind-er" of the Series.

Duly noted...and...
    TS4 went back to the games roots which of course is a terrible thing for anyone who either started with TS3 or consider it to be their favorite, but is more like a homecoming for some people who favored the format of 1 & 2.
    Fixed. B)

*High-Five* Thanks. :mrgreen:

However the fact of the matter is TS4 is more in line with the TS1 and TS2 than TS3 was.

Oh goodness ... That isn't what I was implying at all ... Perhaps you misunderstood I was talking business and marketing.

There is no way I could imply anything regarding the mechanics or gameplay of TS4.
    That would probably be because I have never played TS4 ... Not even the Demo ... And never intend to.

I base a lot of that decision on the advice and criticisms of people I have grown to respect in the TS3 Community.
    Add that to the fact that EA and our friends at NRAAS have provided me with exactly the game I want ... There's no question.

I followed this rabbit hole all the way to Utopia ... Not in search of another rabbit hole at the moment.
    I'll keep an eye out for TS5 ... Or a rebranded version should that be the case.

Gotcha.
    One thing concerning some<<< (see what I did there?) criticism of TS4 emanating from this part of the forum is that it is heavily tainted for reasons I described previously. Whether they are willing to admit it or not...their disappointment over the things S4 didn't carry over definitely effects how they view TS4 as a whole. This is not an indictment.it's human nature...

In other words this isn't exactly the place to hang if you want an objective opinion of TS4.

Uzone...*puts on flak jacket... B)

Gotcha.
    One thing concerning some<<< (see what I did there?) criticism of TS4 emanating from this part of the forum is that it is heavily tainted for reasons I described previously. Whether they are willing to admit it or not...their disappointment over the things S4 didn't carry over definitely effects how they view TS4 as a whole. This is not an indictment.it's human nature...

In other words this isn't exactly the place to hang if you want an objective opinion of TS4.

Ya Think?
    But then again ... This is our house ... B)

Gotcha.

Ya Think?

Touche' B)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I just wanted a game which I found fun and entertaining. . . I actually hoped it would be. I knew I liked the look of the Sims and their clothes were fine, it was them and the game which gave me the blahs. I play TS2 and I have no problem with loading screens so that wasn't an issue. Toddlers weren't an issue at the beginning... it was the game engine (way of processing them or how ya wanna call it) and the way the Sims smiled so freakin' much and moved which annoyed me plus the flimsy emotions.... and the lighting, blurriness of the whole thing. :shudders: :)

Assuming they're not going to make any changes to the game engine and the way the sims look is there anything they could add that would make you want to give it a try?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    it's kind of interesting how the tone of this thread changed completely after it got moved between sections :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    People, I have access to every section of the forum. I chose to place this in the TS4 section because of numerous threads there. This is a discussion I wanted to have with the players in that area. I can understand why someone glanced at the title and thought I posted in the wrong section. Things would be a lot better if we could delete or stop getting notifications on our own posts. Especially when a thread is derailed or necro'd

May 17th to May 18th is hardly a necro... just saying.

Having said that. I read this thread from the Sims 4 original forum and knew it was only a matter of time before it got moved to TS3 side. The mods always put anything that mentions TS3 or even remotely compares TS3 to TS4 makes it's way to TS3 side.

Gotcha.

Ya Think?
    Thing is, the Sims 4 section isn't exactly the place if you want an objective opinion of TS4 either ;) Nobody is objective on these boards, we are all biased in one way or the other.
    5JZ57S6.png