Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I The Only One Excited For Profanity?!?

13...Next

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @elanorbreton I love the old zombie films too. I actually got engaged to my ex-wife in the shopping mall that was used in the original Dawn Of The Dead. Pretty amazing considering it was my first time in the US!
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited May 2017
    Happily deleted comment!
    Post edited by DegrassiGen on
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I rarely swear in public (and never in anger), and I never swore in front of adults knowingly when I was a teen (except when I was in pain). But in private, teenager me cursed a lot.

I've never really seen this as an important issue. Kids should be able to learn restraint in public and when dealing with authorities/adults, but I really can't see how it makes them worse people intrinsically. The point of teaching kids not to curse, in my mind, is to help them gain mastery of the social situations, helping to train them in reading the appropriateness of certain actions in those situations, and helping to build good judgement - not to protect them from dangerous ideas or pass a moral pronouncement.

I'm happy it's in the game, though I'm not sure how I'll use it until I see how it works in game.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    First swear in front of my mom as a teen was dropping a few glass bottles and the word just came out. I just got goggled at no punishment. I can't ever remember being punished I just got "The Look".
    And yes I'm about as excited for swearing as I am at having a case of acne.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    If my teens swear at me, I'll rip off their plumbob and beat them over the head with it until they learn some respect.

Bet your sims will love you for that!
    giphy_1.gif
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    lol some people are so strict! I think it's fun, love that it'll be in the game.
    Also how have some of you never sworn in front of parents?! That's hard for me to imagine, we swear at each other (mostly in humor) all the time. Maybe a British thing?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'll teach my kids how to swear. I hope grown-ups can do it too. It wouldn't make sense if they couldn't.

Personally I swear more often than most people use punctuation.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    edited May 2017
    It'll be fun to see what swears there will be!
    mika wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to potty-mouthed kids and teens lol, if only because Simlish is very amusing to me. I like that several of the words can be translated to English, like "sul sul" obviously means hello and "dag dag" is goodbye. I want to know what the Simlish F-bomb is :D

Um I don't know if I can say it here, but I remember in TS1 that sometimes when a sim slapped another they'd say what sounded like "you fracken!" :D I remember also hearing something like 'snick' and 'saop' and thinking they were swears as well.

In TS4 occasionally I hear in an argument the word 'scritch' and thinking of that as a bad word too :D
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Yes! Triple size t-shirt yes! I love they are adding this as a new feature because let's be real what teen wouldn't be mouthing off to their parents. Yeah true it's going to be in Simlish as a cleaver way of censorship to keep a teen rating but I'm excited to have my Sims tell each other off such as to "Smole Flo Bell" or "Fluke U" or the harshest thing a Sim could possibly say such as "Up Gee Coffee Cup lil' booger". I mean that truly is the most insulting thing a Sim could say to another. Below is a link that lists of announced features we know so far for the upcoming game pack and please let's discuss on what you think about Sims using profanity.

http://www.thesimscake.com/2017/05/everything-you-need-know-about-new-pack.html

No, you are not the only one excited for profanity to return. It would be so cool if older siblings and even parents could try to "teach" their children to say cuss words, lol. Depending on the parents mood, they might get embarrassed, mad, or laugh. How cute would it be for little toddlers to say "fire truck" in simlish, only it would not exactly sound like "fire truck" if you know what I mean, lol.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Oh, they should have opened with that. Maybe I will consider buying it now
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am trying to add more drama into my sims. I think the reason I stayed away from to much sim drama was because of drama and stress at work almost 6 days a week for such a long time it wears one down. Now that I am not in that situation like before it is time for simdrama. Hehe.
    I am trying to add more drama into my sims. I think the reason I stayed away from to much sim drama was because of drama and stress at work almost 6 days a week for such a long time it wears one down. Now that I am not in that situation like before it is time for simdrama. Hehe.

Simdrama will never bring you down because that is intended for your own amusement. :) Don't shy yourself from laughter....
    Simmers! I cannot wait to "plum" the "bob" out! It's going to be so much fun telling my ungrateful husband to wash the "plumbin" dishes. :)
  • nerdysagittariusnerdysagittarius Posts: 18 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this :) Similish swearing kind of reminds me of the made-up language from Diary of a Wimpy Kid
  • SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I just want to know if toddlers can learn to swear. Maybe if they hear it from someone older? An older sibling, maybe?

"Mommy, do you want to hear my new words???"
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Was there some guru tweet that I missed? All that I know is that we've seen a teens thought bubble that we think is swearing in his head. How did that grow into a thing you can teach your kids to do? It is probably a random thought that happens when a sim is very angry the way a thought bubble with a dish of food appears when they are hungry. It's not something you can control.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Was there some guru tweet that I missed? All that I know is that we've seen a teens thought bubble that we think is swearing in his head. How did that grow into a thing you can teach your kids to do? It is probably a random thought that happens when a sim is very angry the way a thought bubble with a dish of food appears when they are hungry. It's not something you can control.

in the blog it states it

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-parenthood-announce fourth paragrah down
    trying to not burp, swear, or fart,
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

in the blog it states it

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-parenthood-announce fourth paragrah down

It says teach your kids not to swear, it doesn't say you can teach them to swear.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member

in the blog it states it

It says teach your kids not to swear, it doesn't say you can teach them to swear.

if it can be taught one way it can PROBABLY be taught the other way as well
    6adMCGP.gif

in the blog it states it

if it can be taught one way it can PROBABLY be taught the other way as well

The blog also mentions farting but we can't teach them to fart. They just do it on their own, so I don't think it will be a command, but, instead, the result of getting angry.
    SimmerMoon wrote: »
    I just want to know if toddlers can learn to swear. Maybe if they hear it from someone older? An older sibling, maybe?

"Mommy, do you want to hear my new words???"

My guess is good ideas by Simmers usually get ignored so because we both know that that would be awesome and realistic because young ones can often copy what older people to this would not be included because "Sul Sul" that's too good to keep a teen rating so dag dag. :( lol oh dear! EA please give us more of these little moments. The Sims 2 had no issues with this lol
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    No one in my family uses profanity. None of my friends use profanity. I avoid people at work who curse for no apparent reason. I am interested in this pack, but I am hopeful that this will be a minor or non-existing event in my game if I decide to get this.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If my teens swear at me, I'll rip off their plumbob and beat them over the head with it until they learn some respect.

Golly. I know plumbobs aren't physically attached to sims, but goodness does that sound painful! :frowning:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

Golly. I know plumbobs aren't physically attached to sims, but goodness does that sound painful! :frowning:

omg too funny lol