Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Me, Or does Parenthood Game Pack sound really really boring!

Comments

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    No way! Im sorry you feel that way but I'm so excited!! I've been waiting so long for this pack. I'm a huge family player and this is something so important for my gameplay style. We can't always get the content we want for this game. People with different play styles need to take turns getting the content they desire. Maybe the next EP will be seasons or pets or something exciting you desire. I do hope for seasons! It's always one of my favorite.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I feel so-so about the upcoming pack. The whole parenting concept doesn't has to offer much for my gamestyle. I mean, I do play families, but the nurturing aspect is secondary. Last GP was vampires, though, so it's only fair that this time the more realism inclined players get a GP tailored to them.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Different simmers have different preferences and play styles. Like in real, non-digital life, people have different preferences and likes/dislikes, and so on.

For me, personally, as a family player (including playing some sim families with various supernatural members), I am very excited for more family interaction and family play.

Family play and generations-play in Sims 4 are still not fleshed out enough, like in past Sims games.

Sims 4 needs to play catch up with those more substantial past Sims games, and this is one aspect (besides supernaturals, seasons, etc) where it needs to keep producing content for.

I really want more family content, so I hope this GP will be fleshed out well. I enjoyed the vampire GP and toddler gameplay, so I can only hope the new pack can be as good or even better... :smile:

Hopefully a future pack will have stuff other groups of simmers are personally interested in.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Waited 2yrs for toddlers and wanted more interactions with parents in a game like this, and in this GP, there is a new gameplay that the Sims franchise hasn't done before and that is the child Sims gets to have their lunch made at home and then they take to school. This is why I love this GP cos EA's finally putting in stuff in this game that has never been done before in all the Sims series and I hope they do more new things for this series. I can't wait for this GP cos I love family play too and I love new things that hasn't been done before!

I esp. like the lunchbags, because it might mean that the sims needs will decrease less while they're at school, since they can supposedly increase their food needs when they're away.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    C'mon Sims 4 designers, bring back Pyramids and Mummies, Pets, Seasons, or something exciting. Kids misbehaving? really? Have you run out of ideas?

No I don't think it's just you. It's more like the family players have been asking and asking for family stuff. I find the whole family thing really not my cup of tea. Like you WA was one of my favorite packs and I still use it. I thought TS3 Generations was probably the worst pack (but not worse than Katy Perry)and yet a lot of people really liked it. My TS3 game is full of insane, evil scientists, world travel, fighting mummies, witches,zombies, slums and murder mysteries.

When I first started to play I saw that so many people play legacies and generational families so I thought I would try. By gen 3 I felt like this

headdesk.gif

I knew it wasn't for me. I found it predictable, boring and lather,rinse,repeat in it's sameness. Give me meteors and zombies any day.
    But those generations can be scientists, world travellers, mummy fighters and witches can't they ;)?

I hope this pack will bring the family life people want. I like both myself, what the OP likes and what family players like. The combination is what makes the game.

Not for me. My guys are usually love em and leave em and my ladies tend to be on the wild side. I've thought about it sometimes and maybe it has to do with I don't need a game that emulates family life with all the things that go with it like housework and kids homework because I've had all that in real life. My games are about fantasy, supernaturals, tombs, mummies and insane scientists that go around town blowing things up. In future packs I'd like more unreal instead of real.
    Lol, wild girls :D I like playing guys for some reason by the way (though right now I'm playing girls in both games). My playing style is basically the same as yours btw to be honest. A lot of adventures and love perils/complications and somewhere in between (or in the end fast fast fast) I raise the new heir, main goal being them becoming a YA ;) There was one exception when it was the kids who had the adventures. (their father mastered all the French tombs in the meantime)
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited May 2017
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    No I'm sure it's not just you, but you are in a slim minority people really want this. I don't see many threads asking for mummies.
    I'm one of those not so family players, but I've enjoyed playing things in this game that I haven't in prior sims games so I'm looking forward to it. The idea of shaping a sim from a young age up and adding traits that will follow them into adulthood is the part that grabs me. The science projects also thrill me.. just more tools to support a story I want to create for a sim. All the stuff/hair ect that comes in each pack pretty easily makes it worth it for me to buy also so in the end if I don't plan on being a parent consistently after this (and definitely not a consistent parent). I'm really good with it.
    I also get a big kick out of the excitement I see other simmers have for this pack. It's pretty cool to watch.
    People not specifically asking for mummies does not indicate the OP is part of a slim minority. It just means people don't necessarily need mummies in the new game because they had them in the previous game and to those who love that: that EP was nothing less than perfection. I'm with the OP to some extent (though I do also appreciate and value great family play), but I really don't need mummies in Sims 4. So I think you are making a link there that doesn't exist. I would love something else adventurous and puzzle like though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Well, I would like everything to be in my game, I'm greedy like that :D All supes, pets, weathers, family stuff, holidays, scary, dangerous, poor and downtrodden, adventures etc etc etc. But, of course, they can only release one thing at a time and there are probably many things which will sadly never make it into this version.

I am pleased to see them taking some new approaches on things which have been previously popular and much requested - the toddlers, the vampires and now (it seems) the family play have all been fleshed out and done well.

I am very excited about the parenting game pack and hope that it lives up to our expectations. If it does, this will be the second time in this version that they have managed to wow me (the first being the very well done toddlers) and that can only be a good thing.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Being a family player, I can't wait for the Parenthood pack to come out. It looks great to me.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    C'mon Sims 4 designers, bring back Pyramids and Mummies, Pets, Seasons, or something exciting. Kids misbehaving? really? Have you run out of ideas?

I was thinking (again) about your request for a pack. Instead of going in the same old direction for TS4 like Seasons, how about Extreme Weather? :D That's a new idea. Instead of rain, snow and some leaves how about extreme... that's exciting right?

Weather which tears down your buildings Yay, your Sims will be blown away if they go outside. Yards flood. So much snow it blocks the doors.

C'mon Maxis people want something exciting, bring on the Disaster/Extreme Weather pack. :D;) (I would buy it btw)

Oh, can't leave out summer. Extreme heat, Sims die of heatstroke. Fun right? :D>:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    I'm not the biggest fan of family play and well, I really love Ancient Egypt theme (there aren't a lot of games related to Ancient Egypt) and hope it will return along with Japan as well, however, this pack could be a good opportunity to give us children and teens with better personalities, the game need more interaction depth between Sims.

Children and teens are lacking, they're just like boring versions of adults except they're worse and I would like to see something more than we have, mainly because when I'm getting tired of playing one Sim I want to make another one and that's when family play comes in handy, especially because they reward you for rising good child by giving you various traits which you can't get another way. So, since life stages before young adult (except toddlers) are boring, why not to bring more content for those two?

Right now without some variety it feels like grinding and I'm getting bored quickly, in fact, I'm trying to deal with this stuff as fast as I can. This pack, however, encourages me not to skip teen life stage (I grow them up instantly after getting A grade) and also to play children more than I do, even after completing their aspirations, so I'm actually happy that they decided to go with family focused pack. It will bring way more "replayability" and roleplay in general related to children with teens.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Like bowling? I played bowling a couple of times.... now it's boring. They need to create activities that hold our interests longer and do not get monotonous.
    All activities in a game like this become monotonous after awhile.
    Parenthood? really??? can you pay more attention and concentrating on pets or seasons finally, and stop feeding us with such a sh....t??

Pets and seasons would most likely be an expansion pack....not a game or a stuff pack....and there are different teams that work on the different types of packs. So this likely has zero impact on the development of pets or seasons.

The all activities become boring comment.....isn't there something inherently wrong with investing in something that is destined to become boring? Yeah I know the replies are going to be but everything becomes boring after a while. The way I see it though is that, for me, the packs become boring much faster than past games and I feel less inclined to go back to them.

As far as Pets being an EP. Are you sure about that? Vampires came all by themselves in a GP. I can absolutely picture a dog GP or a Cat GP.....also with the way people seem want just what they want I can also see the threads.....I didn't want cats, I wanted dogs!

If you do something constantly, yes it becomes boring...but if you use the features sporadically to tell your story then they enhance the tale. For example, I haven't sent my Sims in my current save bowling once, because it doesn't suit them right now...but after two of them start their family they may have a family bowling Saturday, going out to breakfast at the local diner then hitting the lanes. Ollie, one of the Sims, spends many of his evenings at the karaoke clubs, the first time I've really explored the singing skill, while his fiancee Aicha (who he got from the Wishing Well, the first time I used that in a while) is working on the Fresh Chef aspiration (the first time in a while I've done that aspiration). It's all about having the imagination to use the features provided through EPs, GPs and SPs to enhance your personal game play.

As for splitting up Pets into two GPs, that doesn't make sense because they have a lot of the animations in common -- just perhaps some different interactions. It's not like they'd make more money splitting them up either because 2 GPs are the same price as 1 EP, at least here in the US. And code for both cats and dogs has been found in recent patches so it's looking more likely we get both this fall.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

No I don't think it's just you. It's more like the family players have been asking and asking for family stuff. I find the whole family thing really not my cup of tea. Like you WA was one of my favorite packs and I still use it. I thought TS3 Generations was probably the worst pack (but not worse than Katy Perry)and yet a lot of people really liked it. My TS3 game is full of insane, evil scientists, world travel, fighting mummies, witches,zombies, slums and murder mysteries.

When I first started to play I saw that so many people play legacies and generational families so I thought I would try. By gen 3 I felt like this

headdesk.gif

I knew it wasn't for me. I found it predictable, boring and lather,rinse,repeat in it's sameness. Give me meteors and zombies any day.
    But those generations can be scientists, world travellers, mummy fighters and witches can't they ;)?

I hope this pack will bring the family life people want. I like both myself, what the OP likes and what family players like. The combination is what makes the game.

Not for me. My guys are usually love em and leave em and my ladies tend to be on the wild side. I've thought about it sometimes and maybe it has to do with I don't need a game that emulates family life with all the things that go with it like housework and kids homework because I've had all that in real life. My games are about fantasy, supernaturals, tombs, mummies and insane scientists that go around town blowing things up. In future packs I'd like more unreal instead of real.
    Lol, wild girls :D I like playing guys for some reason by the way (though right now I'm playing girls in both games). My playing style is basically the same as yours btw to be honest. A lot of adventures and love perils/complications and somewhere in between (or in the end fast fast fast) I raise the new heir, main goal being them becoming a YA ;) There was one exception when it was the kids who had the adventures. (their father mastered all the French tombs in the meantime)

I'm completely different -- I tend to play Sims that settle down with Mr. or Ms. Right, get married and have a family. I played a serial romantic once way back after the game debuted; he had 13 kids by 12 different women (one had twins who he later adopted after she had a mysterious pool accident >:) ) before I got bored with that save. He also had a sister who had a husband and children -- one of his conquests was Eliza Pancakes, and she had a baby then aged up to Elder along with Bob, so when the baby became a child I moved the child in with the sister and her family so he wouldn't get lost if Bob and Eliza died before he became a teen. He actually became one of my favorite born in game Sims.

I guess the ultimate point is that a good Sims game has room for all different types of play styles, and with this upcoming GP family players are finally getting some direct attention.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Emily04 wrote: »
    It's just you - Most people seem really excited :)

It's not just the OP. I find the idea boring too.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    No way, man! I'm a family player, so I'm totally thrilled about this GP! However, I can see why some people might find it a bit boring.

headdesk.gif

I'm completely different -- I tend to play Sims that settle down with Mr. or Ms. Right, get married and have a family. I played a serial romantic once way back after the game debuted; he had 13 kids by 12 different women (one had twins who he later adopted after she had a mysterious pool accident >:) ) before I got bored with that save. He also had a sister who had a husband and children -- one of his conquests was Eliza Pancakes, and she had a baby then aged up to Elder along with Bob, so when the baby became a child I moved the child in with the sister and her family so he wouldn't get lost if Bob and Eliza died before he became a teen. He actually became one of my favorite born in game Sims.

I guess the ultimate point is that a good Sims game has room for all different types of play styles, and with this upcoming GP family players are finally getting some direct attention.
    Exactly. for me the focus may lie on YA and adventures/storylines by the way, but that certainly doesn't mean family play isn't important to me (and it certainly was my focus when I started playing Sims). I like raising the kids and the better family play is, the more people will play them I think.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I jump around from normal families, to devious sims, to supernatural sims.
    Just playing one way all the time would be boring to me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    I'm kind of indifferent about it. Like, it's something that could spice up the game but I'm not overly excited about it either. I wasn't here when the voting happened though so I guess I can't complain. Plus, I'm not going to be able to buy it for quite a while anyways because once they got rid of physical copies of the games, it got harder for me to actually get them (because I would ask for them as presents and now I can't do that).

But, yeah, I doubt it's just you op. There's always at least one other person with the same view. :)
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Elizabeth94803Elizabeth94803 Posts: 33 Member
    I am a HUGE family player in sims so the Parenthood pack is going to be one of my favorites. I have been loving sims 4 with the addition of toddlers and nannies. This pack is a dream come true for me.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    It looks like kids get the most with all those homework models

That looks the best part of it.
    Oh some nice content.
    Not much for newborn or toddlers.
    Great teen bedroom content.

Teens still look like adults.....
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Parenthood? really??? can you pay more attention and concentrating on pets or seasons finally, and stop feeding us with such a sh....t??

No need to be rude about it...

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2017
    As for splitting up Pets into two GPs, that doesn't make sense because they have a lot of the animations in common -- just perhaps some different interactions. It's not like they'd make more money splitting them up either because 2 GPs are the same price as 1 EP, at least here in the US. And code for both cats and dogs has been found in recent patches so it's looking more likely we get both this fall.

Splitting Pets up would certainly not mean splitting them up in a GP for dogs and one for cats, but splitting them up to a GP for cats and dogs, and another one for small pets like birds, rabbits, snakes and the like (and possibly a third GP for horses - probably a farm themed one).

I can see that happen but Pets might still be an EP. We´ll see soon enough.

To not be completely off topic: I´m utterly hyped about the new GP.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    No way! Im sorry you feel that way but I'm so excited!! I've been waiting so long for this pack. I'm a huge family player and this is something so important for my gameplay style. We can't always get the content we want for this game. People with different play styles need to take turns getting the content they desire. Maybe the next EP will be seasons or pets or something exciting you desire. I do hope for seasons! It's always one of my favorite.

I have to agree!! I would love to see Pets back in action though. Im not sure about weather, as I have not experienced it myself, but I am sure its just as great. I think that both weather and pets both have potential in this whole family-based idea that they have going on.
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    I haven't played this game in a month and that's saying a lot since I used to play every day. Maybe I'm just taking a break or maybe I'm waiting for something I actually have been wanting to appear in game for a while. As of rn though a lot of what they're releasing just seems redundant. Maybe it'll get better but I'm tired of waiting.
    71rbpi.png
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    As a family/legacy player, it's no surprise that I'm super excited about the Parenthood GP. I've had hopes from the very beginning for a TS4 version of the Generations EP and I cannot wait for it to be released. :)

L
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I think it has potential, but I'm a little afraid of it. I'm not sure I want rebellious kids. I'm not into drama. My own kids (now in their 30s) never caused any drama. I guess we'll see how it all turns out :smile:

This game lacks so much drama.
    I try not to mix real life with my gaming I guess.

I have fun with drama in past games the sims used to be known for.

Its not shown much In the trailer.
    Can see plenty for kids but not much else really...

I hate drama in the real world but in game why not :smiley: y