NOVEMBER 15 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Closed.

ikiamyettaikiamyetta Posts: 1,241 Member
edited May 19 in General Discussion
Closed. Will a mod please close this thread. Please!!!!!!!!!! @SimGuruDrake
Post edited by ikiamyetta on

Comments

  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 926 Member
    I wish I could take what I like about each game and combine it into a whole new game. LOL
    tumblr_m6ded14qFC1qi3ei3o2_500.gif


    Tru fax.
  • ikiamyettaikiamyetta Posts: 1,241 Member
    I wish I could take what I like about each game and combine it into a whole new game. LOL

    That'd be great! I wish I could develop that.
  • SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member
    edited May 18
    agreed.
    I get a little bored seeing people ask for the same features over and over again just because they were in past iterations.
    Give them a chance to try something new and they might surprise us all. There are already plenty of very successful ideas that came out in the sims 4 for the first time and were quite impressive (clubs for instance)
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 471 Member
    I can see a little bit of stuff from previous games but I like the idea of new concepts too.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 148 Member
    I wish successive Sims games would start out at the place the previous Sims game left off -- make it a new game, yes. But if the previous Sims game had Pets, Seasons, University, etc., create the new Sims game with all of that upon release. Then, each new expansion/game pack/whatever could actually ADD something new to the series.



  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 6,311 Member
    edited May 18
    I have never seen a single person on these forums ask for a TS3 2.0. What I commonly see, however, are people asking for the best of TS2 and the best of TS3 mashed into one with plenty of other improvements. To me, that's very reasonable to expect out of the fourth iteration.

    With that said, I do think TS4's direction isn't exactly the worst possible direction they could have headed in. In fact, there are many positives to TS4 that I personally enjoy when I play the game. It was certainly different from what I was expecting, but I don't think it is completely bad, or anything like that. My main hope is that the game delivers top notch quality through game and expansion packs to redeem what I felt was a poor launch for the game, and some select packs which I felt were a bit on the weaker side.

    Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how TS4: Parenthood expands the game. I thought Generations really fixed a lot of things I found broken within the gameplay of TS3, and I am by no means expecting the same pack again. I don't want that, and nobody should expect that with any pack.
  • ikiamyettaikiamyetta Posts: 1,241 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I have never seen a single person on these forums ask for a TS3 2.0. What I commonly see, however, are people asking for the best of TS2 and the best of TS3 mashed into one with plenty of other improvements. To me, that's very reasonable to expect out of the fourth iteration.

    With that said, I do think TS4's direction isn't exactly the worst possible direction they could have headed in. In fact, there are many positives to TS4 that I personally enjoy when I play the game. It was certainly different from what I was expecting, but I don't think it is completely bad, or anything like that. My main hope is that the game delivers top notch quality through game and expansion packs to redeem what I felt was a poor launch for the game, and some select packs which I felt were a bit on the weaker side.

    Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how TS4: Parenthood expands the game. I thought Generations really fixed a lot of things I found broken within the gameplay of TS3, and I am by no means expecting the same pack again. I don't want that, and nobody should expect that with any pack.

    This week alone I've read several posts listing majority of TS3 EPs as requests for TS4 as a response to the new GP announcement. I also see the requestsame like you mentioned but I must be clicking on all the threads with the hardcore TS3 lovers this week.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 6,311 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I have never seen a single person on these forums ask for a TS3 2.0. What I commonly see, however, are people asking for the best of TS2 and the best of TS3 mashed into one with plenty of other improvements. To me, that's very reasonable to expect out of the fourth iteration.

    With that said, I do think TS4's direction isn't exactly the worst possible direction they could have headed in. In fact, there are many positives to TS4 that I personally enjoy when I play the game. It was certainly different from what I was expecting, but I don't think it is completely bad, or anything like that. My main hope is that the game delivers top notch quality through game and expansion packs to redeem what I felt was a poor launch for the game, and some select packs which I felt were a bit on the weaker side.

    Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how TS4: Parenthood expands the game. I thought Generations really fixed a lot of things I found broken within the gameplay of TS3, and I am by no means expecting the same pack again. I don't want that, and nobody should expect that with any pack.

    This week alone I've read several posts listing majority of TS3 EPs as requests for TS4 as a response to the new GP announcement. I also see the requestsame like you mentioned but I must be clicking on all the threads with the hardcore TS3 lovers this week.

    They could be asking for the same concept again, but I haven't read those threads, so I have no idea.

    Personally, I'm 100% against asking for something I've already paid for 3 times. I would definitely like a new, unique experience with each pack, even if it shares the same concept (i.e pets, seasons, and so on).
  • SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member
    edited May 18
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    I wish successive Sims games would start out at the place the previous Sims game left off -- make it a new game, yes. But if the previous Sims game had Pets, Seasons, University, etc., create the new Sims game with all of that upon release. Then, each new expansion/game pack/whatever could actually ADD something new to the series.

    this doesn't sound the least bit unrealistic to you?..
    sims 3 had 6 years of content. how could they possibly pack 6 years of content into a new game, add stuff on top of it, and sell it as a base game?.. what a ridiculous notion. this is ignoring everything in ts1 and ts2 which would make it 17 years of content lmao
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 4,167 Member
    edited May 18
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 385 Member
    edited May 18
    First, they want a feature which was part of an expansion in a previous ideration (doesn't need to be TS3, but it is most of the time), then, when said content will be released, the same people complain about it being a repetition of an older ideration...it happens with every single pack for TS4 that releases. And then, when finally something new releases that wasn't in any previous ideration, people complain AGAIN, mostly things like "where are pets? Where are seasons?"

    The ultimate solution would be that the devs just add things like seasons and pets already in the base game, but these packs make so much money everytime that I highly doubt they would do that.

    ETA: I think the reason for many players to wish for content that was already in previous games is that they liked this content and want it to be improved on now in TS4. That's just my guess, I feel the same about TS3 Into the Future, I hope the same or atleast a similar theme will be part of a future gp or ep, but I see that this pack for TS3 wasn't so popular, so I don't set my hopes too high.
    sig1.png

    Want some starter houses? Look up my gallery! Origin ID: Huiiie_07
  • PlaidygamiPlaidygami Posts: 48 Member
    From what I played in the trial version of The Sims 4, there were a lot of new changes I loved (one of which is the search bar, oh god, THANK YOU), and some changes I didn't like (not as open world as Sims 3, e.g. loading screens everywhere). Regardless, it was still fun because it felt like a new game, rather than just an old game with a new coat of paint.

    Granted, I would love to see features from older games transcending into the newer game, but I do understand you can't just cram every imaginable feature and function into one game. It's just unrealistic. I am saying this as a web developer, and the same can be applied to websites and web apps, but I digress.

    TL;DR I honestly think The Sims 4 is great as it is, despite a few of its flaws, and I am glad that it's different than The Sims 3. Change is good. Gotta learn to adapt and move on.
    来る者は拒まず。 去る者は追わず。
    天下無不散之筵席。
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 18,192 Member
    I'm a hardcore Sims 3 fan as well, because so far it's the best I've got in this franchise. For me. I would love something better though and that could perfectly well (preferably even) be something different. I don't need the same game all over again (in fact the call for that by some Sims 2 fans has always surprised me; wanting certain NPC's back, wanting a cow plant, wanting a tragic clown, why..?). I don't know what topics the OP is referring to but I, hardcore Sims 3 fan also active in the TS4 section, certainly wasn't a part of it. I don't need the same EP's all over again. I do want open world and CASt, but that exceeds 'Sims 3'. That for me just represents quality, like personalities in Sims 2 exceed that version. Things like that just contribute to an overall better Sims game.
    zAauDCL.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 34,234 Member
    Geez.... there's stuff from TS I've been wanting them to "Update" and "Improve' so it could be add to the newer versions of the Sims. It ain't about the same old thing- it's about Bringing them forward, updating, expanding for more fun.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,105 Member
    I just wanted TS4 to be an improvement on TS3. Was it in some ways? Yes. What is it overall? Absolutely not.
    36670711666_50b290f74b_o.png
  • JackiMahJackiMah Posts: 40 Member
    If this game makes the same amount of updates/progress it has made throughout the past 2 years then I think it'll be about even but in different ways with The Sims 3 at least.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 1,438 Member
    This is how I would have liked to see the evolution of Sims:

    The Sims 1 = Life simulation!

    The Sims 2 = Life simulation in 3D!

    The Sims 3 = Life simulation in a 3D open world!

    The Sims 4 = Life simulation in a super-realistic looking open 3D world!

    Improve on the best from the earlier games and add new features. :smile: Human life hasn't changed much since Sims 1, so of course many things will be similar in each Sims game. :tongue: But they could be done little differently. It's nothing wrong with wanting stuff from earlier games, and we shouldn't forget that simmers always will have many many ideas for new features and interactions!
    xj0QUpI.gif
  • ikiamyettaikiamyetta Posts: 1,241 Member
    @SimGuruDrake please close this thread since it was moved to a section where it isn't suitable
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited May 18
    @ikiamyetta It isn't 'not suitable' it are just different opinions, different views, and a lot of people who reacted here and probably said things you don't agree with it and made it being in this section of the forum 'not suitable' also react in the Sims 4 section and would have seen it there anyway. Not wanting mainly S3-players to react but nagging about probably those people in particular also doesn't seem really inviting to me.

    Also, moving topics from TS4 to TS3 is just something they do. It already happened a thousand times and people should already know it happens.
    gPIAhSB.jpg
    There's a site hidden in my signature.
    My wishlist! Give items if you want!!! (RANDOM ORDER)
    Ultimate cc-list
    My top 5
    My simblr
    People just don't understand what it is, that they have to understand.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 18,192 Member
    edited May 18
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake please close this thread since it was moved to a section where it isn't suitable
    I'd say it couldn't be more suitable. This is the place where the people hang out you are suspecting of having a certain point of view, this is where they can shine their light on that suspicion. Maybe you would have loved to continue this conversation talking about those people (the 'hardcore Sims 3 lovers'), the moderators gave you a chance to actually talk to them. So, here we are.
    zAauDCL.png
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm one of the hardcore Sims 3 lovers too (even though I play TS4 a bit), I've noticed as you say that many people want Sims 3 EPs to return but almost everything that could be done in the Sims was done in TS3. So it can be hard now to find truly original ideas.
    About the rest, things that are also Sims 3 features that people want back, like more complex personalities, free babies, seasons, pets, open worlds, CASt, less cartoony graphics... Do people want them back because they were in TS3, or do people want them back simply because they're realistic details of the real world ?
    Personally, if anew game just happened to be TS3 2.0, I wouldn't buy it. I already have TS3 ! No need to spend so much money for a clone of a game that already exists.
    Every new Sims game needs to have new and original features. But TS3 added a high number of realistic features. And as we like some realism, it's normal that we want this realism back. It doesn't need to be done the same way as TS3 at all. But one thing is sure, it shouldn't be neglected.
  • ikiamyettaikiamyetta Posts: 1,241 Member
    People, I have access to every section of the forum. I chose to place this in the TS4 section because of numerous threads there. This is a discussion I wanted to have with the players in that area. I can understand why someone glanced at the title and thought I posted in the wrong section. Things would be a lot better if we could delete or stop getting notifications on our own posts. Especially when a thread is derailed or necro'd
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,091 Member
    @ikiamyetta - I saw your thread in TS4 section last night. I also looked for the numerous threads you were talking about where people are asking for TS3 expansions but I couldn't find them. (TS3 packs, interestingly enough, also parallel quite closely TS1 and TS2 packs.) Even if there are requests for similar packs from other iterations, this is a life simulator, after all, and there are only so many "slices of life" that can be expanded on enough to fill an EP, GP, or SP.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top