Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Me, Or does Parenthood Game Pack sound really really boring!

C'mon Sims 4 designers, bring back Pyramids and Mummies, Pets, Seasons, or something exciting. Kids misbehaving? really? Have you run out of ideas?

Comments

• Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Well whether you venture into Pyramids, have Seasons, Pets and whatnot, all these things have one thing in common and its families. Its the core of the game and fleshing them out will improve every aspect of the game so its a good way to go as the game still lacks in its core features.

I also see the risk of this GP beeing packed with a bunch of boring daily tasks. Like homework, more homework, cleaning, rabbitholes for public work like cleaning the highway, calming moods and stuff... basically everything to make us feel like in jail or something.

I do hope they will add more exciting stuff instead (as there is alot about families), but its a though one when picking a topic like parenting which is per definition a bunch of boring daily tasks. Lets see how they take that turn and if we get anything else besides parenting.

Next GPs waiting in Line:
    Mow your lawn (every 2 days)
    Paint your fence (once a week)
    Chop your firewood (daily)
    Tidy up your cellar (rabbit hole activity)
    Fuel your car (Daily, you cant drive it thou, just a rabbit hole)
    Make your tax declaration (once a week, takes 5 days to complete, game over if not completed)
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    C'mon Sims 4 designers, bring back Pyramids and Mummies, Pets, Seasons, or something exciting. Kids misbehaving? really? Have you run out of ideas?
    Bringing back things they already did, like your suggestions, would imply they have run out of ideas. Just sayin'...

Of course you have every right to feel however you want to about TS4.
    That said, we've recently had vampires, bowling and city living. Like them or not, I think they qualify as exciting.

Maybe once they get all this parenting / toddler stuff in order it will be smooth sailing into a really good Pets pack.
    For example, something like a pet training skill. It's similar enough. Exchange the todds for a dog or cat.

As an aside:
    You can always make game content suggestions in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner section of the forum.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    The Parenting part of the pack looks exciting and a good addition. What I am not so excited about is the "New Objects" we get.

Why?

Because they are just recolors of the already existing items we already have. The chairs, counters, sinks etc are all re-colors. Really guys, you are supposed to have professional artists on staff doing your designs and this is the best you came up with. Changing the color and adding a few new decals to items.

The Parenting part yeah, the "new" objects no.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am looking forward to it but I hope some of the things they add don't feel like a tedious task. For instance, it takes teens forever to do homework and now a school project may be added. They will be up until midnight working on stuff and forget stopping to use the bathroom or eat. I really like the concept, I am just afraid of the execution.

I find disciplining teens, children and toddlers interesting if it is fleshed out. I wonder if they have the slob trait could you possible discipline them into no farting, burping and flushing the toilet?

I was hoping family members were getting more fleshed out like Step-Moms and Step-dads so the family flirting would stop. I haven't heard anything about it though.

Off topic: is there a mod to speed up the homework for teens?
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2017
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to it but I hope some of the things they add don't feel like a tedious task. For instance, it takes teens forever to do homework and now a school project may be added. They will be up until midnight working on stuff and forget stopping to use the bathroom or eat. I really like the concept, I am just afraid of the execution.

I find disciplining teens, children and toddlers interesting if it is fleshed out. I wonder if they have the slob trait could you possible discipline them into no farting, burping and flushing the toilet?

I was hoping family members were getting more fleshed out like Step-Moms and Step-dads so the family flirting would stop. I haven't heard anything about it though.

Yes. Here is a mod that speeds up homework.

http://modthesims.info/d/244132 (Just cut and paste into browser)

It may still work. I no longer use it, only because my teens no longer attend school. I use another mod to make them go out and get a job.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Sorry OP but it might just be you. I'm totally excited about this GP. I've been waiting for this for like ever lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited May 2017
    johnjet wrote: »

It may still work. I no longer use it, only because my teens no longer attend school. I use another mod to make them go out and get a job.

awesome and thanks :)

Edit: I would bet money it will break with the patch update for this GP...lol
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    Eh, I think they did a good job with World Adventures when it was the first EP for S3. Out of the their comfort zone imho, but i'm a family player and 4 was really lacking in that area.
    I didn't think we needed vampires before this, but here we are. I'm glad this pack is coming.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I don't think you're the only one. There are a few others who seem to have some reservations. There's a gameplay trailer coming next week in addition to a livestream next Friday. You might want to check those out and then wait for the gamepack's release and see what other forum players and reviewers have to say.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Parenting is ok but what I really want is Generations Gameplay with new playground equipment,gift giving,pillow fighting,catch,picnic baskets etc. I guess we'll have to wait for Seasons for all of that.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I can't wait for this pack. I'm a family player, but it goes deeper than that. I also enjoy all the things that you want as well, but if the sims don't feel connected than those packs will not be great either. I want to feel that my sims are a family and not just a bunch of people who happen to live in the same house. It's about connections and I hope this pack helps with that.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    One thing I am excited about is that toddler hair for female adults.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    johnjet wrote: »

You don't even need a mod to speed up homework, just have your parents (or nanny) help the kid out with his/her homework. That tends to speed it up as well.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I am not a family player, so I'm not super excited. I will buy it because I always enjoy new content. I hope for the family players this helps flesh out what they have been missin.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

It's you. :D Many players have been begging for more family play options since the Sims 4 launched, and for more than just toddlers. There's an entire 1000+ page thread over in Sims Feedback. This pack has the potential to change game play for the better -- for those of us who do play with families, either on occasion or on a more consistent basis, we're going to actually see parenting have consequences, for the first time in the Sims series. With a little bit of imagination, some drama can be introduced into a game that many see as too much sweetness and light.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)